Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16

+20
eleni
ezzelin
alcasync
Aeiou
high seraph
Tiki The Troll
Kiyoko
Ardonye
T3tsuya
Sammiya
deo
plotstickers
Mr. Gerbear
angel★
drandahl
chinomi
lulu
Rasei
Pan
Cure
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 33 ... 60  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 60]

76Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 6 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:57 pm

high seraph

high seraph

ohhhhh h h that's true, the second poem mentioned on N0 is probably pan /edits

oh wow ok since this pagetopped, I'll just repost stuff in this page

fig. 1 - combining correct, rollover and links wrote:
Prologue/ N0: https://crywolf.rpg-board.net/t186p165-literary-upick-prologue-chapter-6#14834
CH1 /N0 -> D1: https://crywolf.rpg-board.net/t186p210-literary-upick-prologue-chapter-6#14930
CH2 /D1 -> N1 https://crywolf.rpg-board.net/t186p330-literary-upick-prologue-chapter-6#15147
CH3 /N1 -> D2 https://crywolf.rpg-board.net/t186p390-literary-upick-prologue-chapter-6#15215
CH4 /D2 -> N2: https://crywolf.rpg-board.net/t186p660-literary-upick-prologue-chapter-6#15478
CH5 /N2 -> D3: https://crywolf.rpg-board.net/t186p705-literary-upick-prologue-chapter-6#15623
CH6 /D3 -> N3: https://crywolf.rpg-board.net/t186p765-literary-upick-prologue-chapter-6#15861
CH7 /N3 -> D4: https://crywolf.rpg-board.net/t193-literary-upick-chapter-8#15947
CH8 /D4 -> N4: https://crywolf.rpg-board.net/t193-literary-upick-chapter-8#15948

hint history:

stunning history:

Last edited by high seraph on Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

77Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 6 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:05 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

I've unlocked the original thread so people can quote posts. If anyone posts in that thread, even as a joke, I'm going to make life very difficult for them.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

78Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 6 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:10 pm

lulu

lulu

five wrote:Are you lying, lulu, or are you just forgetful? Aeiou asked you if you were sure the person who jailed you was mafia. You said you were, so Aeiou told you which books acted on you. Aeiou never told you the mafia jailer acted on you.
sorry, that was a mistake in my phrasing. what i meant: evidently the maf jailer acted on me n1, and according to aeiou it was either five or nautilus.

- do you still find rasei suspicious? she's posted a defence and it's true that she is an uncountered stunner (though our second stunner has been outed as neutral).

- please address why you are no longer FOSing high seraph despite having FOSed him during the last day phase. is it because he's been sharing information? if you are town, after aeiou flipped town high seraph should have been at the top of your suspicions list because it means he must have been lying about nautilus's role.

- you've talked about what you think happened n2 but please share theories on what you think might have happened on n1 as that's the night phase directly relevant to you. as a recap: i acted on drandahl, i was jailed, and my own jail went missing. aeiou saw you and nautilus acting on me despite the fact that high seraph has vouched that nautilus is town and could not have acted.

@high seraph if you have any thoughts on the above then you might be interested in sharing them also? i think you believe that all of you, five & nautilus are town. if that's the case there needs to be an explanation for who the n1 jailer was, why they're missing from aeiou's results, and why nautilus showed up as acting on me.

five wrote:Mafia certainly did not attempt to both jail you using your own claimed power and NK you.
we have a town watcher who had hard claimed the day before - if a maf bus driver exists somewhere in the game, they would have absolutely, 1000% bussed their NK target with someone innocuous to shake the watcher.

mr. gerbear wrote:Idk, just options besides passive redirects which don't make that much sense because you didn't act on anyone else and nobody else acted on you? And passives trigger when something active happens right?
I ACTED ON ARDONYE
anyway you said last day phase that you didn't have time to spec, but is it possible for you to post your spec list now?

i do find people defending the butt book kind of weird because... like...... why? we don't know who the butt book is yet or what their role is. if a townsperson comes along and claims the book in the future, they can do so while explaining their actions, but i think it's currently more important to be proposing future lynch candidates for questioning than prematurely defending people on the basis that maybe X happened.

regarding the timeline split:
lulu wrote:also a question: speculation including final wills is allowed right up to 8PM PST, is that correct? but actions cannot be changed or sent in after noon? is it possible to say if it is true for all players in the game that no actions will be changed after noon?
cure wrote:Yes, that's correct. The only actions that can be changed are ones that ignore the timelines entirely. No one who sent in a double action may change their action after noon.
(im allowed to quote this right...? i would've just asked in thread last night but at the time i thought i'd just send in my actions & go to sleep)

regarding the timeline splitter, i think it make sense for the timeline splitter to be deo as they softclaimed last day phase and said they wanted to use their ability before dying. if they are the splitter they'll be around to clear things up before rollover i'm sure...?

also my laptop died last night so i might not be on for rollover, but i'll see if i can use a work PC o/ before i head out - for what it's worth, i am inclined to think that five's town rn

* i only realised this when backreading but it's impossible for them to be the jailer because they were hit by a stunner on n2 (a night during which eleni was presumably jailed by the mafjail) which is a detail i think they would have definitely mentioned if they were mafia & being led by a mafia team
* whether they're maf or town, the only way they could have information on my role flavour is by acting on me during n0 or n1  and all actions targeting me during the first two nights have been accounted for. the alternative explanation is that mafia has a dreamer-like passive investigative that just happened to land on me but i find it comparatively unlikely.

79Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 6 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:48 pm

drandahl

drandahl

Merging my personal notes on the prologue hints with Lucas's...

PROLOGUE HINTS:

Last edited by drandahl on Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

80Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 6 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:55 pm

high seraph

high seraph

lulu wrote:i think you believe that all of you, five & nautilus are town. if that's the case there needs to be an explanation for who the n1 jailer was, why they're missing from aeiou's results, and why nautilus showed up as acting on me.
I really can't answer you, lulu, I'm sorry.

I have shared every last bit of information that I have with the thread, and I still can't piece together what's going on in this game. N1 and N2, especially, are big "???" that I can't solve. Part of me wants to believe that Aeiou was a miller, and I would investigate her this phase if it weren't for the time-splitting thing, which would force me into sending an investigation on Ninfia too and potentially waste an action on neutral scum, so I decided not to act at all this phase. But then again, I don't actually believe she could be a miller, mainly due to her reaction when she found out about your book title that... semed really townish to me.

However, if I'm to believe that Aeiou really is town, then I'm suddenly not allowed to question her claims anymore, because she wouldn't have a reason to fake them. At the same time, I have solid evidence that nautilus doesn't have a role power that she could target any players with, so I can't not question Aeiou's claims. Do ya feel me?

At the same time, we have alca, who claimed to have redirected nautilus onto herself, the same phase where nautilus was apparently targetting lulu? Like I said, there's a really cryptic part of nautilus's role that indicates that she can't be targeted and, if anyone enters the house, they could essentially die. So I suppose that alca's redirection, if it's even legit, must have disappeared onto thin air on that phase, and that she even ran the risk of dying.

From whatever perspective you look at this, and even if you decide to just drop all aspects of nautilus's role for a second and consider what should have happened if she had a normal role, the only conclusion is that nautilus could never have had targeted you on N1, either because of own her role or because of alca's redirection (if she's telling the truth).

Naturally, if we're going to doubt that Aeiou's N1 results about nautilus were unreliable, we should question if any other parts of her claims should be trusted. But the worst part in this is that outside of the mention to House of Leaves, everything else about Aeiou's claims seems to be on point. Like, what the fuck??? On N0, you REALLY WERE targeted by Blindsprings (eleni) and Codex Seraphinianus (Blaire), and Five (The Complete World Knowledge Series) admitted to having acted on you as well on N1. Is Five the jailer??? I don'T KNOW??? ? I want to say "YES", but what they have revealed about their role so far also seems to be legit and consistent!!!

My conclusion is that Aeiou's claims are reliable. My best theory is that there is some role that can act under the name of a different role, but that sounds like the most useless role power ever (well, after fuCKING NAUTILUS'S I GUESS). I honestly don't kno w and I'm getting REALLY FRUSTRATED because I think I might die soon and take this mystery with me. Which would suck. And not in the good way.

I'm honestly so confused and so lost in this game.

At this point, the people who I believe are town are:

• deo - despite his inactivity, which isn't unusual for him, he's likely the Legend of Zelda role responsible for the timeline splitting in two.
  • Rasei - she claimed really early in the game, and she has an unusual combination of powers: stunning, pinning a post on rollover and editing an intermission. The other consistent stunner we have is Pan (neutral), but we do have a most-likely-mafia stunner that acted on ezzelin (N1).
  • lulu - i think the reasons are rather obvious, but she has claimed town jailer, has been cooperating consistently and was a NK target on N2 (which doesn't mean much by itself, but means a whole bunch considering everything else that has happened up to this point)
  • eleni - her role has been accurately proven and is definitely town, she has been a target for a (probably mafia) jail, idk what else she's just town
  • Tiki - our verified hero
  • T3tsuya - granted, it's possible that the mafia would target one of their own on N0, but they'd probably have a strategy there?? T3t did claim that his death would lead to all sorts of fuckery, and he could easily be lying, but it kind of explains why the mafia hasn't attempted another kill on him ever since N0.
  • Ardonye - besides being quite helpful throughout the game, messaging roles (which some people have hinted Mariya could be) are generally pro-town in my experience?? so?? yeah
  • Five - this is the player in this list that I trust the least tbh, and I still think they could be a jailer + kind-of-investigative-ish, but idk, they're on this list for now I guess.

Everyone else is still a suspect to me: Luxaria, drandahl, plotstickers, ezzelin, Sammiya, Angelstar, alcasync, Entelechy, chinomi, Mr. Gerbear.

Italicized are the people who I suspect the least among these. The bolded names are the ones I feel more strongly about, but I definitely couldn't point my finger to them and say "these people are mafia, 100% sure about it" because I'm not even 50% sure about it and iTS TEARING ME APART TBH. I can't believe we're this far into the game and still haven't lynched a single mafia or even have strong leads to follow.

81Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 6 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:06 pm

high seraph

high seraph

@dran, I forgot to add that the "legend" hint is very likely related to "Legend of Zelda", the role responsible for splitting the timeline in two.

Also, idk if this is a legit question you have but:

drandahl wrote:nest: ? - lulu claimed this?
On N2, Aeiou's results indicated that lulu had been targeted by the Butt Book and a dinosaur-related book that she believed was lulu's own role. To confirm, she asked lulu if her book had the word "nest" in its title, to which lulu replied positively. Align this to Five's investigation results indicating that lulu likes to invite people into caves for sexy and fun times, lulu's book is most likely In The Velociraptor's Nest (the second erotica book hinted at on N1 rollover).

sorry if u wanted this to remain a secret lulu, I've been debating whether it would be positive or negative to make this public knowledge and my conclusion was "what the hell, fuck it". Anyway, I might still be wrong too idk.

(also fun fact, I knew about Codex Seraphinianus and The Complete World Knowledge Series books before Aeiou revealed them and i felt kind of like "i CANT BELiEVE SHE BEAT ME TO THE PUNCH i wanted to show off that i knew things too godddddamnit wow")

82Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 6 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:18 pm

drandahl

drandahl

I don't know how I feel about recognizing those two erotica books. Anyway, I think that's probably likely. I'll update my notes if Lulu confirms.

Also, that book goes so well with her pink snake.

83Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 6 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:23 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Lucas, I'd recommend backing up your big posts from now on in case they get eaten, btw.

Since you seem to have been the prime target so far, and this last post has a lot of speculation in it and I JUST DON'T WANT YOU TO KEEP LOSING THINGS OKAY I JUST HAD THIS THOUGHT WHILE READING YOUR POST IT'S A GOOD POST PLEASE JUST BACK EVERYTHING UP

This goes for everyone.

84Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 6 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:33 pm

high seraph

high seraph

OH My GOD LITERALLY SAVES A COPY OF THIS POST THANk YOU FOR THE GOOD ADVICE

85Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 6 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:33 pm

drandahl

drandahl

@Lux, that's actually a very good idea.

@Hosrs, would it be illegal to scrape the thread with a web scraper this game?

86Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 6 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:44 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

high seraph wrote:Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 6 HdnYHyS

Seraph you gotta keep the moths out of your computer man they're eating all your posts this is not sanitary ew

87Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 6 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:56 pm

high seraph

high seraph

oh my fucking god @ whoever is doing this

Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 6 55778403

when the fuck did that even happen omfg

88Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 6 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:10 pm

drandahl

drandahl

high seraph wrote:deo - despite his inactivity, which isn't unusual for him, he's likely the Legend of Zelda role responsible for the timeline splitting in two.

I can understand if Deo is a town owner of this role and is keeping quiet right now for town advantage, but if that is the case, I hope he explains once the phase is over. Or, whoever is the owner, since Deo hasn't claimed it.

However, this feels on the surface more of a mafia-friendly action. I'll be very wary of Zelda fans if this goes poorly and is left unexplained.

Anyway, I agree that "Legend" is likely "Legend of Zelda." Updating notes.

89Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 6 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:38 pm

Entelechy

Entelechy

Huh. I had thought the words given in that post were related to our books, not words from the title. Since none of the words listed are in the title of my book.

I am in dire straights, tbh, trying to catch up with this thread. I had about 1250 notifications when I first sat down to try to sort this out, and it turns out that destroying and editing posts makes it really hard for someone to catch up.

So I am catching up with the conclusions, but I haven't seen enough behavior to really get my own sense of who might be lying. Before the end of the next day shift I will try to post my own spec, but it might not be substantial since this is such a mess OMG.

90Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 6 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:40 pm

Rasei

Rasei

Dran wrote:
silver: Gin Tama ("Silver Soul") - Rasei (What is with this plot, btw?!)

Gintama is a gag manga that makes you laugh with the stupidity, makes you groan with the stupid d*** jokes, and makes you cry with both epicness and sorrow because shit gets serous. It's reading a 60 or 70 chapters, then you start crying because they killed of your favorite character and you didn't even realized you had a favorite character. It takes a character that goes around picking his nose that isn't serous at all, and making him say stuff like,

'Don't you know? The one who's finished is you. Listen I don't care what you punks do around the universe. But with this, my sword... anywhere it can reach, is part of my country! Asses who blunder in and violates my things... Whether it be a shogun, whether it be space pirates, whether it be a meteorite, I'll destroy them!' -Gintoki

and making you realize, that if there is one person you want protecting your back, it would be this guy. That is Gintama.

Also, has anyone checked intermission yesterday or today? ;)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 60]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 33 ... 60  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum