Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vampires win! COTN

+7
high seraph
Sammiya
drandahl
Rasei
Luxaria
nautilus
Kiyoko
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 15]

91Vampires win! COTN - Page 7 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:48 pm

Rasei

Rasei

If we are going with ties, then who should I vote for? I don't want to mess up accidently cause someone to die and is town, like last game... *dooms*

92Vampires win! COTN - Page 7 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:18 pm

alcasync

alcasync

You don't have to vote into the tie. You can vote for whoever you want. I just didn't want all the votes completely scattered is all. ;v;

Edit: It's three hours until rollover and I think only four people have voted?

93Vampires win! COTN - Page 7 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:41 pm

high seraph

high seraph

I'm here, alca! ; v; sorry for not being around too much, this game os moving pretty fast and work is heavy atm. I dont have anything interesting to add to the ongoing discussion though, but I don't particularly like the entire idea of forcing ties.

While it COULD help us determine who's the mayor or werewolf, it could also lead to nothing but confusion. Also, its an especially damaging strategy for those of us jumping into it? Our vote patterns will soon be scrutinized, and I or someone else might end up being pointed at solely for following this town plan.

I think a much more valid course of action would be to tell the mayor to abstain from voting, unless they're really onto something. This way we have a cleaner vote tally that we can understand better, idk.

So yeah, since I'm not comfortable participating in this voting strategy, I'll sit on my vote while I reread a couple of posts for now, I'll edit my vote in soon.

94Vampires win! COTN - Page 7 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:09 pm

Rasei

Rasei

Um... Umm.. There is only an hour left of voting I believe, so we need to do something... To maintain the tie thingy I Vote:Lux. That's two on Kotaka and two on Lux now.

95Vampires win! COTN - Page 7 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:25 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

As I understand it (and maybe Alcasync has a different view on this), the objective is not to find the mayor or werewolf, but rather to have as much control over the votes as we can manage as town. If the votes are scattered, that means the mafpires have a strong chance of being able to manipulate the werewolf's vote (in addition to their own) to try and sneak through a lynch on a target that's beneficial for them. Granted, that can be a bit risky and revealing for them under certain circumstances, but the alternative means that the town, as a collective, get to select two or three targets (which has a higher chance of getting a mafpire than just having everyone tunnel on a single target), test them for suspicions, and, most importantly, limit the manipulations that can occur from the mafpires. If there's two or three targets all with 3 or more votes, that means town got to choose the targets.

There is the obvious risk of revealing the mayor or werewolf through deduction, but if we get a perfect split of votes, that means there's always the "it was RNG voted" defense. However, both the mayor and werewolf will know which they voted for and will be able to make some deductions of their own. Couple that with both the alignment of the target that is lynched plus the eventual NK, and our power role results, and we've got a lot of information floating around on the side of town, even if most of it isn't openly stated for everyone.

You are, of course, free to hold back your vote. And I understand the whole, "people jumping in will just get speculation placed upon them for following a plan." But, this is just how I've reasoned out the situation. My take on it may be much different from that of others.

@ Rasei. Hmm. The vote tally hasn't been updated, but iirc we have:

Alcasync: Drahndal
AliceofOz: Drahndal
Drahndal: Kotakia
Luxaria: Kotakia
Rasei: Luxaria

96Vampires win! COTN - Page 7 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:28 pm

high seraph

high seraph

Weren't there also 2 votes on drandahl? That would make it a 3-way-tie.

Idk man idk

97Vampires win! COTN - Page 7 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:44 pm

Rasei

Rasei

Oh I'm sorry, I missed Alcasync vote on Drahndal.

98Vampires win! COTN - Page 7 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:50 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

That's fine! I'd advise that either High Seraph votes for me as well, or you two split between Kotakia and Drandahl, or you both stay no vote.

I have some other thoughts, but I'm going to wait to see if anyone else does anything in the next 30 minutes. I'd advise you stay active for the next hour, if you can.

Edit: Also, one thing that occurs to me. If we have a tie between people with only 2 votes, that means we run the risk of having someone throw out a vote on a third or fourth target (if enough people vote in the last hour), and then mafia could redirect the werewolf onto them. Just something to consider. That's why I'd ideally liked 3:3, 4:4, or 3:3:3. But I don't know if we'll see from the remaining 4 before rollover? High Seraph didn't vote, Kotakia was here but didn't vote yet, and then both Nautilus and Sammiya are no votes at the moment.

99Vampires win! COTN - Page 7 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:58 pm

Kotakia

Kotakia

alcasync wrote:It's three hours until rollover and I think only four people have voted?

I GOT SCARED IT HAD HAPPENED ALREADY. I'm tied with drandahl right? They haven't come back and said anything (Again, kinda hella suspicious they random voted me and then got super confused by AoZ random voting them I mean like come on).

So if there's a tie do y'all want me to no lynch or throw out a third target? Alca called me, I'm vanilla as ice cream so the only thing I can offer is spec and if a tie where I die helps y'all win I'm down for it.

also tbh maybe wolfie shouldn't vote if they want town + wolf win that way the mafpires can't use it against them as there's no real activity requirement.

http://kotakia.tumblr.com

100Vampires win! COTN - Page 7 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:03 pm

Rasei

Rasei

Should I change my vote then and to who, Lux/Alpaca/Kotakia?

101Vampires win! COTN - Page 7 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:13 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

@ Kotakia. I think I asked earlier, but mafpires can still redirect the wolfy's vote even if they do not vote. Basically, mafpires can just treat the werewolf as another vote for them at all times.

I do agree with Alcasync that your reaction to being voted is much more vanilla town leaning (or bluffing mafia) than otherwise. I do hate the idea of risking vanilla towns with lynches, since power roles will most likely claim, but I guess I view it as "This is the best chance we have to get information through random votes, as long as we can avoid killing power roles." For the greater good, or something like that.

@ Rasei. That is your choice. If someone else is going to vote, a 3:3 might be safest for town. At this point, it's getting to where a mafpire can't slip in a vote and then redirect werewolf onto it without being suspicious, at least.

102Vampires win! COTN - Page 7 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:14 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Alrighty, so I'm here now and willing to contribute to the current theory of a tie. I'm completely willing to bring it to an intense three-way tie or a two-way tie, how are we cutting this cake.

103Vampires win! COTN - Page 7 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:15 pm

Kotakia

Kotakia

yea i mean if i had a power role then i'd be all 'whoa hold the horses' but at this point it doesn't matter. i want my team to win!

also damn that does suck and doesn't provide us any help at all, so in all actuality it's better for wolfy to vote so we can see who gets their vote mixed up.

hey lucas no offense but vote: high seraph if one more person shows up then we'd get 3:3:3 but it's probably not happening.

104Vampires win! COTN - Page 7 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:18 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Kotakia wrote:also damn that does suck and doesn't provide us any help at all, so in all actuality it's better for wolfy to vote so we can see who gets their vote mixed up.

Mmhm, thus why I figured it'd be good to try and get people to vote to see if we can control the situation and gain information from it.

So we have...

Alcasync: Drahndal
AliceofOz: Drahndal
Drahndal: Kotakia
Luxaria: Kotakia
Rasei: Luxaria
Kotakia: High Seraph
Nautilus: ???
High Seraph: ???
Sammiya: ???
Kiyoko: RIP ;_;

105Vampires win! COTN - Page 7 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:22 pm

Kotakia

Kotakia

wait i thought it was 3:3 i can change my vote to you luxaria if you wanna push 2:2:2? obv i know you'd rather not die but still

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum