Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6

+22
lulu
deo
angel★
Pan
Mr. Gerbear
Tiki The Troll
Kiyoko
Entelechy
nautilus
Rasei
T3tsuya
alcasync
Aeiou
Mr. Alice
Sammiya
ezzelin
plotstickers
high seraph
drandahl
Ninfia
Luxaria
Cure
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 54 ... 58  Next

Go down  Message [Page 50 of 58]

736Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:37 am

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

i just want to sleep but every time i do my pre-teethbrushing page refreshing, more posts pop up if it's not one thread it's another, i just want to sleep, i just want to brush my teeth and go to sleep but then i start reading posts and i'm like oh shit should i be paying more attention to these and honestly all i can remember now is thinking that eleni is a literal goddess because i can't believe she watched rick and morty and oh my god we are on a roll with cartoons hey pan when is that barn episode of steven universe coming out or is it out yet god i am so behind look my face is gross and i really need slep but what i need most is for lulu to bite me with her snek fangs but please don't touch me with your snek hands that's really weird ok it's just really really freaky like god they're moving flesh nubs, literal moving flesh nubs so i come to my thread, my home thread instance, my castle, my fortress, we are the a-team, we are the alpha timeline, and i just ??? one of us has to go and i have no idea who but first of all can someone please god can someone just sweet almighty jesus tell me how that flaming nautilus bandwagon happened i look back at that thread and i get 'nam flashbacks and it's just fire and screaming and a blue-haired princess in a burning oregon trail wagon going downhill at the rate of 50 miles per hour and nO. NO. NO. I AM GOING TO BED NOW I AM GOING TO BRUSH MY TEETH BECAUSE I HAVE A FAMILY HISTORY OF DENTAL COMPLICATIONS AND THEN CLIMBING DOWN TO MY BED AND honestly i'm just gonna be on mobile until it gets to 20% and then it's like 4 am and i'm like shit shit shit i have too many tabs of too many tags please hel

737Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:25 am

chinomi

chinomi

okay i mustve actually been confused last voting phase because i didnt really realize that nautilus wasn't the only suspected target after aeiou laid down their information. so we actually could have chosen between naut and five as ones that people thought were mafia? i was under the impression it was more like an 'if naut rolls town then both aeiou and five are probably mafia" situation but considering aeiou's last post that's... obviously not sure.

i'm pretty scrambled up right now and am going to bed soon but i'll be back tomorrow to put down a vote. i will say right now to avoid any surprises that i'm most likely going to vote for Five tomorrow, unless something more drastic with information pops up. for the record my role is incredibly passive and only really useful under certain circumstances involving my own knowledge of things going on within the game and with books. and i'm really not ashamed to admit i'm not very familiar with a lot of books... so alas...

738Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:24 am

high seraph

high seraph

Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 50 OfmKs8e

Original post:

739Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:38 am

Five

Five

Holy banana casserole, Lucas, I am not, nor have I ever been a jailer! I don't know how many times I'll have to say this. I am not a jailer. I am not a jailer. I am not a jailer. I am not a jailer. I am not a jailer. I am not a jailer. I am not a jailer. I am not a jailer! lulu is (almost definitely) a jailer. lulu is PROBABLY the Earth's Children series or some book therein. I am, however, not sure about any of this because I am not a role cop and I do not actually have any information about the mechanics or name of lulu's role. But, for real, yo, I am not a fucking jailer. My role is investigative in nature and potentially useless. The only information I have that I've not shared is completely useless. I guess I'd be willing to share it if anyone really really wants to hear it, but that would be absolutely pointless.

Thinking about it further, I am not sure why we're discounting the possibility that a member of town jailed lulu night 1. There's no reason we should be sure that it was a dedicated jailer who did so, is there? Roulettes. Role copiers. Some sort of mirror role that selects a player and targets them with their own role. ROLE FUCKIN' MADNESS, KIDS, THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS.

I don't know that I trust this mortician-Lucas deal. I wish we had lynched someone on day 1 when we were in a goddamn FANTASTIC spot to do so. Trying to keep up with these four threads is a chore and I'm tempted to vote for MYSELF if not chinomi or Lucas because sifting through four different threads is hell and I don't want it.

An edit, regarding the butt book: if I'm understanding Aeiou correctly, the book in question is Pounded In The Butt By My Book "Pounded In The Butt By My Own Butt". If I had to guess, devoid of context, what this book does, I'd say that it uses a targeted player's role on them, because it's about getting pounded in the butt by a book about getting pounded in the butt. Makes sense, yeah? I'm willing to bet that book made lulu jail herself.

740Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:49 am

Rasei

Rasei

vote:high seraph because as it was said in a different thhead, we could mitsu's true alignment by lynching him. we only have one in forth chance of being picked to reenter the main thread

Edit: I got called into work and willn't be able to check back in until after rollover.

741Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:34 am

high seraph

high seraph

Rasei, srsly, don't vote for me. We don't need to verify nautilus's alignment by lynching me. Honestly, lynching me wouldn't provide any clue about nautilus's alignment. I'm town and I am sharing some factual role information with you guys and if you want to lynch the goddamn role cop, then be my guest, but I think this is a huge mistake.

In hindsight, I think dropping nautilus's role in the thread was a stupid move because it creates a serious risk for me, and even if I manage to not get lynched, the mafia will obviously put one of their stuns on me next phase to prevent me from investigating any more dead bodies, which sucks. If there are any roles that can somehow prevent that situation, I'd be happy if you could help me guarantee my next investigation is successful. I just hate the fact that I dropped that info in the thread without thinking carefully about the situation, but at the same time I worried about dying next night phase without ever revealing what I got, which could have been even worse.

sighs

@ five, if you're really some kind of cop, I suggest you just out your information asap because this puts you in a situation much similar to mine. You'll either get killed or stunned from now on (like last phase), and I'd hate to see ya dead and your information, wasted. Even if you think it's useless, it probably isn't tbh.

In this thread, I'm not willing to vote for either Rasei or Five. So I'll throw a vote: chinomi out there and give absolutely zero reasoning for it because we know nothing about chi anyway, but if I had to take a wild guess on who has the Butt book, chi would be the first person I'd suggest tbh. Besides, there's a possibility that the Butt Book is the NK sender, given Aeiou's info (btw @five, I think what you suggested is unlikely since Aeiou sees the roles that acted on lulu?? if she targeted the butt and her action reflected i think only lulu's book would show up for Aeiou... but who knows)

eta oh great Rasei isn't gonna come back to change her vote

742Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:38 am

high seraph

high seraph

ADOrnYE IS THE BEST DOG OH MY GOD thank u good dog

Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 50 Good-dog-best-friend-o

743Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:49 am

chinomi

chinomi

putting it out there that i'm not the butt book. i'm actually not a comedic book at all. those bananas from before? nope. not about my role. i just felt like posting bananas. i've actually been leaving some pppppp pppppp hints pppp ppp role ppppppppp ignore - but i can say that at least two people should be able to tell what my role is, and hopefully three by the end of this phase/going into the night phase. lynching me would be a pretty big mistake because, while i'm not entirely useful on my own with my power, i'm guessing i can collab with another member of town to figure out more stuff but at the moment i'm kind of lost on the results of my own role - which is passive btw. you'll never, ever see me act during a night phase.

744Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:56 am

chinomi

chinomi

anyway i changed my mind on my vote

vote: MR. ALICE

LEMME HEAR YA STORY BLAIRE LEMME HEAR YA STORY

745Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:58 am

Five

Five

Alright, here is my information. It's completely goddamn useless to everyone, as I told you, but you didn't want to listen to me. (edit only to fix formatting.)

From night 0:

Luxaria likes asking questions.
Luxaria has never eaten bbq ribs.
[FALSE] Luxaria can influence other players every other day phase.

From night 1:

[FALSE] Lulu single-handedly fought a kangaroo. Twice.
Lulu is gay for reptiles.
Every night, Lulu can lure people into caves for fun and sexy times.

746Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:37 am

high seraph

high seraph

I guess whenever you target someone, you receive three pieces of info, one of which is false hmm

Since you're new around here I don't suppose you could have prior knowledge of whether or not Lux had ever eater bbq ribs in her life. So I'm willing to believe this claim. Besides, I know Kiyo doesn't like alignment cops, so this does seem like a role that she would write tbh. This is like... a way more obnoxious version of a role cop lmao.

I suppose the line "Every night, Lulu can lure people into caves for fun and sexy times." is what led you into believing saying that "lulu is PROBABLY the Earth's Children series or some book therein. I am, however, not sure about any of this because I am not a role cop and I do not actually have any information about the mechanics or name of lulu's role". For what is worth, this does lend a LOT of credence to lulu's jailer claim because I can perfectly picture some sexy fun times in a cave jail.

Tying this in with Lux's post in thread β:

Luxaria wrote:As for myself, if you're still curious why I'm not really as "energetic" as usual, the honest truth is that to me this game isn't Town vs Mafia, but rather Lux vs Role. I don't really want to get into the details right now. It's just really hurting my investment, both mentally and emotionally, into this game, and between all the quirks and ridiculousness--which distract and irritate me--I'm just not amused.

hmmm.................................. nope i got nothing.

I'm not sure I believe chi's "i'm not a butt" because chi is definitely a butt. But whatever, I'm gonna do the unvote, vote: mr alice because what do we even know about blaire too, spoiler its absolutely nothing we know nothing about blaire she is an enigma

747Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:05 pm

high seraph

high seraph

lulu wrote:if i'm understanding (2) correctly, this is a "if someone acts on me they have a chance of dying", role power, is that correct...? if that's the case, isn't it possible you could have procced this ability and died while investigating her corpse last night? if nautilus was town and had this role, she would've hard-claimed it before dying. it's highly likely any mortician-like roles we have are town (mafia have no reason to act on dead people) - nautilus would have known it's highly likely a town would act on her after her death and would have warned thread beforehand.

The PM I received on N2 is a 100% perfect copy of the PM nautilus received on game start. If we have any doubts about how this role works, nautilus had them first. The difference is that she had the privilege of consulting the hosrs for clarifications, even though I think the horsr would be nerd losers and just make cat noises and owl faces at her. What I'm trying to say is, idfk how this "if you enter the corridor u could die" thing works, and I don't think nautilus did either. The fact that her role is so full of weird stuff only reassures me that she was town after all.

I really think she didn't know exactly what would happen. And I don't know exactly how this works either, even though I've read her role like fifty times. FYI, her role is so weird it has around 1000 words, about 35~ of which are actual role instructions.

idk if you're scared of ghosts and dying, don't touch nautilus's body? ?? but i did and it felt kinda good, she's still kind of warm and soft

lulu wrote:i think i should also point out that "incapable of being observed when acting" is an odd ability to give someone who has no actions but tbf it's also a ridiculous role to give to mafia so that's also... um....... i don't know..... i guess it's about as reasonable to give maf as a timed suicide.......

anyway if high seraph is town then aeiou is likely mafia i think....

Maybe my paraphrasing wasn't really good there. I'll rephrase it: nautilus cannot perform an action that can be seen or be targeted by any actions. This means that:

1) nautilus can't act, period.
2) nautilus can target players, but this action doesn't show up in rollover and/or
3) nautilus can target players, but this action can't be tracked by other roles

atm, I'm leaning towards the first option. Like I said, I have nautilus's entire role in my hands, and this is what the original line sounds closest to. This means that Aeiou lied about seeing her act on lulu on N1. Honestly, I'd be willing to lynch Aeiou this phase if I wasn't in the cool kidz thread. If you guys over at thread γ would take a suggestion, I'd say vote for Aeiou.

748Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:17 pm

Five

Five

I don't get to know which pieces of information are false, of course, unless it's glaringly obvious (fighting kangaroos? yeah fucking right), only how many each night. To my knowledge, I'm not guaranteed to get a role result, either. I voted Luxaria with the reason about ribs because I knew one of those pieces of information was false and it was easy to verify the bit about liking to ask questions by reading some posts from earlier games. I figured the ability looked kind of mafiaish, so if I could verify the bit about ribs to be false I'd have an important read. Instead it turned out that the ribs information was some kind of meme and I accidentally bullied poor lux oops. All I can really say about lux with any relevance is that they ability I got for them was not... their ability.

Also, if I'm right about Pounded In The Butt By My Book, Pounded In The Butt By My Own Butt's role power, it looks pretty mafia to me?

749Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:27 pm

chinomi

chinomi

I MAY BE A BUTT BUT IM NOT A BUTT BOOK

750Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 - Page 50 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Prologue - Chapter 6 Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:08 pm

high seraph

high seraph

hey hosts could we get a tally

in every thread

thank u ♥

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 50 of 58]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 54 ... 58  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum