Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

crossroads ✕ town win

+16
drandahl
Aeiou
Rasei
Mr. Gerbear
Tiki The Troll
katagi
Entelechy
Cure
angel★
chinomi
Five
nautilus
Ninfia
Luxaria
Kiyoko
alcasync
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 29 ... 52  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 52]

91crossroads ✕ town win - Page 7 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Mon May 16, 2016 6:17 pm

katagi

katagi

crossroads ✕ town win - Page 7 YETbE1F

92crossroads ✕ town win - Page 7 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Mon May 16, 2016 6:17 pm

nautilus

nautilus

... Yeah, no, I'm pretty sure I know what character chi's at least RPing as, if not chosen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I won't elaborate on the character if chi doesn't want me to make it obvious, though!

I guess my only real concern about a thread-wide NL is that I'm kind of wary of people NLing and running without much discussion or it killing the thread, but I'd be down with it if everyone's down with it since we have jack to go off of right now aha

I do think the ratio is... interesting because I think this is the most maf-sided game in terms of ratio I've ever played in, and I agree that it's likely town has some kind of firepower to account for the massive size of the game's mafia (if this is a town-allied cancel that is part of this massive amount of town firepower, I'm ... sob you acted so quickly. why this)

In that same vein, I don't believe mafia has a recruitment role/any sort of role that switches someone who was originally town in terms of ratio (or if they do, it's really nerfed) because the mafia's so big in this game and a lucky recruitment could spell problems for the town really quickly.

i was beaten by an extremely topical and good pagetop

93crossroads ✕ town win - Page 7 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Mon May 16, 2016 6:24 pm

Five

Five

There were actions, other than the drum solo, that went through last night phase. I did not act n0. Still backreading!

94crossroads ✕ town win - Page 7 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Mon May 16, 2016 6:24 pm

high seraph

high seraph

hmmmm

Whatever happened during the night phase, it couldn't have erased all actions, because I've received confirmation that my action was successful. I think it's more likely that the drums were so loud that we couldn't hear alca say everything else that happened heh heh heh. But yeah, I think actions went through and we just couldn't learn what they were, and if no one died, then it probably means someone was protected or the NK sender was stunned or whatever other possibilities you can think of.

Not sure what alignment that kind of role would most likely fall into? It seems very mafiaish, but I wouldn't normally expect mafia to use this ability on N0 if it's a limited thing... Unless the mafia has some of the Wild Card players... namely Tiki and/or Duck lmao.

95crossroads ✕ town win - Page 7 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Mon May 16, 2016 6:30 pm

Five

Five

Anyway, because there were indeed actions that went through, I don't believe the drum solo tampered with the NK. The flavor looks like the drums prevented us from hearing anything else and didn't get the flavor of any other actions, despite those actions still occurring--I can absolutely vouch for that. I'd rather not elaborate, if I don't need to.

These drums are very troubling, are they not? I'd almost always much rather lynch than not, but without any information in rollover at all and with the ratio we've got I feel like maybe we should be cautious and NL? It feels pretty weird, just typing that.

96crossroads ✕ town win - Page 7 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Mon May 16, 2016 6:31 pm

Cure

Cure

hi i'm here i just got home.

1: I don't think chinomi caused the drums.
2: I did not cause the drums if you think that's why I think chinomi did not cause the drums.
3: I think the drums canceled all actions rather than wiping rollover.
4: I am not investigative if you think that's why I think the drums cancelled all actions rather than wiping rollover.
5: ???
6: i am not ??? if you think that's why I think ???

that's basically it

97crossroads ✕ town win - Page 7 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Mon May 16, 2016 6:32 pm

Five

Five

Why do you think the drums cancelled all actions?

98crossroads ✕ town win - Page 7 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Mon May 16, 2016 6:33 pm

Rasei

Rasei

vote:dran for talking sexy the last game and because I had one to many hard ciders at Pinballz. (Gosh, Aaron, how could you throw away my cider while I was in the bathroom. Bad barkeeper. Thanks again for getting another one through.)

Last edited by Rasei on Mon May 16, 2016 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

99crossroads ✕ town win - Page 7 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Mon May 16, 2016 6:33 pm

Cure

Cure

Five wrote:Why do you think the drums cancelled all actions?

Because no one is dead.

100crossroads ✕ town win - Page 7 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Mon May 16, 2016 6:34 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Oh, huh, I had forgotten that it's possible mafia might have hit someone who was protected or that someone was stunned, and a potential wipe would've erased all of that information from rollover. I guess that means that even though no one died, this could still possibly be a wipe where mafia failed to kill anyone in the midst of the wipe... oops I can logic this game, I swear.

By virtue of obscuring information though, I can see a wipe being mafia aligned since it's extremely anti-town (especially in a game where we know nothing about actions other than flavour) to remove action history from rollover, and I can't see a role that wipes all information out of rollover while letting actions still go through be town (and if so, acting N0), especially given the ratio weighted heavily to mafia.

As an aside: It's... possible, given what I think chi's character is, that she is the drum soloist, but her vehement denial (plus the fact that the drum solo flavour seems like a bit of a stretch on alca's part, since the character doesn't actually play drums, just would be the kind of person to do this if a drum set was conveniently placed next to them) makes me very unsure of this, aha

Last edited by nautilus on Mon May 16, 2016 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

101crossroads ✕ town win - Page 7 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Mon May 16, 2016 6:35 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Hmm. My first thought was if protects would show or not, but apparently the main post clarifies that they do not, so we can't narrow down what happened as a result. At least we know there wasn't a hidden kill, given what Rasei/Kiyo discussed.

I guess theoretically there's the option to out stunned/jailed targets in the event that the drum solo wasn't an action nullify, but that's not a sure thing since these targets may have been town and there was a protect, or these targets were redirected/bussed if they're in the game, or something or other. Not to mention blatantly outing active roles (especially protective) would be unwise when we haven't even lost anyone yet. So... there's that. Unless it was a one-use bulletproof that was absorbed? I don't know.

I have no way of knowing if actions were permitted on N0. I'm slightly more inclined to believe the action was mafia-originating (and thus was probably a rollover wipe instead of an action wipe), but it's mostly a gut feeling that may be wrong. Also depends a bit on how alca balanced this game, since an action wipe might with a mildly anti-town side-effect might make sense in a 6:12 ratio. To that end, I am inclined to agree with Kiyo's assessment of possible role distribution.

I tend to prefer lynching, but a NL here would make sense given our secure position. If we do happen to have a large amount of investigation roles, and they were not nullified by the drum solo, voting around might help them act on their results without being obvious--same goes for stunners/jailers, I guess. This said, they could always wait until a future day phase with more to go off of. Mainly I'm just worried of us not getting any discussion down.

Short version: I've got nothing.

Edited version: apparently actions did go through? posting this while I read

102crossroads ✕ town win - Page 7 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Mon May 16, 2016 6:35 pm

Five

Five

I can't say for sure why no one is dead, but I can say for certain there are a number of possible explanations and also that at least some actions succeeded.

103crossroads ✕ town win - Page 7 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Mon May 16, 2016 6:35 pm

Cure

Cure

If you think rollover was simply wiped, and all actions went though, then I can tell you one person who might be a decent lynch candidate.

104crossroads ✕ town win - Page 7 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Mon May 16, 2016 6:37 pm

Five

Five

I'm certain some actions went through. I'm not sure every action did, but I think some did. I don't think the power came from town, and I don't think all town actions were wiped. It's possible the power is town-originating and blocks mafia actions while wiping the rollover, but I don't think that's particularly likely.

105crossroads ✕ town win - Page 7 Empty Re: crossroads ✕ town win Mon May 16, 2016 6:39 pm

Cure

Cure

I'll sit on my information then, but I'll reiterate even more strongly now that, especially if actions were not canceled, Chinomi is not the drum soloist.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 52]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 29 ... 52  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum