Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

We are all mad here, are we not? OVER Town Win

+5
alcasync
Kiyoko
Tiki The Troll
Jaiser
drandahl
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 18]

Sammiya

Sammiya
Admin

During the night there was a soft crackling sound behind Megrid, who was caught unawares as a unknown person caught them in the back, bring their adventure in Wonderland to a end. Meanwhile, Tiki was knocked unconcious, unable to do a thing.

MEGRID was killed, she was THE WHITE RABBIT and she was TOWN

TIKI THE TROLL was STUNNED and thus unable to act.

Day 1 will end at 8:30 PM on Saturday, May 30th

https://crywolf.rpg-board.net

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

OH GOD I'M ALIVE. I DID IT. I SURVIVED N0. I'D LIKE TO THANK MY PARENTS, THE UNIVERSITY, AND EVERYONE WHO BELIEVED IN ME AND SUPPORTED ME THROUGH THESE DIFFICULT TIMES

Speculation post coming shortly.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

alcasync

alcasync

Hmmm... was Megrid a newbie or did they play mafia before?

Megrid

Megrid
Admin

Well it looks like I'm late, dead late, to wish Tiki a happy belated birthday! |D

So before I go on my important date to the great rabbit hole in the sky, lemme ask this: Why is a raven like a writing desk?

... Then again how can I answer? After all, I'm dead. :D

http://falconinthesky.deviantart.com

Sammiya

Sammiya
Admin

Ah, for something I forgot: I DID mean to change the starting post to say that the action of any and all stunners in the game WILL be shown! I forgot to edit it sooner, my apologies!

https://crywolf.rpg-board.net

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Newbie Guide - Day Phase

Voting
During the day phase, you pick someone you want to lynch and vote for them. At the end of the day phase, the person with the most votes on them will be killed and their role and alignment will be revealed. That's the gist of it. Town's going to be trying to vote for mafia, and mafia's going to try to mislead town into voting for one of their own.

To vote for someone, include the bolded phrase, "vote: [their username here]" in your post.

You can also vote "no lynch" which means you want nobody to be lynched today. To do so, include the bolded phrase, "vote: no lynch" in your post.

Finally, you can vote "no vote" which is different from a no lynch in that a no vote doesn't mean anything at all. It's like voting to abstain from voting. This is relevant because we have an activity requirement in this game, so you can always vote "no vote" to show that you're alive and paying attention. To no vote, include the bolded phrase "vote: no vote"

Changing Votes
We have unlimited vote changes in this game, so feel free to vote even if you're not 100% committed to it. You can change it as many times as you want. To do so, just vote again. It helps to clarify by saying,

unvote: [old person]
vote: [new person]

just to make it easier for Sammie to keep track.

Deciding Who to Vote For
It's always hard during D1 because there's not that much information. As the game progresses, information will build up. A good way to start is to vote for someone randomly just to test their reaction, or ask people questions to try to draw information out of them. If you're town and trying to get information out of someone, back off as soon as you're no longer suspicious of them, because you don't want mafia to learn too much about your allies. If you're mafia pushing people for information, try not to be too obvious. It's considered a pro-mafia move to try to get town players to reveal their roles when it's not absolutely necessary.

There aren't any hard and fast rules for deciding who to vote for. Just play it by ear.

Okay that took longer than I thought. Actual speculation post incoming.

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Speculation post incoming! Also, double-post because we have no rule against it.

Night Kill Target
I honestly don't know why Megrid was targeted. To answer Alca's question, she's not new to mafia, though she wasn't part of the vdex club. I'm kind of glad that a newbie wasn't killed off N0, but at the risk of making myself look really suspicious, I don't know if anyone besides me and Sammie actually knew that Megrid wasn't a newbie.

Stun Target
Tiki didn't send in the NK. That's about all we know. We also don't know if the stunner is town-aligned or mafia-aligned, so I'm going to stop speculating on the stunner in case they're one of the good guys.

Ratio
We're 2M:5T which is still safe for the time being. For the sake of newbies, the game ends when the ratio gets down to 2M:2T, 1M:1T or when mafia outnumbers town.

Cthulhuhoop

Cthulhuhoop

Happy belated birthday Tiki the Troll.

Stuns have priority over kills right? So that would mean that Tiki the Troll didn't send in the kill. Which was most likely the standard mafia night kill. (Kiyoko pretty much said this just before I was going to post)

I like Carroll's answer to why a raven is like a writing desk: "Because it can produce a few notes, tho they are very flat; and it is nevar put with the wrong end in front!"

alcasync

alcasync

vote: Cthuluhoop

Cthulhuhoop

Cthulhuhoop

Any particular reason for the vote alcasync? Seems pointless to test for a reaction with a random vote when Kiyoko just outlined that process.

alcasync

alcasync

I stand by my vote. For now, anyway. 'v'

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

I've been sitting here trying to figure out how to respond to this.

I'm not inclined to follow alca's vote without more information but I'm also not exactly willing to press her on the reasoning behind her vote in case it's role-related. I figure that information will come out eventually anyway.

I'm also not really inclined to vote for alca either, for the above reason.

So I guess that leaves me leaning towards voting a newbie. I'm not voting Tiki because right now he has the least chance out of everyone except Megrid (RIP) of being mafia, so.

I'm currently between Jaiser, drandahl and Mr. Alice as potential votes. Whichever one is the last person to post between the three of you, I'm voting that person, just to get you all to talk.

Edit: Wait let me make this easier for the newbies. Questions to consider:

• What do you think is up with Alca and Cthulumints? In your opinion, does Alca have a reason behind her vote, or is it some random reaction vote she's not explaining?

• Do you have anyone at this point that you're not willing to vote for? Why?

I sound like an English teacher.

43We are all mad here, are we not? OVER Town Win - Page 3 Empty I suppose punctuality is a virtue Fri May 29, 2015 10:30 pm

Jaiser

Jaiser

Ah, yes. Silence may be golden, but gold does the hanged no good indeed. So here I am.

In my experience, the one who points the finger first with no cause to speak is the one with most to fear, though whether fear of discovery or death, I wonder. Though I suppose one could make the argument that a stretched neck is justice enough for abuse of language, but that seems needlessly cruel to me. I approve.

But, in the interests of such mad logic, far be it from me to not provide the hangman's gallows a testing, and for that I spy a suitable match for the noose.

Vote: Alcasync

[Oh yes, I'm having some fun with this.]

http://jack-kaiser.deviantart.com/

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

To be honest, I don't think alca is mafia, because there's really no sense in mafia calling attention to themselves like that first thing in the phase. It's been years since I last played with her, but I remember her really being the type to lay low in general, so unless her playstyle has radically changed, I don't really think this is a mafia gambit. I do think she's trying to do something, I just have no idea what. If we had neutrals in this game, I'd guess she was neutral, but, well.

I stand by my last-to-post rule. It's between drandahl and Mr. Alice now.

Edit:

More speculation on alca. Her first reaction was not the vote, but instead a question about whether Megrid was a newbie or not. My thoughts are that if she was a cop and she investigated Cthulumints and got a guilty result, she'd either vote him right away, or (more likely), she'd lay low until she figured out who the other maf is. Actually no, I'm like 90% sure alca as a cop wouldn't just straight up out a guilty result on D1.

That doesn't rule out other investigative roles, I suppose.

Though I do wonder whether or not her question about Megrid was relevant to her vote.

Edit2: Alca get back online and explain your vote right now I am so confused.

Edit3: Unless it's role-related in which case get back online but don't explain your vote.

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

We lost a bun today. :'( Would their foot still be considered lucky because of this?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum