Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win]

+12
T3tsuya
Entelechy
Cure
Luxaria
Sammiya
Mr. Alice
nautilus
drandahl
ezzelin
chinomi
Rasei
Tiki The Troll
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 33 ... 52  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 52]

211Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 15 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:50 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Hmmm...

I really do not know how to read chinomi in this situation.

Why would revealing your jersey number even help clear up your alignment?

And even if you could, isn't it redundant to say "well it looks like I might get lynched so here's my number in case I do"? Considering I'm 99% sure we'll be told the jersey numbers of the players to die... because otherwise passing becomes impossible since you might end up passing to numbers that aren't in the game.

On the other hand, I usually anticipate the mafia reading through the rules and being aware of them--unless the mafia just expect this to be simple/easy and they slack. The choice of potential serve targets indicates to me that they are not slacking in more ways than one, however I guess individual members might not have been as up to speed?

I guess another thing is that I feel like you would have noticed the dozens of mentions of not revealing jersey numbers through in-thread discussion and posts from Ninfia. So that also suggests you might not have followed it carefully and/or read the thread? Gomen, I know you're busier and the thread is moving decidedly fast. ;w; I'm just... trying to analyze this because I would prefer not to mislynch a town.

Hmmm.

Reading the intervening posts.

212Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 15 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:50 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 15 65w4Tm5

okay but can we talk about this for a sec

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

213Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 15 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:51 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

On a more serious note, it seems like our three lynch candidates (chinomi, Aeiou, Tiki) are all weirdly reluctant to vote for one another and I'm not sure what to make of this.

214Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 15 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:52 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ wrote:Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 15 65w4Tm5

okay but can we talk about this for a sec

Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 15 Tumblr_n7y6d3OwW41rz1zo5o1_500

IM SORRY IM SUCH A TALKATIVE HOST I LITERALLY CANNOT SHUT UP EVER

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

215Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 15 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:53 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Well, chinomi did vote for Tiki? Though Cure has highlighted it as being scummy to a degree.

edit: hmmm but why the hesitation on Aeiou, particularly. That is unusual.

Last edited by Luxaria on Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

216Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 15 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:53 pm

Aeiou

Aeiou

Omg that blush is so good. Was it mentioned that all town are vanilla? I DIDN'T REALIZE I'M SORRY whoop

217Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 15 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:55 pm

chinomi

chinomi

i did rush backreading yes

ALSO I LITERALLY JUST VOTED FOR TIKI HOW AM I RELUCTANT WHAT IS THIS BULLYING GOSH REAL HIGH SCHOOL VOLLEYBALL TEAM RIGHT HERE GOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

218Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 15 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:56 pm

Cure

Cure

Alright. Menacingly cracks knuckles.

If there was a pass counterclaim coming, it would have happened by now. For the rest of the game the ONLY people I will trust implicitly are as follows:

► Kiyoko
► Luxaria
► Rasei

All three of these people have been unequivocally cleared as town by the (former. rip) mechanics of the game, and anyone who tries to throw shade on them is incorrect or mafia. That's just how it goes.

Anything said by the three of them I will trust is, while not necessarily factually true (they don't know who maf is any more than the rest of us), at the very least honest and pro-town.

Let's move on to everyone else, which consists of ten people (myself included) four of which are mafia. Only six people in the following list are town.

► Cure
► Entelechy
► Tiki The Troll
► Cur3/T3tsuya
► High Seraph
► Sammiya
► Aeiou
► Chinomi
► ezzelin
► Drandahl

► Cure
Me. I'll start with myself just to get it out of the way. I have been playing extremely pro-town, I have been the most vocal person in the thread, and have been posting a lot of clarifications/strategies that I honestly would not have done if I were mafia in a game like this (where Mafia wants as little discussion as possible so they can hide). You might WIFOM it up and say "But Cure, you're the queen of Mafia Gambits, why should I believe you're not doing it this time!!". Yeah, I guess? But usually weird gambits rely on actually having a role other than being vanilla and using it to clear/bus someone.

We're all vanilla, there's really not anything crazy I could be doing here. Also, I've been doing my best to make sure people aren't getting hung up on things that don't matter, or misinterpreting the mechanics of the game (something mafia would want us to do).

There's pretty much no reason for me to be so aggressive right out of the gate on d1 if I'm mafia in a game of this type of flavor. This is very different from the aforementioned Snowball Bash game, where I bussed my teammate because he didn't know I was his teammate..

Conclusion: I am town. You don't necessarily have to 100% believe I'm town, but Kiyo and Lux believe I'm town and I 100% believe they are town. Anyone who side-eyes me will be side-eyed threefold.

► Entelechy
I don't know Entelechy personally or anything about them. I don't know if they've played mafia before, or if they're completely new and unfamiliar to the game. I'm inclined to believe they have some mafia experience, even if it's not with any of us. Just based on things they've said, they seem more confused about the statistics of the pass percentages than the actual mechanics of Mafia The Game.

That said, I don't know what to think. I am slightly suspicious of them, based on the fact that most of their speculation has been centered around the percentage statistics, and they seemed to be trying to deter us from passing to safe numbers (which might get the safe number killed, yes, but it also keeps town in general relatively safe compared to passing to random people all willy nilly). This in particular from their first post

Entelechy wrote:Isn't revealing the number of the person you passed to kinda a death warrant for the number revealed, then, since it gives the other town people a number that they know they can pass to safely for certain, given that someone has already passed to them and survived?

I know its to my disadvantage to point this out (I could hoard these safe numbers to pass to myself), but this is a practice match, after all.

To me, this suggests an interesting dynamic, where people might claim passes, but not the number to whom they passed least they consign that person to death next night. So while a Home person could reveal a pass number, the other Home team would have excellent motive to lynch that person, least they spill their own jersey number next as someone safe to pass to. Revealing jersey numbers, then, would be an end-game strategy, like the detective revealing who they are.

Pinged my radar quite a bit, because sharing any and all information in vanilla games is way more beneficial to town than it is to mafia who already has a leg up on us, and honestly doesn't care who is what number at all because they serve to usernames and do not pass at all. Our jersey numbers don't really matter to them beyond knowing possible trends on who we pass to so they might be able to more accurately kill who they want to. But... I mean, in normal games they can already kill who they want to so that's really not the WORST thing that could happen. The worst thing that could happen is us not sharing information! The scuminess of this hinges on Entelechy's experience with mafia in genera, though.

Entelechy wrote:If you don't hear from me again before rollover, everyone seems to hold Kiyoko in high regard, so I will vote as they do.

I think this is interesting to say that they'll just go with whatever another player says because people hold them in high regard. Mafia win games by being active speculators and getting town to follow them, and do so a lot. It would make more sense to say that they'd follow whatever Kiyo says because Kiyo has been cleared as town by the mechanics of the game, rather than because other people trust them. Could also be newbie things too. IDK MAN.

Conclusion: Kinda suspicious, kinda not suspicious. I don't know how to read them because I have never played with them. I would vote them if the people I trust were to agree with my suspicions on them, but for now I'm content to leave them alone as we have scummier fish to fry.

► Tiki The Troll
Disclaimer: The following is speculation on the most chaotic neutral, nonsensical person I have ever played mafia with. I cannot read this person. I have never been able to read this person. This person does whatever they want regardless of what team they're on so dissecting their posts might come up with nothing, but I'll be damned if I don't try. I'm going all out here, okay?

Tiki is always scummy, this is a given. His first post after rollover was very strange, because Tiki usually likes to come in and derail speculation with RP posts, so the fact that he made a very consise, ~10 word post is very strange to me. I'd almost say it was like someone told him to make sure he posted in thread so he wouldn't get side-eyed for being quiet? He clearly didn't have time to make a more substantial post, and in the past he usually just waits to post whenever he has time, so going out of his way to do so quickly just... seems like he's being directed. Might be reading too much into it, though.

The first thing Tiki did upon hopping into thread was immediately start side-eyeing me (while pretending to seem like he wasn't). Casting doubt on the most active (uncleared) townie is a maf thing to do.

Conclusion: I am always willing to vote for Tiki, even if we're on the same team so I think it goes without saying that I'm willing to vote for Tiki. I do think he's scummier than usual (somehow), and I'm getting a couple vibes that he has a guiding hand telling him what to do (which would mean a player that takes charge while mafia is mafia, and since me, Kiyo, and Lux are all town, my brain falls back to Tet who I know hasn't been paying any attention to this game... so... hmmMMmmm maybe Lucas)

► Cur3/T3tsuya
So I threw a little bit of baseless suspicion on Tet earlier in the thread, but for what it's worth he hasn't really done anything to dissuade it. I know because of Reasons that he really hasn't been paying attention to the thread, but I actually don't know if that makes him more likely to be town or mafia.

He only posted like once and didn't seem to be updated on the changes/clarifications regarding the passing/spiking PMs.

Conclusion: I will vote him if given a good reason to do so, but you guys are absolutely not allowed to lynch him unless I say you can (or Kiyo says you can). If he's mafia, we'll get to him eventually.

► High Seraph
Lucas is running around like a chicken with his head cut off yelling about numbers. He provided some speculation, but it wasn't really anything new relative to what other people had suggested. He did try to suggest that the NK was probably Rasei over Kiyo/Lux, which was a little weird, but Lucas is a little weird and I don't know what to think about Lucas, guys. If none of the other loud speculators are maf, Lucas (or Dylan) is probably mafboss this round, fwiw.

Conclusion: I am getting lazy about typing all of these out and am not even backreading the thread a whole lot any more so I can get this up before rollover. I'm not sure what to think about Lucas at this point, but I would vote him if given a good reason to.

► Sammiya
Sammie didn't say much when she posted initially. She still hasn't really said much. She seemed to agree with the theory that Lux/Rasei were the NK instead of Kiyo which is interesting. Also claimed not to like numbers/percentages and hasn't really said much beyond that.

Conclusion: Idk what to think about Sammie. I'm sorry, friends.

► Aeiou
I'm not going to speculate on someone who is about to get lynched because it seems like a waste of time, also I have 40 minutes (as of now) to get this post written before rollover, so I might not even have time to finish it before phase end and it would BE A WASTE.

UM... IDK WHAT TO THINK ABOUT HER MOST RECENT POST. WHAT.

► Chinomi
Chinomi is always hard to read, because Chinomi does what Chinomi does, and Chinomi is pretty consistently Chinomi regardless of alignment. I will say that her posts have been reading to me a lot like how she posted in Gakuen S1 (which I just finished rereading by the way so I'd know), in which we were mafia together so...

I WILL SAY the most recent post she made while I'm currently typing this up does NOT in any way dissuade me from thinking she's mafia. Like... not even a little bit. ALSO SHE JUST VOTED TIKI AND TIED THE VOTE BETWEEN HIM AND VOWELS.

Conclusion: I would vote Chi for benching.

► ezzelin
Has mostly been posting about statistics and math percentages. if Entelechy is maf, I don't think ezz is. They have mostly been discussing it with each other, and if they were both mafia I don't think they'd feel the need to have the conversation publicly on the thread.

Conclusion: I don't know how to feel about ezz. On the one hand, I think fixating on the statistics is unnecessary and draws us away from talking about more important things, but on the other hand ezz just seems to REALLY. LIKE. MATH.

► Drandahl
He voted for Tet without my permission. I'll kill him. Dylan is as scummy as ever like... When kiyo FOSed him he came back and made a post that did like 0 to encourage her to take her vote off him, and read to me like him trying to avoid giving her a reaction that was likely to make her leave her vote (Like what happened in Gakuen S2).

Dylan makes a lot of RP/fluff posts when he's trying to fly under the radar, and he just... seems really scummy to me this time. He always seems scummy to me every time though so this isn't really helpful for me to say.

Conclusion: I would definitely vote Dylan for benching if he doesn't change his vote

► General Thoughts
I think mafia is more likely to be the people who are fixating on things like the exact number percentage statistics because they honestly don't matter in the grand scheme of speculation, and they bog down the thread by getting people to focus on that as the subject of discussion rather than something more important. I will say that I think it's incredibly unlikely that Entelechy and ezzelin are both mafia. I wouldn't rule out one or the other, however.

I feel like the town members are the ones that are more likely to care about the pass mechanics (not the percentages), and also the ones more likely to ask the host clarification questions. If Kiyo/Lux hadn't already been cleared by making passes last night, I'd be willing to believe they were town simply based on the fact that both of them were actively asking the host for clarifications that only really matter to town. I feel like the people who might make false assumptions about mechanics (Passing to usernames, claiming numbers, number of passes, whatever else you could think of) are more likely to be mafia because the passing mechanics actually aren't important to any of them and do not affect them in any way, so they are much MUCH MUCH less likely to be like "Wait, how does this thing work" or notice things that are confusing because they aren't even thinking about them.

Also people who are saying things like GEE... NUMBERS. WOW THIS IS CONFUSING!! And not much else are gonna get side-eyed because it's... really not that confusing if you just read the thread and what people have provided. The specific ~PASS CHANCE STATISTICS~ really aren't that important in the long run (safe number = good, unsafe number = risky is all you really need), and I implore everyone not to get hung up on them because it'll stagnate discussion.

UM I AM GOING TO WRAP THIS UP RIGHT NOW I GOT KIND OF LAZY I DOn'T REALLY UNDERSTAND HOW PEOPLE CAN HAVE THE MOTIVATION TO MAKE STUPID LONG SPECPOSTS ALL THE TIME THIS IS SO TEDIOUS. I LIKE BEING CONCISE. THIS IS NOT CONCISE. Also rollover is about to happen and I want this up before rollover. Um... stuff happened with Vowels/Tiki votes while I was writing this so it might be slightly outdated now. Cries.

Last edited by C☆r☆ on Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

219Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 15 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:57 pm

chinomi

chinomi

i didnt vote for aeiou because i dont find no-lynches suspicious these days thats old news bruh bruh bruh people who are mafia know better now DONT YOU GET THAT FEEL ALSO??? SO I VOTED FOR TIKI THATS WHYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

AAAAAAAAAAAA
ZABUMBDA BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
ZAZAFEEKZAMMIBAAAAAAAAAAA

220Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 15 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:57 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

re: chinomi vote

idk man, it's just the whole noncommittal attitude towards that vote but chinomi seems like a pretty noncommittal person anyway so idek

but Tiki's weird refusal to vote for either Aeiou or chinomi and Aeiou's vote still on NL and chinomi's vote bringing it up to a tie is just a really weird situation to me. I don't even know what to think about it.

221Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 15 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:57 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

And she calls me a great wall.

222Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 15 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:58 pm

chinomi

chinomi

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ wrote:idk man, it's just the whole noncommittal attitude towards that vote but chinomi seems like a pretty noncommittal person anyway so idek

its true im single

Last edited by chinomi on Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

223Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 15 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:59 pm

chinomi

chinomi

HOW DO I POST

224Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 15 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:59 pm

Aeiou

Aeiou

SHRUG!!

Plz spare me RNG god

EDIT: or uhh there's that, did that just happen

Last edited by Aeiou on Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

225Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 15 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:59 pm

Entelechy

Entelechy

I hella don't feel qualified to break this tie, as I really can't read any of these people well enough to tell who is the better candidate for benching. Given my limited knowledge, however, and the points people are making, I guess I will go with Tiki? Yay Mob Mentality!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 52]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 33 ... 52  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum