Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4]

+16
chinomi
Kotakia
deo
eleni
plotstickers
drandahl
Cthulhuhoop
T3tsuya
Rasei
Tiki The Troll
Mr. Alice
alcasync
AliceofOz
Sammiya
Kiyoko
nautilus
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 37 ... 66  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 66]

121welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 9 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:27 pm

alcasync

alcasync

I have information too!

A room is only locked for one phase, so starting tomorrow, anyone can move into room 7 if they want to. And it acts as a kind of jail. Any actions targeted to the locked room will fail, nobody will be able to enter the room, and any players in the locked room won't be able to leave. Just for one night, though.

I know this because I was in room 7 last night.

122welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 9 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:30 pm

nautilus

nautilus

float tally.

No Lynch: I

high seraph vs.
Kiyoko vs.
Luxaria vs.
Sammiya vs.
AliceofOz vs.
alcasync vs.
Mr. Alice vs.
T3tsuya vs. No Lynch
Tiki the Troll vs.
Rasei vs.
drandahl vs.
plotstickers vs.
eleni vs.
deo vs.
chinomi vs.
Ardonye vs.
Ninfia vs.
Kotakia vs.

Last edited by nautilus on Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

123welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 9 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

alcasync wrote:I know this because I was in room 7 last night.

alcasync wrote:nobody will be able to enter the room, any players in the locked room won't be able to leave.

Senpai notices you.

Updated info board, with sources of information added.

• rollover: There is a role that locks doors.
  • rollover: Room 7 was locked last night.
  • rollover: Mafia (presumably) either targeted the locked room, or they targeted a room with two players in it. In any case, no one died.

• nautilus clarification: If the NK "fails" then that means no trap is laid. So assuming the kill attempt was the NK, there is currently no trap set.
  • nautilus clarification: If the NK sender is roleblocked, the NK will not appear in rollover at all.

• Kotakia: Kotakia was alone in room 27 last night.
  • Kotakia: Nobody was in room 26 last night.

• Kiyoko: Kiyoko shared a room with Ardonye last night.
  • Kiyoko: Kiyoko is not currently inclined to think that Ardonye is mafia.

• alcasync: A locked room blocks actions targeted to the room and prevents players from leaving or entering the room.
  • alcasync: A room is only locked for one night.
  • alcasync: alcasync was in room 7 last night (presumably alone since no one could enter).

• Assuming alca is telling the truth about all of that, then alca did not send in the NK last night.

Last edited by Kiyoko on Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:49 pm; edited 3 times in total

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

124welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 9 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:44 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

nautilus wrote:
Room #7 [Kiyoko-senpai Please Notice Me] was locked!
There was a kill attempt on a room, but it failed!

Ok so we have very little to go off of today. But right off the bat we can at least glean some valuable information from this.

Room 7 was locked, the only thing I can take from that is that it's a jailer role. If a room is locked no one would likely be able to get in or possibly out. Not sure how long the room would remain locked but we'll probably figure out specifics later. What's important is we have a helpful role mostly confirmed as being present.

A kill attempt failed. I can assume since there's only one kill attempt listed, it's the Mafia NK. The "failed" qualifier either likely means they were stunned confirming a stunner role, or far more likely they hit an empty room. If even one person is saying they spent the night with someone else that means there's 10+ empty rooms making it by far the most likely scenario.

We're not going to be able to discern much unless people come forward with information they've gathered over the night. So until that happens, if that happens

VOTE: No Lynch

Ninfia wrote:that trap is worrisome. hopefully no one will get swept up in it :(

A trap? Am I missing something? I didn't see anything about a trap in rollover. Are you referring to the locked door?

EDIT: Oh I just reread the first post. I didn't see the part about a trap being set from a failed kill, I think that's what you mean. Yeah that is a little worrisome but in terms of sheer numbers it's not very likely that we'll accidentally hit it.

alcasync wrote:I have information too!

A room is only locked for one phase, so starting tomorrow, anyone can move into room 7 if they want to. And it acts as a kind of jail. Any actions targeted to the locked room will fail, nobody will be able to enter the room, and any players in the locked room won't be able to leave. Just for one night, though.

I know this because I was in room 7 last night.

This is pretty helpful to know, so yeah. It's a jailer role. If the kill failed because they hit the jailed room, there's no trap I'd assume. But to err on the side of caution. We should assume an empty room was hit and a trap was set and act accordingly around that.

125welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 9 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:48 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Kiyoko wrote:According to nautilus, if the kill that failed was a mafia NK, that means that there was also no trap laid.

Q: Does kill attempt on a room failing mean no trap was laid?
A: If it was the mafia night kill, yes <o><o>

No trap guys, everyone stop freaking out.

Edited the infodump list to include this detail.

Edit to clarify, if the failed kill attempt was the NK then there is no trap set. I suppose there's the chance that there's like, a mafia vig, and their kill attempt failed but the real mafia kill attempt targeted an empty room and left a trap there.

126welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 9 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:53 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

Kiyoko wrote:
Kiyoko wrote:According to nautilus, if the kill that failed was a mafia NK, that means that there was also no trap laid.

Q: Does kill attempt on a room failing mean no trap was laid?
A: If it was the mafia night kill, yes <o><o>

No trap guys, everyone stop freaking out.

Edited the infodump list to include this detail.

So interestingly if that's true, based on how this is written in the OP
If no players are in that room for the night, the mafia member who is submitting the night kill will lay a “trap” in that room.

That means that the mafia night kill was blocked and didn't fail due to hitting an empty room. Guess that means alcasync used her outrageous ESP and blocked the correct room.

127welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 9 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:55 pm

alcasync

alcasync

I didn't say I was the room locking role.

And mafia could also have targeted a room with two people in it. That would also cause the NK to fail and no trap to be set. If Kiyoko spent the night in the same room with Ardonye, then we know there was at least one room that had two people in it last night. ;v;

128welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 9 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:57 pm

nautilus

nautilus

I made an FAQ to underline questions that I've gotten multiple times, here. If anything here contradicts Page 1 or isn't clear, let me know. I'm also going to rewrite page 1 so it reads easier because I just copy and pasted the entire thing from my proof of concept, h-haha.

129welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 9 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:08 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

alcasync wrote:I didn't say I was the room locking role.

And mafia could also have targeted a room with two people in it. That would also cause the NK to fail and no trap to be set. If Kiyoko spent the night in the same room with Ardonye, then we know there was at least one room that had two people in it last night. ;v;

I just assumed that if you had information about the jailer role, you were likely the jailer role since usually if you're just under the effect of a role like that you wouldn't be given that much information. If I'm wrong and you are given that much information about a role's effect on you, we could likely get a lot more knowledge on some roles if more people speak up. I'm not convinced only one person was hit with a role effect last night.

The night kill being listed as failing because it hit a room with two people would make more sense statistically than the one locked room out of 27 rooms being targeted. We can probably subscribe to that line of thinking and assume that is what happened, and so no trap was set. Which is nice, we can still move around more or less freely if that's true.

130welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 9 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:15 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

T3tsuya wrote:I just assumed that if you had information about the jailer role, you were likely the jailer role since usually if you're just under the effect of a role like that you wouldn't be given that much information.

I'll address the other posts eventually, but butting in to say that from what I've asked of Nautilus, you will be informed if someone else is in the room with you, I think? So it'd stand to reason that Alcasync would know if someone was in her room and locked the door as well.

Edit: I suppose someone could've... locked the room as they left or from the outside? That seems unlikely. Going by Nautilus' flavor, it feels like there's two people in the room and someone else locked it. But the role might be pro-town (if going by flavor), so I don't really want us to air the exact workings of it just yet.

131welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 9 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:21 pm

chinomi

chinomi

/arrives back 4 hours late with tim hortons

YOU KNOW WHAT
NO NK IS A GREAT START

idk i don't think alcasync is the jailer because wouldn't that make them immune to everything ever if they were always in a jailed room? i think the jailing/locking action is separate from movement.

132welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 9 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:36 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

Luxaria wrote:
Edit: I suppose someone could've... locked the room as they left or from the outside? That seems unlikely. Going by Nautilus' flavor, it feels like there's two people in the room and someone else locked it. But the role might be pro-town (if going by flavor), so I don't really want us to air the exact workings of it just yet.

That's kind of what I was thinking might be the case. I don't fully believe you have to be in the room to lock it. Otherwise you just go inside to lock it from the inside. Is it that interesting of a role to be the only person in the hotel that knows how to bolt in the latch?

But I could be wrong about that too. I'm just not fully willing to just subscribe to flavor being the overall decider of how rules work, though I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

That one would be as simple to find out as asking alcasync "Was there someone else in the room with you?".

It's noncommittal and we aren't revealing anyone in asking that. I think it's a safe question.

133welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 9 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:40 pm

alcasync

alcasync

As far as I'm aware, I was alone in Room 7. ;v;

134welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 9 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:48 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Not sure if it's a good idea to speculate too much on the identity of a jailer, whether it's alca or not. I know in the WIP thread nautilus was considering giving mafia targeted kills, so I think it's possibly safe to assume mafia might have a vig that can target players instead of rooms. While there's no guarantee that the jailer is town-sided, if the jailer is indeed town-sided then a role that can block mafia kills is probably a high priority target.

In any case, assuming alca is telling the truth both about the jail and about being trapped in Room 7 [Kiyoko-senpai Please Notice Me], then (as confirmed by nautilus):

Q: If NK sender was roleblocked, would NK show up as having failed or would it not show up in rollover at all?
A: If that case happened, then I'd say NK would not show up in rollover at all.

alca is at least not NK sender.

Updating my infodump post to reflect this.

135welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 9 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:50 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Hmm, what everyone's saying about it makes sense. I just thought it was weird that it was mentioned in rollover, but didn't necessarily say anything, like someone was protected. Though, I guess that could just be the nature of this room-based take on the game. And I guess we'll just have to take Alca's word for it. If nothing else, if the flavor text in rollover means anything, then everyone made it to breakfast, so no one was locked in their room, heh.

Also, I've been informed that we can say if our attempt to move to a new room was successful or not, if that helps us any.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 66]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 37 ... 66  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum