Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

We are all mad here, are we not? OVER Town Win

+5
alcasync
Kiyoko
Tiki The Troll
Jaiser
drandahl
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 18]

Jaiser

Jaiser

...well, that confused things for me. Now I'm wondering if we have a "virgin" role in the game here [thank you again, Kiyo, for the guide!] Barrring a misdirection ploy, willing self-sacrrifice has little benefit to either side...why, it's got me absolutely puzzled.

Tell me, if you would, what specific benefit do you see in this death? I ask either the would-be hangmen or the hangee, or both, ideally.

http://jack-kaiser.deviantart.com/

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

That at least you get the dumbest player out of the way, haha. And then having my role revealed will give you guys more info. Though I mean I guess I could technically reveal it here normally, but I think I was told that might make mafia want to kill me more anyway? And that people might not believe me anyway or get more confused.

EDIT: Ok so it might be a bit of a loss for Town, oops. :( I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS SWEATS

alcasync

alcasync

Jaiser wrote:Tell me, if you would, what specific benefit do you see in this death? I ask either the would-be hangmen or the hangee, or both, ideally.

For me, it's not really a "it would benefit us if Mr Alice died" situation, it's kind of umm... like choosing the lesser evil, in my point of view? I shared my thoughts on this earlier, though.

That said, I don't think Mr. Alice is a virgin role or she would maybe be more encouraging of us killing her? Like, more like "Please vote me" rather than "I guess I'm okay with being voted." I think this is just a, "I recognize that I'm not a power player" kind of admission. A-ah I feel so bad saying that, I'm sorry Mr Alice! ;v;

I... A-as much as I sympathize with not knowing what to say, saying "I don't know what to say" isn't very helpful. If you think you're likely to get lynched anyway, you could always claim your role or your ability... Yes, if you have a powerful role, mafia will want to kill you, but at the same time if you're going to be lynched anyway it... kind of solves the problem of mafia killing you. I guess.

Edit: I know who the stunner and the jailer are now. I'll refrain from sharing this information unless we can determine if either of those roles are mafia.

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

No, no, don't feel bad, you're absolutely right, and I super agree with you! At this point I'm just trying to figure out how to best help Town, though I'm pretty sure I fudged that up pretty badly already. OTL

So any suggestions on that would be super nice! ; w ; If more people think that me revealing my role would help, then I can do that! It's kind of looking like I might end up doing that either way though, hmm!

Jaiser

Jaiser

Except that if we're not certain Mr. Alice is mafia, killing her puts us at even more of a disadvantage, does it not?

Hrm...this may prove an exercise in pointlessness, but I wonder. If you, Mr. Alice, had to vote on someone to be lynched right now, who would you choose and why? Obviously, no picking yourself. Your time in wonderland may indeed be drawing to a close, it seems, but that's no reason not to contribute your views on this merry band of reprobates.

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

tbh We're not sure if anyone is mafia, so by that logic we shouldn't kill anyone.

I'm also interested in knowing who Mr. Alice would vote for.

I'm actually leaning towards Cthulumints right now, myself, mostly based off a gut feeling that I think Mr. Alice is genuinely trying to do what's best for town. (I feel like if she had a mafia partner she could go to for advice, she wouldn't be all over the place like this?)

However, I'm torn, because alca does have a point.

Well, my cards are all out on the table. I have no information left to share, but I'm still open to questions if anyone has any. Hold on, I'm going to edit vote tally into this post.

VOTE TALLY
Cthuluhoop vs Mr. Alice
alcasync vs Cthuluhoop Cthuluhoop
drandahl vs Cthuluhoop Mr. Alice
Jaiser vs Kiyoko
Kiyoko vs Cthuluhoop

Mr. Alice II
Cthuluhoop II
Kiyoko I

Last edited by Kiyoko on Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

Jaiser

Jaiser

Kiyoko wrote:tbh We're not sure if anyone is mafia, so by that logic we shouldn't kill anyone.

True in the strictest sense, but Mr. Alice seems particularly unlikely to be mafia at this point in my view.

Cthulhuhoop

Cthulhuhoop

Why do you find Mr. Alice to be particularly unlikely mafia Jaiser? Is it because there has been a lot of the remaining players have singled them out?

Jaiser

Jaiser

Indirectly, yes, but primarily how they reacted to today's votes. My reasoning is similar to Kiyo's in that regard.

Cthulhuhoop

Cthulhuhoop

So aside from what I suggested you feel that Mr. Alice is "particularly unlikely" because you also have a gut feeling that Mr. Alice is trying to do what is best for town?

Jaiser

Jaiser

On thinking about it, that might not be how I'd put it. But essentially yes. I'm not seeing any benefit to a mafia player to let themselves be lynched without at least putting up a protest, since it more than halves their effectiveness (obviously loss of half the goons, but the remainder loses their ability to work directly with another player). While it could be a reverse psychology ploy, everything Mr. Alice has said so far syncs up with being the overwhelmed newbie. But that same inexperience doesn't equate to being better off dead; losing another town vote just makes it easier for the mafia to exert its influence each day. Which is hardly in the town's best interest in reality, but that train of thought seems more an issue with game unfamiliarity than anything else.

Though what I'm trying to figure out is which character has straw in their hair, stale air in their head, and possibly refers to mother. I feel like those were clues.

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

I'm going to do this. vote: Cthuluhoop

Because it's always been between Cthuluhoop and Mr. Alice for me, I just wasn't sure which to vote. I'm still not sure, but I can always change my vote if new information crops up.

Partially because of my gut feeling described above, but also because, like alca said, forcing a tie will help us get information. I don't really expect Mr. Alice to be able to effectively defend her way out of a tie as well as Cthulumints can, but I think whatever either of them say in order to defend themselves is potentially useful information.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

Cthulhuhoop

Cthulhuhoop

Has anyone mentioned the unlikely possibility that Mr. Alice could have been targeted by the mafia for the night kill yet?

Jaiser

Jaiser

What would they gain from killing her in your estimation?

Cthulhuhoop

Cthulhuhoop

I don't think they did try to kill Mr. Alice, I'm curious about whether anyone else had pointed out the possibility which had escaped my attention earlier. If Mr. Alice is mafia, then they have a partner. The possible benefit of such a targeting would be that it would be unexpected.

On the matter of defending myself, I'd like to know the reason behind the votes on me first.

I don't feel the need to defend myself against alcasync's vote since they basically placed a vote in order to maintain a tie/ they've said a couple times that they don't think I'm mafia.

Kiyoko's vote on me is presumably as they figure that the night kill was role-blocked. It's easier to ignore the other options because they don't give us names. And since they've voiced that they think that Mr. Alice is town, I'm the other player that was blocked.

Frankly, the idea is odd that either Mr. Alice or I sent in the night kill because we were both down at the bottom of Kiyoko's suspicion list (I'm not counting Kiyoko themself, or Tiki The Troll, the former because it was Kiyoko's list and the latter because they are dead town). Unless we were partnered with each-other you would think whoever our partner is would send in the kill, as Kiyoko's suspicion list seems to reflect the general suspicions of the thread. It's also unlikely that Mr. Alice and I are both mafia since I've been trying to get Mr. Alice lynched.

Which admittedly puts a hole in my wanting to vote Mr. Alice, since it seems far more likely that whoever their partner would be would send in the kill. unvote: Mr. Alice .

I should probably either keep my vote on Mr. Alice or vote Kiyoko as a safety measure however, I need to think more about the Mr. Alice situation and I also think Kiyoko is town simply because I don't see the benefit in a mafia claiming too have killed Tiki The Troll.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum