Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!]

+11
Tinylightsflash
drandahl
Rasei
katagi
Tiki The Troll
She-Ra
high seraph
Luxaria
Five
ezzelin
Ninfia
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 34]

61A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] - Page 5 Empty Re: A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:22 pm

drandahl

drandahl

Ah, True. Still, I'm personally inclined to think the NK target was a protected Aeiou. For this reason, I'm more inclined to vote someone other than Aeiou, TLF, Rasei, or Ezz this round.

What an average pagetop.

62A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] - Page 5 Empty Re: A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:28 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

I'm pretty sure Aeiou was the NK target and not a vig shot. Aeiou makes perfect sense to be the NK along with about 2-3 other players. Plus if you're going to use a vig N0, I don't think it makes sense to use it on Aeiou at all since she is a bit busier and in a different timezone than most players. Well, I guess that depends on the alignment of the vigilante and mechanics of their kill (1x or 2x or some such, or if it recharges or whatever). Still, I'd say Aeiou was either the NK or, if we want to go down this slippery slope, a bus'd NK. But I'm dismissing that last on a meta read until we have reasoning to suspect otherwise.

Anyway, at the least we know ezzelin, Rasei, and Tiny did not submit the NK. I'm going to gut read the stun on Tiny as probably town-originating since it makes a little bit of sense to think that mafia might try to shuffle off the NK onto the newest member figuring the veil of newness will protect them, and stun is relatively harmless to test this theory with against a newer player (hi, btw <3).

Following that, I'd say Rasei was stunned by mafia, and ezz jail could go either way. Also Rasei is saying she targeted me, which feels like a strange thing to mention considering that she was not able to do anything, though I guess I can see 1-2 angles she might be getting at.

Hm, lack of NK is pretty cool though. All of these gut reads on controlling effects can be horribly off or inaccurate, of course. Ninfia does like to play with expectations a little bit.

Uhhh. Go go posts from other people.

63A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] - Page 5 Empty Re: A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:35 pm

drandahl

drandahl

Yeah, I was considering Aeiou as a potential bus victim as well. It's surprising that she was both protected and NK-targetted, giving the meta (@TLF, some players have established more of a reputation for being targeted for NK early-game, due to their high level of engagement in-thread as well as for other reasons). Even considering meta, she could still have been the NK target if she didn't have to be targeted for protection.

64A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] - Page 5 Empty Re: A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:49 pm

Aeiou

Aeiou

Ahhh I put my of my energy into the other maf so I dont have much to say atm because I have to go back to work again ;^; also I work for the next ten million days so uhh yeah I might not be around close to rollovers for a bit
This rollover has so much going on. Im assuming with two stuns that one might be maf and one town?
This game doesnt feel so perfectly average

Host: Since we cant claim does that also mean we cant claim things for role related reasons? Like if cop found a mafia they couldnt just say I figured out this person was maf for role related reasons since that might give them away?? ITS BEEN AWHILE SINCE IVE PLAYED IN A NO CLAIMING GAME and this is all just an example for future ref lol

65A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] - Page 5 Empty Re: A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:58 pm

high seraph

high seraph

hmm yeah, no, I don't think town vigs ever act on n0 because it's rly risky??

So we should go ahead and just assume that Aeiou was targeted for a NK. Since stunned or jailed actions don't show up in rollover, Aeiou's survival should be either due to a protection or a bulletproof role (are bulletproofs average though??? ummm). For now, I think it's ok to list Aeiou, Rasei, Tiny and ezz as "people I'm not likely to vote for during this phase".

However!!!! Let's not forget that it is not an uncommon strategy for mafia to stun one of their teammates, especially on night zero, in order to keep them away from the public eye. There's also the constant the debate of what alignments are the jailer vs stunner but honestly I'm getting kinda sick of it lmfao, so I won't waste too much of my time thinking about it. Also, there are two stunners, so the situation seems to be a bit more complex??

But yeah, I don't really agree with Lux's interpretation on how the stun/jail targets were selected because she didn't take into account the possibility that mafia might stun/jail themselves. This could potentiallly get really wifomy so I'm not gonna contribute any other interpretations (it's past midnight and I'm supposed be asleep tbh). Regardless, I read the fact that Rasei's first instinct after being stunned is to claim who she targeted as something very... town!Rasei-y. But then again, Rasei knows what we expect of town!Rasei and she could be playing us for fOOLS, fools i tell ya.

Also tbh I don't understand why there's already talk of fRICKING BUSSES. FWIW, Ninfia's hatred toward busses possibly rivals even my own, so I think the chances of a bus existing in this game is fairly low tbh, but this doesn't mean anything in regards to regular redirection roles, which I kno Ninfia doesn't have as much of a problem with. But then AGAIN, who da hecky knos whats going on in hayleyleyelyel's head right.

Hmmmmmmmmm well, I also feel like no lynching has been slowly becoming the norm for night zeroes with no night kills in here, but I'm kinda not feeling it this time?? idk tho, it will depend on what othere players say since the "would currently vote list" includes: Five, Lux, She-Ra, Tiki, Katagi, drandahl and Sammie, which is a lot of people.

66A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] - Page 5 Empty Re: A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:29 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

@ Lucas
Yeah, I don't want to really dig into mafia stunning/jailing themselves since, as you said, it gets far too WIFOMy and stretches the plausible utility of such speculating. Honestly, the main reason I went in on that tangent at all regarding the stuns is just because imo seeing the new member stunned is a bit unusual, and so I wanted to see if I could interpret it in any way. I still stand by the statement that I can see it making more sense for town to stun the new member than the mafia, but who knows one way or the other except the sender of the stun. Also, tangent partly because I never know what to talk about on D1 other than just having us all play a game of, "who stole the cookie from the cookie jar."

Re: Ninfia and her hatred of buses, that was my alluded meta read. I am 99% inclined to think there isn't a bus given her passionate discussions on and against them with me in the past, but who knows if she'll ever throw us a curve-ball. I always tell people I'll never do revives, millers, silences, or tailors for future games because I hate all of them, but maybe I'm playing the long con.

Which would be amazing. I kind of hope that I am.

I think Hayley is too passionately honest for that to ever happen, though.

I agree with you that we should lynch today if possible. We've been kind of stingy with D1 lynches lately, and it gives at least some more talking points than just endlessly debating stun and jail alignments.

I'm about to go play games, but I'll just Vote: Sammiya as a poke (and as a mixed message welcome since I missed playing with her, omg ilu I am glad you are back /hug <3).

edit: And I forgot there were limited votes, actually, until I just double-checked. Ah well, I still have two left. I'm kind of bummed now because there's something I wanted to do with two of the votes but it won't work. I'll figure something out.

67A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] - Page 5 Empty Re: A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:43 pm

Tinylightsflash

Tinylightsflash

You guys are so sweet omg you all can call me whatever you like. I'm just going to sit and read all your posts for a bit until I get the gist of what's going on please be patient with my rookie status.

68A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] - Page 5 Empty Re: A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:18 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

Luxariana Grande wrote:
edit: And I forgot there were limited votes, actually, until I just double-checked. Ah well, I still have two left. I'm kind of bummed now because there's something I wanted to do with two of the votes but it won't work. I'll figure something out.

Ninfia wrote:
“Okay, PAM, What are the rules?”

“Well PAT,” PAM said, “The rules are on the front page, and you should review them.”

“Oh.” Said PAT.

And thus, the game began.

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

69A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] - Page 5 Empty Re: A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:26 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

yeah well your face is dumb and scary and looks funny

70A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] - Page 5 Empty Re: A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:36 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

Lux was modkilled.

she was a bully who didn't read the rules.

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

71A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] - Page 5 Empty Re: A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:51 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

I will wear your rude hostility like a badge of honor.

72A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] - Page 5 Empty Re: A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:53 pm

Five

Five

Lux we need to talk about your host-bullying problem. First you call me pretty, and now you're calling Hayley ugly? You're out of control, missy.

So this is actually a useful post: there are things I want to say but I don't know if I should or how. I'll post more of substance tomorrow, but I don't know if our strategy for this game should be perfectly average.

73A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] - Page 5 Empty Re: A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:25 pm

She-Ra

She-Ra

Tinylightsflash wrote:Everyone here is so nice, thanks for the warm welcome! I am a super rookie to mafia plz tell me if I muck anything up \o/

Hi! Same.

Omg I am worried tthat his game is not going to be average because I'm still not even clear on what average is.

74A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] - Page 5 Empty Re: A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:38 am

Sammiya

Sammiya
Admin

Ah! Hi, Tiny!

I'm inclined to think the same that Aeiou was the NK attempt.

But hey, Lux~ (Yep, t's been awhile.)

I'm highly distractable and got caught up in playing Kingdom Hearts so I didn't when roll-over happend. (Even if Rasei reminded me of it.)

No real feelings on anyone to vote for, and with limited voting I'll sit on my votes for now.

Puzzled by the stun choices in part. (I feel like it's rare for a new player to be targeted N!)

https://crywolf.rpg-board.net

75A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] - Page 5 Empty Re: A Perfectly Average Game [Mafia Win!] Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:49 am

ezzelin

ezzelin

Hm hm. A jail on me? RUDE, tbh. Aside from that, I find it interesting there are two stuns - probably one maf-originating, I'd guess, while the jail could be either still. Good job on the protect, whoever pulled it off!
I agree with Lux that it's basically certain this was the NK; a vig shot on N0 would be highly unlikely, as it would be a total shot in the dark. I'm wondering though, why would you think it might've been a vig shot, katagi?
(Don't answer if it reveals too much, I just figured it was worth asking since you sounded like you knew something, which might be helpful in deciding on the lynch!)

I was gonna throw a prodding vote towards sammie, but seeing I got beaten to the punch, I'll just wait until I see her post.
ninja'd by sammie herself. hm. hmmmmmm.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum