Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN]

+9
Sammiya
Rasei
T3tsuya
high seraph
Cure
Luxaria
Mr. Alice
Ninfia
Kiyoko
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 30  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 30]

151Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 11 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:15 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

If you need help with story I can help you when I get home. You can get hero points from anywhere though, which is what you need for tempest.

GOD NO DON'T PAGETOP WITH THIS

KAPPA

RIOT

START9

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

152Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 11 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:18 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

I think I'm on the last step of Sign Cutting before I head to Dragon Stand or whatever. But I haven't gotten a single hero point from Tangled Depths.

153Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 11 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:24 pm

Cure

Cure

Kiyoko wrote:If you need help with story I can help you when I get home. You can get hero points from anywhere though, which is what you need for tempest.

GOD NO DON'T PAGETOP WITH THIS

KAPPA

RIOT

START9

NotLikeThis

154Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 11 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:25 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

I have that game reinstalled. I should probably start playing it again. XD

155Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 11 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:34 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

Okay so since I didn't have time to address some stuff while I was away, I'm gonna take this post to put off doing my essay post some thoughts about the stuff I didn't get the chance to dissect before roll over.

As I said in my post, I wanted to vote but due to real life being a thing, I hadn't had the chance to engage with the posts people had made so I slapped a vote down. I stand by that because I didn't feel like it was fair to vote based on how other people had voted without coming to my own conclusion.

I think T3t's point about discouraging investigation/sharing is a scummy move, which he articulated a lot better than I did re:cure. clearly, we were wrong, but that being said, I don't think it was a stretch to vote for her. I had not been intending to vote for her at that point in the thread for what its worth, and I didn't do so at the end because while I stated her reasoning seemed to be focusing on t3t (I mean, I would have called her actions looking at him hard, though she didn't think so? I'm a more timid sort, I suppose.) (I'm also a little flattered that Cure sees me as threatening enough to target me n0. I must be getting better at playing mafia.)

I'm not really concerned with actions from n0 because for the most part, they're town acting on their guts. from here on out I think its good to glance them over for inconsistencies. I think its less of a tier thing and more of a transparency thing? I like it when people are forthcoming as much as possible. I think keeping everything silent because "the mafia could use it against us!!!" is silly because then we're in the dark too-- stumbling into each other and creating embarrassing situations for all. I'm willing to be forthcoming in all actions after the night phase is over. as lux said, I think the positives outweigh the negatives. I also don't think that actions are as predictable as cure had thought? who knows! maybe we're all feeling whimsical tonight!

you guys talk so fucking much oh my god. I'm just watching the notifications increase as I type.

I think it seems a little odd that lucas so fluidly followed the votes and went for cure, while also side eyeing people who Start9'd today. I think that nling on the first day isn't really the worst thing in the world, and pushing for other people to lynch a mislynch via condemning the rest of the votes that could come in is somewhat scummy. <o><o> I guess we'll have to see what happens tonight.

okay I got to the point where I made my vote and where the cheese puns started so I need to stop faffing about and get to work. I'm sending in my actions then I'm probably going to be away until tomorrow at around 10pm EST, though who knows. Procrastination is a hell of a drug.

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

156Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 11 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:24 am

high seraph

high seraph

Rasei wrote:You know what? I almost 90% of time vote no lynch in Day 1 in the end, because it's unfair to me to end someone game so early. Just because it's not in your plans doesn't mean that I'm scummy. I don't know what your plans are, you haven't really talked until after I vote. Right now, I don't have a clear reading on anyone, and since I have one vote, I choice what I felt was best.

Hey don't get me wrong, I always subscribe to the D1 no lynch bandwagon because I generally feel like that is the most sensible course of action when town hasn't a lot of information to go on and wants to wait a little more in order to make a more informed decision later on. That's completely valid, and no lynching is definitely not a scummy move. At all. But voting start9 is pretty much useless in this game. We can't expect anything new from rollover once a start9 vote is established, and we don't draw as much discussion from other players. Having people participate, share their thoughts and maybe cause mafia to slip up is our ONLY way of identifying mafia in this game, since there aren't any cops, or any other PRs.

But that's just my own personal opinion, Rasei, and everyone is free to ignore me and do their own thing. And vote start9, if they feel like it's the best thing to do. When I said I would be side-eyeing start9 votes, I didn't mean it in such a hostile way, and I didn't mean that everyone who voted start9 would directly translate as mafia. I'll be looking carefully into everyone's votes, not just start9ers, but I need to admit that, in light of what start9 ultimately represents in the game, I will look even closer at those people who voted start9.

Ninfia wrote:I think it seems a little odd that lucas so fluidly followed the votes and went for cure, while also side eyeing people who Start9'd today. I think that nling on the first day isn't really the worst thing in the world, and pushing for other people to lynch a mislynch via condemning the rest of the votes that could come in is somewhat scummy. I guess we'll have to see what happens tonight.

I don't understand what you mean? I don't see how my voting Cure is related to my side-eyeing the players that voted start9. Furthermore, when I cast my vote on Cure, I was ninja'd by the very first start9 vote, submitted by Rasei. So the start9 votes essentially started AFTER I voted, at which point I couldn't do anything except side-eye, ya feel? Here is a timestamped vote tally that might be useful at some point (the times are in UTC-3):

D1 VOTE TALLY:

As I've stated in my answer to Rasei, I don't believe that no lynching directly translates as scum, but we should still look at those votes either way. I have more things to add, but I'm already late for work lmao bye

157Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 11 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:54 pm

drandahl

drandahl

Sorry for being out a lot yesterday. Was out with Kiyo and Blaire doing some Christmas shopping, and had first day of work after a vacation this morning.... busy day of "Dylan, we should talk about this."

Regardless...

I think I might have missed something when I said there's little risk in town discussing their actions. I realize now when trying to decide which action type I should use tonight that it's easier for me to predict how the other players are going to act. This might give maf a slight advantage tonight, though thinking about it again, it could get into wifom territory pretty easily, so maybe I'm worrying too much. I don't know.

I sincerely apologize if I missed this in anyone's posts. I need to backread more thoroughly when I get home tonight. On that note, there's a possibility I'm on a bus during rollover (and this is NOT a reveal of what I'll be doing tonight), so....

158Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 11 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:56 pm

drandahl

drandahl

T3tsuya wrote:
Cure wrote:I'm so upset that you think I'm the most expendable person here tet. rude, tbh. UnU now I'm going to get lynched because of you, because people can't think for themselves and are just going to pile onto your vote. meet me behind the dumpsters at recess and i'll step on u ill fite u I"LL FITE U

FITE ME. U'LL JUST LOSE ON PURPOSE SO I CAN STEP ON U.

It's not that you're expendable. Just that you'd reveal a lot about the state of the game as a corpse based on people's talk thus far. If anything, you are very useful both dead and alive. You should be flattered. You'd get to live fast, die young, and leave behind a pretty corpse.

I get where you're coming from, but if you're town, I'd like to hear your thoughts on this before you potentially die tonight.

159Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 11 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:23 pm

drandahl

drandahl

Luxaria wrote:I'm providing a second option to see if it affects things and because I'm not sure how to read Cure.

I get your reasons for voting Blaire... reasons not mentioned here also include not wanting to lose a talkative person and being not 100% sure about Raie. However, I'm concerned about your timing (34 minutes before phase end). Regardless of how things played out, that's not really enough time to hope for any real useful vote change. Though as it stands, I also wasn't 100% sure about Raie either.

Nevertheless, I still find this scummy. I don't necessarily think you're maf, but I would like to hear your thoughts.

Also related, I'm having a hard time reading Blaire. For now I'll also put her in the town bucket, but her request for being voted confuses me.

Last edited by drandahl on Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

160Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 11 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:32 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

What part of Vote Blaire 4 Mayor confuses you.

I am Blaire.

Blaire wants 2 B mayor.

The mayoral process is dictated by voting and/or supernatural dictation of being The Chosen One.

...and the Gods have not yet spoken. :'(

161Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 11 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:36 pm

drandahl

drandahl

Blaire, you're right. I was fixing my post but got snaked by your post. For those of you who missed that, I had originally mentioned I was confused by Blaire's response to being voted.

That said, I'm curious why the mayoral vote4blaire campaign was also started within the hour of phase end.

162Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 11 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:53 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

drandahl wrote:
T3tsuya wrote:

FITE ME. U'LL JUST LOSE ON PURPOSE SO I CAN STEP ON U.

It's not that you're expendable. Just that you'd reveal a lot about the state of the game as a corpse based on people's talk thus far. If anything, you are very useful both dead and alive. You should be flattered. You'd get to live fast, die young, and leave behind a pretty corpse.

I get where you're coming from, but if you're town, I'd like to hear your thoughts on this before you potentially die tonight.

And why do you think I'm going to die tonight, exactly?

I don't know what you'd like to hear about that hasn't already been said. Cure flipping town instead of Maf has opened a lot of insight into the posts of people defending or condemning her position. Best example being Sammie last minute voting to tie up the lynch between Cure and Mr Alice less than 10 minutes before rollover. Had Cure flipped mafia it would have painted a gigantic target on her as trying to defend a mafia member by putting the lynch to chance.

But she flipped town. Which means one of two things.

• If Sammie was mafia she would have voted knowing Cure was town. If we think about Mr Alice also being mafia, voting Mr Alice up would have been an extremely unsafe move that no wise person would have done. So if we thought Sammie was mafia, it is extremely likely Mr Alice is not.

• If Sammie is town, Mr Alice would have still been a safe noncommittal vote since other people were already on her. That's pretty likely. What we can get from this is that chances are extremely, extremely slim that Mr Alice and Sammie are both mafia. Smart money is that neither of them are, but that's yet to be determined.

That's just from the Sammie vote. A lot of extrapolating can be done from people's posts and someone flipping town.  It was worth the risk to grab a mafia member, because worst case scenario we could get information like this from it and not be in a terrible position numerically.

drandahl wrote:I get your reasons for voting Blaire... reasons not mentioned here also include not wanting to lose a talkative person and being not 100% sure about Raie. However, I'm concerned about your timing (34 minutes before phase end).

How can you be concerned about Luxaria's timing of voting 34 minutes before rollover with good backup reasoning when you yourself voted a scant 12 minutes before rollover with a noncommittal start9. And at a point where it was obvious that start9 would do nothing?

Please expand on this.

I have a lot more to say, but I'll wait until after rollover.

163Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 11 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:59 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

Right now, from what I'm seeing through past posts relating to Cure's death, my biggest suspicions are on

Spoiler:

In that order.

Hopefully we can talk about this more and other people can voice their opinions on my hunches. But I'm getting this in one minute before rollover in case I die or mafia changes their mind at the last second on who to kill ahhhhh.

164Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 11 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:00 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 11 9M5MurP
TWITCH PLAYS
MAFIA

03d 05t 03m 00s

Rasei
killed

Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 11 OLgxf2jDAY TWO BEGIN

Phase ends December 8 8:00pm PST

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

165Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 11 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:00 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

Raseiiiiiiii DDD:

Edit: Oh shit, dat ratio. We in trouble, yall. D:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 30]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum