Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gakuen Mafia Season 2: School Festival [EP00-EP10]

+23
ezzelin
drandahl
lulu
Doak
Aeiou
minji
Mr. Gerbear
plotstickers
Sammiya
piplups
chinomi
T3tsuya
Tiki The Troll
Cure
Rasei
deo
high seraph
alcasync
Mr. Alice
Luxaria
Ninfia
Kiyoko
nautilus
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 44 ... 58  Next

Go down  Message [Page 31 of 58]

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

A'ight I got some info for you guys.

Someone acted on me and I don't know who, but their ability sounds town, so thanks. If you want to claim, I can back it up, if not, that's cool too.

I sent in the role investigation last night on someone with the intent to change it later if anyone got back to me in thread, but no one did, so. I'm 100% sure the player I investigated is town since their flavor text explicitly states that their ability can cancel the mafia night kill detention slip, but I'm not sure if they want me to out them. If your ability fits this but you're not sure if I'm talking about you or not, the last word of your second paragraph is "detention." If you don't out yourself I'm not going to out you and I'm not particularly worried since it seems like you can take care of yourself anyways.

Also alca has not acted on anybody as of the beginning of N1.

Okay that's all I've got for now.

Soooo basically this phase I'm not really planning on pushing any lynches because I'm pretty satisfied after D1 but I'll divert any lynches going towards the few people I think are town based on investigation results.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

Doak

Doak

Cure wrote:
Gakuen Mafia Season 2: School Festival [EP00-EP10] - Page 31 QN3kgIsCURE
"Someone tried to ask me to go doki doki for them. I'm sorry, my brother is the most important person in my life I told you no one can confess to me!!!"

also: ... blaire is a really weird nk target
also also: it's a really weird time for a phase end, unless it's not a coincidence that it coincided with CONFESSION TIME!!! who did the thing
if only you knew what a masochist I am and what a horrible mistake you've made

Cure

Cure

I'm so sorry doaki-doaki, but I do automatically reject all confessions. :( I don't even know what message you sent me, if any, I just get a notification that x player sent me a confession and I said no. ask my brother to confirm since he's the reason why I can't~~~

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

piplups wrote:@Cur3: "What could you possibly be venturing to insinuate, my companion?? Erudition is of the utmost importance, no matter whether the occasion is ripe for the aubade or the celestial radiance of night!!"

but seriously though whoa. I'm assuming this is a "standard" phase-ender ability (of which the most prominent example I remember Dratini all the way back from vdex maf 13), which means it's likely only got one or two shots. which brings up the question of why it was used now, when we're already halfway into the night phase and a lot of actions may have already been sent in. (for reference, Dratini (as town) in that game tried to use it not five minutes into the final night phase, and I (as mafia) ninja'd them by a little bit totally by luck and because I was expecting it)

though... with the fact that lulu has been acted on, and Mr. Alice died, whom, while I don't know enough about them, Cure has mentioned is a weird NK target, I'm still thinking it's possible/likely that lulu is in fact paranoid gun owner, Mr. Alice tried to jail her and was killed, and the mafia just didn't get to send in an NK because of the phase thing. however, there is also nothing in Mr. Alice's blurb suggesting a jailer-type role, unless the character invites someone to a seance with a bunch of ghosts every night or something.

I AM IMPLYING I NEED SLEEP. I GET (MORE) GRUMPY (THAN USUAL) IF I DON'T GET IT. SCHOOL SHOULD END AT 2. 3 TOPS. 4 IF YOU STAY FOR CLUBS, WHICH YOU SHOULDN'T IF YOU RUN THE RISK OF SPENDING THE NIGHT IN A LEAKY BASEMENT JUST FOR STAYING.

I know it's a little meta but I've found that these forums have almost literally never gone for anything resembling a paranoid gun owner. It's just not the kind of role that's usually shows it's head around here. And it doesn't seem like Blaire's character would have anything to do with jailing. She actually specifically said at one point

I work with spirits when that's what they are. I don't harm the living if I can help it.

implying that her role might be related to dead people and unrelated to having an action towards living people.

That being said, I can see Lulu's ability being a paranoid gun owner easily. I just don't think everything else lines up. I'm confident we'll see further jails.

I'd be willing to bet the phase end was a maf ability as well. Or at least it was played like one. There isn't really a huge reason for town to have used it. It's early in the phase, we haven't been speculating, there's nothing to 'catch early' so to speak. Whereas maf had a kill order in already, they could just force the phase end for an easy kill. And a jail if the jailer is maf aligned, but for a few reasons I don't think they are.

Not that that really helps one way or the other. But if we're speculating. I think a town-aligned phase end is barking up the wrong tree.

Doaki-doaki wrote:if only you knew what a masochist I am and what a horrible mistake you've made

How lucky for you. Keep confessing to us. We'll reject you every night.

And you'll love it.

Cure

Cure

Gakuen Mafia Season 2: School Festival [EP00-EP10] - Page 31 QN3kgIsCURE
"Eh, are you insinuating she confessed to you, too? A-are people confessing to you???"

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

fwiw

I feel like a maf phase end would send in the phase end immediately along with all of the maf actions, or else it would only allow maf actions through while negating all town actions.

The fact that the early phase end is this late in the phase and that a variety of town actions seem to have gone through seems to indicate that it's not a maf phase end.

Cure

Cure

Kiyoko wrote:fwiw

I feel like a maf phase end would send in the phase end immediately along with all of the maf actions, or else it would only allow maf actions through while negating all town actions.

The fact that the early phase end is this late in the phase and that a variety of town actions seem to have gone through seems to indicate that it's not a maf phase end.

This is why I think it's a relationship ability. Maybe one that triggers on confession/rejection. since we know for sure at least one rejection happened.

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

Cure wrote:I'm so sorry doaki-doaki, but I do automatically reject all confessions. :( I don't even know what message you sent me, if any, I just get a notification that x player sent me a confession and I said no. ask my brother to confirm since he's the reason why I can't~~~

Can confirm that she is my one and only we are too cool to just allow ourselves to accept being confessed to that passively.

The way to our hearts is through our boot soles.

Kiyoko wrote:The fact that the early phase end is this late in the phase and that a variety of town actions seem to have gone through seems to indicate that it's not a maf phase end.

What variety of town actions are you referring to? I see literally the jail and that's all. All club actions have failed, there's nothing else but the jail and the kill.

I don't know. I see literally 0 reason for this to be beneficial to town right now. There was no rhyme or reason for it. it might be a relationship ability, given. Maybe "You are so inconsolable having been rejected that the earth itself weeps for you and gives an early morning because you are Mary the Sue". If you are the phase ender, maybe you should clear that up unless you have a reason to stay hidden.

Sora mea wrote:"Eh, are you insinuating she confessed to you, too? A-are people confessing to you???"

Gakuen Mafia Season 2: School Festival [EP00-EP10] - Page 31 F6uFgMfCUR3
"They might be.

Nervous?"

Doak

Doak

My internet just crapped out but I wrote a post that was pretty much what Kiyoko said but not that I thought it was a town phase end, just that I thought it was weird for a maf phase ender to do the thing so late. I think it's weird for a town phase ender to do so, too, though, I'd expect a town phase ender to try and preempt all the mafia's actions and basically give us a free lynch before the next night phase.

a cool thing is that there was only one kill last night

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

@Tet

The variety of actions that I sent/went through on me. But I get that the only source anyone has for those is me saying it unless the people who sent those actions want to step forward which is entirely up to them and I'm not going to ask them to.

Cure

Cure

Gakuen Mafia Season 2: School Festival [EP00-EP10] - Page 31 QN3kgIs
Onii-chan wrote:"They might be. Nervous?"

CURE
"Of course not! Being nervous would be an indication that I consider them competition worthy of my brother's attention. And we both know there's no one like that here."

piplups

piplups

re:Blaire, her claim totally slipped my mind, but even now that I've read it I can still kind of see it in a jailer-ish way? "I work with spirits" and "I don't harm the living if I can help it" kind of fits with mine and Cure's semi-serious guesses of trapping a student in a seance/shadow realm from which they're released by the end of the night because they're not fit to join the spirit realm just yet

re:phase end, I actually have... a possible guess to what may have ended the phase, but I'm going to wait until the person I'm thinking about posts before speculating further about it. I do admit I've never thought of the phase ender as a mafia-aligned role, if only because the only time it's become relevant in a game I played was when it was a major town role that I had to go up against. It just seems a little too powerful for mafia to be able to dump everything in a night before the town has a chance to react? though with such a big game it's not impossible, hmm.

deo

deo

okay I thought I posted like 6 hours ago but apparently my post didn't go through so thanks internet

anyway I'm really sorry for missing the vote; I thought I'd be able to hop back on before rollover and then... didn't w so yeah that was a thing

Anyway, sorry for doubting you I guess Kiyo! Reading up to rollover, I still wasn't really swayed on voting for drandalh and thus I probably wouldn't have voted for them anyway, especially since it seemed the lynch would not have been swayed anyway.

uh yeah okay gotta go hope my boo doesn't hate me byeee~!! |ω・)

EDIT: HAHAHA JK I JUST STARTED MY BACKREADING AGAIN AND GOT TO PHASE END OKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Last edited by deo on Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cure

Cure

I remember being a mafia phase ender that would delete all actions from the phase. including the nk and all other mafia actions. yeah. that... sure was an ability. that i think only worked at night too. :')))

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

There was a mafia phase ender in gakuen season 1 which iirc canceled all town abilities but let mafia abilities through.

I do think Blaire's ability was to talk to ghosts (or revive?) which wouldn't be out of the realm of abilities we've had in past games.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 31 of 58]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 44 ... 58  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum