Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Beginnings [TOWN WIN]

+6
Megrid
Sammiya
Rasei
Tiki The Troll
alcasync
Kiyoko
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 12]

61New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 5 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:30 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Rasei wrote:*got distracted with a show* I'm changing my vote: undecided.

I'm assuming this is a no vote.

V O T E T A L L Y

ALCASYNC vs SAMMIYA
MR. ALICE vs LUXARIA
NAUTILUS vs RASEI SAMMIYA
MEGRID vs no vote NO LYNCH
SAMMIYA vs NO LYNCH
RASEI vs MEGRID no vote

NO LYNCH II
SAMMIYA II
LUXARIA I

Last edited by Kiyoko on Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

62New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 5 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:39 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

Sorry about the lateness, everyone! I've been operating out of the fiefdom for a while now so I haven't been on top of things as much as I would like. D:

But ok hmm yes before I say any more, I should mention that it's probably a good idea not to put too much stock into what I say. Like. Always. I usually operate on gut feeling for the most part, and I'M VERY SORRY BUT a lot of these cool analysis posts just go right over my head like whoop!

LUCKILY!!! I can answer Question 1, and this makes it a special occasion because I usually can't answer anything whups. So far, I think it is important to try not and mislynch, but I also think (especially for this case because there isn't a lot of people in the game), that it's probably worth the risk to lynch someone and get more info from it than not to lynch and give mafia basically like an extra day to kill a townsperson. Because in my personal opinion like, if you end up getting someone from mafia, cool. if you end up getting someone from town, oh well.

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND this is really just my personal play style for a lot of games, because I enjoy the factor of luck and chance, and that's what makes it enjoyable for me. That might change in the future of course, but for now, that's how I'll be workin. :S

63New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 5 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:42 pm

Megrid

Megrid
Admin

To answer the questions:

- It's not so much that I'm hesitant to vote on Sammiya specifically so much as I don't feel anyone completely standing out to me as someone to vote in general. I had some concerns (concerns I've mostly voiced already for the moment), but nothing that really gives me inclination to vote for someone. In a sense, to answer question 1 as well, yes, it's mostly stemming from concerns and wariness of mislynching.
- To answer question 2 right now would be a tough call. I have more observations than inclinations. I'm seeing Alca's point brought up that we might definitely need to lynch someone to get answers, but as tempting as it is to ask "why so", she's already stated more than enough on her reasoning. I see her point, and while I don't necessarily disagree with her, I'm not as inclined to necessarily fall through to act either, as to go with answer 1. I was also gonna mention concern for Mr. Alice's reasoning, but I got ninja'd and there it is.

Either way, unfortunately, I'm getting a bit distracted with something that just came up, and I'm not so confident I'll make my vote in time otherwise if I delay it any longer because of it and already missed a deadline as it is, so I think my vote may be locked on now unless I can squeeze a change in somehow.

vote: No Lynch

http://falconinthesky.deviantart.com

64New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 5 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:49 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Um, okay. I'm going to cast out a vote:

vote: Sammiya

Ideally I would vote for Rasei because of the RNG'd vote (and that's pretty much the most concrete thing I can think of right now) but I am not feeling very comfortable creating a four way tie between Luxaria, Sammiya, Rasei, and a no lynch! So, um, I've already said I don't really want to no lynch, so it's down to Luxaria and Sammiya. Of the two I feel like Luxaria has been pushing more theories and generally being more proactive in terms of town, whilst Sammiya has expressed unease towards lynching but suspicion of Rasei, which I find interesting. I guess my issue with this is that this game doesn't have any way (in a role related way, I mean) to provide evidence towards Rasei being mafia or town other than... voting for them (and Rasei hasn't responded to suspicions other than saying it was reaction testing), but I guess we really don't have a lot to go off of, so. Uh. I guess the other incriminating thing is the locked part of her suspicion (that is, suspicion of Rasei for locking their vote on an RNG'd vote when locking votes doesn't apply in this game) but I also feel like if she had a mafia partner someone would have explained to her the error.

Uhhhh.

Hm. I'm going to explain my gut feelings.

I guess one of the things that has made me a bit uneasy is ... I am slightly suspicious at some of the people who've expressed vague responses to the direction of the lynch (or even if we should lynch at all) - or, rather, have expressed vague responses when being asked questions in the thread, such as saying that they're not sure or they don't know without giving a concrete answer. I think it would be really easy for mafia to give weak answers to questions or be roundabout to avoid accidentally saying anything incriminating that they can be punished for later on, but that's just my 2 cents. The issue for me is that it's hard for me to separate "Are you genuinely unsure of what's going on?" from bluffing unsure-ness.

I think what I mean to say here is that someone who adamantly pushes something (a lynch, whatever) is seen as more incriminating than someone who just kind of flows on by and gives non-committal answers because the former draws attention, and therefore mafia would prefer to do the latter. I've noticed a bit of the latter in the thread, which makes me uneasy.

Then again, the only thing I've actively committed on in this thread is that I would prefer a lynch over a no-lynch in this scenario, so.

:pale:

@Mr. Alice - I just have one question for you! I know you said you weren't sure earlier as to why drandahl was killed, but do you have a theory as to why they were killed, or do you think it was random?

Ah frick someone posted before me and broke the tie um

Last edited by nautilus on Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:58 pm; edited 3 times in total

65New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 5 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:56 pm

Sammiya

Sammiya
Admin

My suspicion towards Rasei was due to her RNGing a vote. Given she's since changed, she does feel a bit more townish given her reaction to it.

And part of the reason for being reluctant to switch from NLing was due to me being confused at the status of vote changes and thinking I'd be stuck, but ah... sticking to it now.

https://crywolf.rpg-board.net

66New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 5 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:57 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

I CAN ANSWER THIS ONE TOO!!! Wow, today must be a good day!

I kind of think drandahl's death was a little random, to be honest. :S

Because I feel like if it were to be a strategic kill, then the vets would probably be targeted first, even though that's kind of not cool, to target someone just because they think that they'll catch on to their schemes quicker than the others? Not saying that drandahl's not a smart bunny because I think they are, but that's just kind of the feeling I got, if that's an acceptable response. :'D

67New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 5 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:59 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

It's okay, Mr. Alice! I think Kiyoko said you were out and about? It happens! We're running short on time, but I follow your reasoning for the most part.

I've held off making a vote, and I do not feel altogether comfortable voting without hearing some more reasoning and thoughts from a few players. Alcasync raised a lot of good points regarding going for a lynch today, which Nautilus backed, and I can definitely see the merits.

There's been a little chatter in the past few minutes, but I do not feel confident that I can dissect it to make any more decisions or changes to my reads on short notice. I'm locking in a Vote: No Lynch to be more official about it for Kiyoko-sama.

68New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 5 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:00 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

VOTE TALLY:

N I G H T O N E

Quiet night. Wind's still hissing outside like a frazzled alley cat, but the rain's died down a bit. Looks like it's the only thing dying tonight. Grim reaper lurks in the long shadows of twilight. He can be patient. He's got all the time in the world.

NO LYNCH.

New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 5 QzkTS0f

T U T O R I A L

Now that the day phase is over and you've generated a lot of discussion, use this time to reflect back on what everyone has said. If anyone's behavior was at all confusing, or if you wish they'd said more, call them out. Ask them a few questions.

MAFIA, don't forget to send in your night kill. You want to be able to control the votes, so you might consider killing players who antagonize you. Pick your target carefully though, because there's still a town doctor to worry about, and you also don't want to risk giving yourself away by revealing certain players as town.

DOCTOR, protect whoever you think is most likely to get killed by mafia. No one expects you to be psychic, just take your best guess. Remember that you can protect yourself, unless you protected yourself last night.

TOWN, it's a good time to regroup. You aren't voting this phase, but if anyone has any suspicions gathered from the previous day phase, it's a good time to voice them. This might be your last chance to share your suspicions before you die, after all.

If you're still stuck, a good way to structure your thoughts is to make a list of players and write down quick notes about all of them. Things you might want to cover are:

• Who they voted for
  • Which players they suspect. Which players they don't suspect
  • How active were they in thread?
  • Anything they said that stood out to you for whatever reason, even if you can't put your finger on what that reason is
  • Just based off your gut feeling, do you think this person is likely to be town or mafia? It's okay not to have an opinion at this point.

The ratio is 2 mafia, 5 town.

Day 2 begins 9:00pm PST on Monday, June 8

Last edited by Kiyoko on Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

69New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 5 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:42 pm

alcasync

alcasync

Ahhh sorry for the late response! My parents wanted to go to a fancy restaurant for dinner and it took soooo long. ;n;

If any questions anyone asked me are still relevant now that rollover is past, please ask them again and I will be happy to answer!

Ummm, okay I'm going to post this now while it's all still fresh in my mind.

I wasn't really around to see this all happen in real time but... something about the way this phase ended makes me a little... umm, hmm, it feels like something was off, I suppose? I'm not really surprised about the no lynch result, more the fact that the no lynch votes happened so suddenly close to rollover when everyone was still discussing it with no real conclusion just a few hours earlier. I'm not really sure how to put this... Let me just show the vote timestamps and they might clear up what I mean. My timestamps are off because I don't know what timezone my forum is on but I forgot to change it.

2:40 am - alcasync votes for Sammiya
3:26 am - Mr Alice votes for Luxaria
1:06 pm - nautilus votes for Rasei
1:27 pm - Megrid votes for no vote
2:35 pm - Sammiya votes for no lynch
9:16 pm - Rasei votes for Megrid
12:25 am - Rasei votes for no vote
12:42 am - Megrid votes for no lynch
12:49 am - nautilus votes for Sammiya
12:59 am - Luxaria votes for no lynch
1:00 am - Phase end!

The timing of the last no lynch makes me kind of feel like it was a rush vote to save Sammiya? I know Luxaria has been discussing the benefits of no lynching and also gave a reason why she was no lynching, but I've definitely been in games where mafia voted last minute to save a teammate. The shortness of that post compared to all her other posts may have been because nautilus's vote caught Luxaria off guard and she knew she had to vote NL but didn't have time to write a full explanation of it before rollover?

So I'm not really super super confident in this, it's just a gut feeling, but the timing of the votes makes me suspicious enough to side-eye Sammiya and Luxaria a bit.

I'm more suspicious of Sammiya than Luxaria because Luxaria's line of reasoning in all of those long posts seems very town to me, whereas Sammiya hasn't been posting as in-depth responses (although Sammiya seems busy?) so...

I'm also not very suspicious of nautilus, though I will be if Sammiya turns out to be town, and I'm also not really suspicious of Mr Alice, because of her early vote? It just seemed kind of not a mafia thing to do. Although it's interesting that people were suspicious of Rasei for her random vote, but not suspicious of Mr Alice's random(?) vote?

Almost all of this is just intuition and gut feeling right now, but I'll read through the thread again when I'm less tired to see what might be giving me these vibes!

Ahhhh this post is so long.

70New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 5 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:54 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

What kind of fooood did you get? owo

Also, I'm so ready to discuss more things, but are we allowed to talk during the night phase? I don't want to make Kiyoko angry. :c

71New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 5 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:34 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Luxaria wrote:Also, I'm so ready to discuss more things, but are we allowed to talk during the night phase? I don't want to make Kiyoko angry. :c

Yes! You can totally talk during the night phase. Think of it as extended day phase discussion, only minus the voting. I'm working on the tutorial writeup thingy for this, and all the flavor text and stuff, as we speak.

72New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 5 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:51 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Kiyoko wrote:Yes! You can totally talk during the night phase. Think of it as extended day phase discussion, only minus the voting.

ohmygoshthischangeseverythingbrbwriting.

73New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 5 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:55 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Rollover flavor and tutorial blurb are up!

74New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 5 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:10 am

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

oMG MAKING THAT TIMELINE IS SO SMART AND USEFUL YOU BEAUTIFUL ALPACA

p.s. What kind of food did you get?

Last edited by Mr. Alice on Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:15 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : the world needs 2 kno)

75New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 5 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:22 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Mr. Alice wrote:ALPACA

New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 5 KLL4koG

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum: