Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

We are all mad here, are we not? OVER Town Win

+5
alcasync
Kiyoko
Tiki The Troll
Jaiser
drandahl
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 18]

alcasync

alcasync

drandahl wrote:Well, to be open here, my reasoning also includes that it's better to not block possible investigative or defensive roles on N0 than to block a kill.

To be fair, we don't know if there are even investigative or defensive roles in the game, whereas we know for sure there's a night kill.

You didn't answer my question about the stunner and the jailer.

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Alas, my pagetop.

VOTE TALLY
Cthuluhoop vs Mr. Alice
alcasync vs Cthuluhoop Cthuluhoop
drandahl vs Cthuluhoop Mr. Alice
Jaiser vs Kiyoko

Mr. Alice II
Cthuluhoop I
Kiyoko I

Last edited by Kiyoko on Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

Jaiser

Jaiser

You do understand that, as a veteran, Kiyoko, your analysis of strategy means little beyond one possibility to capitalize on the current situation. Such engenders little but assumptions of more advanced deviancy.

Which leads to the second consideration. A new player at the chessboard of life, seeking to sow discord amongst the many for the benefit of the murderous few. Appreciate the skill and deftness, I can, but as member of the hamlet that I am, and though loathe to involve myself in squabbles though I am also, I would venture a guess that the ne'erdowells amongst us are a reckless newcomer and a patient veteran. Tis the latter that struck first and the former that struck second.

Though tis possible I, by my theorizing, am playing into devious hands. To that I question, if the one most interested in self preservation, which I admit to being, is accusing such a veteran and casting blame on such a new blood as I am, what happens in a tie of votes, I wonder?

[OOC: ninja'd twice. I'm too bloody wordy. XD]

http://jack-kaiser.deviantart.com/

drandahl

drandahl

alcasync wrote:To be fair, we don't know if there are even investigative or defensive roles in the game, whereas we know for sure there's a night kill.
Ah, that's a good point. I always assumed a more or less even distribution of role types. I'll ditch that assumption now, thanks!
alcasync wrote: You didn't answer my question about the stunner and the jailer.
Wait, I thought I did. I think town holds jailer, and mafia is slightly more likely to hold stunner. Though, I mentioned this before you commented on that line of reasoning, and now I'm rethinking.

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

In past games, when there's a tie, the lynch target is RNG'd.

I mean, if you're not going to believe me when I defend myself, there's not really much I can do about that. If anything I say is going to be met with, "Yeah but you're a veteran player and you could be doing suboptimal strategies to confuse us all on purpose" then I'm going to cut my losses here and move on to other points of discussion.

I still want everyone to share their thoughts on stunner/jailer, and I would like to hear more from Mr. Alice, who has yet to make a really substantial post thus far (not really blaming you since you are new, but it's hard to get a good read on you when you say so little.)

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

alcasync

alcasync

drandahl wrote:
alcasync wrote: You didn't answer my question about the stunner and the jailer.
Wait, I thought I did. I think town holds jailer, and mafia is slightly more likely to hold stunner. Though, I mentioned this before you commented on that line of reasoning, and now I'm rethinking.

I think that may have gotten lost when you lost your post?

Um, but if you think that the jailer is town and the stunner is mafia, why are you voting for Cthuluhoop when he was the one who was hit by the stunner, and it doesn't make sense for a mafia stunner to block their own night kill?

drandahl

drandahl

alcasync wrote:
I think that may have gotten lost when you lost your post?

Um, but if you think that the jailer is town and the stunner is mafia, why are you voting for Cthuluhoop when he was the one who was hit by the stunner, and it doesn't make sense for a mafia stunner to block their own night kill?

Here's what I thought was answering your question, though I admit it's not a direct answer and now probably needs to be thought through again:
drandahl wrote:I'd say that ether a new town or mafia has held stun so far. It seems less likely to me that a vet town would stun N0.

This is just the top of my posteriors given the current game state, but I'd say some vet town has jailer. If mafia had jailer, it would be beneficial to run that D0, and Mr. Alice wouldn't be the top choice for N1. If a new player had jailer, I would expect them to use it N0.

And I'm still even enough in suspicion between Mr. Alice and Cthm that I haven't changed my vote. To explain my suspicion of Cthm:

If mafia had stun, Cthm doesn't seem like a first choice for town stun considering there could be some "confusion tactics" that could be played out with Kiyo and Tiki. Though, I recognize now that this is an extremely flimsy line of reasoning, so I'll adjust my suspicion accordingly. I do think it makes sense for mafia stunner to block their own night kill as a stepping stone towards a mis-lynch, if they also have worries that a direct night kill is dangerous, though this is also a big IF.

To be honest, I really haven't changed my vote at all because I was hoping for more discussion. At this point, I'm less concerned about Kiyo, and marking Cthm as Mafia is a bit of a long-shot line of reasoning. I'll change my vote at this point, to reflect my new top suspect:

unvote: Cthm
vote: Mr. Alice

alcasync

alcasync

vote: Cthuluhoop again because day phases are more interesting when votes are close.

H-has mafia meta changed since I last played? Why does everyone think it's so likely that mafia would intentionally reduce their own chances of winning just to cause confusion? I feel like a night kill and trying to lay low is a much more sure chance of winning for mafia than weird behavior and making yourself prominent in thread, which can very easily backfire!

drandahl

drandahl

alcasync wrote:H-has mafia meta changed since I last played? Why does everyone think it's so likely that mafia would intentionally reduce their own chances of winning just to cause confusion? I feel like a night kill and trying to lay low is a much more sure chance of winning for mafia than weird behavior and making yourself prominent in thread, which can very easily backfire!

Sorry, I think I'm just overly paranoid about missing contingencies here, to be honest. This is probably where I turn out to be the most annoying type of new player, but I'm sure I'll adjust.

But enough talk of new players and old players. There's dangerous people afoot! Mr. Alice, I would like to hear more of your thoughts most at this point, before the day ends.

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Oh.

Kinda funny. Woke up last night, a little after the turn of the night to day, and, though my fever was gone, still had feverish dreaming going on. The dreaming said I'd been killed, pretty much a mercy killing, given my ailment. Though I'd never left bed, I was briefly convinced I had looked up the forum and saw that to be the case. Brain reminded me though that I had barely moved, and of how suspicious I was. Figured it likely I'd actually have another day.

Fever dream proved prophetic.

What sucks though, is if I was killed for being silent yesterday, not ansering the questions. Because I really wanted to, had some more ramblings to toss up...just not the energy nor focus to do it, heh...

Mr. Alice wrote:Also wow Tiki that's kinda clever...with the sleeping...and being the Dormouse...that's genius...

Heh. Thank you. Figured it worked, since everything I said fit my condition (and I really did sleep 16 hours), and also fit my character.

Jaiser wrote:This is Alice in Wonderland, let your poet freak flag fly, I say.]

Well, I'd wanted to. Heh.
Twinkle, twinkle, twinkle...

Anyway, woke up at dawn so I could call in to work. I'mma sleep again, only this time, without working it into an RP. Heh.

Edit: Hope this post doesn't come off as passive aggressive, or something. My writing just tends to reflect how I feel...and right now, I feel "blurgh..."

Last edited by Tiki The Troll on Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarity)

Cthulhuhoop

Cthulhuhoop

Clearly the knave of hearts is guilty so my guess is he won't have to be worrying about itchy ears soon. Would town having two blockers be normal in an 8 player game? drandahl, what is suspicious about "thought out bursts"? Also, you may want to go over that hill, your bowling ball is making a break for it.

I'm not seeing the stunner hint that you see Kiyoko.

My goodness the dormouse and rabbit should be in better health considering how we have vets around.

Mafia meta might have changed. It tends to do that once people are accustomed to it. You never know one day meta is as big as a house the next as small as the mouse. It's a fair strategy to give up the night kill in order to get a town lynch. The mafia are at their most vulnerable during the day. Still I find it more likely that the night kill was blocked.

(It's been too long since I've read the two books).

Jaiser

Jaiser

[Eh, I'm probably just getting too into character and enjoying the chance to play up the nonsense of the setting. And I had a little too much to drink last night]

At this point, my main suspects are Kiyo and Mr. Alice. The former because as I overly-floridly pointed out, misdirection is a powerful tool, she outright admitted to having something to do with Tiki's killing, and while this is more meta than I like playing, I know her love of masquerading like a broken bird. And if, as a I suspect, she is in fact Alice or a similar role, hiding and being afraid of her own lethality is a master stroke of role-playing.

I'm also suspicious of Mr. Alice. Roleplaying is one thing, but with absolutely no reasons for any of their actions given yet, one cannot help but be nervous about their motivations. Overplaying how stressful voting is and evading questions...though I admit, I share the sentiment that just posting more substantially would be very appreciated.

Though it is very possible I'm jumping at shadows and both mafia are behaving remarkably well as innocents, letting suspicion take its course.

I've been asked about my opinion on the stunner and jailer and such, and...well, if I'm honest, I've been thinking about it, and I'm not sure what conclusion to draw. This may be my own newness showing, but with so little to go on, I can see reasons for them to be of either alignment.

alcasync

alcasync

Even though my vote is on Cthuluhoop, to be honest, I would be most comfortable lynching Mr Alice. She's contributed less to speculation than either Kiyoko or Cthuluhoop and I know that's not her fault because she's new, but it's also, I think, we're likely to get more information out of Mr Alice by lynching her than by letting her stay alive and post in thread. T-that sounds mean, but... that's how I feel right now.

Also if I were mafia and one of my teammates was trying to pull off convoluted stunts just to look cool and risking our win, I would be livid! nvn

Jaiser

Jaiser

I dunno, from this angle, it's hard to argue with the results if that's the case. And don't underestimate the joy found in just fucking with someone's head.

That said, you have a point from a purely pragmatic point of view, but I really want to see other viewpoints before I add my timber to the pyre.

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

I CAN ANSWER SOME OF THESE! 8'DDD;;

Kiyoko wrote:I still want everyone to share their thoughts on stunner/jailer, and I would like to hear more from Mr. Alice, who has yet to make a really substantial post thus far (not really blaming you since you are new, but it's hard to get a good read on you when you say so little.)
COMPLETELY UNDERSTANDABLE! :'D I never really thought I would be a conducive player, but I think this is just showcasing how bad I really am at this, for which I thoroughly apologize for. I wanted to refrain from making yet another post about not knowing what to think, but since I don't think there's much else I really can do, I'll just have to straight up and say it: I kind of have no thoughts on the stunner/jailer issue. Except that I was the poor fool that got jailed.
drandahl wrote:Mr. Alice, I would like to hear more of your thoughts most at this point, before the day ends.
There is nothing in my head besides old stale air and straw in my hair.
Jaiser wrote:Overplaying how stressful voting is and evading questions...though I admit, I share the sentiment that just posting more substantially would be very appreciated.
voTING /IS/ STRESSFUL
I don't mean to evade questions though, I promise that almost all of the time, it's because I really don't know how to answer, so sorry if I seemed rude and fail to make useful thought-process posts! ; w ;
alcasync wrote:I think, we're likely to get more information out of Mr Alice by lynching her than by letting her stay alive and post in thread. T-that sounds mean, but... that's how I feel right now.
I actually think that makes a lot of sense! And I am actually completely willing to make this sacrifice for the good of the town. u - u I was way in over my head from the start, so it seems fair that we lop it off. Like cutting off a frostbitten toe.

I think that was everything that needed to be addressed? Please let me know if I can help in any other way! Meanwhile I will start drawing up a last will and testament. Ah, I've failed you, Mother....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum