Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6

+22
lulu
deo
angel★
Pan
Mr. Gerbear
Tiki The Troll
Kiyoko
Entelechy
nautilus
Rasei
T3tsuya
alcasync
Aeiou
Mr. Alice
Sammiya
ezzelin
plotstickers
high seraph
drandahl
Ninfia
Luxaria
Cure
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 40 ... 58  Next

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 58]

316Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 22 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:48 pm

lulu

lulu

OK IM HERE gomen i wanted to post this morning but my connection was down at home

sorry i only rly skimmed the last few pages but i'm willing to believe eleni's town & i'm indifferent on t3t's alignment. other than that, the only reads & night information i have on people rn are all town-leaning so i don't have much to contribute unless one of them goes onto the lynchblock.

unvote, vote: mr alice
the current alternatives are luxaria, plot & deo, i don't want to vote for the latter two b/c i haven't seen them post yet (i think? omg i can't find plot's profile where'd you go...) and i know lux is busy w the other game so

i'll be at work until rollover so i can't talk much, but i'll be on in case i need to change my vote

317Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 22 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:51 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Mr. Alice wrote:Edit: i fucking forgot to write this because i was thinking about cats

Kiyo, we got another Blairism.

318Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 22 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:57 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

whale fuck now i'm really conflicted

i would feel more threatened if the highest votes were on no lynch, but on the other, less intact hand, the highest votes are on no lynch

like i want no lynchers to vote for /someone/ or even do a no goat no vote, but i also don't want the first death to be me again and deprive you all of the wonderful experience that is the blairemobile on second thought that's a horrible idea, everybody get off, geT OFF I AM ONLY A HUNDREND HUBUDUH POUNDS I CAN'T CARRY ALL OF YOU I ONLY HAVE 5 LEGS, GODDAMN

319Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 22 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:08 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Nestor and Schutt describe the aim of qualitative research as a situational tool in their book, utilizing four out of the five questions commonly asked of one in an English essay to understand the context of a particular event or an action. They propose the utilization of naturalistic observation as a way to peel back the layers of a situation to determine the root cause1. Such observation is utilized as follows.
            Wesley is quickly established as having poor confidence. He is seen stacking cards on top of each other to create a structure vaguely resembling a card tower, but abandons this effort quickly and retreats to another room. When questioned about why he had given up, he repeats that there was ultimately no point in completion of the tower and that it would fall eventually. His eyes dart around, not really seeing, not really looking at much of anything. Needless to say, his preoccupation with the card tower may well be written off by others as needless, but it is a fascinating insight. Perhaps this is a hint to his future behaviour.
           The others are not as withdrawn as Wesley. Kayla enjoys using long words and difficult language, often propping up a copy of the dictionary for others to read. She recites, with absolute clarity, extensive passages from various books, though her confusion and her pronunciation indicate that perhaps this is just an act. In one scene, Kayla recites a passage from a novel, incorporating elements of the alphabet into her speech.
           “A, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i…” Kayla chortles softly. She turns to look at the observer. “I is my favourite letter, because it is perfectly symmetrical and exact!” Her tongue trips over the word symmetrical, and the observer probes her as to whether or not she really knows the meaning of those words, or whether or not her random outburst even has any meaning. At that point in time, her face darkens like an impeding storm. She refuses to admit her failings, but why? Is she so cloyingly attached to a veneer of overconfidence that she values so much?
         Taylor looks into the mirror, apparently enamoured by her own reflection. She combs her hair in a ritual manner, flicking her wrist up every so often and pulling her hair down to ensure all knots are gone. As she does so, she hums a song to herself about a lover, though the lover’s name changes with each successive verse. It is unclear whether or not she is consciously swapping out each name with a new one, or whether or not the lyrics of the song, as of yet not known, use different names for each verse. There appears to be hints that she is not entirely certain of what she is singing and hearing with her own ears; she gazes into the reflection of her mirror, a crease forming upon her forehead. It is as if she is implying that her own voice is contradictory and is unsure2.
         At this point, a fourth figure enters the room. The two children turn to meet him, to which he exclaims: “Hey, don’t you want to see the stars tonight”3? No one responds, presumably because they’re not around to do so.
         The establishment of a fourth sibling has never been verified objectively by an outside party.

________________________________________________________________________________
1 Paul G. Nestor & Russel K. Schutt. Research Methods in Psychology: Investigating Human Behaviour.  (SAGE Publications, 2004) p.29.
2The really shitty thing about being able to come into a thread near the end of the phase is that everyone has said what you planned to say. Anyways.

I am willing to believe eleni is town, because the… vast majority of permutations on how she could be mafia are pretty unlikely. If she were mafia and knew that the NK was either redirected from its original target onto her or that the true NK was stunned/jailed out of existence and the kill last night was actually from a vig or mafia did the self-targeting thing or whatever, imo unless eleni and Tet are maf together it doesn’t really benefit her much at all to say that she wasn’t the target of the NK; if she were mafia and knew any of those cases were true, then I figure she’d either roll with it and play up the fact that she were the target instead of going "this dude is the target instead"

While I know lulu brings up the point of mafia self-targeting one of their own I’m… less inclined to think that mafia would self-target one of their own N0 and I think this is me just repeating the exact same reasoning I had in that game lol. I know this was explicitly done in Gakuen Mafia S1, but the crux of the matter is that Kiyoko was basically immune to all actions iirc, and therefore the mafia wasn’t really “wasting” a bulletproof because Kiyoko wasn’t even playing the game. Most variants of the bulletproof role are not excessively immortal in nature though, and I find it hard to believe that mafia would go through the motions of “clearing” a player through the NK since imo it’s better for mafia to maintain their bulletproof (if they hypothetically have one)  in the case things go horribly awry (for example: detective investigates the NK target because why not, etc.,)

Re: lulu - Given that in S1 she did the same with Kiyoko before she got converted (though I agree that she did repeatedly tunnel Kiyoko in S2, presumably to damage her credibility + it happened to do enough that several people were unsure on Kiyoko’s information/reads for a while) I’m not sure what to take her vote on eleni as, honestly.

also i did ask meowhosr and apparently according to the meowhosr any passive abilities that activate will not show up in flavour text??? so there's that

re: gibberish - imo if the theory that it's an action that obscures things is true then i really doubt it'd be a town role because it significantly hampers information presented to the thread (like alca blocking out alignment flips in S2). lucas does bring up a good point though that if it does obscure xyz from rollover then whomever's action was obscured would know that it was obscured though (though i'm not sure (assuming this is the case and the gibberish does obscure roles), the person who was obscured would come forth if they have a power role that shows up in rollover that would be better to keep secret; mostly thinking about how hesitant i was to claim in S1 and then things happened and my role became auto-useless because everyone knew it showed in rollover and what it did).

On an unrelated note: Tet’s claimed story thing sounds like a neutral power tbh. It feels weird enough in its … the way it works to be neutral (but maybe that’s because the neutral in S2 was a buff-granting neutral and I’m just thinking of that).

3I actually don't know who to vote yet lmao; I do want an actual lynch to happen since imo we're in a pretty nice position with no NK N0 and I don't want to further split the votes but I literally have not eaten yet today lmao. Of the current candidates I guess I'd be willing to vote deo the most out of the sheer fact that he hasn't posted yet, but I also kind of feel awkward piling on ezz's probing vote (though I guess I am warming up to the idea of a HIGHLY EFFICIENT MAFIA LYNCHING MACHINETM v-very slowly + no lynch's lead makes this largely irrelevant), so I will first eat and then come back

320Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 22 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:24 pm

Pan

Pan

Eehhhhh I'm pretty out of it right now but T3t's statement about killing them not helping either side sounds like a neutral soft claim to me, so there's a chance we might know the identity of one neutral (t3t) and the power of another (whoever's out there making people write)

Slightly disappointed that I don't get to join in on the writing, I've got some really juicy stories bouncing around in my otherwise completely empty brain

I've been out of the mafia game for so long now that I don't even know how to read anyone properly any more so bear with me while I get back into the swing of things...

I'm gonna go ahead and vote: no lynch because I'm not the same me that I was back when I wanted a death a day orz

(A Note: this does not apply if/when I host a game, one day I will surpass a 13-death rollover... One day...)

Also I feel so out of the loop where did hosr and cheerio come from anyway orz

http://malafight.tumblr.com

321Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 22 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:25 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

what the fuck i actually think i read that psych book a few years ago jesus christ wesley is not ok, i repeat, wesley is not ok (spoilers though my memory is faulty b/c are those the real words)

322Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 22 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:34 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

lulu wrote:sorry i only rly skimmed the last few pages but i'm willing to believe eleni's town & i'm indifferent on t3t's alignment. other than that, the only reads & night information i have on people rn are all town-leaning so i don't have much to contribute unless one of them goes onto the lynchblock.

unvote, vote: mr alice
the current alternatives are luxaria, plot & deo, i don't want to vote for the latter two b/c i haven't seen them post yet (i think? omg i can't find plot's profile where'd you go...) and i know lux is busy w the other game so

i'll be at work until rollover so i can't talk much, but i'll be on in case i need to change my vote

I'm going to nip this one in the bud because I feel very strongly about needing this on the table early.

If you are indifferent on my alignment or are generally thinking I am not town while also believing eleni is being truthful with what she is saying, please provide a scenario in which this is both possible and likely.

Town gains literally everything from having two people they can look towards as town and I have already put forward a good half of my role. This is provable to anyone who wants to look. By investigation. I am warning again INVESTIGATION. If anyone has any other questions that need clearing up, ask me, but there's almost no room to doubt when we have the chance to be in this powerful a position.

As for votes. I don't have enough information to make a very informed decision. I'm not going to vote unless that changes. And given our position right now and the lack of a kill last night, we're in a good spot to do that.

Though, if I were the immediate kill target in a game where Raie/Kiyo aren't present as players. I think I have a pretty good short list of who would want that to happen. (BE AFRAID. I KNOW WHO YOU ARE.)

Might be off until rollover.

NINJA'D
Pantsu wrote:Eehhhhh I'm pretty out of it right now but T3t's statement about killing them not helping either side sounds like a neutral soft claim to me, so there's a chance we might know the identity of one neutral (t3t) and the power of another (whoever's out there making people write)

I did not say killing me would not help either side.

I said killing me would actively blow the fuck up in the faces of whichever faction chooses to do it.

I am 100% absolutely hardclaiming Town. I am not neutral. It is to everyone in town's advantage to believe this based on what I said, and what eleni has claimed as someone who is the single most confirmed town possible right now.

323Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 22 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:40 pm

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

I think ezzelin's absolutely right about the concealed action. If I'm reading the recipe correctly, that is. Either the person targets someone and makes it so that that someone's action gets garbled OR the any actions that target the garbler get garbled.

garble garble garble i like that word

Ok but anyway. I'm also highly inclined to believe eleni is town but tbqh I won't put it past the mafia to try to make it appear like they've killed their own.

I really... don't know what else to say........

@T3t r u a bomb

324Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 22 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:40 pm

lulu

lulu

OK FINE I BELIEVE T3T IS TOWN

325Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 22 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:45 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

I'll Vote: Deo because he has yet to say anything yet this phase, but I don't actually have anything to add to the discussion rn. I'm working on my writing portfolio, but I'll defs check in before rollover ;w;

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

326Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 22 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:45 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

Mr. Gerbear wrote:
@T3t r u a bomb

A bomb is kinder.

I have clearly received special attention from Raie.

lulu wrote:OK FINE I BELIEVE T3T IS TOWN

You bet your ass you do.

327Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 22 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:46 pm

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

T3tsuya wrote:
Mr. Gerbear wrote:
@T3t r u a bomb

A bomb is kinder.

You bet your ass you do.

I'm scared

328Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 22 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:51 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

Mr. Gerbear wrote:
T3tsuya wrote:
Mr. Gerbear wrote:
@T3t r u a bomb

A bomb is kinder.

You bet your ass you do.

I'm scared

You shouldn't be unless you're mafia.

You're not mafia.

ARE YOU

329Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 22 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:58 pm

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

No of course not. But this show of force. So sexy.

Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 22 3h1eGlN

330Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 22 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:01 pm

lulu

lulu

can t3t-senpai step on me too... i've been looking for someone to step on me...

front page wrote:ROLE PRIORITY hidden.
WAIT WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN DID I MISS SOMETHING

hosrs: iirc when the game started passives were listed as higher priority than stunjails (i.e. passives still function even when a player is stunned) is it possible to clarify if that's still the case?

edit: alSO i've been asking general mechanics questions in thread b/c i figure it's good information for everyone to know but let me know if it's easier for me to pm them in!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 58]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 40 ... 58  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum