Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's the point of any of this? [Game End]

+15
Cure
deo
Cthulhuhoop
Aeiou
ezzelin
Sammiya
Mr. Alice
Five
high seraph
drandahl
Rasei
* Baccano Girl Jeanne *
Tiki The Troll
Ninfia
Luxaria
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 35 ... 46  Next

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 46]

Cure

Cure

Deo! The point is that mafia can target whomever they want!! Mafia seems to be choosing semi-unsual targets, which means they're either!!! A: A team that comprises of very active speculators and are killing quieter players or stranger targets in order to avoid suspicion being cast on them when the active players drop one by one but they're still alive!!!! and B: They're not a team of active speculators, but they're killing unusual targets anyway to frame the active speculators!!!!! I'm not sure why you'd think they wouldn't be doing this!!!!!! We're all vanilla and mafia can kill whoever they want, there's really no reason to not kill the most talkative people first unless they want to be sneaky!!!!!!! Which it seems like they're doing!!!!!!!!!!!!! I forgot how many exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Entelechy

Entelechy

A pure vanilla game would be the best time to RNG. I mean, I haven't been around enough to confirm this to be true, but I remember in Ninfia's all vanilla game, it was said alot that we needed to analyze NK targets, that that is how to crack the mafia. But if they make the NK targets truly random, you are destroying our prime channel for information. We might find patterns still, but it would be apophenia.

However, that is no reason not to analyze the targets, because if we stopped analyzing the targets, then the mafia could shift to picking targets.

Anyway. I'll vote for anyone who has been mafia when Ezzelin was killed early in another game.

My top three picks are (alphabetically) Blair High Lucas and Tiki, since all of them were in a mafia with Ezz killed ealry, and two of them (High Lucas, tiki) were in two mafias when Ezz was lynched early (noting that Tiki died early in one of those games), and all three have been pretty quiet so far this game. I know that its not nice to lynch inactive players, and I know that mafia also use that to hide, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The reason Blaire makes the top three list is because if it is a random strategy, then I am inclined to think Tiki or Blaire are behind it. Maybe I am misjudging Blaire, though, honestly, they are such a wild card to me.

Other people... in alphabetical order, Cure, Five, Mitsu, Ninfia are all strong spec people that I would suspect mafia would be hiding in if they were trying to mask their presence by sniping non-strong spec people. Of these, Five and Ninfia are the ones who have been quiet-ish this game, but I think they both tend to start games kinda quiet? Is that normal town behavior for them, could someone whose played more with them confirm, please?

I don't like the way Dran has kinda sunk outta sight, but to be fair its dran's nature to appear scummy and also kinda did too, so I don't want to glass house things.

I'm not doing the exclamation point thing.

Cure

Cure

Entelechy wrote:A pure vanilla game would be the best time to RNG.

Maybe, but an even better strategy with a pure vanilla game is to take out the people with the strongest instincts, logic/reasoning skills, and most active contributions to the thread! In a vanilla game everyone's value is based on their in-thread activity!! You want to take out the strongest speculators!!! Sure, you can just RNG your targets, but you'd only do that if your team IS active speculators or wants town to only focus on the active speculators!!!! Of course, mafia could have just decided to employ this strategy because I pointed it out yesterday and made a list of people to watch out for if it started happening!!!!! :V

For what it's worth, I think it's likely mafia definitely has a couple very strong players in their ranks!!!!!!! Also, Five is currently at the top of my suspect list (SORRY NICKELBACK) followed by Ninfia!!!!!!!!

Also, um... in ninfia's all vanilla game we said we COULDN"T analyze the NK targets because none of them were direct NK targets!!!!!!!!!!!!

Entelechy

Entelechy

† ☾u♪e † wrote:
Entelechy wrote:A pure vanilla game would be the best time to RNG.

Maybe, but an even better strategy with a pure vanilla game is to take out the people with the strongest instincts, logic/reasoning skills, and most active contributions to the thread! In a vanilla game everyone's value is based on their in-thread activity!! You want to take out the strongest speculators!!! Sure, you can just RNG your targets, but you'd only do that if your team IS active speculators or wants town to only focus on the active speculators!!!! Of course, mafia could have just decided to employ this strategy because I pointed it out yesterday and made a list of people to watch out for if it started happening!!!!! :V

For what it's worth, I think it's likely mafia definitely has a couple very strong players in their ranks!!!!!!! Also, Five is currently at the top of my suspect list (SORRY NICKELBACK) followed by Ninfia!!!!!!!!

Also, um... in ninfia's all vanilla game we said we COULDN"T analyze the NK targets because none of them were direct NK targets!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought we also said we needed to try to figure out who the initial NK targets were because that's what we would gain a lot of information from? And that's how a previous vanilla game had been cracked?

As someone who has only played one game with Five before, could you please help me understand why they made the top of your list? I am not arguing against your choice, I don't know them as well as you, and would like to understand what you are seeing.

Cure

Cure

duck wrote:I thought we also said we needed to try to figure out who the initial NK targets were because that's what we would gain a lot of information from? And that's how a previous vanilla game had been cracked?
This was only for D1. It wasn't relevant once there was no way to tell who had actually been passed to. In normal vanilla games (this is a normal vanilla game), the NK target is the only information you get. Sure, you can RNG targets to obfuscate information, but then you'll be letting dangerous players potentially live a long time.

zzzz too lazy for exclamation points but I'll keep up colored text.

Re: Five- Because Rasei flipped town and Five sort of lead the lynch on her when she'd previously had no votes for her. It's not enough for me to vote for her or anything, and I'm definitely not going to be voting until later in the phase. Five's also a WORTHY FOE for the opposing team, so I would be kind of spooked by a mafia with her on it.

Ninfia's posts seem a little off to me, but I also know she likes killing off strong players early... but I also also know that she knows I know that so she'd probably not do it this time if she's mafia. =v=

I don't think we should necessarily look at people who were mafia when Ezzelin was killed before. Especially since in Ninfia's game Ezzelin died because Sammie (town) passed to her. It... honestly doesn't matter. Especially if you think targets are being RNGed.

Entelechy

Entelechy

If I were mafia (and I'm not mafia), I would RNG it. As you said, in a vanilla game NKs are the only true information you get, so if you do RNG it, then the town would get literally zero information from nights (still studying voting patterns, etc). So no matter how strong of spec players lived, they would be acting off static, not actual data. But that's just me and my thinking, and I know lots of people on this forum think differently than I do.

But I think we would still need to try to analyze the NK targets, because as I said, if we give up on doing so, it gives the mafia free license to pick off whoever they want.

And beyond that, two points of data is not nearly enough to take a guess at whether it is random or not. I am also going to wait a bit later in the phase, though, to vote, because I would really like to hear from Tiki, Blaire, Lucas, and... oh, actually, only those three.

I gotta admit the past few games have gotten me super suspicious of people who don't post much, so... please, speak up.

EDIT: Oh! And Jeanne11! So quite I forgot she was playing. I don't want to target a new player, because new player, but please do offer some speculation.

Cure

Cure

So you only want to hear from those three people out of the 13 other people playing? ... Well... o k ay.

Entelechy

Entelechy

† ☾u♪e † wrote:So you only want to hear from those three people out of the 13 other people playing? ... Well... o k ay.

Well, no, but those are the people who I feel really should raise their voice this turn. Tiki has played a lot of hang man, but I want to see more spec. I can't get past page one of their recent posts because of so much hangman and a website glitch.

High Lucas I forgot they had made a fair sized spec post on Wednesday, I though they hadn't' done any spec. I think I forgot it because of the nicknames... god Wednesday was rough for us in that regard.

Blair also has only made light contributions to spec, and voted No Vote (actually, Lucas did too, now that I check), which doesn't seem like a good choice in an all vanilla game (unless I am missing something).

And Jeanne hasn't posted any spec yet.

So, yes, of course, I want to hear from everyone, but those four in particular.

Cure

Cure

Both Lucas and Blaire have had real life issues that caused their low activity during the last phase, which they both said in their posts.

angel★

angel★

ahh! just popping in to say that it's once again thursday which means homework hell for me so i won't be very active until later in the phase unfortunately!! hopefully i'll have a chance to pop in later but no guarantees since it's my friend's birthday too!!! i'm sorry!!!! /o\!!!!!

Entelechy

Entelechy

† ☾u♪e † wrote:Both Lucas and Blaire have had real life issues that caused their low activity during the last phase, which they both said in their posts.

I either missed that or had not retained that information (probably missed it, because I think it would have retained it). Cool. Good to know. Thank you.

deo

deo

I think I understand that logic now, thanks! I still think as well, however, that I feel like mafia wouldn't be so... dangerous!! About leaving the active players alive when there's no reason to!!! But it's pretty much negligible so w/e lol!!!!

I'm also very likely to vote sqrt(25) today atm; would've yesterday but wanted to no lynch more! I think I explained that already!!

These exclamation points add alot of anger to these sentences this is not srs game this is fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

You guys should do the quirks! It gives me more opportunities to laugh at you all!! Obviously the point of any of this is my own personal amusement!!!

also, for posterity!!!!!!!:

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

drandahl

drandahl

Enteduck, I did say I'd be back tonight, but I kind of just watched the sunset and got clam chowder instead of coming straight home. I also took a nap and hung out with a friend of mine! And now I'm tired!!

But, regarding both the ezz and Sammiya NK...
People have already commented on this being either the effect of a talkative-player mafia or a quiet framing mafia. I just want to point out that it's possible that it's not entirely one or the other! I could still picture a mostly quiet mafia with one or two active players playing the strong town coordination game and steering votes into other normally active town players!!

In this case, Cure would be my primary suspect for the active maf player due to her behavior in-thread. That said, I'm just suggesting a case not quite covered so far! I'm not advocating for a lynch on Cure!! In fact, she's playing pretty consistent with how she normally plays town, though her town and maf styles are pretty similar!!!

Idk. I'll sleep on it! If this is RNG, I'll be focusing a little on the players I haven't been mafia with, since I haven't seen that come up much by players other than Cthulumint (though I could be forgetting)!!

Cure

Cure

It goes without saying that I'd be a primary candidate for mafia in a mafia that was employing either of those strategies. Hell, I even included myself in both lists when I suggested it on D1 (note that I was the first person to suggest this). If mafia isn't targeting LOUD PLAYERS, of course they'd rather frame me/get people to waste their time mislynching me than NK me if it was possible to do. I'm way more threatening as mafia than I am as town, so it's in mafia's best interests to make town think I'm mafia.

Also, the fact that I'm fixating on this being the likely case would be pretty strange if I were mafia and employing this tactic, right? You've been mafia with me, you know I don't really go blabbing about our actual strategies in thread. I could always suggest things such as "mafia might be newer players who don't know very much about everyone and don't know who to target" and throw out Duck/Jeanne/Five/etc as suspects.

I'm not nearly this active as mafia, honestly. If you go back and look at any game where I've been this aggressively early on (twitch maf, volley ball maf, santa hat, psycho-pass), I was town in all of them. This is pretty much my standard town playstyle. While similar, my mafia playstyle is much more low key comparatively. The only time I can remember actually trying to dominate discussion when I was mafia was snowball bash, where, for all intents and purposes, I was sort of town and my teammates didn't even know who I was.

I don't think you're actually casting much suspicion on me, nor am I particularly worried about getting lynched today. This is just a preemptive "consider this" in case anyone's fingers start getting pointy. I do find it strange that you're saying WELL CONSIDER CURE IF THIS IS THE CASE, when I think several people have mentioned me when pointing out who would be likely to employ said strategies. Including myself.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 46]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 35 ... 46  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum