Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win]

+12
T3tsuya
Entelechy
Cure
Luxaria
Sammiya
Mr. Alice
nautilus
drandahl
ezzelin
chinomi
Rasei
Tiki The Troll
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 29 ... 52  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 52]

76Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 6 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:39 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

► The home team (town) will pass the ball three times in total, with the serve counting as pass one
► If the third pass is not to a spiker, the final person will be benched

So...

Mafia Serve (Pass #1) -> Town #1 Passes (Pass #2 / PM) -> Town #2 Passes (Pass #3 / PM) -> Town #3 Spikes (Spikes / PM as if Pass)

Correct?

77Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 6 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:41 pm

Cure

Cure

Another thing of note: We can easily deduce what numbers people are NOT based on who they passed to, and also which numbers are likely town (though we only know 3/4 for sure because the spiker may have been passing to a mafia member without knowing it, so we can't be sure that all four numbers are safe to pass to).

Idk if this is entirely a good idea, because it helps narrow down who is what number for mafia? but we also pass the ball back and forth between ourselves and it's probably safest to know WHO we're passing to? Also, mafia already knows what numbers they are already so this list doesn't really harm us when compared to Not Having Info.

@lux yes that's what I said

78Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 6 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:43 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

C☆r☆ wrote:Idk if this is entirely a good idea, because it helps narrow down who is what number for mafia?

According to front page, mafia serves to usernames, so trying to deduce numbers does not hurt town.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

79Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 6 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:44 pm

Cure

Cure

If all people are telling the truth:

Kiyoko - Cannot be 9
Luxaria - Cannot be 8
Cure - Cannot be 8/9

Likely town* - 8, 9

*(barring spiker spiking to maf)

80Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 6 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:44 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

Luxaria wrote:
► The home team (town) will pass the ball three times in total, with the serve counting as pass one
► If the third pass is not to a spiker, the final person will be benched

So...

Mafia Serve (Pass #1) -> Town #1 Passes (Pass #2 / PM) -> Town #2 Passes (Pass #3 / PM) -> Town #3 Spikes (Spikes / PM as if Pass)

Correct?

as of this phase, yes. Spiking/benching does not count as a pass. So, if the last person was not a spiker, it would be:

Mafia Serve (Pass #1) -> Town #1 Passes (Pass #2 / PM) -> Town #2 Passes (Pass #3 / PM) -> Town #3 dies is benched.

if that makes sense?

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

81Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 6 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:45 pm

Cure

Cure

idk if you actually want player input, but I think giving the spiker the pass pm is actually a good idea because it helps the mafia a little bit (when the number pass claiming helps town a little bit) because town cannot be sure that all four numbers are town since one of them was actually spiked

82Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 6 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:46 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

I thought of the consequences of mafia knowing the numbers, but... hm.

Mafia can't guarantee their target will get the ball--unless they avoid their target and hope someone else will pass to them?

There's also the problem of not knowing for certain the immediate sequence of passes, so the spiker's pass target might be, as said, mafia.

Deduction and process of elimination seems like it will be useful in a few phases when we have more pass claims and can figure out which paths were the likely ones based off of what numbers we deduce for the players.

There's pros/cons to it, though the pros seem better in the long-term?

@ Cure

Sorry, I was typing it up while you typed yours, and you beat me to it. :E

@ Ninfia

yes!

83Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 6 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:47 pm

Rasei

Rasei

Still at work, but I want to say I passed the ball to #10

84Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 6 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:48 pm

Cure

Cure

Interesting.

C☆r☆ wrote:If all people are telling the truth:

Kiyoko - Cannot be 9
Luxaria - Cannot be 8
Rasei - Cannot be 10

Cure - Cannot be 8/9/10

Likely town* - 8,9,10

*(barring spiker spiking to maf)

If we get more than one more claim, at least one of these people is lying. Also, at least one of these people was a spiker during the last night phase, and will not be a spiker the next night phase.

Edit: for now I'm willing to believe everyone's pass claims. It makes sense that people who passed the ball would quickly step forward to say that they did so, and I'll be slightly less likely to believe any claims that come in later in the phase (especially if they're counterclaims)

Last edited by C☆r☆ on Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

85Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 6 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:50 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

C☆r☆ wrote:idk if you actually want player input, but I think giving the spiker the pass pm is actually a good idea because it helps the mafia a little bit (when the number pass claiming helps town a little bit) because town cannot be sure that all four numbers are town since one of them was actually spiked

okay, that's what I'd had in mind, so I'm glad this occurred to you too. I will mull it over a bit and definitely get back to everyone. I will stop!!! doubting myself!!!

as it stands, I will not change anything then, and we'll play it by ear ;w;

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

86Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 6 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:52 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

I am... inclined to believe all of the claims so far, actually!

I am also inclined to believe that Raiechu is town despite not receiving the ball, because her spec has been on point.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

87Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 6 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:52 pm

Cure

Cure

ACTUALLY... Coach-san, are spikers completely rnged? Could one person randomly end up being a spiker twice in a row, or will the spikers ALWAYS be different people the following night.

88Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 6 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:55 pm

Cure

Cure

I am inclined to believe that all the claimers so far are probably town as well. For now.

ALSO, weirdly super specific speculation coming in right now. Based on our ratio of 9:4, and based on the fact that I don't think I have EVER been in a game where all three of us were town (and it is probably some percentage that I am too lazy to figure out), and thirdly based on the fact that I'm willing to believe Kiyo is town for now, I am most suspicious of T3tsuya out of anyone in the game even though he's not even here. Not enough to vote him, and it is entirely based on this PROBABILITY of the three of us being on the same team.

but it's there. scowls @ him from across the net.

89Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 6 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:56 pm

Sammiya

Sammiya
Admin

Okay. I'm believing the information so far. It all makes sense overall.

The question comes in on how voting should go, kind of. We don't have a lot of info to go off of so far.

The intended NK target is among Luxaria, Rasei, and Kiyoko though! That's helpful to know.

Also, to be clear: There are four mafia and nine town, correct?

https://crywolf.rpg-board.net

90Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] - Page 6 Empty Re: Practice Match Mafia [Away Team Win] Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:58 pm

Cure

Cure

Based on the three claimed passes so far, I'm going to go out on a limb and say Kiyo was probably the initial NK target (which would actually lower my Almost Non-Existent suspicion of Tet, but whatever I'm still going to scowl at him).

Last edited by C☆r☆ on Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 52]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 29 ... 52  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum