Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4]

+16
chinomi
Kotakia
deo
eleni
plotstickers
drandahl
Cthulhuhoop
T3tsuya
Rasei
Tiki The Troll
Mr. Alice
alcasync
AliceofOz
Sammiya
Kiyoko
nautilus
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 33 ... 66  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 66]

1welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Empty welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:24 am

nautilus

nautilus

welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] IwBrgbu

It’s a long and stormy night, and your phone is dead (but you're pretty sure no Shia LaBeoufs are going to ambush you this time). You’ve been driving on a farm road for hours, and frankly everything is starting to blur together.

There’s no one else on the road, and every single corn field that flies by your peripheral vision looks the same to you. At this point you’re not even entirely sure if the signs have anything on them anymore.

You think back: you promised someone you’d be home the next morning. The more you drive, though, morning seems further and further away.

Suddenly, a lifeline appears. Some lights. Your resolve to keep driving picks up ever so slightly, knowing that there's a sign of life near the end of this path.

A house appears over the horizon, and you speed towards it. Your car is running low on gas, but you manage to pull up close enough to see the rickety sign before your car gives and putters out.

Wel o e to the           Bed & Breakfast

The house itself looks worse for wear, and surely over a hundred years old. The name of the house has long been lost by the sands of time (conveniently, you might add). But the house seems lit, with every window gleaming… Someone has to be there.

Maybe you should stay the night.

Last edited by nautilus on Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:06 pm; edited 18 times in total

2welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:42 am

nautilus

nautilus

welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] QyIi9er

You are a traveller who has to stay the night at a really creepy bed and breakfast with a bunch of other guests. There is no way out, and there's... some strange quirks about this bed and breakfast. Like, uh, the fact that the second floor is an improbably long hallway.

The mafia are a bunch of murderers who want to kill everyone in the bed and breakfast. Surprise, it's not a continental breakfast, but murder.

The town are innocent bystanders who are trying to get out of the bed and breakfast while simultaneously trying to escape the grasp of the murderers.

The neutral is a neutral.

The town wins when the entire mafia is dead.
The mafia wins when the ratio of town to mafia is equal.
If neutrals exist (player count depending), they will have their own win conditions.

ROOM MECHANIC.

In the bed and breakfast, there are 27 rooms. They are arranged in one very long hallway, with each room next to each other as so…

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
======================
blank wall, other side of the hallway

If this is hard to conceptualize, a diagram can be found here.

At the beginning of the game, each player is assigned a room alongside their role PM, designated their initial starting position. During N0, the player may give the room they were initially assigned a name (this has no bearing on the actual game; it'll just pop up alongside the room # wherever the room number is mentioned).  

Every night, players can elect to either move to another room during the night, or stay in their room. This will be sent in just like sending in a role action during the night phase, and is treated identical to a normal action (so it counts as a visit, etc.,)

If two players are in the same room during the night, any kill attempts (specifically: mafia night kill or vigilante kills) made towards anyone in that room will fail, regardless of the players’ alignments. A maximum of two players can stay in a room.

If a player chooses to stay in their room, staying in the room that you were in the night before has the highest priority for room movements. If players attempt to move to a room in such a way that there will be more than two people in it, the last player to attempt to move into the room (determined by inbox priority) will remain in their original room for the night.

Example: Lucy and Sally were in Room 1 during N0. Both elect to stay in this room for N1. David was in Room 13 for N0. He attempts to move to Room 1 for N1. However, because there are already two players in Room 1 that are carrying over from the previous night, he is forced out of the room and is "bumped" back into Room 13. He is informed via PM of his current room placement at the end of the phase.

Players cannot stay in the same room for more than two nights in a row. If a player refuses to move, on the third night they will be randomized into a room. Should bumping occur in such a way that a player is forced back into their room two nights in a row, it will randomize them if it happens again on the third night.

Certain roles may not count towards the room limit and allow for 3 players to be in a room together. Players with these roles will be informed about these loopholes.

Certain roles may completely destroy rooms. Destruction of a room means that on future nights, no player may enter that room or use that room for any action. Players will be notified if any rooms have been destroyed upon rollover.

Upon the night to day rollover, players will be informed of what room they ended up in during the night via PM, and if anyone was with them in the room that night. If there was another player with them in the same room that night, they will be notified of who it was in the same PM. This PM can also be referred to as the "Good Morning!" PM. Go with it.

MAFIA.

There will be mafia in this game. They can all move independently of each other and will be assigned separate rooms. For the most part, they operate identical to that of regular town players.

Should the mafia choose to submit a night kill, one of the mafia is “tasked” with carrying it out. The night kill is performed as follows:

The mafia who is selected to submit the night kill may select a room to target, including the room they are already in. If there is only one player in that room (or in the case that they are staying in the room they were in the previous night, a town player enters the room), that player will be immediately killed.

If no players are in that room for the night, the mafia member who is submitting the night kill will lay a “trap” in that room.

Any town player who enters the room with the trap on subsequent nights will be killed in the trap; if two town players enter a room with a trap in it, the trap will be nullified permanently. Mafia players cannot be killed by traps and are effectively immune.

Once a player is killed by the trap or it is nullified by two town players being in the room with the trap, it will disappear.

Certain roles may be able to remove traps. Additionally, traps will malfunction and break down if they are not activated after 2 consecutive nights.

The mafia member who submits the night kill cannot move twice; their nightly "room movement" action is used up in the process of submitting the night kill room target. That is, they can't say they want to submit the night kill on room x and then move to room y; they can only submit the night kill on the residents of room x and they will move to room x.

MISC INFO.

Every player will have their own individual role, which they can use during the phase specified in the role ability. Given the unique structure of this game, an action priority cannot be accurately given, but it can be assumed that the following is true:

Passive Abilities > Active Abilities

Roles may have individual quirks that allow them to circumvent things mentioned in the huge wall of text above, but one can assume that the main game rules/structures will apply to the vast majority of roles.

Stuns and jails (if they exist) will show up in rollover.
If a trap is dismantled or breaks down, it will show up in rollover. The room in which the trap was laid will not appear in rollover.
Failed kills will show up in rollover.
Traps being laid will not show up in rollover.

Last edited by nautilus on Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:25 am; edited 12 times in total

3welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:44 am

nautilus

nautilus

welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] MUtAYGT

• Closed roles. Players may claim whatever they want as long as they don't post their role PMs verbatim and do text analysis on them.
  • Players cannot speak with dead players/ghosts after death. There may be revival roles in play.
  • Players cannot claim their room numbers in-thread (this extends out to social media and private messaging between individuals). This basically involves any case (whether real or fake) of players publicly discussing which rooms they'll move into in the next night phase. There will be repercussions if players flaunt this rule. Speculation of room numbers otherwise is fine. Clarification of the rules can be found in the following links: x (at end) x x x x
  • In the same veins, players cannot "pre-plan" night actions in-thread or attempt to plan movement for future nights. This and the above have their own punishment that sucks for whatever alignment has it. Don't do it.
  • Players cannot claim their room names in-thread. Clarification can be found here: x
  • Typical mafia rules otherwise, don't be inactive. Post every 48 hours or give me prior notice to inactivity. No vote is not identical to no lynch. If you do not vote for two day phases in a row, you will lose your night ability and room movement for the next night.
  • If you fail to submit to me a room movement over the night, even if it's just "I want to stay in my original room", then you won't move from the room you were the night before, and the typical "two nights in your room then random" from the example given prior applies.
  • Only one vote-change is allowed. No unlimited vote changes. Only bolded votes count; multiple bolded votes without unvotes clearly designated will count as individual votes.
  • Rollover time will be at 12pm EST (9am PST). On Mondays, rollover time will be 11am EST (8am PST) because the owner of this dubious bed and breakfast has something she needs to do every Monday afternoon. Other changes in rollover will be noted in-thread as well.

welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Tl9bbqZ

☛ high seraph
Kiyoko killed n2, student, town
☛ Luxaria
☛ Sammiya
☛ AliceofOz
☛ alcasync
☛ Mr. Alice
☛ T3tsuya
☛ Tiki the Troll
☛ Rasei
drandahl lynched d2, hunter, town
☛ plotstickers
☛ eleni
☛ deo
☛ chinomi
☛ Ardonye
☛ Ninfia
☛ Kotakia

Last edited by nautilus on Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:37 pm; edited 26 times in total

4welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:44 am

nautilus

nautilus

welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] IRBQ8iq

night 0 end.

Room #7 [Kiyoko-senpai Please Notice Me] was locked!
There was a kill attempt on a room, but it failed!
Day 1 has begun. Please vote for who (if any) you would like to lynch. A reminder that players only have one vote change.
Day 1 will end on August 12th, 2015 at 12:00PM EST.

day 1 end.

No one was lynched.
Night 1 has begun. Please send in room movements and actions. Night 1 will end on August 13th, 2015 at 12:00PM EST.

night 1 end.

Room #1 [The Fleshy Mushroom Fun Room] was locked!
Mr. Alice was silenced! They may not post at all for this entire phase with the exception of their vote.
Day 2 has begun. Please vote for who (if any) you would like to lynch. A reminder that players only have one vote change.
Day 2 will end on August 14th, 2015 at 12:00PM EST.

day 2 end.

drandahl was lynched! They were the HUNTER. They were TOWN.
Night 2 has begun. Please send in your room movements and actions, if any.
Night 2 will end on August 15th, 2015 at 12:00PM EST.

night 2 end.

Room #26 [The Legend of Nautilus: Mafia’s Mask] was locked!
There was a kill attempt on a room, but it failed!
Kiyoko has been killed! She was killed in ROOM #4 [死死死死 the room of your DREAMS 死死死死]! She was the STUDENT. She was TOWN.
Room #4 [死死死死 the room of your DREAMS 死死死死] has been destroyed! No one may enter it on future nights!
The sacrificial lamb has been killed. He who lurks in the subconsciousness of men is now in play.
Day 3 has begun. Please vote for who, if any, you would like to lynch.
Day 3 will end on August 16th, 2015 at 12:00PM EST.

FAQ.

The mafia kill is submitted as "Hey, I'm moving/staying to/in room # and I'm also going to be performing the mafia kill."

The mafia member who says that moves to room # and then if there's a single player in there, they kill them.
If there are two players in room #, the kill will fail and the mafia member will be bumped back to their original room (no trap).
If there are no players in room #, mafia lays a trap that can be used to kill in the following night.

Two town in trapped room: trap is dismantled.
One town, one mafia in trapped room: trap kills town, regardless of whether or not mafia sent in NK.
Two mafia in trapped room: trap doesn't activate, trap is not dismantled. Treated like it was an empty room. Mafia is passively immune to traps.

The ratio at the beginning is 12:5:1.

thanks!

Thank you to Cthuluhoop and Kiyoko for helping with balancing! You're all amazing.

Thank you to a sentient fruit for moral support, and also being the person that hears me yak about this game constantly, haha.

Thank you to Ninfia for providing me room images to use for rollover!

This game is a remixed version of Hotel Pokéfornia, a game created by Ardonye (who should be credited for the room mechanic, other mechanics, and also she's pretty cool) and house of leaves., a game created by yoshimitsu (who is also pretty cool and should be credited for the general flavor and style of the game, among other things).

Last edited by nautilus on Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:18 am; edited 9 times in total

5welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:47 am

nautilus

nautilus

welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] H12aMNg

OKAY LET'S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD, THIS THREAD IS OPEN, I'LL MAKE IT PRETTY LATER.

I am aiming for 12 players minimum. Tell your friends. Tell your dog/cat/foxdogcat. I also don't plan to start this game for a few days, so if you're wary of overlap with KH mafia don't worry o/

I was also told that high seraph and Kiyoko should especially play this game.

So, play this game.

6welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:58 am

high seraph

high seraph

Hello, I believe I have a reservation under the name of Seraph. High Seraph, yes. My date will be here shortly too we had a... misunderstanding of sorts but nothing that should get in the way of our holiday. Feel free to give him the keys to my room whenever he gets here, alright buddy?

Here, a tip, as thanks for your troubles. Now, which was my room again?

7welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:59 am

nautilus

nautilus

I'm so glad.

Hopefully you and your ... ah, partner, don't... perish and be found behind a bed with a sock on one of your feet, or something.

Not like I'd know anything about that.

8welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:12 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Signing up yo

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

9welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:14 am

high seraph

high seraph

Gasp! That was just... gossip!! The things people will say, nowadays you should, um, not believe them so easily! I-I'm just going to be in my room, if you don't mind, thank you for your time.

10welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:42 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Ahem. Now that I'm at a computer and can type a proper message.

Lucas.

I...

I have loved you for all these years. And now, at long last, we have this opportunity to make things right. It will be perfect this time and absolutely nobody will die in mysteriously gruesome ways, I promise. I took precautions. I didn't even pack socks this time.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

11welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:54 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

Count me in!

12welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:10 am

Sammiya

Sammiya
Admin

Signing up~

This seems like it'll be funnnnnnn~

https://crywolf.rpg-board.net

13welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:34 am

AliceofOz

AliceofOz

Oh my goodness I love this opening post it's so pretty and those graphics <3

*clears throat*

Room for one please.

welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Abw6Wrl

14welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:36 am

alcasync

alcasync

I'll join!

15welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:10 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

sign me the hell in (you suckered me in with the shia lebeouf thing i'm sorry)

Last edited by Mr. Alice on Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:13 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : WHY WON'T THIS MESSAGE BOARD ACCEPT MY MEMES)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 66]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 33 ... 66  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum