Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Activity Poll

+5
Tiki The Troll
Aeiou
Rasei
Cthulhuhoop
Kiyoko
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Categorize yourself

Activity Poll - Page 2 I_vote_lcap53%Activity Poll - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 53% [ 8 ]
Activity Poll - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%Activity Poll - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 7% [ 1 ]
Activity Poll - Page 2 I_vote_lcap27%Activity Poll - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 27% [ 4 ]
Activity Poll - Page 2 I_vote_lcap13%Activity Poll - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 13% [ 2 ]
Activity Poll - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Activity Poll - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Activity Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Activity Poll Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:37 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Back when this forum first started, I floated the idea of a skype chat (though if there were a lot of us in there it'd have to be moderated a bit so people aren't spamming it or it loses its effectiveness). I'm totally fine doing a mass mail thing too, or maybe starting a mailing list so we're not spamming people who aren't interested.

Round 24 submissions were actually supposed to close today but I'm seeing trends of people who are tentatively willing to host but would prefer something low-key like a minigame rather than taking on the responsibility of balancing a minigame. If we're all in favor, I'm down for:

• postponing the round submissions for a few weeks and running minigames, and maybe having a few minigames specifically for new hosts to practice running games? Kind of like newbie maf only for hosts instead

• creating some sort of skype chat or mailing list so that people don't miss games when they're not actively checking the forum

Open to suggestions!

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

17Activity Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Activity Poll Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:11 pm

Five

Five

I'm totally down to just do minigames for a while, and I'd join a Skype chat. The only issue is that I don't really use Skype much and I have enough trouble keeping up with the chats I'm in already, so it might not be particularly effective for me. I'd totally sign up for a mailing list, though, and like I mentioned forum PMs are an effective way to reach me.

As for minigames, I have one I'd run, but I'd also like to give new hosts a chance if they want to. I'm also willing to balance check games, though I admit my game balance methods are more based on intuition than anything (look they basically always work out well okay), so I may not be a WHOLE lot of help in that department.

Basically I'm down for anything here!

18Activity Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Activity Poll Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:17 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

I'm down with those two options.

I'm the only one that's posted about hosting a game this round, and it'd just be throwing some random thing together right now. I think it'd be better overall to run a handful of minigames for people to try hosting or play with cheeky setups.

As far as a chat goes, I agree it'd need some moderation to keep it from deviating. Chat and banter to a degree is probably fine (?),  especially since at heart we're all here to play games together. But its primary function is an extension of the boards for communication purposes. So as long as that hits a reasonable balance and serves as proper notification, I don't see why not.

Actually, notifications would probably need to be in titles or some other system, because if it's purely in chat it might be missed in conversation by any checking in now and then, and it's easy to tune out a group if chatter is going on you don't plan to follow. Actually at that point it might make more sense to have two groups. One purely for all game notifications, and the other for chat if people want to do that.

idk I am overthinking this. Basically two thumbs up.

edit: I also offer my services in both designing and assisting with prospective hosts. Not that I know what I'm doing. I don't, if anyone was curious.

19Activity Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Activity Poll Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:53 pm

Five

Five

I was thinking about floating the two-group idea too, actually, with a chat/fun group alongside a group for notification purposes. Maybe we could even run quick games of mafia through Skype or whatever? I used to play like that sometimes on IRC and it was a lot of fun. Mini-minigames!

20Activity Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Activity Poll Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:11 am

Aeiou

Aeiou

I know discord has a sort of organization where theres different channels but I dont know if a majority here has it?? It also supports voice and I wouldnt mind playing mini voice chat games if it works alright.

21Activity Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Activity Poll Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:39 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

I was actually going to suggest discord as a chat client if people already use it. We could have channels for announcements, general/fun chat, running actual games, etc.

Also, there's a newsletter setting in the admin section, so I just sent out a newsletter to everyone. Please check your email (make sure it wasn't caught in spam) and maybe let me know if this would be a good solution for mass pings? If it's too annoying we can try something else. We can still create a group chat for funtimes if people want.

22Activity Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Activity Poll Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:26 am

Five

Five

The newsletter works fine for me, and sending one of these out before every round will make sure I don't miss any. Discord also works great for me, since I'm already using it for a number of other things and it has mass-ping functionality built right in!

23Activity Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Activity Poll Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:29 am

drandahl

drandahl

I'd be fine with Discord. I use it for a couple things already.

24Activity Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Activity Poll Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:09 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

A'ight guys, we'll be doing those newsletter email notifications, but we've also got a discord server now. I have the basics set up but you guys are welcome to mess around in it and set up whatever channels you want too

25Activity Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Activity Poll Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:53 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Okay here's what we're gonna do re: the hosting situation

If you're a newbie host and would like to try your hand at hosting a minigame, post in this thread. You don't even need an idea; if you don't have a game idea we can supply one for you. If you want a cohost, post that too. If no newbie host replies in 48 hours saying that they want to host, then experienced hosts can go ahead and run silly minigame ideas.

We'll reopen main game submissions in a few weeks or something. We'll figure it out on the fly. I believe in us.

26Activity Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Activity Poll Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:15 pm

Rasei

Rasei

I can try hosting again. My first game was not very balance well.

27Activity Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Activity Poll Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:47 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Sure thing! I remember you saying you had a setup idea in mind. Do you want a cohost this time around, or do you want to run your own setup and maybe have an experienced host balance check for you?

Either way, ping me and I can help you set something up (or ping Luxaria, who also volunteered to cohost. Either of us is fine)!

28Activity Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Activity Poll Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:14 pm

Aeiou

Aeiou

I'm thinking about things lol I'm not sure if I want to go solo and just go wild or have a co-host

29Activity Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Activity Poll Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:23 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

tbh, host a game whenever, and if you want support you have it.

30Activity Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Activity Poll Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:54 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Kiyoko wrote:(or ping Luxaria, who also volunteered to cohost. Either of us is fine)!

+1

I am the second most helpful. Let me help. ;w;

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum