Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN]

+9
Sammiya
Rasei
T3tsuya
high seraph
Cure
Luxaria
Mr. Alice
Ninfia
Kiyoko
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 30  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 30]

286Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 20 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:09 am

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Sammiya wrote:I suppose that's fair, Blaire.

Heh.
Fair.
Blaire.
I like things that rhyme.

Pagetop edit: Believe it or not, I'm not even trying to get these.

287Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 20 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:28 am

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

The, "I should be sleeping" double post.

A thought occurs to me. While keeping targets secret, would anybody be opposed to plotting out actions for tonight (assuming it's within the rules)? Mostly, getting three people to commit to a bus, three to a stun, and maybe one to a protect.

Why those numbers? Well, there are seven players left, with two Mafia. If three commit to bus and stun votes, that guarantees that at least one Town will be putting in a vote that could be RNG'd over whatever the Mafia tries to vote in.

And really, the stun and bus are more vital, from what I see. The protect is nice, but with the bus in the equation, it's a total shot in the dark on if it'll even protect the one you targeted. Stuns would do the same, but if successful, also pinpoint a Mafia.

Meanwhile, bus antics could even get us a Mafia kill this phase.

I also wanted to bring this up because of last night phase too, where no one put in for a stun, apparently.

288Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 20 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:28 am

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

Oh shit i didn't even notice that goddamn.

Shit, nice one Sammi.

Nice.

edit: I'll only do that if I get to be on the bussing team. I flat out refuse to do anything else.

289Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 20 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:57 am

drandahl

drandahl

I don't know, Tiki. I've been thinking about it, and obviously the mafia won't necessarily act as they claim they'll act. Worst-case, we put both mafia in the same bucket, in which case they'll have perfect information about who will be the owner of that action if they choose anything else.

For example, if both are in the same bucket for stunning, they'll know who will own stunning should they choose to secretly double-up on bussing.

This aside, knowing who's sending off busses and stuns is already a lot of information, given how we've been vocalizing our suspect lists already.

I'm not opposed to thinking about this more... I just wanted to call this out as a potential issue.

290Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 20 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:11 pm

drandahl

drandahl

Also, I'm at a work event, so I might be a little sparse today. Will check in when I can.

291Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 20 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:29 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

Someone figure this out soon because my bussing hands are getting itchy.

292Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 20 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:59 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

drandahl wrote:I don't know, Tiki. I've been thinking about it, and obviously the mafia won't necessarily act as they claim they'll act. Worst-case, we put both mafia in the same bucket, in which case they'll have perfect information about who will be the owner of that action if they choose anything else.

For example, if both are in the same bucket for stunning, they'll know who will own stunning should they choose to secretly double-up on bussing.

This aside, knowing who's sending off busses and stuns is already a lot of information, given how we've been vocalizing our suspect lists already.

I'm not opposed to thinking about this more... I just wanted to call this out as a potential issue.

May have misunderstood me there...

I know the Mafia would very likely lie in their actions, but even if they do, we still have at last one Town guaranteed to put in an action of that type

Hell, it could be possible both Mafia want to bus (like in your example), but then three Town commit to it first. True, they'll likely still bus anyway, but that would put their 2 bus votes vs. 3 Town bus votes, and still give the Town a stun vote.

I mostly want to ensure we have people putting in votes for these actions to avoid lacking one, like last night phase's stun. On top of that though, gives us a clearer idea of who may have done what come rollover (or at least raise some questions worth asking).

Also, come on people! I know night phases are usually quit, but really, nothing? =(

Edit: Oh, and I haven't committed to an action yet because I don't know who has already gone ahead and sent one in.

293Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 20 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:06 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

T3tsuya wrote:If ever I had to put up an example of overthinking it, this would be in the literal textbook.

Rude ;w;

Regarding your reads on other players, I think with high seraph as confirmed mafia, tonight's NK--if it goes through--should help to hammer out the remaining possible mafia pairings, what with how cut-throat each phase has been due to the voting format. One thing that's interesting to me is we now know a mafia voted for Mr. Alice last phase, which has me interested in what his goals were behind that move given his reasoning at the time. I haven't been convinced Blaire's not mafia, and then she voted for Sammiya, and you (and Tiki) have both said you think one of them is mafia. There may be a good chance of it. Hmm.

I've had a scummy read on drandahl, and Ninfia has come across as extremey neutral and middle-ground, but I'm not sure where both fall right now, especially with Ninfia pursuing Lucas with a bit more clause than the other two people voting for him (read: you and me). You kind of fit in somewhere beneath Ninfia in my reads, since while you're as enigmatic as ever (because I'm a wary individual that doesn't extend trust lightly), you have been exceptionally proactive. You're not fully cleared for me, but I have no reason to be suspicious of you, so you're low priority at the moment.

Difficult as Tiki is to read, I'm not sure if he was upset by my voting differently from him so much as trying to comment on the sequence of events in a Tiki-ish kind of way. I'll re-assess it later, though.

Re: Tiki's plan.

The division of roles isn't a terrible idea, though I do like it more when town can pretty much guarantee no mafia majority on any role (which means we'd need a bus kill at this point, I think?). But I'm hesitant to jump on that plan because I like the ambiguity of what others will do each night. When people share their reasoning and role/target selection tomorrow, we get a better understanding of where everyone's thoughts are. Also, being so transparent helps mafia to deliver safer lies, despite how slim a chance we have at ferreting out an inconsistency, plus give them a better anticipation of which players/role actions to expect.

I guess more to the point, it's too late now--though it was earlier/closer to the middle of the phase when you suggested this plan. I'm willing to bet at least one or two people sent in role actions near the start of the phase. Since you can only do one action PM each night, it's too late. Even if we tried to orchestrate around them, it means waiting on everyone to reply, and the coordination will be a mess. If it's a plan worth considering, it'd need to be decided for the next night phase.

This all said, one good aspect of the plan is that it means town has a good chance of guaranteeing two role powers being at least out of mafia's control. But since now we don't know what the ratio will look like in a little over 24 hours, it's hard to figure out how safe the arrangement of players might be. I don't expect everyone to be on board since it ruins some of the chaos that's the fun of this game mode, but you can try to vouch for it.

I'll probably offer some speculation/reads before rollover, but working on a few things right now.

294Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 20 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:13 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

So can I put in a bus command now or

295Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 20 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:19 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Whatever you do, I demand you brush my hair some more.

... please.

296Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 20 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:44 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Well, fair...though, and I guess you don't need to day what vote you put in, but any recommendation for what vote you'd like for me to toss out there? After all, with that last minute vote to clinch the Lucas lynch, I do trust your Towniness.

297Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 20 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:01 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

For the princess? Done. ;D

298Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 20 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:05 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

P-princess? ;w; whaaat.

@ Tiki, um. You must do as your heart tells you. Look at what everyone claimed in the past two phases. Consider what was missing, consider which players you think are mafia and what they "claimed", and then consider which targets you think those players are likely to hit. Then act accordingly.

Working on building a computer, will post more within an hour ish.

299Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 20 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:11 pm

drandahl

drandahl

If we plan, we plan, and I'll stick to it. But at this point I can't contribute to planning due to a work event. I'll peek back in thread before 8:00PM and then send my action in from my phone though, in case you need my buy-in.

300Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 20 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:39 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Your answer is lame, Lux.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 30]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum