Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Welcome to Katabasis Station, Work Shift 4

+10
Rasei
drandahl
ezzelin
Aeiou
high seraph
Ninfia
Mr. Alice
Kiyoko
Luxaria
Entelechy
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 41]

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

After careful deliberation with myself, here's how I have decided to choose a room:

Welcome to Katabasis Station, Work Shift 4 - Page 3 Tumblr_lpdnp3NB0F1qjnbaco1_500

I am seriously pleased that this pagetopped.

Rasei

Rasei

Should we elect four or five people to go there then? That way we know if someone doesn't go there?

Welcome to Katabasis Station, Work Shift 4 - Page 3 14-92

nautilus

nautilus

Well, 3 people would be enough I think to confirm that a ship task will happen! o/

tl;dr I think priority should be on engineering, and then ??? everything else.

I feel like if we preplan who goes into what room, the infected individuals are likely going to target someone who doesn't go into a designated "everyone and their mother needs to go into this room" room. Hm.

Rasei

Rasei

I'm not sure how much we should preplan on this, through we need at least two other people to go to the engineering room.

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

In terms of room importance, engineering also greatly benefits the infected as the ship will blow up without us going there. That being said, it's not absolutely vital we go there this phase, if I read correctly? We have two more phases afterwards to do it. It's high priority, but I don't think it's n0 vital.

I think this phase should prioritize protecting the detective role (because that should go to a crew member) and the bomb role (because that could seriously fuck us up) from getting into mafia hands. The server room also looks pretty important, but we only have so many people. I'm willing to commit to going to the medbay if two other people do so, because that works heavily in our favour-- being able to lynch someone and check someone's alignment in one phase.

I'll also put it out there that I'm willing to go on the spacewalk whenever that happens since it has to be done.

one thing that kinda throws me about this game is it looks like there's gonna be like a billion different votes going on at the same time. I think we're going to have a lot of information to work with in the coming phases. so I think we should work that to our advantage. the more people voting on various things each phase, the more we can read between the lines.

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Wow, okay. So I totally misread it as we need three people in the engineering room every phase for the first three phases.

In that case. I actually wonder if the best course of action might be to run around and pick up all the gear on N0 and N1 and then rush the engineering room on N2?

I actually need to reread the first post in order to grasp everything but I'm in the middle of something right now, so I'll be back later (probably tomorrow) with a longer post.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

Entelechy

Entelechy

I have been reminded that I will not be home to post rollover at 9pm tomorrow.

I can either post early at 7pm EST, or late at 11:30pm.

Which would you folks prefer?

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

I say early because I don't want to suffer for longer

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

eventually let's just all go to the galley and have a nice peaceful meal before more people die ok that is my only wish i came onto this ship thinking katabasis was katamari and i was wrong, i was so, so wrong, mother please forgive me i've been an awful child please don't grieve for me too long when i'm gone

also i too would prefer earlier rollover

ezzelin

ezzelin

blaire how do you even exist without just spontaneously combusting

and re: room planning
I think it's probably best if we try to grab as much gear as we can on N0 and then fix the thing... and even then we should still try to keep people around in crucial rooms to avoid maf getting gear we don't want them getting.

I'll... try to come up with a more solid plan once my brain is not like a slowly buffering video orz

Luxaria

Luxaria

Ninfia wrote:In terms of room importance, engineering also greatly benefits the infected as the ship will blow up without us going there.

This causes the infected to lose, too, though. Which is really tempting in case things go incredibly awful for town, but at that point we'd only have a few phases to determine if we have multiple infected among us, or lost out on grabbing a lot of roles. With this in mind, infected can probably brute force the repair due to their numbers, so.

/shrug

I do think the idea of running about to grab a bunch of roles is probably a good idea, but then that also spreads out our numbers such that we're more vulnerable. Someone could go to get a role for town (like in the Medbay), grab it, and then end up infected and bring it onto the other team. But then if town doesn't head there, infected can just grab the protect anyway.

But then if we coordinate where people are going, we run the risk of infected just grabbing the role powers we didn't prioritize. This... seems like a close to lose-lose situation N0. I would ordinarily venture that our best bet would be to prioritize about 3-4 rooms with the strongest town-leaning role powers and emphasize heading there... but then... If we're all there, we can't guarantee anyone gets role powers, and infected can go elsewhere unimpeded. At least in this scenario, infected would be more likely to just kill a player, rather than having the number of infected boosted.

I guess the one plus side on N0 is that it's impossible for someone to get a role power and die N0, since to get a role power you'd have to be alone, and the only way to die N0, as far as I can tell, is to be contaminated while in a room with one or more crew in it.

I'll... need to think on this more to form an opinion, but I'm reading it like this:

A)
Spread out to grab role powers. More chance of grabbing roles for town. Largest chance of a town grabbing a role and converting to mafia with it. Most chance of blocking mafia from grabbing roles.

B)
Stick together in high priority rooms. No chance of losing priority powers N0. Largest chance of preventing the increase of mafia numbers N0. Largest chance of mafia grabbing role powers of their choosing. Also puts town's plans out in the open for mafia to work around.

There's also the unsaid guarantee that players are going to be more likely to gravitate towards certain areas of the ship that look most pro-town. So without saying anything, we might snag some sense of prioritized roles regardless of plan.

Other thought:

We could assign 3 people to head to engineering N0. This guarantees the ship is fixed and it also guarantees one role can't fall into mafia's hands, and mafia might be less likely to target anyone from that pool of players (if we're treating it as a pseudo-protect of sorts? idk). However, choosing these three players is awkward at this stage in the game. Especially because from questions I directed at Duck, if it's mafia in a room with their target, the target will be treated as isolated and convert. So if we're really goddamn unlucky, we would end up sending 1 town into engineering to get converted with the other 2 mafia. Also, potentially up to 3 town aren't out and grabbing roles. So, I don't know.

Edit: though, I suppose one advantage to focusing around a few rooms means we up our chances of being able to perform a ship task if we hit the amount of 3 or more players in the room. So that's another variable to consider.

Entelechy

Entelechy

Quick Question:

Is the unique flavour text I PM'd everyone worthwhile? Did you enjoy it/found it helped set the mood? Is it worth doing at the end of every Work Shift?

Also, no one can post theirs until the game is done since it would reveal alignment >.>

Luxaria

Luxaria

I liked it! It set the mood for the game and setting quite well.

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

I really enjoyed my flavor text! If it won't burn you out writing so much every phase, I'd love more flavor, but really, only take on as much as you think is fun for you.

re: room choices, idk man, should we just yolo it? I feel like trying to preplan it just makes it easier for maf to plan. We can't explore and ship task at the same time right? So maybe we can designate some rooms as Explore rooms and some rooms as Ship Task rooms and if you go to one of those rooms do the thing. Still trying to wrap my head around these mechanics, but uh.

Fun facts according to Duck:

• The Experimental Cure in the laboratory can convert existing maf to town (and not just people who start out town and get converted)
  • The flamethrower is a revenge kill, not a bomb

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

Aeiou

Aeiou

vote: #yolo

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum