Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

i can has NIGHT THREE?

+13
Ninfia
ezzelin
Mr. Gerbear
Cure
Vanilla Ace
Rasei
high seraph
Tiki The Troll
drandahl
Five
Entelechy
Luxaria
Kiyoko
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 44 ... 59  Next

Go down  Message [Page 30 of 59]

436i can has NIGHT THREE? - Page 30 Empty Re: i can has NIGHT THREE? Sat May 07, 2016 3:53 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Oh my fuck so much has happened.

I see the Lucas / Luxaria mix-up regarding the 85% has been cleared up.

Now that Lucas has answered, I will clarify a few things, as well as address something ezz asked of me.

First off, yes, I am claiming that one of my quirks granted me the ability to block one player from receiving any quirks on that phase (night one). From rollover, it looks identical to what was used on Cure?* However, in addition to being jailed, I also used my particular variant on Lucas. So I don't know what to make of that.

Second, regarding the role duplication. The ability that was granted from the zalgo role effect... I actually happened to target Tiki with it. What I am wondering as part of my theory is if while the ability was negated as part of me being jailed... if there was a hidden component that infects those targeted with zalgo on top of the purported effect (or instead of). And since the jail says it lets through quirks, it's possible I may have still performed the quirk-giving part of the zalgo role ability. I have no idea.

Third, the reason I wanted to see Lucas' response to that question (re: how he knew there was an 85% chance of a bus in play) is because last night I had both a bus and a redirect as part of my four role effects. The presence of another role that might skew actions is potentially weird and unlikely to me?** Unless one of mine was a lie or inaccurate in some way.

There was one other power I had, but I will keep that quiet for now. But now you know three of the things. I think sharing this information is advantageous at this time. I hope it is, anyway.

* Edit: I double-checked. Mine says it specifically blocks quirks, clarifying that the target will not get new abilities in a flavorful fashion. The wording for the effect on Cure in rollover is curious.

Rollover wrote:Cure was blocked from receiving quirks and abilities.

I can't tell if that means what I described above, or if it is saying she may not be the recipient of any abilities, or she may not receive a role from another role that gifts them, or something else. So, make of that as you will.

** Edit: Actually, there could be another redirect in play, if mine was legit. The way it was worded might allow for a second redirection ability.

437i can has NIGHT THREE? - Page 30 Empty Re: i can has NIGHT THREE? Sat May 07, 2016 4:02 pm

Cure

Cure

I was thinking that too (and was going to be like if I was blocked from receiving actions being used on me, why did the stun work), but I think it means I'm blocked from getting new abilities via quirks.

438i can has NIGHT THREE? - Page 30 Empty Re: i can has NIGHT THREE? Sat May 07, 2016 4:05 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Hmm...I guess we'll see how much Zalgo text we get next day phase.

439i can has NIGHT THREE? - Page 30 Empty Re: i can has NIGHT THREE? Sat May 07, 2016 4:07 pm

nautilus

nautilus

i can has ST04T R4LLY?

Rasei vs no lynch
Cure vs Entelechy high seraph
drandahl vs Ace
T3tsuya vs high seraph
Mr. Gerbear vs no lynch
Ninfia vs high seraph
ezzelin vs high seraph
Tiki the Troll vs high seraph
Luxaria vs high seraph
___

no lynch 2
high seraph 6

Last edited by nautilus on Sat May 07, 2016 6:41 pm; edited 4 times in total

440i can has NIGHT THREE? - Page 30 Empty Re: i can has NIGHT THREE? Sat May 07, 2016 4:09 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Well, the reason I don't 100% believe my own theory is it... doesn't account for the fact that I targeted two people with the zalgo ability, and the other hasn't done it yet. I don't know. It's the best I've got since it's an odd coincidence. And I think the owner of the zalgo meme targeted Ninfia last night, if I am reading everyone's posts correctly. It's really the only logical way I can explain you having both zalgo and whatever the "X" was, since that feels far too coincidental for two copy-cat memes to target you--unless Ninfia was the duplicate zalgo and/or faked it. But the fact that I had zalgo D1 and then targeted you with the zalgo-given ability last night... It's odd. I guess you could be faking it, too, but that seems unlike you.

441i can has NIGHT THREE? - Page 30 Empty Re: i can has NIGHT THREE? Sat May 07, 2016 4:15 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

By the way, probably going to vote Lucas. Got caught up in the previous information-sharing and forgot to mention it, but I do think this is the best lead for a multitude of reasons that have been hammered out. And since this name got brought up a lot, I am not sure about quite as sure about the suspicions on drandahl, also, but I don't have any reason not to suspect him.

I am going to double-check everything that's come down before I place a vote in, though. Also gives him a chance to see if he has anything else he can say in his defense. I am also curious what he has to say about me having a bus and redirect while he says there was probably a bus in play last phase.

442i can has NIGHT THREE? - Page 30 Empty Re: i can has NIGHT THREE? Sat May 07, 2016 5:18 pm

ezzelin

ezzelin

Well, hm.

I can see zalgo being "infectuous" as you've described, though that's still kinda. Odd.
Primarily because if it actually inflicted the real quirk on anyone that you target with its ability, every night there would be one more person with the zalgo quirk and ability, provided everyone that gets it does the quirk and uses the ability, and no one gets blocked.
(S) -> (1) -> (R +1) -> (2R +1) -> (3R +1) -> (4R +1) -> ...
(S = source, R = recipient that can spread zalgo)
Additionally, even if the zalgo quirk owner died, the ability would still stay in play.
That could be potentially ridiculously strong, so I don't know how likely that is. (Though, I guess it does depend on what exactly the ability does, which I do not know.)

Does any other ability of yours seem like it might have gone through despite the jail (or at least partially, like this one), Lux?

Aside from that, I'm satisfied with the replies for now, and going to vote: High Seraph.

443i can has NIGHT THREE? - Page 30 Empty Re: i can has NIGHT THREE? Sat May 07, 2016 5:45 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Before I reply to that, ezz... in case Lucas is around:

high seraph wrote:I know there is a possibility that there was a bus because one of my actions didn't hit the target I selected. I'm not 100% sure. Just 85%.

Which target might this be?

444i can has NIGHT THREE? - Page 30 Empty Re: i can has NIGHT THREE? Sat May 07, 2016 5:59 pm

Rasei

Rasei

@ Kiyoko, for the jail protected against quirk theft? Or is it going the night kill?

445i can has NIGHT THREE? - Page 30 Empty Re: i can has NIGHT THREE? Sat May 07, 2016 6:12 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

Rasei wrote:@ Kiyoko, for the jail protected against quirk theft? Or is it going the night kill?

Wat

446i can has NIGHT THREE? - Page 30 Empty Re: i can has NIGHT THREE? Sat May 07, 2016 6:14 pm

Cure

Cure

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

447i can has NIGHT THREE? - Page 30 Empty Re: i can has NIGHT THREE? Sat May 07, 2016 6:18 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

I was actually going to follow Lux's vote, since she seems almost always able to sniff out the Mafia (just has trouble convincing people XD), but getting late, and nothing from her yet, heh. Still, I trust Ezz's instincts too.
Vote: High Seraph

448i can has NIGHT THREE? - Page 30 Empty Re: i can has NIGHT THREE? Sat May 07, 2016 6:20 pm

Cure

Cure

I kind of feel like Lucas is going to end up being town because why would mafia out that he acted on me when he didn't need to? And no one was actually voting him before he did that but... too late at this point, and at least we'll be able to examine the lucas votes if he does flip town.

... or something.

However, he doesn't really seem to be too bent out of shape that he's being lynched, and I think town lucas would be more distraught about it. He's been around since the votes started piling up on him.

this game is going to be hard to read people because the people acting aren't actually the people with the original abilities so you can't necessarily examine what role someone has without knowing their actual meme + what their meme does.

frowns.

i kind of know nothing about any of the roles in the game other than my own quirk's ability and my own quirk's ability is really... different to say the least.

449i can has NIGHT THREE? - Page 30 Empty Re: i can has NIGHT THREE? Sat May 07, 2016 6:32 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Hmm...That actually kinda makes wanna unvote...
And where's everyone who hasn't voted yet, aside from the neutrals?

450i can has NIGHT THREE? - Page 30 Empty Re: i can has NIGHT THREE? Sat May 07, 2016 6:33 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

I was kind of hoping to hear from Lucas because now I'm wondering if I was actually jai--

Wait, of course I was, judging by quirks in thread. How obvious.

To explain, one of my results had... a weird interaction that I'm not quite sure how to parse. I can't tell if it was because I was jailed while it "happened" or it's... actually part of the role. It's weird. Thus, I was suddenly wondering if I technically did act in any capacity despite the "jail". However, I know for a likely fact that a certain player would not have the quirks they have--presumably--if my actions were unimpeded, but were listed as "jailed".

I just.

Anyway, I re-read and I find a lot of what deals with Lucas to be strange. I'd really like to know which players he targeted throughout the game, what roles he had at his disposal, and just... I think if I'm reading between the lines properly, his actions are most indicative of a mafia.

Ugh, I just want to have a better idea of how reliable some of these roles are, or if there are hidden properties like my possible zalgo theory.

All of this to say, @ ezz, I don't... think my actions went through. It's difficult to say since two of them were hidden actions (bus and redirect), but the thread's developments and presence of quirks on various players implies I was actually jailed. I know my quirk went through, however. Its usage was rather well-done. Otherwise, I've got nothing, except the aforementioned... weird result that I do not know how to parse.

So, yeah.

Vote: high seraph.

edit: re: Cure's post

That's something I'm mildly dreading as well, on the matter of Lucas' flip. Which is why I really want to know how reliable some roles and results are. For instance, some of what I got on D1/N1 makes me feel like... the roles have a chance of being extensions of their memes, which is why I felt comfortable theorizing that zalgo might spread, for instance. And if that's the case, I can easily see Kiyoko sending us on a few wild goose chases.

If that's the case, Lucas' story is hard to judge since maybe everything he said is true, but the expected results of players that had roles or gifted the roles might differ from the reality, which casts shade on everything. Despite seeing effectively five roles in this game (if we include my own), I have no idea how positive/negative any of them are since they all got locked out, and the one that did work... didn't... work at all.

I think judging by hints in thread, Lucas' history of actions do not line up properly with what I'd expect of a town, whereas it fits the character of a mafia a bit more. Then again, there could be ruses within ruses. This does get a bit ridiculous. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 30 of 59]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 44 ... 59  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum