Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vampires win! COTN

+7
high seraph
Sammiya
drandahl
Rasei
Luxaria
nautilus
Kiyoko
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 15]

121Vampires win! COTN - Page 9 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:46 pm

Kotakia

Kotakia

ok but what about the mayor if drahndal isn't the mayor since their vote counts twice. if one of the 6 votes is that...

http://kotakia.tumblr.com

122Vampires win! COTN - Page 9 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:47 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Hm...

The Mayor: A villager with a lot of influence. A being with a loud voice, their choices are given significant attention. Votes made by the mayor count as two votes as long as there are no votes made on the mayor themself. The additional vote is not displayed but may change the end result of a day phase. A vampire or werewolf mayor retains their power.

If we split the votes like this...

Presuming that no one who's voted so far is the mayor or the mayor themselves have been voted on (so basically drandahl is the mayor, or Kotakia for some reason is compelled to lie about being vanilla) then the only thing that could potentially manipulate the votes would be werelord, in which it would be -1 vote and +1 vote.

Assuming drandahl/Kotakia is the mayor, or neither are the mayor, the "visible" tally should be as follows:

drandahl ||| (Kotakia, alcasync, AliceofOz)
Kotakia ||| (nautilus, Luxaria, drandahl)
no lynch | (Rasei)

Now we add in what happens if the mayor is one of the people who've voted who ... aren't the people up for lynch:

If the mayor is one of myself, Luxaria, alcasync, Alice, or Rasei the vote tally should look like this with hypothetical votes in brackets:

drandahl |||(|) (Kotakia, alcasync, AliceofOz)
Kotakia |||(|) (nautilus, Luxaria, drandahl)
no lynch |(|) (Rasei)

Assuming werelord is around, it's entirely possible for them to shift the vote to No Lynch if the werewolf is one of alcasync, AliceofOz, myself, Luxaria, or drandahl (-1 on drandahl or Kotakia, +1 on no lynch), though I honestly wouldn't see why they'd do this unless both Kotakia and drandahl are vampires

Last edited by nautilus on Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

123Vampires win! COTN - Page 9 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:47 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Mayor's double-vote won't count if they're one of the people with votes on them. Or, wait, what did you mean?

124Vampires win! COTN - Page 9 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:49 pm

Kotakia

Kotakia

i mean that if the mayor voted for drandahl or me sans dran being mayor, it's an auto lynch not RNG and so that will give away who they are. sorta. sans wolfy shenanigans.

125Vampires win! COTN - Page 9 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:52 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Also, bear in mind, AND THIS IS MY INTERPRETATION OF THE WAY THINGS ARE GOING...

But we're not trying to discover one of our power roles. We're merely trying to limit the influence vampires have as much as we can. Vampire lord might not even redirect, and mayor vote might not make a difference. But, for example.

Say the mayor voted for Drandahl and they're not Kotakia. They know for a fact that it's not a 50/50, so if Kotakia suddenly dies they'll realize something is up.

Further, the werewolf knows who they voted for, so they can include that into their deductions down the line and try and get a read on mafia.

But mafia might not do anything, bear in mind, so it could still be a 50/50. The objective I had in mind by proposing a 3:3 is to provide information to the mayor and werewolf, try to increase the chances of finding a vampire (better chance of finding one by voting for two people instead of everyone piling on one person), and also force a situation where... say we do target a vampire. Now they have to respond to that in some capacity.

I just think we gain a lot from the tie scenario.

126Vampires win! COTN - Page 9 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:54 pm

Kotakia

Kotakia

oh no i agree that we gain a lot but the mafia can probably figure out who was mayor from this is what i was saying

@cth will final vote tally represent all mayorial/wolfy shenanigans (not show who did it, but just show total votes per?)

127Vampires win! COTN - Page 9 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:00 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

@ Kotakia, I think this is the answer you want?

Cthuluhoop wrote:No indication of the vote change is shown in thread. The final result may change as a result of a vote change. Example there are 4 votes on player A and 3 votes on player B, player B gets lynched without any indicator of why that happened. Mayor's additional vote is also hidden like this.

128Vampires win! COTN - Page 9 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:00 pm

Cthulhuhoop

Cthulhuhoop

The Stakes .

drandahl~ III

Kotakia~ III

No lynch~ I

No vote~ I

nautilus~ Kotakia

Luxaria~ Kotakia

alcasync~ Luxaria drandahl

drandahl~ Kotakia

Sammiya~ No vote

Rasei~ Luxaria No lynch.

Kotakia~ high seraph drandahl

AliceofOz~ drandahl

high seraph didn't vote.

Cthuluhoop meant to write flavour text but they weren't really sure of where the day was going.

Kotakia was lynched. They were a villager, they were human. .

The ratio is now 5:2:1.

Day 2 is over. .

It is now Night 2. There is a full moon (80% chance).

129Vampires win! COTN - Page 9 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:02 pm

Kotakia

Kotakia

peace out yo win for me

wolfy this is for you

130Vampires win! COTN - Page 9 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:03 pm

Rasei

Rasei

Rest in Peace Kotakia.

131Vampires win! COTN - Page 9 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:05 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Full moon hype.

Haha, poor Cthulu. I wondered how you'd handle a situation like this where it comes down to the wire.

So Alcasync was correct about Kotakia being vanilla or bluffing. I feel bad about being part of the lynch on a vanilla town, but... I think the reasoning was sound. This means we now have:

Vampire
Vampire Lord
Werewolf
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Mayor
Squatter
Monster Hunter
Witch

At least we did not lose a power role and we can more reliably depend on claims. Rest in peace :c

132Vampires win! COTN - Page 9 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:38 pm

drandahl

drandahl

Okay. Stepping into this mess....

--I voted Kotakia early on to drive discussion early on.
--I was confused by AofZ's vote because it was so immediate, and I felt like I was already actively discussing. I also doubt she voted as a result of detective-investigation.
--I intended on pulling my vote or switching it out during my lunch break (12PM PST) but got caught in a meeting at work. I didn't expect us to get into a vote arms race, and I certainly didn't want us to be preoccupied coordinating tally-balancing, not to mention it would be even more disastrous for town since we have that hidden wolfer vote lying around.
--I was planning on jumping on after work, but got caught in a conversation with a friend around office politics (his favorite). Regardless, I noticed it was 7:02 before it was too late. Completely my fault, though I don't think there's much I could have done between 5 and 7 to step out of this situation.

I have some other thoughts, but I wanted to get this on the table before anything else. Again, sorry Kotakia. It was fun to play with you last time, sad to see you go so soon. Also our average thread text will be slightly less blue (or actually, cyan-magenta) on average, which is also sad.

133Vampires win! COTN - Page 9 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:59 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

drandahl wrote:I didn't expect us to get into a vote arms race.

Best description.

I kind of led the arms race because Alca was talking about voting to maintain a tie, with the suggestion that she'd swap to Kotakia to balance it out if necessary. I happened to like the idea of forcing a tie vote (for the reasons I've disclosed), so I went along with it by following up on Kotakia.

In the end she did feel very vanilla town to me, but that's also hard to judge considering the thread's participants... for the most part seemed on board. There were a few very interesting reactions as time went on, but we have 22 hours to discuss all of that, and I hope that we do since this is our night to help out the investivig. But first, I want to hear from Alcasync and Alice and what they think of the D1 events, since along with Drandahl and myself, they started the "arms race".

134Vampires win! COTN - Page 9 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:08 pm

drandahl

drandahl

Luxaria, I do understand an intention of wanting to maintain a tie for various reasons... I'm still forming my suspect list, but thanks for responding so quickly; it helps.

Okay, all of this vote switching and coordinating is taking a lot longer for me to tease apart than I expected. I do think this was a strange situation for a lot of players, so it's hard to reason clearly about...

And to be completely clear, I do take responsibility for being one of the "arms race" starters.

While I think this through...
@AliceofOz, what do you think about the likeliness of a mafia being amongst those who voted for Kotakia?
@highseraph, same question.

135Vampires win! COTN - Page 9 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:30 pm

alcasync

alcasync

I'm still trying to get my thoughts organized but I think town gains the most information if werewolf targets drandahl tonight, just so we know if this lynch was between two town or a town and a mafia.

Since mafia can't act tonight I think we all benefit from discussing who we think werewolf should target. So what do you guys think?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum