Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16

+20
eleni
ezzelin
alcasync
Aeiou
high seraph
Tiki The Troll
Kiyoko
Ardonye
T3tsuya
Sammiya
deo
plotstickers
Mr. Gerbear
angel★
drandahl
chinomi
lulu
Rasei
Pan
Cure
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 35 ... 60  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 60]

136Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 10 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:19 am

Ardonye

Ardonye

I can say with 99% certainty that I will pass out and miss rollover because my throat is basically the apocalypse so please don't count on me changing my vote unless something goes down in the next 10 min or so.

vote: drandahl
Their votes and FOSes were kind of ??? to me. Just getting maf vibes from their posts thus far. Shitty explanation I know, but I'm really tired and I just want to lie down and hope I magically feel better tomorrow. I can't really be bothered to go back and dissect their posts and ALL THAT FUN STUFF my energy levels are zero zzzz

Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 10 145281-425x282-sad-lab

TWO WALLS OF TEXT SUDDENLY!!!

@eleni: ezz was removed from the list because they were stunned one of the nights the maf jailer acted I think???? that's what I assume

http://ardonye.tumblr.com

137Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 10 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:43 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

@ alca:

orz I just spent so much time looking at book covers before I realized that the book image used would be the one in my role PM... and then that this was from N3, when I didn't act. So I can say mine's not in there.

However, for N4's hint...

0x641264F145A4312
0x641264 http://www.htmlcsscolor.com/hex/641264
0x64126 http://numbermonk.com/binary/409894
0x6412 http://numbermonk.com/hexadecimal/25618
0x641 http://numbermonk.com/hexadecimal/1601
0x64 http://numbermonk.com/hexadecimal/100
0x6 http://numbermonk.com/hexadecimal/6/en

Hm...

I don't know... how hexadecimal works, so... if there are other permutations that are viable... I'm going by http://numbermonk.com/?all=1 for ease of use.

For "4f"
http://numbermonk.com/hexadecimal/79/en 0x4f
http://numbermonk.com/hexadecimal/335/en 0x14f (doesn't work)

For "f1"
http://numbermonk.com/hexadecimal/241/en

For "5A"
http://numbermonk.com/hexadecimal/90/en 0x5a
http://numbermonk.com/hexadecimal/346/en 0x15a (doesn't work)

For "A4"
http://numbermonk.com/hexadecimal/164/en 0xa4
http://numbermonk.com/hexadecimal/420/en 0x1a4 (doesn't work)

I'm guessing insofar that it's a hexadecimal code mashed together to suggest the predominant color of each book's cover that acted last night.

This also suggests that the random collection of letters on... N1->D2 rollover (was it?) is likely a code for all books that acted. I wonder if I can find mine in it, brb.

138Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 10 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:54 am

Rasei

Rasei

I have to go to work early, but I wanna vote:Plot for now.

139Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 10 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:00 am

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

Tbqh drandahl's been fishy for me for a few phases now. Nothing concrete, just ~ feelings ~ and that vote on deo was just weird but also tbqh I don't want to forget to vote so Vote: drandahl

140Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 10 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:05 am

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Despite my best judgement i decided to focus, attempted to ignore High Seraph's flailing as he tried to speak to me. "Who would I suspect? well, going back to when we were all separated, from my own pocket dimension I most suspected Plotstickers and Alcasync. Plotstickers, mostly for being so quiet, though I had far fewer suspicions once she gave her full thoughts on the matter. Meanwhile, there has been something about Alcasync I couldn't help but feel was off, despite giving her own thoughts on the matter."

I took in a few gulps of recaf. i couldn't help but feel i was going to need every once of caffeine I could get that day. "Beyond that, Drandahl has seemed strange too, with his focus and his voting, though that's not terribly unusual for him. There is also, of course, the matter of all those who voted for Mr. Alice while we were all split...aside from Rasei, who has, at the very least, been up front about her actions.

As for Luxaria," I said turning to faceher. "...I don't think she is on the Mafia." I took in another gulp of recaf, though suddenly started to wish I'd had a good amasec to calm my nerves instead. "While perhaps to is acting nervous, as Lulu claims, like she did in Gakuen Two, her actions and behavior remind me more of Gakuen One.1 There she wasn't frustrated so much by what was happening, as much as she saw her abilities as useless for her side, that is, The Town. And while in that case it was because her role was 'scummy,' here it sounds like it is random and uncontrollable, much like what the rest of us have been granted. And for someone as methodical as her, who gets all of her best information by testing and observing in a controlled environment, I can see why this would agitate her. And I believe this would only agitate her if she started off with no information, as in, she started as an ally." I smiled and raised my cup to her before taking another sip.

"The same goes for Deo, in that I do not suspect him. In fact, if he were a part Mafia, I would have imagined he would say he used his power to save a Town member, and not simply say that he missed the opportunity to do so -- which would also mean he would have had to lie and say someone was nearly killed, had he chosen wrong. However...I do find it odd that the hosts of ours said that we got to send in two targeted role actions, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the 'Night Kills' do not count as such. Not to mention how I find it especially odd, or perhaps just fortunate, that, if two Night Kill were indeed allowed, that they both just happened to line up perfectly with who ended up receiving protection for both timelines. Perhaps the hosts can clarify if two Night Kill actions were sent in?2"

I finally turned my attention to Five and Mr. Gerbear. "I do have my suspicions about you two as well, as, even after the people here had been informed of how I put myself in harm's way and rescued Lulu3, you seemed to want to paint me in a negative light." I then read their own words back to them.

Mr. Gerbear wrote:as for tiki, what if, piggybacking onto that previous paragraph, and if tiki's jail is from the mafia jailer.... what if tiki was made to reflect the jail onto tiki? tiki are you maf

"Why are you asking such question after I clearly gave you all4 the information I had on what i was capable of, and it had been announced that I had been performing my duty for the Town? Why try to obfuscate what appeared to be a solid fact? Could this be why I had yet to have been a target," thank the Emperor, "was the Mafia thinking they could still 'scum' me?"

Five wrote:What in the fresh fuckhell are you talking about, Tiki?

"This example is not as overt, and I was in fact incorrect in my thinking at the time, not realizing only one of the two timelines would be chosen. Still, it came off strangely hostile. Perhaps trying to turn up the heat and turn the tables on what was looking to be a Town read on me?" I finished with a smirk on my lips, before taking one last sip of recaf.

1. For further reading, please see Gakuen Mafia 2: School Festival, and Gakuen Mafia, respectively.
  2. In any other game, it's entirely possible that he would have slipped into a Fox Mask before spouting off such thoughts.
  3. Neither of which, I believe you'll recall dear reader, were done by choice, but why let facts get in the way of a good speech?
  4. Only most of his abilities, having left off being revealed to all as the Hero of the Imperium on Day Five, but who's counting?

Last edited by Tiki The Troll on Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total

141Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 10 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:07 am

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

||  WARNING: TET POST INCOMING SOON.  ||  WARNING: TET POST INCOMING SOON.  ||  LOCK YOUR DOORS AND WINDOWS  ||

142Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 10 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:08 am

high seraph

high seraph

@eleni, what mariya said about ezz is correct! She can't possibly be the mafia jailer because the mafia jailer acted on N1, when ezz was stunned! ;w;

@alca omfg nice catch, you're really good at this wow. Here's what I could catch:

Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 10 Ch7hin10

wow i got ninja'd a bunch of times while i was having fun with mspaint

143Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 10 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:10 am

high seraph

high seraph

TiKI I WQAS NOT!!! ! FLAILIGNG ANYTHING OH My GOD !?!?!?

144Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 10 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:12 am

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

@tiki I really can't tell whether the end of phase notifs that say you saved are legit. Like. They sound so out of place and also happen to be on the very end of the post. Idk.

145Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 10 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:20 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

KFLSABHSMZDJSGCCSJHNTGNPPAMIAMBDEC
34 letters
Previous night had 15 items listed, and decoys can be  0-5 in number. So keeping that in mind...

From Nye's summary, re-posted by Pan
lulu jailed (maf jailer?)
Gibberish (Blaire)
Rasei was stunned (Pan)
ezzelin was stunned (not Rasei's stun)
Aeiou was watching lulu
Five acted on lulu
alcasync acted on Mitsu

(Does Rasei's book name count if it didn't go through? I guess so, since she attempted to act?)

Going by Lucas' summary of prologue title keyword claims.
+ Aeiou - "The Young Maiden In Love Is A Carnivore" (Possible keywords: love, (did I miss any?))
+ Angelstar - "All My Friends Are Dead" (Possible keywords: my, dead)

Blaire = CS
Pan = GTFTS (GFS?)
Five = TCWKS (CWKS / CWK ?)
Aeiou = TYMILIAC (YMILIAC / YMLAC / YMLC ?)

From the 34 letters:
1: K, F, L, Z, T, I, E
2: B, H, D, J, G, P, M
3: A, N, C
4: S

Guessing it excludes things like "the" since there's only one "T" and Pan, Five, and Aeiou have four between them.

So, CS for Blaire (3S, 2C remaining)
Probably GFS for Pan? (1G, 2S, 0F remaining)
Aeiou... was... Hm there wasn't a "Y" in the letter list.
luxbot.exe has encountered an error.
luxbot.exe has crashed.
I guess Aeiou was MLC? (1M, 1C, 0L remaining)

I guess if we assume the minimum performed actions on N0 (Probably more than that, but 15 - 5 possible decoys = 10 minimum actors), then 3 letters per acronym would be close to the upper limit. So... It's likely each book title was boiled down to 2-3 letters tops. Though it seems weird to me that the first letter of the title would not be included for Aeiou. I guess arguably the "Maiden (in) love (with a) carnivore" conveys the title more than the alternatives featuring "young". Hmmm.

I see the letters that would be mine, too.

I'm going to just post this up since I see there's a lot of discussion and I want to read it rather than digging through this.

146Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 10 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:26 am

deo

deo

Tiki The Troll wrote:"The same goes for Deo, in that I do not suspect him. In fact, if he were a part Mafia, I would have imagined he would say he used his power to save a Town member, and not simply say that he missed the opportunity to do so -- which would also mean he would have had to lie and say someone was nearly killed, had he chosen wrong. However...I do find it odd that the hosts of ours said that we got to send in two targeted role actions, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the 'Night Kills' do not count as such. Not to mention how I find it especially odd, or perhaps just fortunate, that, if two Night Kill were indeed allowed, that they both just happened to line up perfectly with who ended up receiving protection for both timelines. Perhaps the hosts can clarify if two Night Kill actions were sent in?2"
uh i don't think anywhere pointed out "role actions"

even the split rollover just says "For this phase only, please send TWO VERSIONS OF YOUR ACTION."

147Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 10 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:33 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

Tiki the Troll wrote:There she wasn't frustrated so much by what was happening, as much as she saw her abilities as useless for her side, that is, The Town. And while in that case it was because her role was 'scummy,' here it sounds like it is random and uncontrollable, much like what the rest of us have been granted. And for someone as methodical as her, who gets all of her best information by testing and observing in a controlled environment, I can see why this would agitate her. And I believe this would only agitate her if she started off with no information

It is actually scary how goddamn accurate this is. =w=

or wait. let me rp the hosr

"O v O"

re: double timelines

The only thing I find weird about the rollover from last night phase, in addition to both night kills failing to kill their targets (and to be fair, that's happened a lot this game), is that somehow one of them resulted in eleni being protected again. It's just strange to me to see her protected out of the blue when she had been paid no attention past N0/D1, and she even states it wasn't her own doing this time.

That said, there might be a persistent bond effect. For example, someone might have a role to target a player and protect them once throughout the game, and they chose eleni after N0. No one died, other than angelstar after the intermission, so it's likely not an exact bodyguard role if this is the case. Plus angel's hints do not suggest bodyguard, much less delayed bodyguard, at all, so...

Anyway, that's mostly what stood out to me.

148Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 10 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:33 am

high seraph

high seraph

OK.

Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 10 Ch7hin10

2nd row, 1st column is I, ROBOT

2nd row, 2nd column is THE VERY HUNGRY CATERPILLAR

3rd row, 2nd column is OLD KINGDOM SERIES (look at the girl's armpit)

there's only the top right one that i CANT INDENTIFY

PROLOGUE HINTS:

Last edited by high seraph on Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total

149Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 10 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:41 am

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

high seraph wrote:TiKI I WQAS NOT!!! ! FLAILIGNG ANYTHING OH My GOD !?!?!?

No, but it sounds like you're doing it now. XD
(And it's just a character quirk thing, Lucas, no worries. The narrator of my book(s) is a snarky one.)

150Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 10 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:44 am

Cure

Cure

Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 10 Ie6MZja

VOTES

DRANDAHL vs. Deo

LULU vs. Luxaria

HIGH SERAPH vs. Plotstickers

ALCASYNC vs. Entelechy

ELENI vs. ezzelin

ARDONYE vs. drandahl

RASEI vs. Plotstickers

MR. GERBEAR vs. drandahl