Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prototype Trials #Ex0039R16-CWLu17-0A1 [Mafia Wins]

+13
chinomi
Rasei
high seraph
Sammiya
Tiki The Troll
katagi
drandahl
Five
Mr. Alice
Ninfia
ezzelin
Kiyoko
Luxaria
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 49 ... 64  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 64]

Five

Five

I had no idea in the slightest who you would be targeting.

Let me explain what it is I did, exactly, so that if you or anyone else did anything that might have affected it you can say so... But first, have you perhaps heard of the Law of Conservation of Luck?

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

That would be a new one.

Five

Five

Normally, you think of a four-leaf clover as lucky, right? But is that really true? Since the four-leaf clover is known to have value as a lucky charm, people will pluck one as soon as they so much as notice its presence. That doesn't sound very lucky for the clover.

The clover, essentially, is actually unlucky, inevitably plucked from the ground before its time comes. In fact, its very value as a lucky charm comes from its bad luck. Put simply, your bad luck is transferred to the clover, and you benefit from a surplus of good luck. The Law of Conservation of Luck states that luck can be neither created nor destroyed, only moved and changed from one form to another.

I work in much the same way. When I target a player, negative side effects of their action that night are transferred to me. So you, for instance, targeted Sammie with a stun, and your role also happens to send your target a message that you tried to kill them. Being implicated in a kill attempt is bad, so instead of happening to you last night it ought to have happened to me. I haven't a clue why it was ezzelin's name in the message instead of mine, though.

I am also, of course, Carolynn's super-cool wife. That hasn't changed.

Rasei

Rasei

Please dont pluck me, Phi. I'm to cute to die.

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Hmm. If I'm reading you right, that could explain the presense of scummy Town roles. Taking a scum-bullet for the team. If that's the case, it's even more fortuantate than it already was I chose you to be the one I targeted on N0.

Instead of doubleposting just gonna edit: Hoping we talk more throughout this Day Phase, instead of all at once at the end like last time. :(

ezzelin

ezzelin

Cloverasei wrote:The ability that Ezz used doesn't do anything to the the person he visited if its true.
But I didn't visit anyone. I don't even have an ability that would involve visiting people.

Five

Five

Well.

What did the penguin suited guest say, then?

ezzelin

ezzelin

#Ex55555 \"Phive" wrote:When I target a player, negative side effects of their action that night are transferred to me. So you, for instance, targeted Sammie with a stun, and your role also happens to send your target a message that you tried to kill them. Being implicated in a kill attempt is bad, so instead of happening to you last night it ought to have happened to me. I haven't a clue why it was ezzelin's name in the message instead of mine, though.
That's one awfully specific role. It seems fairly strange to me that Lux would put in a role that is so very specific, unless there was some sort of utility /the person knew who had negative side-effects to begin with. I know Lux particularly dislikes roles that are highly situational and/or dependent on only one or two of the rest, and so far no one else claimed to have any sort of a drawback to their role, and I have one don't either.

Additionally, the name swap could have been explained by a second bus outside of what Sammie claimed or a copied bus if there's a role copy. If Tiki's side-effect going back to hit Five counted as an action, and if we assume what Five said was true, it would've landed on me if we were swapped. And Rasei didn't say she sent the suit either - she said she received one, so she wouldn't have known if the sender had perhaps intended it for Five. I'm surprised you'd overlook this, Five.

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

alright I should probably stop lazing around on this lovely sunday and actually do a little work here.

I was the one who jailed angel. mostly out of gut feelings tbh. She hadn't said much and seem to be playing close to her chest, so I figured if she were maf it wouldn't be a bad idea to jail her as she'd be a good person to send in the nk.

Aeiou seems like an odd choice for the nk to me. She was still kind of on my suspicious list so im fairly... it's a bit odd to me that the mafia would choose to kill her.

I'm a little confused about why Tiny ended up not sending the magic ball to another player. I understand that sometimes newer players have a harder time remembering to do their actions, and there is a possibility the rng sent it to sammie, but lucas said that if the magic ball holder is lynched then something bad would happen-- in that the ball gets destroyed. It could be unfortunate RNG that the ball was sent to a player that has had suspicion on them. It could be a deliberate pass to another player in the mafia to get whatever buff it gives. It could be a ploy to get us to be less likely to lynch sammiya today. This, partially makes me want to lynch sammiya in order to see what happens when the ball is destroyed and because of Kiyoko's suspicions of Sammiya.

Lucas sort of gets implicated in this Tiny/Sammiya situation too. Lucas says the ball is damaged or destroyed if the person holding it is lynched and that he'd have to make a hard choice after that. Lucas' playstyle has... sort of been making me a little suspicious of him? he's been pretty quiet past claiming the ball and who he gave it to. he hasn't really been pushing lynches. I'm not like... willing to push a lynch on him at this point, but idk, I'd love to hear from you lucas.

for some meta reasons, I don't think Tiny is mafia, but I could be wrong. Tiny, what are your thoughts on today's lynch?

moving on to this kill attempt/name business. someone is lying. at this point, ezz is being backed up by another player (Rasei) who apparently got a watcher buff, so I'm more inclined to believe ezz. I think that Five also being roleblocked on a night where there was no nk is another strike against her.

Vote: Five because we need some discussion and I'm comfortable enough with that lynch. willing to change, but, I think its a good time to start, you know, actually voting.

from all of this confusion, I think the lynch candidates today should be Sammiya and five would be our best bets based on the current information we have.

on another note, I probably made the lights flicker, but I'm not really sure what that actually did.

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Oh as a heads up, drandahl told me he'd be out all day at a ren faire and very likely won't be able to get online to post.

I'm a bit busy myself for the time being so no long posts from me for right now; will be back well before rollover though and will throw down a vote when I get back. It will very likely be a vote for Sammie regardless of ball shenanigans, unless anything develops here between Five and Ezz.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

Five

Five

#Ex00003: \"Ninfia" wrote:moving on to this kill attempt/name business. someone is lying. at this point, ezz is being backed up by another player (Rasei) who apparently got a watcher buff, so I'm more inclined to believe ezz.  I think that Five also being roleblocked on a night where there was no nk is another strike against her.
Is that really a strike against me when the stunner who has not been counterclaimed has flat-out said I didn't send the NK? Also:
e2zelin wrote:
Cloverasei wrote:The ability that Ezz used doesn't do anything to the the person he visited if its true.
But I didn't visit anyone. I don't even have an ability that would involve visiting people.
It doesn't look to me like these two are really backing each other up. If Rasei says ezzelin did indeed do something (not entirely clear at this point) then we just have more contradictions.

e2zelin wrote:Additionally, the name swap could have been explained by a second bus outside of what Sammie claimed or a copied bus if there's a role copy. If Tiki's side-effect going back to hit Five counted as an action, and if we assume what Five said was true, it would've landed on me if we were swapped. And Rasei didn't say she sent the suit either - she said she received one, so she wouldn't have known if the sender had perhaps intended it for Five. I'm surprised you'd overlook this, Five.
I suppose this is possible. If there was a copied drive or a drive item, I would expect someone to clear this mess up if it was town-originating. Likewise, if the penguin gave information on the wrong target, I would think someone might speak up on that, too, assuming the information learned from that role isn't more random than that. I also didn't really think that replacing the name in the message would result in some kind of driveable targeting me, but apparently after asking the host that's probably the case.

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

...Anyone else confused yet? XD

Edit: Oh yeah, and now that the ball is a big part of discussion again...Lucas, where art thou?

Last edited by Tiki The Test Tube on Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rasei

Rasei

Who said anything about a penguin? Are you postive to want me to say it Ezz. If its true, mafia might want to kill you.

Tinylightsflash

Tinylightsflash

All I can say in my defence against the magic ball thing is that I a) legit forgot I had to pass the ball on which is 100% my fault and b) suspect the ball may not necessarily be a good thing? All we are going off is Lucas' assurances that the ball is somehow beneficial. I have reasonably good reason to think the dolls are dangerous already so crazy ball shenanigans might be a thing too.
Id love to hear more from Dran, but I get the whole being MIA thing ):. I didn't really have any suspicions about Aeiou either so idk what to make of the night kill.
Ezz is suspicious for me as well but that whole situation is v confusing so id rather wait and see if it can be explained but I'd be willing to vote Lucas, Ezz or Dran today.

As an aside, I have a staff development day today so I may not be able to post much and will definitely not be able to post much of substance. I will do my best to answer questions though!

Edit: also not leaning toward voting sammiya atm because her absence was explained and I can't remember if there were any other reasons for it.

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

pokemon go came out in canada, I'll see you guys in like 3 hours

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 64]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 49 ... 64  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum