Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6

+22
lulu
deo
angel★
Pan
Mr. Gerbear
Tiki The Troll
Kiyoko
Entelechy
nautilus
Rasei
T3tsuya
alcasync
Aeiou
Mr. Alice
Sammiya
ezzelin
plotstickers
high seraph
drandahl
Ninfia
Luxaria
Cure
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 38 ... 58  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 58]

271Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:40 am

Aeiou

Aeiou

I have an idea on the language and I think it's not a known language so its not something I think we will be able to decipher. Does anyone think anything happened to them that wasn't mentioned in rollover? I just feel like an action has been obscured

272Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:42 am

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

i'd like to think i'm good at identifying languages, but anyway it's apparent that that weird bit on rollover is either code or gibberish. It just looks like random characters from various scripts.

ՂՂԶՐՐՐՐ - Armenian
ᑞ ᒢᔟᕶᕶ ᗲ - Canadian Aboriginal Syllabics
৩৩৭ - Bengali
〰 - random wavy symbol found in the Chinese/Japanese/Korean unicode set
ԴԴԴձձլ - Armenian again

*shrug* Is someone the Unicode manual?

273Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:57 am

eleni

eleni

hmm not too much to say re: rollover that hasn't been addressed tbh.

blaire!! of course i'm town /w\

lulu wrote:vote: eleni
... i feel like this is becoming a trend for me....?? im sorry....... i feel a NK on a mafia bulletproof to clear a teammate is more likely than the towndoc managing to hit the same target as the NK n0 in a game this large, especially after seeing the reasoning people have expressed so far regarding eleni being a strange n0 NK target for mafia.
i'm kind of... confused by this vote tbh. it doesn't really make sense imo for mafia to waste a bulletproof role immediately n0 to clear a teammate, but /shrugs. certainly it doesn't seem like everyone is now assuming i'm 100% cleared so if it was a mafia gambit it kind of failed.

but umm anyhow! i'm going to confirm that i was not the original kill target and i am pretty sure that it was the NK, not a vig kill/etc. which is unlikely anyway considering it's n0. so i probably won't be voting someone who was stunned/jailed last night because they couldn't have sent in the NK.

...which still leaves a ton of players and i have no idea who to vote for right now. i'd really like a lynch this phase though, considering the fact that there wasn't a kill last night.

274Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:41 am

lulu

lulu

1. imo if the gibberish isn't a decoy / red herring it's very plausibly an obscured action.
2. also imo it's highly unlikely it's any meaningful writing or cipher or otherwise decodable - assuming it's connected to a role that obscures actions, being able to decode it would make the entire role useless when the code is figured out.

if it's any kind of passive that obscures results, at least two players in the game should know who/what caused it (the player in question, plus the player who acted on them last night). it's also possible it's some kind of neutral action that obscures a random rollover action. it's also very possibly just... gibberish... i'm pretty sure the specifics'll become apparent after a few more night phases so i'm a little worried theorising too hard about it might end up derailing the day phase discussions...

Ninfia wrote:u hear about the new anime
I DID... I DID HEaR ABOUT IT... IM GOING TO DIE SAVE ME LAVI

275Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:08 am

Aeiou

Aeiou

Such cute words lulu

276Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:11 am

Ardonye

Ardonye

lulu wrote:
Cure wrote:Kills that fail due to the user being stunned/jailed will not show up in rollover
am i misreading this? the kill that failed on eleni was definitely due to her being protected or bulletproof, right? it's not possible that someone who was jailed or stunned sent in the NK?
Oh. Well then, my bad.

Where was thsi???? I don't see it on the front page? Am I blind?

http://ardonye.tumblr.com

277Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:34 am

Cure

Cure

@melondoge - I only said it a couple phases ago, no worries. we are a very disorganized hosr with much fur and feathers. we don't have real hands, you see.

@thepinksnakechan - everything lulu chan says is cute when paired with her avatar. UvU

(i debated quoting the vote talley but only two votes have happened and it was last page so that seems like so many vote talleys)

Pages AGO NOT PHASES SORRY

278Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:17 am

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

lulu wrote:
Ninfia wrote:u hear about the new anime
I DID... I DID HEaR ABOUT IT... IM GOING TO DIE SAVE ME LAVI

lavi can't save u until he gets his asS out of the chair its been planted in for four goddamn years, holy fuck. but yes i'm there with you.

as for lynching. Eleni has claimed now that she does not believe she was the orginal nk, which means either

a) an active kill lightning rod + bulletproof she used n0 (unlikely) or
b) a passive bulletproof + a bus/redirect or
c) someone protected another player who was the nk but both were bused onto her?

either way, if this is a mafia ploy, I figure that Eleni has multiple uses of a bulletproof, ala kiyoko in gauken. I'm not really inclined to think she's maf at this point though.

ummm I'd like to hear from ezz, t3t, ducky, deo, and/or five before I vote properly, but lets throw a

Vote: ezz until she posts or I feel inclined otherwise because she happened to be the first player on the playerlist I saw and didn't remember seeing a post from. please come here and hold my hand again I mean. play the murder kill game with me.

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

Five

Five

SLOW NIGHTS, BARBECUE RIBS, AND INFORMATION LYNCHES

Ordinarily, in a game of Mafia, players can expect at least one of their kind to be removed from the game every other phase1. Typically, this will be a town player, as members of the mafia have little reason to remove their own kind from the game2. A night phase that goes by without the death of a town player is cause for brief celebration, though the town must remain ever-vigilant into the day phase. It is taken to be true by a large number of mafia players that lynching a player will grant the town more information than choosing to lynch nobody. For that reason, it is customary to choose a player to be lynched based on which players in the game have partaken of the delicacy known as "barbecue ribs"3. It is my personal recommendation that we lynch someone who has not yet tasted this food4.

1Because removing the player from the game is called a "kill", and these phases are known as "night" phases, this kill is typically referred to as the "night kill", though other phrases such as "mafia kill" are not particularly uncommon.

2This is not a universal truth, merely a generality. For instance, a member of the mafia might target one of their own for death if it is known that that person will survive the attempt. Possible reasons for this include a "bulletproof" role which will protect the player from death or a "doctor" role who can protect another player, though both of these roles are more likely to exist in opposition to the mafia rather than within it.

3Sometimes known as "bbq ribs", this is a dish consisting of beef or pork rib meat, often served on the bone and cooked with a barbecue sauce of some sort.

4vote: Luxaria.

280Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:55 am

ezzelin

ezzelin

The D1 Spec Recipe

Total Time:
3 hr 30 min
Prep:
3 hours
Cook:
30 min

Yield:
24 servings

Level:
Medium

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon rollover
3 cups chopped flavour text hints
1 teaspoon chopped N0 actions
2 teaspoons crumpled message
1 teaspoon freshly ground sammiya
3 tablespoons Gibberish sauce
1/3 cup canned alcasync
1 tablespoon high seraph paste
2 1/2 pounds ground chinomi (81 percent lean)
1/2 cup plain dry eleni crumbs
2 extra-large busy days, beaten
1/2 cup FOS

Directions:
Mix rollover with flavour text hints and N0 actions. Some of them must be red herrings; today's look like a list of ingredients. They seem to be spiced with Noah's Ark, but that one hasn't been dipped in gray sauce, so it might not be the correct ingredient.

Add a crumpled message and half of high seraph paste. Mix until thoroughly connected; add to the mixture. This is not an essential ingredient in this recipe, so it may be skipped for now. Keep the mixture in the fridge for other dishes.

Slowly mix in the freshly ground sammiya and canned alcasync. Because both of these require a can opener, neither of them can be the can. Neither of these require cutting with a knife either, because we can safely assume that is needed for eleni crumbs, as a vigilante knife is unlikely to be needed in the first recipe.

Add the Gibberish sauce to the mixture to hide any unwanted flavours.

Mix together high seraph paste and ground chinomi; both fried on high heat. Neither of them is the oil, or can, or knife; and ground sammiya and canned alcasync also aren't oil. Carefully add to the mixture.

Eleni crumbs isn't something I'd expect to find in the first recipe, however it's the main ingredient of this dish. Maybe if you try to cut them, you will find your knife go numb. Maybe if you try to cut them, you will find them wrapped in thick dough that the knife just gets stuck in. I don't like Eleni crumbs as the main ingredient of this recipe, I've been looking forwards to sprinkling them on top.

Thoroughly knead all ingredients and pour them in a greased mold. Mix 2 extra large busy days, beaten, with 1/2 cup of FOS, and coat the dough with it richly. Bake 30 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 180°C. Serve hot.

281Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:42 am

Cure

Cure

Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 19 Ie6MZja

VOTES

LULU vs. eleni

CHINOMI vs. Mr. Alice

NINFIA vs. ezzelin T3tsuya

FIVE vs. Luxaria

ELENI vs. Lulu

RASEI vs. No Lynch
TOTALS

ELENI I

MR. ALICE I

LUXARIA I

LULU I

NO LYNCH I

Last edited by Cure on Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total

282Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:44 am

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

Unvote: Ezz

Vote: T3t

bring on ur word game, t3tsuya.

also, I'm assuming that Ezz may have picked a cookbook of some sort if they've got a legit typing quirk happenin' here.

283Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:13 am

eleni

eleni

umm lulu, did you see my post? ; w;

also omg ezz your recipe posts are adorable *_*

anyhow, getting down to voting...!! taking out sammiya, alca, high seraph, and chinomi who were either stunned/jailed, this still leaves quite a long list:

Spoiler:

taking out a few more people... Rasei said she won't be around much today because of work and nautilus said she might not have internet this week, so they're off my list. i'm also currently disinclined to vote for Ninfia and Ardonye (based on initial reads), as well as T3t (for reasons i'll explain below). obviously i'm not going to vote for myself either, so my new list is:

LUXARIA
DRANDAHL
PLOTSTICKERS
EZZELIN
MR. ALICE
AEIOU
ENTELECHY
TIKI THE TROLL
MR. GERBEAR
PANPANPANDY
ANGELSTAR
DEO
LULU
FIVE

so i'm pretty uncomfortable with the way the votes are currently spread out right now. considering that i believe at least half of the votes are on town, i'm going to state upfront that i know T3t was the original NK target. (edit barring any redirection shenanigans) i'll just leave it at that. so Ninfia, if you could take your vote off him... ; w;

i have to confess that i'm slightly sideeyeing lulu? her voting me kind of reminds me of her tunneling kiyoko in gakuen maf, since the maf knew that it would be difficult to kill her because of her role ability. likewise, i feel like since i survived a kill people would be less inclined to vote for me, so the maf would want to try and turn the situation into their advantage by saying that it was a ~mafia ploy~, etc. regardless though, i think that jumping to conclusions and voting me right off the bat for a reason that doesn't really hold up is kind of suspicious.

tl;dr i don't have any strong reads considering it's d1, but i think we should lynch someone today so i'm going to vote: lulu for now. open to changing my vote though! i'm at work but i'll probably be able to check the thread once in a while. o/

Last edited by eleni on Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total

284Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:25 am

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

Unvote as it was an activity vote at this point anyway. T3t, still, plz bring ur words.

Interesting. I would point out that Lulu initially tunneled kiyo while she was town, and was then converted that night phase, I believe. based on that and definitely not her love of dgm I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt for now and am not strictly inclined to vote for her.

Ducky said they were gonna be busy today/is still hosting the minigame, so while I'd probs vote for them next, meh. I can wait till next phase to press based on activity. I think at this point I'm waiting for Deo and t3t and lux to make comments but if I'm wrong please correct me.

we've still got some time to vote-- and since the penalty for not voting is pretty steep I'm not too worried about people not voting. We have... a lot of information but not a lot to actually go on because there's no way to really interpret said information yet.

I am in favour of a lynch today, because we learn less from no lynch, but I don't think anyone is gonna have anything solid to really go on until the next day phase, soooo idk.

285Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 19 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:28 am

Rasei

Rasei

vote: no lynch because I don't have a good feel on anyone and leaving for work in a moment.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 58]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 38 ... 58  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum