Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6

+22
lulu
deo
angel★
Pan
Mr. Gerbear
Tiki The Troll
Kiyoko
Entelechy
nautilus
Rasei
T3tsuya
alcasync
Aeiou
Mr. Alice
Sammiya
ezzelin
plotstickers
high seraph
drandahl
Ninfia
Luxaria
Cure
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 39 ... 58  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 58]

286Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:32 am

eleni

eleni

@Ninfia: to clarify, i meant gakuen maf 2 which nautilus hosted! there wasn't a conversion role in that game and lulu was part of the maf team from the get-go.

i think... Tiki, alca, Deo, T3t, and Gerry are the only ones who haven't talked at all this phase? iirc Lux did post near rollover but she just quoted Cure re: how rollover flavor can have both hints and red herrings.

287Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:33 am

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

ooHH yeah u rite. I concede that point for sure.

I had thought Alca and Gerry posted, but perhaps that was pre-rollover. it was late last night, let me go look super fast.

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

288Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:37 am

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

double posts because life is inherently meaningless.

Mr. Gerbear wrote:i was going to reply but an ad on the page redirected to a fake virus scan and the post I wanted to post disappeared into the aether :(

Can i just say that the crumpled post in rollover really freaks me out like it looks so real :((((((

Mr. Gerbear wrote:i'd like to think i'm good at identifying languages, but anyway it's apparent that that weird bit on rollover is either code or gibberish. It just looks like random characters from various scripts.

ՂՂԶՐՐՐՐ - Armenian
ᑞ ᒢᔟᕶᕶ ᗲ - Canadian Aboriginal Syllabics
৩৩৭ - Bengali
〰 - random wavy symbol found in the Chinese/Japanese/Korean unicode set
ԴԴԴձձլ - Armenian again

*shrug* Is someone the Unicode manual?

Alca, T3t, Deo, and Tiki have not posted. I suspect Tiki is probably at work, so I'm not worried about that yet but I hope we here from the others soon! owo

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

289Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:38 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

(Sort of read, sort of haven't, still processing certain things. Working on Katabasis Station mega-post first, considering that game could end in its current phase, so...)

(edit... is it "sort of" or "sort have"... this is bothering me now because neither looks right.)

290Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:40 am

Cure

Cure

Host post to say I need to change the front page. Penalty for not voting is only if you don't vote two Days in a row. Not just one.

291Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:43 am

eleni

eleni

oops my bad! ty Ninfia o/

also i made an edit re: my post about T3t being the original NK target to say that should be correct as long as there weren't any redirection shenanigans. which seems unlikely because i think T3t as the NK makes a lot of sense, but the possibility of redirection does exist so i want to put that out there just in case.

292Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:25 am

Ardonye

Ardonye

Okay I really don't like how spread the votes are. I assume if a tie occurs, the person lynched is RNGed? Let's not leave it up to chance.

Since we have unlimited vote changes...
vote: no lynch

I'm perfectly willing to have a lynch, but I'm also NOT willing to let RNG lynch for us.

So let's look at our current candidates with votes on them.

Lulu
- Has been pretty quick to FoS eleni.
lulu wrote:vote: eleni
... i feel like this is becoming a trend for me....?? im sorry....... i feel a NK on a mafia bulletproof to clear a teammate is more likely than the towndoc managing to hit the same target as the NK n0 in a game this large, especially after seeing the reasoning people have expressed so far regarding eleni being a strange n0 NK target for mafia.

i don't feel too strongly about it but i do prefer it to my alternative votes which are random vote / NL at present. i'm not inclined to vote for anyone who was stunned/jailed last night but other than that i'm open to swapping if anyone has night phase info.

i keep trying to sit down & spec but every time i see ninfia's posts i get struck by how hot lavi is i'm having trouble concentrating
- "NK on mafia bulletproof more likely than towndoc protecting NK target" theory discounts the fact that eleni might be a town bulletproof and many other factors we might not even be aware of due to the closed roles nature of the game.
- Reasoning is usually flimsy on D1 votes though :|a

Mr. Alice
- I find it interesting that they were the first to raise doubt about eleni's alignment here.
Mr. Alice wrote:eLENI YOU'RE ALIVE Q//A//Q i am so happy (unless you are actually maf but i...dk?)

Luxaria
- Apparently will make a post here after posting in other game. Judgement withheld until I see it.

eleni
- Strong town read from me atm. Gave us info we wouldn't have known otherwise. (Of course, if they were mafia, they would know the original NK target, so not fully cleared.)
- I do not think it's a good idea to lynch eleni D1 at all.

So, if T3t was the original NK target...
a) passive redirection ability is in play
b) active redirection ability is in play
c) ???
d) profit! (nah I just... don't know if there might be something else out there given the closed roles and all)

I can say with absolute certainty that all actions were not scrambled or anything, so that's not what happened N0 (not discounting the presence of such an ability though).

I AM GOING TO BED NOW. I may or may not wake up before rollover, so my vote may not be changed so don't count on it because I'm a lazy mofo

Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 20 Sleepydog

http://ardonye.tumblr.com

293Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:10 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

So we have some interesting information. If it's a little all over the place, bear with me. I'm still getting over being sick and I'm super tired at 1 in the afternoon.

Cure wrote:@thepinksnake-chan Jails are normal jails. Kills that fail due to the user being stunned/jailed will not show up in rollover (LOOKS STERNLY AT LUCAS). Kills that fail due to protections will show up in rollover.

Can you inform thread that meowhosr says that rollover flavor will contain information about every role that acts each phase but will contain anywhere between 0 and 5 decoys each time

There are four goddamn stuns / jails in rollover and I am not entirely certain they're all real. Yes there's one entry that is complete gibberish, I'm willing to bet that's a decoy. But it's a bit unlikely (Not impossible) that there's two jailers, two stunners, they all hit someone, but that's completely seperate from why the NK failed. The NK specificlaly failed either by eleni being protected or her own effect.

eleni is a good NK target because it's not really expected. She's not a player who shoots out gigantic posts but she's not unhelpful either. But because it's unexpected, I'm not sure why anyone would go out of their way to specifically protect eleni N0. That means it's likely eleni has something that protected her with her own role or some redirect shenanigans are going on with either the NK or the protect. This is significant because given the fact that a stunned NK will not show up in rollover, mafia is not pulling a fast one either. This leads us to believe a few things.

Eleni is undeniably town.
We likely have a redirect role.

This game doesn't really have a lot of ways for mafia to be sneaky and clear their own by going for a kill on them and then stunning. That's valuable information.

eleni wrote:considering that i believe at least half of the votes are on town, i'm going to state upfront that i know T3t was the original NK target.
REAAAAAALLY THEN.

So I'm assuming that means either eleni is the redirect role and she targeted me and herself last night, or I was very popular last night. Which is not that weird, I'm usually targeted at the very earliest chance possible. Which in this case, is good. We get some good info out of it. If we're to take what I said before at face value and continue to assume eleni cannot be maf due to the layout of the game and how she was targeted last night, we can trust what she says. Given that this game does not owe itself to stunclear strategies, we can assume from eleni's info and the fact that I was the original target that neither of us are maf.

And now we have two cleared towns following that logic. Which is fantastic given that nobody died last night. That being said, regarding me as a target.

It will aid virtually nobody at any point in time to kill/lynch me. You will be both wasting your time and at worst something terrible will happen to a member of your faction. Don't do it. It isn't worth it. Kill someone else.

The fact mafia tried to kill me and failed and has unwittingly allowed me to be confirmed-town enough to let this fact out with some level of believably is very troubling to them given that I am a loud mouth, will continue speccing, and there isn't a lot they can do about that fact without hurting themselves. If they want to test this, they'll be wasting more time. If they believe me, they have already wasted time and additionally have to contend with the fact it's difficult to shut me up.

SO NEXT ORDER OF BUSINESS

Someone targeted me last night and I am being held at gunpoint with the task of writing an original story. Whoever did this is an asshole. I don't want to write a novel. But the fact is it is specifically noted that "Whoever writes the best story will be judged at a later rollover" and that person will be given a buff. Until the process is complete, those writing are "Cleared of all distractions" and cannot be killed.

This means I was not the only one targeted. There are others out there that can back me up, and they're the other targets of this ability and the person who has this ability. I have left some things out of the overall effect and have been vague about some other aspects. One of the other relevant people can chime in if they want to and finish my statement, establishing the veracity of my claim.

Even though this ability is annoying, it's notably pro-town. There's no reason to give something that gives benefits like this to people in mafia. If push comes to shove, whoever has this ability can come and talk about it, I can confirm the entirety of the ability, and we'll have another person to look at as town.

294Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:55 pm

alcasync

alcasync

I'm a bit busy today and have only skimmed this thread but I haven't read a lot of the posts in detail. I can confirm that I did try to act last night and my genre appears in rollover, but since I was jailed my action didn't go through. If this was a smaller game with more of the regulars, I would think it was a town jail because I'm kind of a popular N0 kill target, but since this game has a lot of vdex people who probably don't know me that well I don't think anyone from vdex would try to protect or stun me N0.

Ummm...! I'm inclined to believe for now that eleni is town and that T3tsuya is also town.

Is it only rollover flavor that will have decoys or is it also the actions? I was under the impression that it was only the flavor that would have decoys but all of the actions would be legitimate. Can a host please confirm? ;v;

Also, sorry for splitting the votes further but I don't like no lynches and I'm not really that suspicious of any of the current people with votes on them. Lulu's vote is kind of odd but she does this every game? And I feel like if she were mafia she would be more cautious about acting this way since a lot of us remember Gakuen S2 where she acted basically the same way only as mafia. I don't want to vote eleni, and I don't really feel there's a strong reason behind the other votes, enough to tie them up with No Lynch. So... um I know this isn't that helpful and I don't have a strong reason behind this vote either, but. ;v;

vote: plotstickers

295Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:03 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Meowhosr confirming that decoys are only in the left-hand column of rollover (the one with the flavor text) and anything in the right-hand column is the direct result of roles that exist in the game.

Any investigative roles that can cross-reference their results with flavor text hints have been balanced under the assumption that they will actually do so.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

296Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:43 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Heads up, I'm off in less than an hour, and I'll post when home. Today at work has been stupid.

Edit: meant this for sci-fi maf, but know what, it applies here, too. XD

297Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:43 pm

Cure

Cure

this hosr is on a plane again. the feathery hooting hosr will actually be around to post rollover today. probably.

Last edited by Cure on Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

298Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:45 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 20 Ie6MZja

VOTES

LULU vs. eleni

CHINOMI vs. Mr. Alice

NINFIA vs. ezzelin T3tsuya

FIVE vs. Luxaria

ELENI vs. Lulu

RASEI vs. No Lynch

ARDONYE vs. No Lynch

ALCASYNC vs. plotstickers

MR. GERBEAR vs. No Lynch

EZZELIN vs. deo
TOTALS

NO LYNCH III

ELENI I

MR. ALICE I

LUXARIA I

LULU I

PLOTSTICKERS I

DEO I

Last edited by Kiyoko on Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

299Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:49 pm

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

Vote: No Lynch too.

300Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:52 pm

ezzelin

ezzelin

1.2 Fried Vote

Total Time:
50 min
Prep:
20 min
Cook:
30 min

Yield:
1 serving

Ingredients

8 dried NKs
3 tablespoons clarification oil
2 large Elenis, lightly beaten with a pinch of salt
4 T3tsuyas, thinly sliced
1/4 cup minced Lulu
1 large clove paranoia, minced
1 pinch old news flakes
1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh Town
2 tablespoons quiet sauce
1 teaspoon toasted Tiki oil
3 cups cooked long-grain Deo
1 cup cooked Gerry cut in 1/2-inch cubes
1/2 cup frozen vote, defrosted in a strainer at room temperature

Directions:

Put the dried NKs in a bowl and season them with clarification. Add Elenis and T3tsuyas, and add the minced peeled fresh Town. Other spices do not seem to fit well.

Mix Lulu and paranoia, adding a pinch of old news flakes and stir-fry the mixture over medium heat. That's practically a standard procedure to prepare Lulu, whether seasoned with fresh Town or not.

While stirring, add quiet sauce, Tiki, and Gerry; strain and quickly wash vote, mix it with Deo and add to the mixture as well. Inactivity can also be added as a spice, if you enjoy such a flavour. Stir while cooking on low heat for about 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 58]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 39 ... 58  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum