Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN]

+9
Sammiya
Rasei
T3tsuya
high seraph
Cure
Luxaria
Mr. Alice
Ninfia
Kiyoko
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 30]

91Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 7 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:33 pm

Cure

Cure

I'll never be back!! my chiropractor told me you're bad news!!!!

What's really annoying is that we're an hour and a half out of rollover and 3/10 have voted. If anyone comes back to vote at all, you know they'll just look at whoever has the most votes (me) and vote that way. OR, they'll attempt to no lynch, which doesn't do anything unless FIVE people vote start9.

:\

steps all over the pagetop

Last edited by Cure on Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : TUPO)

92Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 7 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:44 pm

Rasei

Rasei

Vote: Star9

I did roll the random die a few times, but change my mind. Tomorrow we should learn more.

93Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 7 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:46 pm

Cure

Cure

That's not any different from abstaining from voting unless four other people vote the same way within the next hour. :T

94Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 7 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:49 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 7 RCvPBEt
TWITCH PLAYS
MAFIA

Cure
Mr. Alice
start9

T3tsuya
Mr. Alice
Cure
Rasei
Cure
Cure
Mr. Alice
start9

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

95Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 7 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:05 pm

high seraph

high seraph

ALRIGHT, I came back here to catch up on the thread a few hours ago, but I had to run a simulation test (in which I scored ok, if you're wondering, I'm only 5pts short of being approved, and I can probably get them by guessing the answer of questions I haven't solved. Which is an unreliable manner of going about this issue but whateverrr), so I couldn't post until now. So here I am, posting now!!!!! Hello! Friends!!!!!!!

Luxaria wrote:Also, drandahl, you were active at the start of the phase. What do you think coming back to the thread now? And Seraph, too!

TBH, Lux, I don't think the situation has really changed at all??? Cure sounds like she has already given up and is frustrated, but, um, I don't really get moved by that kind of reaction ever since B&B mafia, when T3t seemed really upset on his posts and was using that as a sort of persuasion strategy to keep votes off him, and he turned out to be mafia anyway. There IS a set of valid arguments behind the votes on Cure, even if her only response to the accusations consists of trying to minimize the damage caused by her own words. Right now, she seems to have changed her tone completely which A) is not consistent with how I've seen her behave on other games; and B) is overall not a very effective way to defend herself. Furthermore, revenge-voting Blaire (and locking her vote entirely in the process) doesn't help her case either.

Cure is also a very competent, dependable player as well, and I don't usually expect her to make speculation mistakes (unlike myself, I'm always putting myself on bad situations because of poor speculation lmao). I'm not saying that she is not allowed to make mistakes or anything, but she hasn't admitted to being mistaken anyway; it seems she was pretty certain about how she was feeling. At the same time, I understand her position. It's not easy to defend yourself on D1, and especially in a setup like this.

At any rate, I'm only indulging you for the sake of helping the players that are still on the fence (Sammie, Rasei, etc) make an informed decision about Cure, because I've decided that I will follow T3t and Blaire with another Vote: Cure. I've stated my opinion that we should definitely settle for a lynch today, and Cure was on my list of possible lynch candidates early in the phase anyway. She might still be town, idk, the evidence we have is circumstantial at best. But I think it's the best option we have right now.

Ninja'd by a few people. I see Rasei has locked on start9 :-/ Honestly, I'll be looking funny at anyone who votes start9 during this game, as it's just not very compatible with our goal here. As T3t has also stated already, mafia has a lot of work to do in order to win the game, and they are not even guaranteed to get a clear NK every night phase.

96Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 7 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:06 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Well, it's getting late, and not much has changed. Soo...

Vote: Cure

97Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 7 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:08 pm

Cure

Cure

And there you have it folks. I'm gonna go buy fast food.

Keep an eye on lucas when I'm gone, friends.

also lol what's this about "speculation mistakes" I didn't make any "mistakes"? I stand by all the spec I made, people just misinterpreted my tone and took it to mean I wanted to murder tet or something.

There's no point defending myself against conjecture, since most of the ~bad feelsies~ people are getting towards me are related to my tone. Which is, you know, how I type. All the time. I am grumpy and aggressive and to the point with my... points. This is a pretty silly reason to decide I'm mafia, and gj for wasting the whole day phase on it.

also also blaire was on my list of people i said I was willing to vote, and I felt her reasoning for voting me "You asked me to do something so I'm voting you!! ha!! take that", and I wouldn't mourn the loss of blaire very much, tbh, were why I voted her. Not just because she voted me.

"might still be town". I am town. You all murdered me. I hope the helix fossil turns its metaphorical, spherical back on all of you.

Last edited by Cure on Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:17 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : note i'm not actually mad b t w)

98Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 7 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:10 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

So I just finished Ep3 of Life is Strange, and now I need to sit down for this and make a decision about someone's life in this game and do a vote, after making so many decisions in that game, and--
15 minutes of gameplay in Ep1 spoilers:

--that's why I am not sure whom to vote for right this moment.

Hm. Let's try this.

I do not wish to lynch T3tsuya or High Seraph this phase.

I always struggle to consistently read Tiki, Mr. Alice, and Rasei, at least this early into the game. If I had to lynch one of the bunch, I'm not sure which I would pick. Least likely to pick Tiki (though I did find some of his insights unexpected/unusual; have you changed so much in the past months?), leaving Rasei and Mr. Alice.

Ninfia and drandahl have seemed cooperative, though some (not all) statements felt a little like noncommittal fluff.

Sammiya I do not have much of a read on. She also felt a little fluffy to me.

I have no solid opinions on Cure, other than that it seems unlikely for a mafia to put herself into this position. On the flipside, her defense has mostly been protesting being bandwagoned and the fact that a mafia would not make "this mistake". On the flip-flipside, there's not much else she can really defend herself with at this stage, I guess? I also prefer not to lynch active posters early in the game, thus my usual tendencies to policy lynch.

I am not much of a fan of the noncommittal intents of start9ing.

A tie is a possibility, but I am not sure if we get as much out of it. But placing a third vote on Cure stands a good chance to create a bandwagon, which I am not as much of a fan of since it's too easy for mafia to slip in on it (regardless of Cure's alignment).

Hmmm.

Edit: Shit, two votes just came in as I refreshed. Going to post this while I read what I missed. Vote coming shortly.

99Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 7 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:19 pm

Cure

Cure

The reasoning for most of my defense being "i would not make the mistake of being hyper aggressive if I were mafia" is that I think very highly of myself and my ability to not make stupid thread posting related mistakes on accident as mafia. Therefore, I am offended at the accusations that I'd do just that as mafia. If anything, the fact that I've been making "mistakes" in people's eyes, should be an indication that I'm town.

I only post things in the thread that I intend to post, regardless of alignment. I don't make mistakes. :\ I don't even see how saying what ultimately boils down to "Actions don't REALLY matter, don't be too free with information, and don't rule a stunned person out as mafia" are "mistakes", since they're my opinions. I don't make mistakes when it comes to what I post.

I can be WRONG, and often am, but being wrong is not the same as making a mistake which implies I've said things I didn't mean to. Which did not happen.

i make action and vote mistakes i do that a lot

Last edited by Cure on Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:25 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : im still not upset though btw if it seems like i am. i hyperbolize a lot)

100Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 7 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:25 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

IIIIIIiiiiii was out all day and am super behind. gonna speed read and try to get a vote in asap. sorry guys!

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

101Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 7 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:26 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

@ Cure: I know, I am just commenting that from the perspective of others, it's the kind of defense that's hard to place stock in. I do see the merits of what you're saying. I also see the merits of the opinions levied against you. Again: There's not a whole lot you can defend yourself with on D1, especially for this kind of game.

Anyway, after I vote, four votes remain. They can swing it either which way, be it Cure, Start9, or...

Vote: Mr. Alice

I think Cure's pretty likely to get voted off at this point. I'm also tempted to vote for her just to see what she flips as to end this mystery. Throwing my vote on a third party is no longer an option, as I considered (Sammiya, Rasei, drandahl, or Ninfia, for those curious; reasoning should be evident from my last post).

I'm providing a second option to see if it affects things and because I'm not sure how to read Cure. At the start of the phase I did get a town read, which wavered to mafia, and then to town, and back and forth. So at this point I'm just throwing a vote on Mr. Alice because 1) I don't want to lose a big contributor, 2) Not 100% certain on Cure, and 3) I want to provide a second option.

102Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 7 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:27 pm

Cure

Cure

Yeah, but I've been mafia in like every single game I've played on this board, and the only time people have ever found me weirdly scummy because I'm aggressive is when I've been town. So !!!!!!

(also half these people have played like 20+ games with me, and should know what to expect at this point).

Last edited by Cure on Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

nautilus

nautilus

Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 7 OaEEWhx
( hold on guys wait up for me > Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 7 OaEEWhx

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ  PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

**I'll be going now.

104Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 7 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:27 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

high seraph wrote:
Cure sounds like she has already given up and is frustrated, but, um, I don't really get moved by that kind of reaction ever since B&B mafia, when T3t seemed really upset on his posts and was using that as a sort of persuasion strategy to keep votes off him, and he turned out to be mafia anyway.

To be fair, when I was seeming really upset and turned out to maf anyway it wasn't a persuasion strategy as much as it was I was genuinely frustrated and still trying to play. I mean I argued my point but it was a really frustrating game where nothing at all ever went to plan. Cure got very frustrated and upset with SMT Maf too. It happens.

Cure could very well be Town, we have to lynch someone and she's ending up as the one on the chopping block. There's not much more information coming up to turn that around either. Regardless of what alignment she is, it's a somewhat indefensible position and I'd be grumpy too.

Mood isn't really a good indicator of alignment unless someone absolutely breaks down into a flurry of defenses that contradict themselves. I'm not going to pretend Cure is getting my vote because she's slipping or playing incorrectly, she isn't. It just ended up that way based on loose suspicion and we have to go on something.

What I'm saying is that the way certain parties handled, or didn't handle, their votes this phase is making me suspicious. I think we're going to have a lot to talk about next phase.

105Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] - Page 7 Empty Re: Twitch Plays Mafia [HELIX WIN] Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:29 pm

Cure

Cure

TO BE PERFECTLY HONEST. I CARE LESS ABOUT THE FACT THAT I AM GOING TO DIE THAN I DO ABOUT THE IMPLICATION THAT I HAVE BEEN PLAYING SLOPPILY. rude tbqh

I'm a little frustrated, but not very. I'm annoyed because the reasoning boils down to "well let's vote someone", and there's plenty of better people to "well let's vote someone" off than me. :\

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 30]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum