Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gakuen Mafia Season 2: School Festival [EP00-EP10]

+23
ezzelin
drandahl
lulu
Doak
Aeiou
minji
Mr. Gerbear
plotstickers
Sammiya
piplups
chinomi
T3tsuya
Tiki The Troll
Cure
Rasei
deo
high seraph
alcasync
Mr. Alice
Luxaria
Ninfia
Kiyoko
nautilus
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 45 ... 58  Next

Go down  Message [Page 32 of 58]

angel★

angel★

o-oh my.

i'm inclined to think that the phase end wasn't done on purpose, since it's a rather odd time to do it..... both town and maf would benefit much more if phase end was immediately after the phase started. i agree with the people who think it's a relationship effect, and probably accidentally set off?? though i guess actually relationship things would all happen now or 11am which is even worse, so maybe it was on purpose.....

rip just got hella ninja'd, briefly read through and oh hm hadn't really considered a role that only lets through certain side's actions...... i guess it could be that too, and maybe it only went through now since mitsu was checking for confessions?

Kotakia

Kotakia

Welp, this got chaotic fast. My action seems to have gotten lost in the early phase ender and the person I attempted to confess to and show the wonderful world of fashion hasn't... replied. I have no denial or acceptance. You really should accept, I can make you look fabulous. Maybe then they would actually notice you.

Re: phase end, I'm inclined to believe it's like the older games where mafia send in their stuff first and end the phase. It would explain why we just have a jail and a kill, as mafia can often end up with jails as a way of evening out a team.

I have also just re-read my role PM and found out that my relationship ability... doesn't work the way I originally read maybe you all can smell the desperation and that's why I'm still alone.

http://kotakia.tumblr.com

Luxaria

Luxaria

I haven't read the current posts because I've been checking something with sensei, so I don't know if anyone brought this up. But:

Before confessions, nautilus last posted 44 minutes after rollover. If she wasn't around between those two times (since she seems to have been busy?), she might not have caught any phase ender actions between those two time periods, thus the timing overlap.

Working against this is the fact that she made some fluff posts (re: expelled punmaster Kiyoko) before doing the phase end. However, she might not have checked all PMs because she anticipated checking them later on during confession time, like how alca eventually handled Gakuen S1.

The main reason why I'm treating this as a possibility is because if we continue with the idea that the phase end has to do with confessions, then that prompts a scenario where it could only trigger an hour before rollover. And that seems like an awkward interaction, but I guess that's still impactful considering how the last hour can see a lot of vote changes?

But yeah brb checking something with sensei before I catch up on the thread.

piplups

piplups

though the mafia phase-ender/canceller is probably not it, at least for this phase, because according to kiyoko (whom I'm willing to trust is town at this point) at least one/some town actions did go through. there's also the fact that the stunner didn't act, and aren't stunners more likely to be mafia than jailers are? there just seems little reason to give a protect+stun role to a mafia member, since if they use it on themselves they compromise their own actions, and if they use it on town/neutral they lose a potential chance to have an erroneous vig/killer help their job along.

Last edited by piplups on Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Sensei wanted me to let thread know that she's signing off for the night.

re: confessions
I was actually in the middle of responding to a confession when the phase ended, so I'm not actually sure which phase it counts for. So uh, that's a thing too.

I do very strongly believe that town actions did go through last phase though.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

Sammiya

Sammiya
Admin

@Kiyoko Did you enjoy the lollipop~? They're so delicious~

https://crywolf.rpg-board.net

Luxaria

Luxaria

Kiyoko wrote:Sensei wanted me to let thread know that she's signing off for the night.

ah, okay. Catching up on the thread since I'm no longer waiting. ;w;

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Whoop okay I'm pretty sure Sammie is town. Hi Sammie and thanks. <3

Doak

Doak

I can indeed confirm that it is not the case that only mafia actions went through. For a phase ender on any team to act so late is rather odd indeed.

But just to make sure and rule out whatever we can: Taki, this wasn't your work, was it?

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

Doak wrote:I can indeed confirm that it is not the case that only mafia actions went through. For a phase ender on any team to act so late is rather odd indeed.

But just to make sure and rule out whatever we can:       this wasn't your work, was it?

Well that's reassuring I think, but at the same time makes me wonder even more why the phase end even occurred. It's not of maximum benefit to anybody. And if you're not someone who has a relationship effect that would have triggered this on rejection, I wonder who else was rejected / accepted last night. I'm more and more thinking this could be relationship aligned.

piplups wrote:
re:phase end, I actually have... a possible guess to what may have ended the phase, but I'm going to wait until the person I'm thinking about posts before speculating further about it. I do admit I've never thought of the phase ender as a mafia-aligned role, if only because the only time it's become relevant in a game I played was when it was a major town role that I had to go up against. It just seems a little too powerful for mafia to be able to dump everything in a night before the town has a chance to react? though with such a big game it's not impossible, hmm.

It's happened before in smaller games here. Hell I've been maf orchestrating when was best to drop it a few times. I'm sure a few others here are the same. I think with a game this large it would be weighted enough on town side to warrant an ability like that. But like I said, I have nothing concrete to go off of. Just my observations. I don't have the all seeing eye that Kiyo claims to have, but at this point I'm not entirely convinced that she shouldn't be listened to. She lead a lynch on a confirmed maf as early as possible. Even if she's made plays like that before against her own maf members, it's a hard play to doubt.

I can see the jailer being a shadow-realm deal without too much effort, but I just don't think the actions of last night fall in line for me enough to believe that's the simplest explanation. And I guess if we see further jails, it will confirm that since there's no reason for either town or maf to stop jailing at any point for almost any purpose.

Gakuen Mafia Season 2: School Festival [EP00-EP10] - Page 32 F6uFgMf

meine schön Schwester wrote:"Of course not! Being nervous would be an indication that I consider them competition worthy of my brother's attention. And we both know there's no one like that here."

CUR3
"Not anymore, you mean.

The battery eater is in detention now, charged up and ready as she was to do what I wanted.

Only a matter of time before someone else is masochistic enough to eat a big bowl of cobwebs or something to get me to notice them. It might surprise us."

You know that you don't need to do much to keep my attention on you alone.

Would you have killed to make sure?... Ahaha just kidding.

I think.

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

Spoiler:

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Eh, well. Since it's a day phase.

Will not vote

• Myself
  • alca (for personal reasons)
  • Tiki (claimed neutral)
  • Pocha/piplups (due to role hint and general behavior)
  • Sammiya (role does not seem like a mafia role)
  • Mystery Person Who I Investigated Last Night who could be anyone on any of these lists
  • The person who confessed to me on N1 who could be anyone on any of these lists I'm not sure if they want me to say who they are or not

Disinclined to vote

• ezzelin (~vibes~)
  • high seraph (~vibes~)
  • Doak (~vibes~ and also a role hint I think?)
  • Lulu (if we decide Blaire was the NK target, then Lulu at least couldn't have sent it)

Willing to vote off this list (minus potentially two people)

• Ninfia
  • Luxaria
  • deo
  • Cure
  • Tet/Cur3
  • plotstickers
  • Gerry
  • Minji
  • Aeiou
  • Kotakia
  • Angelstar

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Doak wrote:But just to make sure and rule out whatever we can: Taki, this wasn't your work, was it?

Taki shook her head. "No. I can't do that sort of thing. Besides, that doesn't seem very nice, and I don't see how doing something like that would help me make any friends."

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

Gakuen Mafia Season 2: School Festival [EP00-EP10] - Page 32 O7vxc6n
Okay so, in complete honesty, I woke up at about ten minutes after rollover took place today, and I had a class from 1-2:30, so I had to leave before I had the chance to even think about the game. It's really quite embarrassing, if I'm honest.
Gakuen Mafia Season 2: School Festival [EP00-EP10] - Page 32 DdYG6qL
I'm not sure that I buy the idea that the phase ender is town, unless it was an unintentional trigger. We can't really tell that though, so... I guess my skepticism is a moot point. The only thing I think is worth pointing out is... what if it's a club ability? All other club actions were cancelled, however, apparently both town and mafia abilities went through, as there was a night kill. food for thought, I guess.
Gakuen Mafia Season 2: School Festival [EP00-EP10] - Page 32 Bttmaqd
These targets are really bothering me, though. I don't really see the logic behind the mafia's selections no matter how hard I think about it. Rasei, I could see based on her archetype, but not from a player perspective. Chinomi, not so much. Blaire? that makes no sense at all.
Gakuen Mafia Season 2: School Festival [EP00-EP10] - Page 32 ZNG8e7E
It's like they're attacking quieter players off the bat? which seems like an odd move. its much easier to hide among some quieter players than it is to be constantly in the spotlight. Plus, the mafia wouldn't have gotten any investgations back before the phase end, and Blaire doesn't seem like a n0 investigation target.

I'm wondering if many of the mafia are actually newer players themselves? people who don't know the other players well going into the game would be more inclined to make plays that through the more regular players off.
Gakuen Mafia Season 2: School Festival [EP00-EP10] - Page 32 S2WNaDY
I've seen like 10 people post since I started typing this up so I'm just going to post it and pick up tomorrow. I've gotta get up at 6 am so... sleep time.

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

Luxaria

Luxaria

Okay, I think I'm caught up. I posted my thoughts about the phase end earlier, so other than that...

piplups wrote:there's also the fact that the stunner didn't act

This caught my eye. Gakuen S1 is my only game I've experienced with 20+ players other than this game. I guess b&b (also hosted by sensei~) comes close. In Gakuen, there were three stuns and a jail on N0. Here, we had a single stun and jail on N0, but two kills. On N1, we now have a jail and a kill, no stun, but also a phase end.

From this, I can see it going several ways. First off, the scariest possibility: Mafia has a recurring vigilante shot and can kill two people each night. This didn't happen tonight, so the death of Mr. Alice could be retaliatory, related to her role (maybe she wants to be a ghost and comes back in some capacity? idk), or, probably most likely, the NK. If the latter, hold that thought.

Blaire is a bit of a weird target for the NK, but her role reads a lot like Ninfia's from last game where she can interact with spirits, and iirc Ninfia's role in Gakuen S1 allowed her to talk to the dead. Mafia might be apprehensive of any roles dealing with the dead, so I can sort of see it? But it is pretty much standard procedure to leave our precious Blaire alive and let her do her thing.

We know some town actions went through, it seems, so now do we know if any mafia actions went through? The absence of both a stun and a second kill can suggest several things:

1)
The second kill on N0 is either conditional or limited in use; in other words, if maf has a vig, they can't act multiple times in a row, or it was single-use, or...

2)
Maf didn't get their actions in and Blaire died from something else. This could be supported by the missing stun, if we view it as maf-originating. That said, it could just as easily be town.

3)
drandahl was a maf stunner, which lines up with Kiyoko claiming that he acted N0, and his death means mafia no longer has a stun. If this is the case, then the evidence for the kill on Blaire not being the NK is weaker.

4)
One last possibility is that Blaire might've been a stunner. I believe the stun has priority over NK, so if she submitted it then we would have seen it, but she might have just not submitted an action prior to phase end. I find this slightly less likely, personally, as others have pointed out she commented on not harming/interacting with the living. Technically stun isn't necessarily a harmful action? But...

And of course there are some variations incorporating these ideas and others, but this is what stood out to me the most. For the possibility of Blaire being the NK, Rasei's death on N0 does set a precedence for this occurring and makes it a little more likely, imo.

I'll cut it off here to say...

tl;dr: Lack of a stun could be due to either a town or mafia not submitting an action before the phase end. It could also be due to there being conditions on the stun that prevent it from being used. If we view the original stun as belonging to mafia, its absence means either mafia didn't get actions in and Blaire died of something random, or mafia had no stun and Blaire was a NK. If mafia had no stun to use, it's possible drandahl might have been a stunner. Blaire might have been a stunner, but I find it unlikely.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 32 of 58]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 45 ... 58  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum