Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Literary UPICK || Town Edition

+21
Aeiou
nautilus
angel★
Pan
T3tsuya
chinomi
deo
high seraph
Ardonye
drandahl
lulu
plotstickers
eleni
Sammiya
Mr. Gerbear
Rasei
Entelechy
Five
Kiyoko
Luxaria
Cure
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20 ... 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 34]

91Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 7 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:35 pm

Rasei

Rasei

Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 7 Death_10

92Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 7 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:36 pm

Ardonye

Ardonye

My messsages don't do anything! I'm pretty sure people who've received my messages haven't had any adverse effects. There's nothing in my role that makes my messages have any secondary effects aside from the heartwarming feeling you had a dog visit you last night :)

If I don't post a picture, my power doesn't work. That's why I've been posting a lot of pictures! Not to say I don't post pictures at all, but I normally don't do it as frequently as I have been doing this game

Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 7 Picture+12

I'm not lynchproof. I'm not a bomb. If I die, I die for good! I'm not worried about being lynched because I'm not a ~power role~ (not a doctor, not a cop, etc) so my death will minimally impact town.

http://ardonye.tumblr.com

93Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 7 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:01 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Which players have received messages from you and on which nights? Were these messages anything other than "Woof woof!"?

Your role is... literally that a dog (and/or you) visits the target? And if you don't post pictures, you can't visit a target?

That's all you have?

Bear in mind that if you're town, you're on a clock since you won't be here for the last 10 or so hours until rollover, so help us help you if so. We're down to, in theory, 3 mafia and 8 town (- Mitsu as town, ignoring any possible millers on either side). If you're town (and this goes for anyone) and you get mislynched at this point, we're still... reasonably okay considering the numbers and protective roles we seem to have, but it obviously hurts our ability to close this out.

I've had my eye on you for several phases just because my results returned a "Night + Messenger" role for mafia that seems to only fit yours. There are other ways this could be interpreted, like intermissions or rollover modifications, or even someone that receives messages each night from their role. Thus, it's not the most compelling evidence, but information on you has been scarce for most of the game. Other than the woofs, now we know your chosen work, and I don't know enough about it to compare it to chinomi's results but I'll investigate that tomorrow when I wake up. For that matter...

@ Entelechy

You kind of side-stepped it last time I asked about your results by saying you limited night actions. Your role had an information component related to receiving results on various books, unless I'm mistaken. What was that again and what were your results? Like chinomi's results, I'm going to go digging for those. Just... not right now considering how many threads there are.

94Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 7 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:16 pm

high seraph

high seraph

man.... I don't want to kiLL THE DOG?? why would the hosrs make the dog mafia???? Why would the dog make such nice great lists? I don't want to kill the dog.

vote: Entelechy

95Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 7 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:12 pm

Entelechy

Entelechy

Lux wrote:@ Entelechy

You kind of side-stepped it last time I asked about your results by saying you limited night actions. Your role had an information component related to receiving results on various books, unless I'm mistaken. What was that again and what were your results? Like chinomi's results, I'm going to go digging for those. Just... not right now considering how many threads there are.

My role reveals information through deduction. There was no jail from the mafia on the night I used my power, yet there is now.

Either the mafia decided not to jail that night, or one of the people I didn't allow to act was the mafia jailer. If there had been a jail that night, it would mean that someone on my "Safe" list, who I decided to let act, was actually the mafia jailer.

So if you accept my premise, that my power prevented Ger, Ardonye, and Deo from using their role, the mafia jailer muse be among them (I need to double check that those were the only people who couldn't act, but I am pretty sure those were).

That's why I never told anyone what my power did before I used it. If I announced in advance what I was going to do, the mafia could deliberately not use the power that night if they were on my safe list. But because I used it when no one knew in advance what I was doing, the results shouldn't be contaminated.

And by limited use, I mean that I can't do it every night, I can only do it so many times. I waited so long to use it because I want to make my every use of it count.

Last edited by Entelechy on Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total

96Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 7 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:00 am

Ardonye

Ardonye

Entelechy wrote:My role reveals information through deduction. There was no jail from the mafia on the night I used my power, yet there is now.
uh

we don't know if it's actually the maf's jail or lulu's jail tho

edit: Lux I'll answer your questions dw, but I don't have the time atm

97Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 7 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:55 am

Ardonye

Ardonye

The very first night (N0) I sent a message to Pan. My reasoning behind this was I thought Pan was less likely to be targeted for actions like NKs on the first night so my message would probably go through.

Pan can back me up 100% on sending the message N0, when the maf jailer targeted alcasync (lulu was on Sammiya). I could not have sent in both night actions. I targeted only Pan that night, with no re-direction shenanigans on my actions.

N2 nautilus. Given her ~house~ role, idk what actually happened.

N3 ezz.

N4A eleni.
N4B T3tsuya. This was the one that got through.
(They would have gotten identical messages, there was nothing personal about them)

After that I stopped sending messages since it seemed pointless to me, but I kept my quirk on just in case and for consistency. I tried to contribute in-thread instead. None of my messages had anything important and were mainly doge pics with some text and I asked the recipient to pet me in-thread as their way of confirming they have received a message. I never outright said my identity in any of messages fyi, I just put a doge pic in it as a hint. I don't really like claiming and it's not been my style!! Pretty sure everyone (who is alive) can confirm my message contents.

I'm going to vote: Entelechy since it seems one of us is going down and I'm not going to rollover and die. IDK what the outcome will be I can only wake up and see it.

Back to the PvP grind I go! (also to satisfy your curiosity I'm playing vanilla WoW nostalrius server)

98Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 7 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:56 am

Entelechy

Entelechy

Ardonye wrote:
Entelechy wrote:My role reveals information through deduction. There was no jail from the mafia on the night I used my power, yet there is now.
uh

we don't know if it's actually the maf's jail or lulu's jail tho

edit: Lux I'll answer your questions dw, but I don't have the time atm

That is true, I forgot about that. Lulu, did you Jail T3t last night?

Until I hear from Lulu, though, it seems like mafia action to me, given that T3t does have a revive roll.

99Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 7 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:03 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

Thanks for the reply! I'm processing it and will think on this. I'm probably still likely to vote on you, though, so I hope there's no hard feelings. I don't think you'll be around if I have any other questions. If not you, it'll be Duckchey. Hmm.

Ardonye wrote:(also to satisfy your curiosity I'm playing vanilla WoW nostalrius server)

goodddddd I've wanted to try one of those servers. I miss vanilla and BC so much. I feel like it'd take up far too much of my life, though.

@ eleni, lulu (I WISH ALCA WERE HERE TOO)

I need you in my life ;w; what do you think?

100Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 7 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:47 am

lulu

lulu

i jailed t3t! there's actually no reason for mafia to jail him b/c his revive is an instant so it wouldn't be interfered with by an interrupt.

vote: ardonye

101Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 7 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:17 pm

Five

Five

deo wrote:
chinomi wrote:guys how do you like your eggs? just curious.
FRIED OR FERTILIZSLFJLASKJBAKJ

anyway no lucas i knew that i was just being a butt tbh

Oh sweet Christ, I've gone and pagetopped with a ghostly shitpost.

102Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 7 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:12 pm

deo

deo

THERE IT IS

103Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 7 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:47 pm

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

Lulu wrote:T3TSUYA was jailed.

Why though

So why Ardonye above all other options?

Ardonye is a message sender. I'm not saying it's impossible for the message sender to be mafia. But I am saying it's a traditionally town aligned role, mafia doesn't gain a lot from lying about that, or even having that ability.

We have other options that hold a lot more water. We know a lot less or actually 0 things about certain people's roles and some of you are choosing to go for Ardonye who has made exhaustive lists and has a town aligned ability?

That's weird to me.

My list before was
Lux&Five/Deo, Chinomi, Ezz, Duck, Gerry

Ezz is dead, Five is dead. Five is dead and flipped town, making it so we know Lux wasn't lying about his alignment. She just cleared Deo. Ezz is dead and was on my list.

Chinomi is still an unknown and constantly not here. Duck isn't very convincing in my opinion and was the first to try to shoot the dog. As well as call lulu's action proof he's not the jailer. Gerry is still up in the air.

That's three. There are three mafia left. We're gonna pick Ardonye? Don't throw this away people. Even if Ardonye is a bad dog, there's better options to try first.

I want those three people lined up for summary execution.

Vote: Duck

You should too.

104Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 7 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:58 pm

eleni

eleni

hmm, i'm okay with lynching either Entelechy or mariya honestly as i think there's a good chance they're both mafia. maybe a little more down to lynch Entelechy since they showed up in chi's results.

thoughts on each:

Entelechy: their role power sounds feasible (and i can see why it's very limited use as it gets more useful the further the game goes on), but we have basically no way of verifying it.

Entelechy wrote:If we can resist the temptation to lynch me today, I should be able to prove I am Town, and determine whether or not Dran is Town, the next night phase. Not quite as dramatically as by resurrecting someone, but it should be suitably impressive.
also, i'm... not really sure how their role power would have proved drandahl's alignment (or their own). what Entelechy has told us now about their power makes that previous post seem like a bluff.

doge: mariya's been super helpful in-thread, but i guess i'm skeptical about her role claim? compared to everyone else's roles, it just... doesn't seem quite as useful. edit i have no doubt she can send messages as people have confirmed receiving them, but i think it would make more sense if she were mafia and there were another part to her role, e.g. having to do with the people she sends the messages to.

i'll vote: Entelechy thought it seems like mariya will probably be lynched

105Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 7 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:18 pm

Cure

Cure

Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 7 Ie6MZja

VOTES

ENTELECHY vs. Ardonye

DRANDAHL vs. Ardonye Entelechy

DEO vs. Ardonye Entelechy

HIGH SERAPH vs. Entelechy

ARDONYE vs. Entelechy

LULU vs. Ardonye

T3TSUYA vs. Entelechy

ELENI vs. Entelechy