Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16

+20
eleni
ezzelin
alcasync
Aeiou
high seraph
Tiki The Troll
Kiyoko
Ardonye
T3tsuya
Sammiya
deo
plotstickers
Mr. Gerbear
angel★
drandahl
chinomi
lulu
Rasei
Pan
Cure
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 36 ... 60  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 60]

166Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:16 pm

high seraph

high seraph

jesus christ thank you

Updated hints below. I also went ahead and added an extra bit of info: the role hint is "death".

PROLOGUE HINTS:

The remaining words are: dark, end, them, woodland, guess, Cain, breath and liar, only six of which are actually related to real roles that exist.

167Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:17 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

Cure wrote:
high seraph wrote:
also t3t warned everyone that his post was incoming and it never came. rude tbh

he's a known liar that preys on awkward cinnamon rolls. be very careful of falling into his trap, lucas

Raie is also a very experienced liar who eats live mice and vomits out their bones. She turns her head nearly 360 degrees around because her eyeballs are tubes.

I on the other hand, enjoy sandwiches.

Who will you believe?

Ok hello everyone here is my post please enjoy yourselves.

First off, I am being told to pay attention to a dog and pet them.

Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 12 Anigif_enhanced-4187-1392329825-13

Lets start with a list of remaining players.

• TIKI THE TROLL - Confirmed Town 'The Emperor Protects' Role
  • ELENI - Claimed: Redirect Lightning Rod of Hate. Town. (Blindsprings)
  • T3TSUYA - Claimed: Town OP Don't Touch Me Role

• LULU - Claimed: Town Jailer (In the Velociraptor's Nest)
  • DEO - Claimed: Timeline Splitter (Legend of Zelda)
  • RASEI - Claimed: Town Stunner
  • ARDONYE - Message Sender
  • HIGH SERAPH - Mortician Role

• PAN - Neutral (Go the fuck to sleep.)

• LUXARIA - Grumpy
  • SAMMIYA - (Fruit's Basket)
  • FIVE - Claimed: NOT JAIL (The Complete World Knowledge Series)
  • ALCASYNC - Harassed constantly by mafia jail.
  • DRANDAHL
  • PLOTSTICKERS
  • EZZELIN
  • ENTELECHY
  • CHINOMI
  • MR. GERBEAR

Here is Lucas' list of people who could be mafia jailer through process of elimination.

Luxaria, drandahl, plotstickers, ezzelin, T3tsuya, Entelechy and Ardonye.

I probably missed a few claims here or there. Despite the fact the TET POST IS HERE. NOW. IT'S HAPPENING. LUCAS. I'm still not digging through the alternate dimension threads, I think most of what is relevant is in there.

I firmly believe one or two people who have claimed some things about their role so far aren't being entirely truthful. Things are a bit too confusing for everyone's transparency to be trusted completely.

That being said I'm having some major problems with how some of the people who have been under the spotlight have been acting, not claiming or even touching on why that would be bad in their specific circumstance, and the language they've been using.

Here's my top of the list right now.

Plotstickers: Has said nearly nothing. Is among those who haven't said anything useful or helpful for town. Their role is unknown. And is on Lucas' list of who could be mafia jailer. I feel that's a really solid combination to throw against the wall to see if it sticks.

Dran: Also fits all of those criteria except he's been talkative and has been speccing as hard as he can. I'm less inclined to believe he is maf than plot.

GERRY: Seemed to jump right on Dran for no reason other than ~feelings~ after Dran had been trying to spec for us. Even if Dran ends up being maf, there's better targets. Gerry has been using odd language all game. We dont know a -ton- about them. And there's always the mysterious G.B. initials from a couple phases back that has yet to be identified.

Rasei: I don't trust Rasei this game. I don't need a reason. But even if I did, I feel like participating in the ridiculous lynch of Blaire as easily as they did with Chinomi is enough for me to stare holes into her. That lynch was after she claimed a redirect role, and the redirect role was causing issues for maf. I feel like there are one or more maf within Rasei / Chinomi / Highseraph due to the Blaire lynch and I don't think high seraph is maf like I've said before. Fite me. I'll win.

Five: Five. Weird wording, weird votes, weird vibes.

Duck: Barely here with some valid RL stuff going on apparently. Seems to have been trying to catch up literally every post. Given I have too, not sure what to make of that.

I know for a fact I'm probably missing one or more people in there that are power players for maf. I really believe maf is being directed by someone experienced due to the amount of confusion and probably misinformation in the thread right now. I was targeted for a kill N0. I was targeted for SEVERAL things N0.

There's a short list of people who like targeting me immediately. If I'm getting really particular, Lux is probably up there with my guesses of who that might be but she's also GRUMPY this game. If she were in control of mafia, I don't think she'd be so grumpy even if she was handed a vanilla role. I'm not sure if that means I think she's town, but I at least have doubts. I feel like Dran / Rasei would be more educated guesses but I also don't think they'd be LEADING mafia this game.

Which makes me even more weird about Five because I have no idea who Five actually is, but I'm pretty positive I've seen them before.

I'm going to take the safe bet right now and Vote: Plotstickers. I still think we're safe enough to try it out, and I feel like it's the most informed option right now.

eleni wrote:lmao Tiki. welp i still have no idea what your book is, but i'm sure someone more well-read than me would be able to identify it o/

I would bet actual money that Tiki is one of the Warhammer 40k Novels and his role is essentially him being the God Emperor of Mankind.

high seraph wrote:jesus christ thank you

Updated hints below. I also went ahead and added an extra bit of info: the role hint is "death".

PROLOGUE HINTS:

The remaining words are: dark, end, them, woodland, guess, Cain, breath and liar, only six of which are actually related to real roles that exist.

My role is not among those six. But is among the other words you didn't fill out yet.

168Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:19 pm

Entelechy

Entelechy

Embarrassingly far off spec about that previously unidentified yellow square.

I agree that the list of possible mafia jailers seems to be Luxaria, drandahl, plotstickers, T3tsuya, Entelechy (myself) and Ardonye.

I am not the mafia, and I am not a jailer. I have a not yet used my role.

I am disinclined to vote for drandahl because he has a spectacular ability to look scummy and incriminate himself when he is town. See Ninfia's Practice match and my Katabasis Station (in mine, he nearly cost the Town the game :P). So while he might very well be mafia, I kinda have to take him as unreadable, and would only vote for him if there were really no better candidates.

T3t, well, he isn't acting like he did when he was maf in Ninfia's game, so he is not at the top of my list of suspects. Although I seem to recall he did argue really hard D1 that the N0 actions exonerated him and proved he was town. I guess that reasoning didn't hold (since he is back on the suspicion list), and I need to track down exactly why that is :P (or someone nice could explain it to me?). I guess it comes down to "I don't know" and "I need to research more."

Lux seems to be acting like she was when she was town in Katabasis, and is just really frustrated. But she is so anti-mafia that I am inclined to give her the benifit of the doubt, which I guess is a bad idea, technically :P Either way, I would not make her a priority.

I don't want to name yet the people who are rubbing me the wrong way, because I can't justify it at all at this point.

More will come before rollover. I need to help a friend set up IKEA furniture soon, but I should have time before rollover to give more spec.

169Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:21 pm

high seraph

high seraph

t3t im a little disappointed

170Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:22 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

high seraph wrote:t3t im a little disappointed

I could do something really stupid to shake things up if you want but sorry we're still in the slowroll portion of the game.

QUACK wrote:T3t, well, he isn't acting like he did when he was maf in Ninfia's game, so he is not at the top of my list of suspects. Although I seem to recall he did argue really hard D1 that the N0 actions exonerated him and proved he was town. I guess that reasoning didn't hold (since he is back on the suspicion list)

Explain.

HONK wrote:I need to help a friend set up IKEA furniture soon, but I should have time before rollover to give more spec.

See you tomorrow, then.

171Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:26 pm

high seraph

high seraph

i just expected a little more stepping ok. this is not the t3t spec that i ordered.

172Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:35 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 12 VjtLWIj

Original post:

173Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:38 pm

lulu

lulu

STEP ON ME

174Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:40 pm

Entelechy

Entelechy

T3tsuya wrote:
Explain.

I meant that I don't see your name on any "Confirmed as Town" lists that people have been posting. Going from pure memory, I thought you had claimed that the known actions from N0 proved you were town, but it appears I was wrong, because I can't find any post you have made to that effect. I will have to go back and see if I am confusing you with someone else (AGAIN! at least it wouldn't be Cure this time!).

175Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:43 pm

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

Those mysterious GB initials aren't me. Or they're at least not my doing.

176Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:44 pm

lulu

lulu

catching up w thread & replying to posts as i go so sorry if i say anything that's already been said..

high seraph wrote:Essentially, what you're suggesting is that there is a Role Thief (something we always suspected) that targeted you on both timelines, which isn't possible
the way i've seen role thieves work in other games is the stealing action is an instant, and then they can use the ability that night - my assumption was that for the purposes of the timesplit, the instant portion wasn't affected by the split, but they then had to choose two different targets for the actual jail.

edit: for the record, i believe the fact that the role thief leaves pm confirmation is new information? therefore i'm inclined to believe that i am the first townsperson that the role thief has struck?

high seraph wrote:@ lulu can you recap all your night actions so far? even the ones that didn't go through/were redirected/idk??? i mean, who did you meant to send your jails at? I mean if we know who you tried to target on N2, then we know that that person is the Butt Book, RIGHT???
um! if my jail was redirected on n2 then it means that the person who acted on me redirected to myself - i don't think who i targeted really influences that.

n0: i jailed sammiya (second jailer: alcasync)
n1: drandahl, i was jailed
n2: ardonye, i was jailed
n3: eleni, jail vanished?
n4: angelstar, jail was stolen

for the record, this means it's impossible for drandahl or ardonye to be the maf jailer, as our jails would have canceled out.

high seraph wrote:
LULU wrote:N0 - Sammie
N1 - ?
N2 - Butt Book? -> lulu
N3 - eleni [disappeared]
N4 - Angel [stolen]
MAFIA wrote:N0 - alca
N1 - lulu
N2 - eleni
N3 - Ø
N4 - alca
OTHER wrote:N3 - Tiki [on himself]
If this is the mafia jailer's action, then this proves that the jailer ISN'T every-other-night and also that ezzelin can't be the mafia jailer. But what happened to the N3 mafia jail then? jesus christ

thank u for your jail summary table btw it's very pretty. it is actually possible that the jailer is every other night if drandahl is a passive reflective or if he had a passive reflection used on him for that night (for the record, this would explain the maf jailer apparently not being in the n1 results aeiou saw, though it doesn't explain why the heck nautilus showed up in the results).

the alternative explanation for the maf jailer not being in aeiou's n1 results would be... hm... as you said, someone who can show up as another role upon investigation. i feel like this is unlikely, not because it's a underpowered role (i imagine the specifics of the role are more like, take on another person's alignment & role for the night), but because: (1) i doubt that it's part of the jailer's role so it must be another mafia member using the ability to cloak the jailer, and, (2) if this is the case and mafia had a disguiser, they would certainly 100% use it on the person who sent in the NK, not the jailer.

i think i need to stare at rollovers for a little longer..

alcasync wrote:Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 12 ArnrwtG
i'm top left! so i think my jail was in last night's rollover.

hungry hungry caterpillar is the post eater and is maf.

alcasync wrote:0x641264F145A4312
this is a single hexadecimal number (denoted by 0x) and converts into the decimal number 450683558799491858. dunno what that means but.

chinomi wrote:Do we think that Angel's death was most likely a town vig kill? I personally think it's a really odd kill for both a town target and a mafia target...
more likely to be a town target tbh! mafia's having trouble killing towns because we have a lot of town clears and apparently a lot of protective roles, i feel like a dayvig would've been used to take out one of the clears.

eleni wrote:lulu, can you elaborate on why you would vote high seraph and why you're suspicious of Tet? the former is pretty much confirmed mortician role which clears him as town in my eyes, so i'm curious to hear why you think he might still be maf.

this is entirely based on aeiou's n1 results. even putting aside the whole jailer fiasco -
- aeiou's results say nautilus acted on me N1 (EDIT: NOT N2).
- high seraph's results say that nautilus can't have acted on me on n1 (EDIT: NOT N2!!!) (or ever) and he has been vouching strongly that nautilus is town.
- since aeiou has flipped town, and high seraph's results directly contradict hers, that leads to the conclusion that high seraph is lying or someone else has tampered with aeiou's night results. up until recently i judged the former more likely, but i'm currently inclined to believe high seraph is town due to his contributions to thread.

t3t i just believed was scummy because in my last experience with town t3t he led the thread a lot harder than he's doing now but there's no way he's mafia while eleni's town. also he made a post while i was writing this post so.

t3tsuya wrote:TIKI THE TROLL - Confirmed Town
sheds a tear... im so glad you two've made up.....
anyway while you're here, do you still believe nautilus was mafia?

ALSO DUCKS DONT HONK

STOP POSTING I NEED TO GO EAT BREAKFAST

Last edited by lulu on Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : IM JUST CHANGING A SMALL MISTAKE B/C I KEEP GETTING MIXED UP BETWEEN N1 & N2)

177Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:47 pm

deo

deo

okay so that i'm sure i get a vote in today at least, gonna drop a vote: plotstickers before i possibly pass out for like 12 more hours wheeeeeeeee

178Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:47 pm

Entelechy

Entelechy

Here is something interesting i found. One of plotsticker's posts from before the game started got eaten:

plotstickers wrote:Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 12 MHlKo8A

EDIT: Forgot to link to post.

179Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:54 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

lulu wrote:STEP ON ME
lulu wrote:
t3t i just believed was scummy because in my last experience with town t3t he led the thread a lot harder than he's doing now but there's no way he's mafia while eleni's town. also he made a post while i was writing this post so.

t3tsuya wrote:TIKI THE TROLL - Confirmed Town
sheds a tear... im so glad you two've made up.....
anyway while you're here, do you still believe nautilus was mafia?

ALSO DUCKS DONT HONK

STOP POSTING I NEED TO GO EAT BREAKFAST

Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 12 VyAw05x

DON'T TALK TO ME, YOU SWINE.

I LED TOWN A LOT HARDER THAN ANYONE IS DOING NOW WHEN I WAS MAFIA. BE MORE USEFUL. STEP YOUR GAME UP. I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING FOR YOU ALL THE TIME.

ROLLOVER SPECIFICALLY SAID TIKI WAS TOWN. I AM FORCED TO ACCEPT THIS. CAN YOU NOT READ? ARE YOUR EYES JUST FOR SHOW? BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT MUCH TO LOOK AT, GUESS THEY'RE NOT MUCH FOR LOOKING EITHER.

DON'T TELL ME TO STOP POSTING, I'LL BURY YOU UNDER THE BOOTS I USE TO STOMP YOU TO DEATH. BREAKFAST? IT'S MID AFTERNOON. ARE YOU THAT MUCH OF A FAILURE THAT YOU WAKE UP THIS LATE EVERY DAY WITHOUT FAIL BECAUSE YOU WERE TOO BUSY CRYING LATE AT NIGHT OVER YOUR STUDENT LOANS YOU'LL NEVER PAY BACK?

This working out for you seraph or were you hoping for something different

FYI Ducks honk when you crush their windpipes

Lulu wrote:anyway while you're here, do you still believe nautilus was mafia?
I'm not sure if I ever completely subscribed to that before. In fact you yelled at me for believing she's town. I'm not certain. I think if it were just the reality splitting, yes I would believe it. But now ghost naut is talking to us. So I'm willing to believe she's town.

180Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:03 pm

drandahl

drandahl

Thanks, Ente. Did you find that just now?

Also, I'm kind of uncomfortable adding to such a heavy lead on Plot when he's not here to say anything.

Also, two "I'm not going to be around that much, but here's a vote" on the same person makes me feel really uncomfortable (especially when I'm that person).

vote: Mr. Gerbear

Also:

Luxaria wrote:
luxbot.exe has encountered an error.
luxbot.exe has crashed.
Are you I, Robot?

Heading back to work.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 60]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 36 ... 60  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum