Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6

+22
lulu
deo
angel★
Pan
Mr. Gerbear
Tiki The Troll
Kiyoko
Entelechy
nautilus
Rasei
T3tsuya
alcasync
Aeiou
Mr. Alice
Sammiya
ezzelin
plotstickers
high seraph
drandahl
Ninfia
Luxaria
Cure
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 38 ... 58  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 58]

256Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:37 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

lulu wrote:@ninfia:
starts crying

Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 18 16db8d0950e842e20c5dd5dfe6c4ce68
Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 18 163fa39511a85cb1e9ca04a69191d556

u hear about the new anime

also re: spec: I wouldn't really feel comfy voting eleni at this point, but I do feel your reasoning, especially with Cheerio bringing up old gauken feels.

I don't have anything goin' on tomorrow so I'll probably vote after my class and I sleep on the events.

why did this useless post pagetop

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

257Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:42 pm

drandahl

drandahl

I actually impulse-bought Cheerios before coming home, read this, and now feel particularly happy with my purchase.

Some immediate thoughts:

Yeah, I'm more inclined to believe the garbled text is cyphered (likely), isn't meant to be intelligible (likely) or is some fantasy language (unlikely, but possible). I'll spend some time mulling over this later.

I'm a little worried that hints combined with RP/post requirements will be enough to give our roles away to mafia, at least somewhat. I kind of wonder if the 0 to 5 bogus hints will be for books not in play, or will be for books in the game but might have not acted. Re-reading hootsr's post...

If protection was involved, I kind of think either there was some bussing involved, eleni has some natural protection, or some third explanation that I don't want to reveal right now. Mainly, Eleni seems both an unlikely N0 NK target and an unlikely protection target, unless I'm unfamiliar with some reputation she has.

Will think about this more. Still digesting the other actions.

258Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:51 pm

angel★

angel★

hmmmm i.... don't know if i see mafia bussing eleni. i feel like eleni/someone else would've noticed that eleni would be a weird target, and targeting her would just bring her more attention than clearing her.

in light of the fact that kills blocked by the sender being stunned/jailed, i'm more inclined to think that one of the people who got stunned/jailed sent in the NK, and something else caused eleni to get targeted, but she was protected (which i could definitely see happening)

259Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:52 pm

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

i was going to reply but an ad on the page redirected to a fake virus scan and the post I wanted to post disappeared into the aether :(

Can i just say that the crumpled post in rollover really freaks me out like it looks so real :((((((

260Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:55 pm

Cure

Cure

THIS NEEDED TO BE SHARED WITH THE REST OF THE CLASS 

Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 18 G3xRC

Edit wait why is it broken imgur plz

??????

261Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:18 pm

Ardonye

Ardonye

I LITERALLY JUST WOKE UP (don't judge me for waking up at 12:00 ok)

First thing's first. Intermission still hasn't changed.

NK on eleni
I think eleni was a strong NK choice, personally. It's not out there that mafia would choose eleni imo.
Now the question is was the failed kill due to:
a) A jail/stun
b) Doctor
c) Passive ability
I'm assuming eleni wasn't a vig target and I think that pretty much everyone thinks a town vig wouldn't have acted N0 anyway.

The Note
I think the content itself doesn't mean anything (unless it's a hint that the differently coloured words mean something), but this could just be someone's ability. They probably chose that post because there was just not much else to choose from on N0.

ALL THE STUNS
I find it hard to believe that every stun is town/active ability. Some of these are passive or mafia, though at N0 it's hard to determine which is which.

Flavour???/Grey Words
At the moment this information isn't really useful to us. I think it will be in later phases though, so it's something to keep an eye out for and keep track of.

LYNCH!
Honestly I have no clue right now. I'm usually in favour of lynching D1 for information, but I don't have anyone I feel super strongly about lynching. I will check thread again tonight.

also this post took forever because my guild asked me to help with a world dragon so sorry if it's repetitive because I'm tabbing in and out writing this

http://ardonye.tumblr.com

262Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:36 pm

Sammiya

Sammiya
Admin

Lulu I don't feel like that's right. That kind of gamble is impossible to try and pull, and I highly doubt anyone would try it in this group of players.

Roles in this game are bound to be pretty wide given meowrhosr and featherhosr. We should expect any kind of role, no matter how obscure it seems.

If eleni was the NK target then it does seem more likely that it might not be members from VDex, but we can't be absolutely certain.

Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 18 Hatsuharu-Sohma-hatsuharu-sohma-17641563-400-290

https://crywolf.rpg-board.net

263Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:58 pm

chinomi

chinomi

hmmmmm i feel like the bussing n0 tactic is a little stale these days tbh... but other than that i have no opinion on it. eleni seems as good a choice as any for a n0 NK imo, eleni is a pretty good player, afterall.

i'm not going to no lynch and i have to go to bed soon so guess who gets the random d1 vote outta me...............

vote: mr. alice

AH
YES
it's the person who came to my rescue last game. IT'S A NEW GAME AND I'M BACK IN TOWN.
as always with my d1 votes this is pretty much random aside from useless gut feelings. i'll be back during or after work tomorrow to see what updates happen o/

264Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:03 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 18 Ie6MZja

VOTES

LULU vs. eleni

CHINOMI vs. Mr. Alice
TOTALS

ELENI I

MR. ALICE I

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

265Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:04 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

at first i was like "where is that slacker hosr there have been two whole votes and no vote talies"

and then i thought about it and realized et wa m i am the slacker hosr

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

266Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:08 am

angel★

angel★

@mariya and chi re: eleni as a nk, while yes i agree that eleni's a strong player and therefore a strong nk choice, i just don't think that people would kill her n0 this game? at least in most games i've been mafia (including the last one), we wouldn't want to kill newbies/people who just came back from hiatus/people who had a lot going on irl. although maybe this is just me lol since people don't agree with it, so maybe mafia would target her??? idk still leaning on the side of no though.

also don't know if i'm just grasping for information at this point since we don't know much, but if my theory about eleni not being the NK and the NK disappearing along with someone who got jailed/stunned is true, then it's worth noting that chi is one of the people who would fall under possible people who could have sent in a NK..... and she's trying to push that eleni is a good choice for a NK??? hmm.

267Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:15 am

lulu

lulu

Cure wrote:Kills that fail due to the user being stunned/jailed will not show up in rollover
am i misreading this? the kill that failed on eleni was definitely due to her being protected or bulletproof, right? it's not possible that someone who was jailed or stunned sent in the NK?

268Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:17 am

drandahl

drandahl

Mm, I meant town bussed some other player and Eleni. For example, Town bussed X and Eleni, some player protected X, and X was NK target.

It's easy to explain the NK as "Eleni is a strong player (because yeah, she does seem to be, and I'll trust she has history with some players here)," but I feel like it's harder for the average town to anticipate her as a target in advance, and think she's the best option for protection.

Not that I'm ruling that out. I'm just exploring other explanations.

269Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:25 am

Rasei

Rasei

Info from Elizabeth:

Wiki on the Armenian Language which the weird language looks like. It might have something to do with the Noah's Arc comments, therefore the action was with their book being the bible.

270Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 18 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:36 am

drandahl

drandahl

There are a lot of repeated characters in that text. There's no word separation, so maybe that's to be expected in some cases, and I'm not familiar with Armenian, but I'll operate under the assumption that the text is not in some actual language. Mainly, the repeat of four identical characters feels unnatural (though maybe I'll spend a little time diving into Armenian to gauge how feasible that is)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 58]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 38 ... 58  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum