Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16

+20
eleni
ezzelin
alcasync
Aeiou
high seraph
Tiki The Troll
Kiyoko
Ardonye
T3tsuya
Sammiya
deo
plotstickers
Mr. Gerbear
angel★
drandahl
chinomi
lulu
Rasei
Pan
Cure
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 34 ... 60  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 60]

126Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 9 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:11 am

high seraph

high seraph

hmmm, we don't really know Tiki's entire role (and we shouldn't), but I don't think he would have multiple uses of his blanket protection. Granted, mafia could still have jailed him in order to prevent any other protection he could have up his sleeve, if any. So yeah, I guess it's possible that both mafia and Tiki jailed Tiki. :|a

eta: then again, Tiki also made the strange choice of claiming what he would do ahead of time, so I don't think mafia would have wasted their jail on Tiki unless?? they thought he was lying? idk

@hosrs, if someone is jailed/stunned twice in the same phase, would it show up twice?

all the other things u suggest are also valid thank u mariya ;w; the only one I'm not so sure about is the rollover editing, because it brings us back to the main issue we had with the gibberish role, that mafia would have to see rollover before they could edit anything out of it. I think a lot of people can manage being online by the time rollover is posted, so we could easily notice it if rollover was ever edited. Unless there was some kind of arrangement between mafia and hosrs to let them edit out something that they knew would happen but... idk this seems unlikely because nobody knows with 100% certainty that their role will succeed and appear in rollover, and I also remember another game hosted by Kiyoko where this sort of arrangement wasn't allowed.

For what is worth, the mafia jailer is most likely anyone among Luxaria, drandahl, plotstickers, and Entelechy, so I'd be down with lynching either one of them this phase. I'll look through their posts one more time and check if anything else stands out about them though, so maybe this list will get even thinner by the end of the day.

edit

Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 9 Giphy

127Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 9 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:51 am

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

high seraph wrote:hmmm, we don't really know Tiki's entire role (and we shouldn't), but I don't think he would have multiple uses of his blanket protection. Granted, mafia could still have jailed him in order to prevent any other protection he could have up his sleeve, if any. So yeah, I guess it's possible that both mafia and Tiki jailed Tiki. :|a

eta: then again, Tiki also made the strange choice of claiming what he would do ahead of time, so I don't think mafia would have wasted their jail on Tiki unless?? they thought he was lying? idk

Which reminds me that, yeah, even I role claimed all I could do, I did, maybe, possibly, neglect to mention that on D5 I get revealed to be Town. =D

Also, was going to RP a reaction to Angelstar getting taken out, probably by a Town, but too tired. I can see the logic though, as she "won" the vote in her House of Leaves room vote, and we have managed to avoid almost every NK (though we definitely need to improve our lunch accuracy...).

128Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 9 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:58 am

high seraph

high seraph

who do you think we should lunch, tiki?

i mean, youre confirmed townie so your input is especially important.

edit: also @mariya, the possibility that "jailer was incapacitated" doesn't fit either, because the only incapacitated players were Tiki and Rasei, both of whom are decidedly not the mafia jailer. I mean, there's the possibility that the mafia jailer was incapacitaded for the same reason lulu's jail disappeared, but idk how likely that is??

129Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 9 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:18 am

Ardonye

Ardonye

high seraph wrote:who do you think we should lunch, tiki?
actual cannibal lucas

@lucas: that's true. tbh when making that list I just thought of possible scenarios without considering the context of the night it happened

http://ardonye.tumblr.com

130Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 9 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:36 am

high seraph

high seraph

omg tiki was the one who mentioned something abt lunch ok

and thats ok mariya! !! i suspected as much anyway, and you've been a gr8 help trying to put some order in the house (not the house tho, it's impossible to put order in that one)

also i keep editing my posts (sorry) but I just wanted to pin this here:

angelstar wrote:i just thought of this as i reread some of the thread and saw alca's post, but i'd like to request that if i do die and there's a revival role interested in reviving me, please wait at least a few night phases before reviving me ;w;

131Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 9 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:59 am

deo

deo

oh i do wanna say though since i saw it mentioned, when I received the timeline lists, I didn't see Tiki's town outing in either of them so the given happened either way it seems

i dont think that matters for anything but anyway yes

132Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 9 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:04 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

I'm in bed, so bear with me.

Kind of amusing that being frustrated by certain mechanics makes me scummy to you, but anyway. My thread on... N2/D3? I think? Had none of the people that were key in the sudden swap to Mitsu on D2. Deo had votes on him and so mafia orchestrating to save him... Wouldn't be out of the realms of suspicion, but seemed unlikely. He also felt kind of town, but you'll notice I focused more on him and Sammiya than on Nye and Ezz that phase. To this end, I commented that we have some very quiet players we know nothing about this far into the game. I said and have said I'd want to  lynch them.

Anyway, I was not in a thread with Aeiou, lulu, and a few others (can't remember off the top of my head) that had the intense D2 discussion. I wanted to more directly question those involved, but now Aeiou flipped town, and my read on lulu since early D2 has been town, so. I find it weird that Aeiou was killed, but I guess watcher roles may be stronger than I think.

Re: "upset about claims"
I was mostly just amused that it resulted in so many claiming in that mess. It makes sense to claim when you're about to go out, but I hate claiming sprees because it feels like... Well there's no real optimization of timing your claim or trying to keep mafia guessing. It arms mafia with knowledge, and now, for instance, they might be controlling Lulu's jail, it sounds like? And killed Aeiou. They would not have known these things before, but then again lulu might have been lynched, so. Eh.

Re: My situation
Let's say this. My role's power has exceptionally high variance linked to how I use it. Lux vs Role happened because during N2 I had my face in my hands as I cried in frustration at this role. That's how much I'm not enjoying it. I stopped using it N2 and N3. I wasn't going to use it again because the stress is not worth it for what I'm getting out of it. I did use it last night, however, to test the timelines. Maybe I'll keep using it. It's arguably anti-town not to use it, but by the end of the game it may turn out to have been useless. Tbh, I'm treating myself like vanilla. If you need an alignment flip, I'm not the most damaging to lose, and I'd share what I can before I go down. Whatever good it'd do.

Otherwise, plot, Duck, and Gerry are my main targets because we have nothing on any of them. The people I won't vote are lulu, Lucas, Tet, eleni, Tiki, Nye, and deo for now. There may be another. Maybe Rasei. This is off the top of my head. I'm hot/cold on Ezz, Alca drandahl, Sammie and chinomi. If I missed someone, sorry. Phone post, etc.

Edit: missed Five. She's hot/cold to me, but tentatively not inclined to lynch her due to a mechanics interaction that suggests she's more likely to be town. But mafia isn't off the table. If I'm to be lynched, I'll explain before I go down.

133Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 9 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:32 am

chinomi

chinomi

ANGEL WAS SUCH A CUTE DINOSAUR THOUGH. Do we think that Angel's death was most likely a town vig kill? I personally think it's a really odd kill for both a town target and a mafia target... Angel wasn't really on the radar of anyone, was she? Unless I completely missed something LIKE I USUALLY DO IN THESE FANTASTIC MAFIA GAMES. I'm at work at the moment so this isn't a very long post, sorry. I'm most likely going to vote after work and an appointment I have tonight but hopefully it won't be too close to rollover. I'm not confident in any decision I could possibly make atm and I already led a pretty awful lynch on Blaire during the split threads. I think I'll assume the role of sheep for a little bit, admittedly.

In other news RNG hates me because of reasons.

134Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 9 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:06 am

alcasync

alcasync

Hello! I've been very busy and I'm going to continue to be busy but I'll try to check in again around rollover.

I think the unaccounted for stun (the one that neither Rasei nor Pan claimed) might be due to a roulette role. I will neither confirm nor deny that I am a roulette, but that stun wasn't me, in any case. If this is the case, then other abilities that have shown up only once (the ability theft, for example!) might also be part of that same role.

I also think that it's probably a good idea to focus on the players whose ability we know nothing about, since we have some idea of what the mafia abilities might be but nobody who has claimed so far match those abilities.

Ummm... and I guess while I'm here. I think Mr. Gerbear is the butt book, but I also don't think he's mafia because I think it was a town action to make Lulu jail herself, especially considering she was targeted with the NK that same night.

I found the hints in the most recent rollovers. They weren't in the flavor part, they were in the header.

Chapter 7
Code:
[img(1px,1px)]http://i.imgur.com/arnrwtG.png[/img]

The full-size image is this!
Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 9 ArnrwtG

I think these are the cover images of the books that acted, since the tiger one is Go The Fuck To Sleep and I think the one with the face in it is the butt book.

Chapter 9
Code:
[url=http://0x641264F145A4312][img(700px,142px)]http://i.imgur.com/Ie6MZja.png[/img][/url]

The URL isn't a real website, so it's probably encoded in the URL. I don't really know what to make of this one at all.

vote: Entelechy

135Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 9 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:13 am

eleni

eleni

ahh rip angel ;__; i also do think it could have been a town vig kill- she was definitely one of the remaining unknowns in the game for town and probably could have been one of our lynch candidates today.

so i did confirm with Cure yesterday that it wasn't my ability that protected me from the kill! ty mysterious doctor <3

lulu, can you elaborate on why you would vote high seraph and why you're suspicious of Tet? the former is pretty much confirmed mortician role which clears him as town in my eyes, so i'm curious to hear why you think he might still be maf.

high seraph wrote:Considering all the information we have gathered so far, we're really close to finally being able to identify the mafia jailer. For one, the mafia jailer can't be any of the players that were prevented from acting during the phases where it showed up in rollover. That means:

N0 -> Sammie, alca, high seraph, chinomi
N2 -> eleni, lulu, Five, Aeiou (dead)
N4 -> alca, Gerry, eleni, chi

The mafia jailer also can't be either Rasei, deo, Tiki or Pan, for obvious reasons. In conclusion, any one of these players can be the mafia jailer: Luxaria, drandahl, plotstickers, ezzelin, T3tsuya, Entelechy and Ardonye.
i keep on quoting you as holy seraph omg

out of this list, i'm currently disinclined to vote for Tet and mariya, and i think Entelechy is still busy with irl stuff? which has been the case for a while, but... well. i'm open to voting drandahl, plot, ezz, and tentatively Lux today.

for now, vote: ezzelin

edit- wait, i think ezz disappeared from your second FoS list? did i miss something

ahh nice catch alca!! * O* i do see blindsprings in the image- it's the roses in the third row on the very right so i think this adds to the probability that it shows all of the books that acted last night.

136Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 9 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:19 am

Ardonye

Ardonye

I can say with 99% certainty that I will pass out and miss rollover because my throat is basically the apocalypse so please don't count on me changing my vote unless something goes down in the next 10 min or so.

vote: drandahl
Their votes and FOSes were kind of ??? to me. Just getting maf vibes from their posts thus far. Shitty explanation I know, but I'm really tired and I just want to lie down and hope I magically feel better tomorrow. I can't really be bothered to go back and dissect their posts and ALL THAT FUN STUFF my energy levels are zero zzzz

Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 9 145281-425x282-sad-lab

TWO WALLS OF TEXT SUDDENLY!!!

@eleni: ezz was removed from the list because they were stunned one of the nights the maf jailer acted I think???? that's what I assume

http://ardonye.tumblr.com

137Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 9 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:43 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

@ alca:

orz I just spent so much time looking at book covers before I realized that the book image used would be the one in my role PM... and then that this was from N3, when I didn't act. So I can say mine's not in there.

However, for N4's hint...

0x641264F145A4312
0x641264 http://www.htmlcsscolor.com/hex/641264
0x64126 http://numbermonk.com/binary/409894
0x6412 http://numbermonk.com/hexadecimal/25618
0x641 http://numbermonk.com/hexadecimal/1601
0x64 http://numbermonk.com/hexadecimal/100
0x6 http://numbermonk.com/hexadecimal/6/en

Hm...

I don't know... how hexadecimal works, so... if there are other permutations that are viable... I'm going by http://numbermonk.com/?all=1 for ease of use.

For "4f"
http://numbermonk.com/hexadecimal/79/en 0x4f
http://numbermonk.com/hexadecimal/335/en 0x14f (doesn't work)

For "f1"
http://numbermonk.com/hexadecimal/241/en

For "5A"
http://numbermonk.com/hexadecimal/90/en 0x5a
http://numbermonk.com/hexadecimal/346/en 0x15a (doesn't work)

For "A4"
http://numbermonk.com/hexadecimal/164/en 0xa4
http://numbermonk.com/hexadecimal/420/en 0x1a4 (doesn't work)

I'm guessing insofar that it's a hexadecimal code mashed together to suggest the predominant color of each book's cover that acted last night.

This also suggests that the random collection of letters on... N1->D2 rollover (was it?) is likely a code for all books that acted. I wonder if I can find mine in it, brb.

138Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 9 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:54 am

Rasei

Rasei

I have to go to work early, but I wanna vote:Plot for now.

139Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 9 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:00 am

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

Tbqh drandahl's been fishy for me for a few phases now. Nothing concrete, just ~ feelings ~ and that vote on deo was just weird but also tbqh I don't want to forget to vote so Vote: drandahl

140Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 9 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:05 am

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Despite my best judgement i decided to focus, attempted to ignore High Seraph's flailing as he tried to speak to me. "Who would I suspect? well, going back to when we were all separated, from my own pocket dimension I most suspected Plotstickers and Alcasync. Plotstickers, mostly for being so quiet, though I had far fewer suspicions once she gave her full thoughts on the matter. Meanwhile, there has been something about Alcasync I couldn't help but feel was off, despite giving her own thoughts on the matter."

I took in a few gulps of recaf. i couldn't help but feel i was going to need every once of caffeine I could get that day. "Beyond that, Drandahl has seemed strange too, with his focus and his voting, though that's not terribly unusual for him. There is also, of course, the matter of all those who voted for Mr. Alice while we were all split...aside from Rasei, who has, at the very least, been up front about her actions.

As for Luxaria," I said turning to faceher. "...I don't think she is on the Mafia." I took in another gulp of recaf, though suddenly started to wish I'd had a good amasec to calm my nerves instead. "While perhaps to is acting nervous, as Lulu claims, like she did in Gakuen Two, her actions and behavior remind me more of Gakuen One.1 There she wasn't frustrated so much by what was happening, as much as she saw her abilities as useless for her side, that is, The Town. And while in that case it was because her role was 'scummy,' here it sounds like it is random and uncontrollable, much like what the rest of us have been granted. And for someone as methodical as her, who gets all of her best information by testing and observing in a controlled environment, I can see why this would agitate her. And I believe this would only agitate her if she started off with no information, as in, she started as an ally." I smiled and raised my cup to her before taking another sip.

"The same goes for Deo, in that I do not suspect him. In fact, if he were a part Mafia, I would have imagined he would say he used his power to save a Town member, and not simply say that he missed the opportunity to do so -- which would also mean he would have had to lie and say someone was nearly killed, had he chosen wrong. However...I do find it odd that the hosts of ours said that we got to send in two targeted role actions, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the 'Night Kills' do not count as such. Not to mention how I find it especially odd, or perhaps just fortunate, that, if two Night Kill were indeed allowed, that they both just happened to line up perfectly with who ended up receiving protection for both timelines. Perhaps the hosts can clarify if two Night Kill actions were sent in?2"

I finally turned my attention to Five and Mr. Gerbear. "I do have my suspicions about you two as well, as, even after the people here had been informed of how I put myself in harm's way and rescued Lulu3, you seemed to want to paint me in a negative light." I then read their own words back to them.

Mr. Gerbear wrote:as for tiki, what if, piggybacking onto that previous paragraph, and if tiki's jail is from the mafia jailer.... what if tiki was made to reflect the jail onto tiki? tiki are you maf

"Why are you asking such question after I clearly gave you all4 the information I had on what i was capable of, and it had been announced that I had been performing my duty for the Town? Why try to obfuscate what appeared to be a solid fact? Could this be why I had yet to have been a target," thank the Emperor, "was the Mafia thinking they could still 'scum' me?"

Five wrote:What in the fresh fuckhell are you talking about, Tiki?

"This example is not as overt, and I was in fact incorrect in my thinking at the time, not realizing only one of the two timelines would be chosen. Still, it came off strangely hostile. Perhaps trying to turn up the heat and turn the tables on what was looking to be a Town read on me?" I finished with a smirk on my lips, before taking one last sip of recaf.

1. For further reading, please see Gakuen Mafia 2: School Festival, and Gakuen Mafia, respectively.
  2. In any other game, it's entirely possible that he would have slipped into a Fox Mask before spouting off such thoughts.
  3. Neither of which, I believe you'll recall dear reader, were done by choice, but why let facts get in the way of a good speech?
  4. Only most of his abilities, having left off being revealed to all as the Hero of the Imperium on Day Five, but who's counting?

Last edited by Tiki The Troll on Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 60]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 34 ... 60  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum