Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

July's Camp NaNoWriMo

+2
Kiyoko
Rasei
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16July's Camp NaNoWriMo - Page 2 Empty Re: July's Camp NaNoWriMo Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:42 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Okay let's do this.

Once you have created a project, post again here with your NaNo username. Rasei will then invite you to her cabin.

On that note I've created a project and my camper name is Kiyo

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

17July's Camp NaNoWriMo - Page 2 Empty Re: July's Camp NaNoWriMo Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:10 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Okay, I guess I'm doing this. I tried to put in a word count of 30,000 - 50,000, but then it said "the word count of 3000050000 is too high!" Oops. Considered averaging it, but I'm going for 50,000. Third time's a charm?

This will change in the end, but the working title is The Deyla Branch. It's been an on-and-mostly-off project for a few years. I've only written a little bit, which I'll exclude from the count. I have a pretty map I've worked on in the past, and I think I'll put some more effort into it and post it up before July 1st. Otherwise, here's a revision of a summary I wrote a while back (Ygrere is a placeholder name, please ignore):

The resource crisis has taken its toll upon the world and its people. Once a proud and united commonwealth of prosperous city-states, now the lands of Ygrere are rife with distrust that threatens centuries of peace and cooperation, its people displaced and discontent. Katelynn, a young and practicing engineer, has her eyes on an elusive and prestigious appointment to a council of academics renowned for their body of work and research. Armed with a small fortune and a heart swollen with pride, Katelynn's clever attempts to earn a vote of confidence lead her into the midst of a class war, as the ruling body of the great city-state of Empheria moves to withdraw support from its outlying districts. Caught under the tide of civil unrest, Katelynn is left to understand the struggles of society, or drown in its turmoil.

Shorter, punchier version:

The Deyla are dying. Society, which leaned upon these ancient titans for prosperity and innovation, is now faced with a crisis growing in magnitude with each passing day. Centuries of cooperation are cast aside, neighbors turn inward in an attempt at self-preservation, and a young, one-legged engineer battles with her pride to accept that people other than herself have problems of their own.

It's a light steampunk, light fantasy hybrid. I'm kind of worried since I'm breaking the "write about what you know" rule, but it's too far gone at this point.

Project made (I think?), and I'm a camper. Or something. Also, funny story. I complained to Kiyoko that someone had already registered Luxaria. I then realized that someone was me.

18July's Camp NaNoWriMo - Page 2 Empty Re: July's Camp NaNoWriMo Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:29 pm

Rasei

Rasei

If you are register for NaNoWriMo then you are also Register for Camp. It's all interconnected

19July's Camp NaNoWriMo - Page 2 Empty Re: July's Camp NaNoWriMo Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:20 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Starts in a few days. Hype!

20July's Camp NaNoWriMo - Page 2 Empty Re: July's Camp NaNoWriMo Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:27 pm

Rasei

Rasei

HYPE! Has everyone finished their outlines? Or are you just going to write what comes to mind without how it ends?

21July's Camp NaNoWriMo - Page 2 Empty Re: July's Camp NaNoWriMo Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:59 pm

Jaiser

Jaiser

I'm probably gonna end up just shotgunning the thing when the time comes, since my plans keep taking me to much heavier stories than I really want to write. So, seat of pants it'll be, I think.

http://jack-kaiser.deviantart.com/

22July's Camp NaNoWriMo - Page 2 Empty Re: July's Camp NaNoWriMo Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:44 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Uhhh. Outlines... right. Those things. I have a fairly fleshed out plan of how the first two parts should go, with a decent understanding of the last bit, and a few ideas of how to end it. I anticipate that once I'm further along and can see where the narrative is going, I'll have better context to find the stopping point.

23July's Camp NaNoWriMo - Page 2 Empty Re: July's Camp NaNoWriMo Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:17 pm

Jaiser

Jaiser

Painted this in an effort to psyche myself up. More or less how I'm hoping to start the story.

...Yeah, combined the two ideas I had.

24July's Camp NaNoWriMo - Page 2 Empty Re: July's Camp NaNoWriMo Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:07 pm

Rasei

Rasei

TWO DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25July's Camp NaNoWriMo - Page 2 Empty Re: July's Camp NaNoWriMo Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:52 pm

Kotakia

Kotakia

yo imma get in on this especially since my good friend got me thinking of working on the story again. it's going to be rough because i haven't really... done most of the research i want to for it so between tonight and tomorrow i might change my story (to the one that I tried the last NaNoWriMo... aha...)

here i am

http://kotakia.tumblr.com

26July's Camp NaNoWriMo - Page 2 Empty Re: July's Camp NaNoWriMo Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:15 pm

Jaiser

Jaiser

A thought occurs to me: should we link our stories somewhere, assuming we're doing them digitally? I usually work in GDocs. Obviously we'll all be pretty busy so reading everything might have to wait till later, but seeing other people's progress might be a big help.

27July's Camp NaNoWriMo - Page 2 Empty Re: July's Camp NaNoWriMo Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:38 pm

Rasei

Rasei

That why the cabin is used. It tells us how many words the others in the cabin have written.

28July's Camp NaNoWriMo - Page 2 Empty Re: July's Camp NaNoWriMo Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:42 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Eh... I wanted to finish my map before tomorrow, and tidy some other things up, but...

Well, anyway, good luck to all ~

P.S. Nice art!

29July's Camp NaNoWriMo - Page 2 Empty Re: July's Camp NaNoWriMo Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:43 pm

Rasei

Rasei

I sent an invitation to everyone to be in a cabin. Also the airship is pretty.

30July's Camp NaNoWriMo - Page 2 Empty Re: July's Camp NaNoWriMo Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:58 pm

Rasei

Rasei

Also... It STARTS TODAY! I finished my word count for today but I'm continue writing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum