Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16

+20
eleni
ezzelin
alcasync
Aeiou
high seraph
Tiki The Troll
Kiyoko
Ardonye
T3tsuya
Sammiya
deo
plotstickers
Mr. Gerbear
angel★
drandahl
chinomi
lulu
Rasei
Pan
Cure
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 31 ... 60  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 60]

31Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 3 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:20 pm

Cure

Cure

HELLO EVERYONE THE MEOWHOSR JUST REMINDED ME TO REMIND ALL OF YOU THAT SINCE THERE'S BEEN LOTS OF STRANGE HOUSE-AND-SLEEP-RELATED SHENANIGANS AFFECTING THE RECENT DAY PHASES, YOU'LL ALL BE PLEASED TO KNOW THE ACTIVITY BY VOTE COUNTER (ABVC) WILL BE RESET AT THE BEGINNING OF DAY 5. YOU ALL GET CLEAN SLATES BUT I'M STILL WATCHING YOU. PLEASE KEEP TRACK OF YOUR OWN PERSONAL ABVC. OR DON'T BECAUSE I AM. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME. HOOT.

ALSO

-14 HOURS REMAIN-

32Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 3 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:26 pm

Cure

Cure

NOTE: IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE REMEMBERING THE ACRONYM ABVC, PRETEND YOU ARE SAYING ACDC. EXCEPT WITH ENTIRELY DIFFERENT LETTERS.

33Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 3 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:44 pm

deo

deo

Cure wrote:
Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 3 Ie6MZja

INTERMISSION

Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 3 6855247289_5c1c8e268a_o

THE TIMELINE HAS SPLIT.

For this phase only, please send TWO VERSIONS OF YOUR ACTION. You MAY NOT CHOOSE THE SAME TARGET for both actions. All actions must be sent in before March 1, noon PST. The phase will end at 8pm PST like normal, but any actions sent after noon will not be considered.

Example PM wrote:I want to act on Kiyoko.
I want to act on Cure.

Only one timeline will be chosen to continue.

WILL WE DEFEAT THE MAFIA AND GET WEIRD SPINOFFS WITH TRAINS AND FOUR PLAYER

OR FALL TO THEM AND GET GOOD GAMES

wait i just realized how backwards that is in this case ummmmmmm

34Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 3 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:50 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

I rubbed my temples. I should have known to send the self-proclaimed neutral party out an airlock the moment I had heard the claim. Now he had robbed us if a chance to remove anymore -- or possibly even our first -- of the Mafia from this party of merry-making murderers, and only shortly after hearing our local arbites had been slain.

Still, even though it meant I was stuck in this madness, the good news is I was safe the prior night, and lived to see another day.

Even if it was a short one...

35Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 3 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:20 am

high seraph

high seraph

WhAT ThE FUCK

36Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 3 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:28 am

Aeiou

Aeiou

plotstickers wrote:Are lulu and vowels going to run a dinosaur UPICK?

OMG CVAN WE??? Im down 4 dino loving

Sry for interuptting, return to your clusterfuck game now

37Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 3 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:17 am

lulu

lulu

i said i'd be staying off thread but i came back to send in my actions and was thinking about the timeline splitting power -

it was used about an hour after rollover. both teams would have been taken off guard by the neutral acting, so i don't think it's too surprising.

more relevantly, does anyone have any experience with any similar roles which give forewarning for an early action cutoff? i can't recall seeing anything like this before.

if it was just the mods randomising which timeline to go with, would an additional 8 hours between the action cut off & rollover end be necessary? is it possible the timeline splitter has control over which timeline to go with? i feel like that would explain the 8 hour gap but i'm not sure if it sounds like a sensible role. i guess we'll get to see more of the role details at rollover...

i've sent in a question to the hosrs asking if we're still allowed to spec after the action cutoff but i'm heading to bed & probably won't be up until after so i hope so lol

38Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 3 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:18 am

lulu

lulu

aeiou wrote:OMG CVAN WE??? Im down 4 dino loving
look if you need a cohost i am always available to be completely useless while i watch you do all the work

39Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 3 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:51 am

Five

Five

STRANGE EXAMPLES OF GRAMMATICALLY CORRECT ENGLISH

Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo1. James while John had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher2. That that is is that that is not is not is that it it is3.

1Some scholars insist that for this sentence to be correct, certain instances of "buffalo" must be capitalized. This is an abject falsehood.

2Some scholars insist that this sentence requires further internal punctuation to be correct. They are completely full of shit.

3Some scholars insist that this sentence is actually multiple sentences, some of which require further punctuation. You don't want to hear my opinion of them.

40Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 3 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:29 am

Ardonye

Ardonye

I'm feeling sick. Woke up with a sore throat and feeling progressively worse, so I may not spec much tomorrow

Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 3 A-sick-dog

http://ardonye.tumblr.com

41Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 3 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:16 am

high seraph

high seraph

ok so i don't know anything else about splitting timelines, but i did a reverse image search on the mural that was posted with the intermission, and it's apparently something from The Legend of Zelda. So I guess someone picked a Legend of Zelda-related book (and legend was a hint in the Prologue as well, so it all comes together I guess).

And I have absolutely zero facts to support this but I think this book is deo's bc he's a nerd and this does seem like the kind of thing that could either be activated by death or by his own choosing? idk why he didn't do this sooner tho? Deo, if this is really your role I think...? The best you could do is, like, tell us what is going to happen tbh. Like, will just one timeline be chosen? (edit: this is explained in the intermission itself lmao sorry) Do you have any say in how it goes? Why did you decide to use it now???

hm, either way I'm leaning "town" about this role so idk if I'd be voting deo again. idk.

Anyway I decided to waste another use of my ability in order to investigate Blaire. She was some kind of... rainbow... cloud... helicopter... thing?? well she was a bus driver capable of redirecting the actions of two players, just like she said. If any of her targets acted, garbled text would show up in rollover. So the mystery about the mysterious messages is finally solved. Thank god.

re: nautilus's message, I have nothing more to comment about her role, everything she said is The Truth, even the parts that I didn't talk about in the thread before (like a little part of her role being sideways. that's also a thing). In regards to the redirection roles she mentioned, outside from blaire and eleni, other redirection roles that came up are the butt book (although this is just speculation so far, and might be just a mirror role, and not a proper, active redirection? idk I guess someone hit the mirror on N2 so if you got weird role results mayb??? speak up? because that role is likely mafia imo) and then there's also alca, who claimed to redirect nautilus onto herself on N1. She said that was just "the role that she had on that phase" but idk, if she was a roullete and picked bus twice, then I'm pretty sure she would be a mafia roullete.

sighs now i guess all there's left to do now is sit pretty until someone else gets killed

edit oh also, did pan claim to be responsible for all stuns that didn't come from Rasei so far, or just for the one that happened on N3? In other words, is Pan responsible for stunning chi (N0), ezz (N1) and Five (N2)?

edit again oh actually, idk, if pan could clarify what stuns were her fault, I think that'd be great. But there's probably still a mafia stunner around. On N0 and N2, Rasei and a mysterious stunner were accounted for. On N1, despite the fact that Rasei was stunned, there were still two stuns in rollover, the other one being ezz.

42Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 3 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:30 am

Cure

Cure

- TWO AND A HALF HOURS REMAIN -

43Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 3 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:57 am

alcasync

alcasync

I am not and have never been a bus driver. My redirect was "choose target, pick target's new target" and I tried to use it investigatively. For what it's worth, I asked Kiyoko on N1 what would happen if I tried to make a jailer or stunner target themselves, and she said it would appear as "X was targeted for a jail/stun, but it failed," so if the butt book is a self-redirect, it must have some different mechanic than a basic self-redirect. ;v;

I do agree with Five that the NK probably doesn't show up in Aeiou's results, and that the butt book is not the NK sender, because it makes no sense for the mafia to make their NK target protect themselves from the NK.

Also I am having trouble finding the hints in the chapter 7 rollover. Has anyone found any yet? I imagine the chapter 8 rollover hint is just "sleep" since I don't think anyone besides Pan acted.

44Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 3 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:23 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

Cure wrote:
- TWO AND A HALF HOURS REMAIN -

... is a moon going to come crashing down on us?

45Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 3 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:41 am

Pan

Pan

high seraph wrote:edit oh also, did pan claim to be responsible for all stuns that didn't come from Rasei so far, or just for the one that happened on N3? In other words, is Pan responsible for stunning chi (N0), ezz (N1) and Five (N2)?

edit again oh actually, idk, if pan could clarify what stuns were her fault, I think that'd be great. But there's probably still a mafia stunner around. On N0 and N2, Rasei and a mysterious stunner were accounted for. On N1, despite the fact that Rasei was stunned, there were still two stuns in rollover, the other one being ezz.

i believe those were my stun targets, yes! i haven't slept much (irony of ironies) so my memory is spotty, but i'm fairly certain those were the players i stunned. i needed to stun every night, and every one went through successfully.

actually i. just checked and. i might have claimed a stun i didn't actually make? fucko my memory is shit what have i even done ever

i stunned chinomi n0
zura n1
five n2
zura n3

i checked through my outbox so these were definitely my actions but im a little wobbly on reality itself right now so be gentle. i don't remember going "wtf i was redirected" on any rollovers, so!!!

http://malafight.tumblr.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 60]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 31 ... 60  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum