Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]}

+10
Rasei
Luxaria
Cure
Mr. Gerbear
high seraph
Mr. Alice
Tiki The Troll
alcasync
Ninfia
Kiyoko
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 25]

Cure

Cure

Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]} - Page 19 30Ei7Wn

Ninfia }
alcasync }
high seraph } Luxaria
Mr. Gerbear } Luxaria No Lynch
Luxaria }
drandahl } Luxaria
Tinylightsflash }
Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]} - Page 19 Ik2j23b

LUXARIA II
NO LYNCH I

Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]} - Page 19 I0e6nVG

Last edited by Cure on Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

high seraph

high seraph

also while, I'm procrastinating:

D1 vote tally with timestamps

D2 vote tally with timestamps:

Neither Lux or Ninfia voted against Rasei on D1. Both of them voted against Five on D2. What that basically tells me is that we won't be able to decide which of them to vote off based on their voting patterns alone ha ahhaha but maybe someone else notices anything important.

Luxaria

Luxaria

Wait, I just woke up so I'm still processing some of what's been said on the past few pages, but while I catch up can someone explain to me why I'm being voted on just because I am the waitress?

Yes, I am the waitress, and I've made no show of hiding my character's gender as female and her characterization of being flirtatious, well-endowed, and some other aspects I've hinted at. I can provide more info of her character if it's any help.

Also, something I just realized from quick skimming: when I kept hinting I thought I knew Ninfia's role name it was because the flavor I got specifically indicated her to be a working woman, and since I was leaning more towards Journalist over Gossip for a character that actually works and tries to support her family, I thought that'd be her. I actually thought Archivist was a male with an Abe-like beard, looking at the silhouette, and not a woman. So I was totally wrong on that if Gerry's claim is accurate, and I'm not sure why it wouldn't be.

Anyway, going back to look at a few things, but I would like an answer to my question. Particularly from drandahl.

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

rip tireme
Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]} - Page 19 Tumblr_obkoy08ll11vce2jco1_540

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

I think it was mostly because there was a woman involved in that restaurant death...

We really don't have much more clues to go on do we

Yeah Unvote, Vote: No Lynch while I try to see if I can find something backreading...

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

Just crawling into bed but I'm happy to confirm that I am not the journalist or the waitress or the gossip.

Also the journalist wrote for the lifestyle and culture section and wrote a lot. She apparently tended to avoid the heavier issues such as politics and crime which reads to me as not being involved in it. Will vote in the morning.

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

alcasync

alcasync

Interesting. On D1 I got results that said that drandahl was a woman with long dark hair and a hat. If drandahl is actually a man (as confirmed by drandahl himself, and by the Gossip) then that means my D1 results were tampered with.

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

Unless drandahl has a secret gig at night ;)

Eta but wait what if that has something to do with the secret woman disguise from that one rollover

drandahl

drandahl

@Lux

I'm the Professor, and I'm male. And I'm distrusting the Waitress for role-related reasons.

Luxaria

Luxaria

I was curious about that mention, too, Gerry. Actually, my first post touched on it for this very reason:

Luxaria wrote:
Mr. Gerbear wrote:Also is this restaurant the same one where The Waitress works or
That's a good question. This unidentified waiter being a non-player character that might be from the same restaurant might be a good tie-in in terms of flavor hints, though if so I'm curious why this would show up in particular. Also, as far as I can tell there's only a few obviously female player-characters, one of which being the waitress, and the Casanova was last seen with a woman. Hm. I guess the tricky part is cutting up where's the flavor and where's the actual hints. Might help when we have a few more rollovers to see what kind of setting and formula we're dealing with. For now I'm going to find all of that info to be... intriguing.

I was more than mildly curious as to how rollover flavor worked at this point, if another role might know anything of this restaurant or any side-characters mentioned in the flavor, and seeing as I was the waitress any restaurant mentions stood out. That said, my restaurant is actually a different one than what was mentioned in the rollover: I work in a hotel restaurant on Third and Sixteenth. No one really had any comments to make with regards to the location or the mention of a woman being the one to visit Curesanova, so I kind of just left it at that at the time.

Also, forgot to add this last post, but... I attempted to check Mr. Alice last night since she was in my "leaning pro-town, but I want to feel her out" category. Sadly she's kind of... dead, but for whatever it's worth I know her character was from Brooklyn, or at least spoke with a Brooklyn accent.

high seraph

high seraph

Luxaria wrote:can someone explain to me why I'm being voted on just because I am the waitress?

I think it's reasonable to believe that at least one of the female roles is mafia, right?

I'm the Gossip and I know that I'm not mafia. I guess Gerry hasn't necessarily claimed he's the journalist or that he's female, so maybe I've jumped the gun a bit there. The only two other roles that have female-like silhouettes are the Archivist and Waitress, and you've just confirmed that you are, in fact, the Waitress. The only other person who claimed to be a female is Ninfia, and if my assumptions about Gerry are right, then the only role she fits is the Archivist.

There is a possiblity that the silhouettes are purposefully designed to make us confused about their gender tho, but I'm not sure how to factor that into speculation. What I know is that alca and drandahl have both claimed that they're males, and Tiny hasn't been exactly clear about it.

But here's the entire role/player lineup:

Archivist - Ninfia?
Gossip - me
Journalist - Gerry?
Photographer - alca, dran or Tiny
Physician - alca, dran or Tiny
Professor - alca, dran or Tiny
Waitress - Luxaria

While we're going forward with the assumption that the 3rd mafia is female, it's not important to determine what alca, dran and Tiny actually are. I am initially willing to vote any among yourself, Ninfia or Gerry tbh. Whether Gerry and Ninfia deny or confirm these assumptions can definitely change the outcome of the lynch at this point, but the way Gerry and Five were at each other's throats makes me pretty certain that at least Gerry isn't mafia. So it's really just between you and Ninfia.

The two of you have followed the same voting patterns throughout the game. And you've both been pretty open with your information. This is a really difficult choice tbh, and idk who to pick.

ninja'd by literally everyone. how did this happen.

@alca, did you notice that, differently from the results I had on Lux, gendered pronouns were used to describe drandahl? jsyk, my role says I can target a player and discover information about them, but doesn't specify what kind of information that is. I'm guessing there's a random element to it, and the gendered pronouns were deliberately used to hint at drandahl's gender, while these were omitted from the results on Lux in order to make the hint about her clothing and behavior instead of her gender.

At any rate, the first post does say that the mafia's abilities will be centered around disrupting investigation results, so I guess this isn't a surprise.

high seraph

high seraph

ok Ninfia said she's not the journalist, gossip or waitress. Which means she's definitely the Archivist. Which means Gerry is definitely the journalist. Which means this lynch is still Ninfia vs. Luxaria.

catfight

drandahl

drandahl

Also, my hair is grey and I certainly do not wear a hat.

I trust Archivist for role-related reasons.

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

Hmm. There's very little advantage in figuring out who exactly has what role because we don't know who does what, but here's what I know based on everything claimed in thread and my investigations:

Archivist - Ninfia
Gossip - Lucas
Journalist - Gerry
Photographer - alca
Physician - Tiny
Professor - dran
Waitress - Luxaria

But what good does that do really. *squint* we don't know who does what

Luxaria

Luxaria

@ drandahl
Can I hear them? I can't really offer anything in return or help town if what you're doing is saying, "Oh, voting on Lux because she's waitress because of reasons." That's not really giving me much to work with beyond targeting me for being a female. But then again this is America, so I guess I'm used to that.

Lucas wrote:I think it's reasonable to believe that at least one of the female roles is mafia, right?

I will admit, I also had this thought, though it was much lighter when I thought Archivist was a man with a beard. I thought the Street Rat might've had a chance of being female since short hair can go either way with regards to silhouette. But, well.

With four female characters, that does increase the chance of a female being on mafia and make it more likely. I haven't been sure how to weigh the flavor in this regard because expectations can be twisted quite substantially. When I thought Ninfia was journalist, I was hesitant to announce this because journalist, at a glance, strikes me as more pro-town at face value, what with the focus on news and similar. This depends on characterization, though, which is why I said if I had reason to announce it, I would. Either way, I can see where you're coming from with the idea that in a group of 4 females in a game of 12 with a mafia of 3 players, one is likely to be female. Maybe the game is this straight-forward, maybe not. I don't have much more I can offer against being targeted if it's solely because of a female character and drandahl's reasons.

But to comment on two other things:

1) I did not vote Rasei because alcasync was the first to vote on her, and as alcasync has proven in thread, my results on her indicated her character was being deceptive in some part. Seeing as the game was still in its early stages and we were trying to interpret the flavor, I did not want to follow that vote up until I could wrangle out a better understanding of alcasync and her character. You will notice I said several times--even before it got down to the wire--that I had no qualms with any of Tiny, Blaire, or Rasei being the lynch target, which is why I put a vote on Tiny to be make it 2-2-2 between all of them, and because she had yet to post or vote that phase at the time (which was the reasoning Tiki gave). Then the lynch swapped between Rasei and No Lynch, and I did not care for No Lynch, but I still wanted to feel alca out.

This obviously does not matter for much if you're evaluating who voted on Rasei (especially if it's between me and Ninfia), however I tried to make my intentions and thoughts known even before we got to the last stages of D1.

2) My results are actually kind of ambiguous with regards to gender. Ninfia's was the only obvious one since it explicitly mentioned she's a working woman. For alcasync, I sort of figured she was male since her character flirted with me a little bit, which meant she was probably male. Blaire's results used genderless pronouns.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum