Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

We are all mad here, are we not? OVER Town Win

+5
alcasync
Kiyoko
Tiki The Troll
Jaiser
drandahl
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 18]

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

drandahl wrote:Kiyo: I haven't heard much interrogation in your direction, though I don't think there's much to go off of right now. Your reasoning so far measures up to the situation.

Well I mean, if you want to interrogate me, I'm game.

I hate NL'ing but would rather NL than lose Cthulumints or alca. Just saying. Willing to change my vote closer to rollover.

YO KIYO ON TOP.

VOTE TALLY
alcasync vs Cthuluhoop No Lynch
Jaiser vs alcasync
Kiyoko vs drandahl
Mr. Alice vs alcasync
drandahl vs. No Lynch
Cthuluhoop vs Mr. Alice
Tiki The Troll vs. Kiyoko

NL II
alcasync I
Mr. Alice I
Kiyoko I

Last edited by Kiyoko on Sat May 30, 2015 6:28 pm; edited 6 times in total

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

Jaiser

Jaiser

Mr. Alice, anything behind your decision to join me in shepherding Alca to the noose?

http://jack-kaiser.deviantart.com/

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

Because fortune does not always help those daring, this time?

Alcasync caught my eye and has not yet surrendered it back.

alcasync

alcasync

Hmm, unless I'm mistaken, you seem to be voting me because I was the first to vote, thus causing me to stand out, am I right? Is that your only reason for voting me? Because if I were mafia I definitely would have stayed quiet and let someone else vote first. I... realize that doesn't mean much coming from me, but my intention really was to help town by generating discussion, rather than nobody voting until the last minute, and then everyone scrambling for votes, which almost always ends favorably for the mafia who can hide any suspicious votes in the last minute confusion... That was my intention, anyway.

Jaiser

Jaiser

Well, I suppose this is Wonderland. Though I still wonder as to what was it about Alcasync that caught your eye in the first place. Something to share? Or eager to see the hangman's rope be tested?

But then the stated goal of the nefarious mafiosos is to spread discord and get us to turn on each other out of paranoia whilst they pick us off like flies, and ensuring a death like so with so little to describe why is quite suspect... While, yes, t'was my vote that started the march to the gallows, without yours, it would be but one cry among many rather than a quill on the sentence parchment.

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Assuming my vote tally is correct, Cthulumints and Tiki still need to vote.

Cthulhuhoop

Cthulhuhoop

I'm going to vote: Mr. Alice. Because they made a bandwagon vote on someone I think is town. (Bandwagon = a vote for someone that has already been voted for, with little separate justification from the previous voter/s).

alcasync

alcasync

unvote: Cthuluhoop

I don't necessarily thing Cthuluhoop is town but I also don't really think he's mafia. I'll unvote to reduce the risk of him getting lynched.

Jaiser

Jaiser

unvote: Alcasync

Likewise, I've no desire to play into a plot to spread discord and mistrust. I'm sure there will be plenty of that later as it is.

Though that does still raise the question of who we believe to be a ne're-do-well amongst us.

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Hmm, a few thoughts.

Thoughts on Alca
I think Alca's post about her vote just trying to illicit a reaction makes sense. It's, I guess, not the way I would've gone about it but it got the discussion going at least, so kudos for that. I don't have my eye off her yet but I stand by that I think putting yourself out there like that is definitely more of a pro-town move than a pro-maf move.

Alca, now that you've unvoted Cthulumints, got anyone in mind to vote next? I imagine you're going to try to save yourself.

Thoughts on drandahl
I actually thought he'd try to save himself by voting for one of the other two options. We had three votes, so if he were maf and coincidentally, one of the others on the chopping block was also maf, there'd still be a town on the chopping block to vote. In other words, I think voting NL is a pretty pro-town move given that mafia could've used that opportunity to push the lynch towards a townie.

As a result,

unvote: drandahl

for now.

That said, he did throw shade on Mr. Alice with the following line:

drandahl wrote:That said, I also think if I were to throw my vote in any direction, this seems like the safest direction for now, given the utility of the veteran players' dialog so far.

and though he didn't actually vote her, if Mr. Alice were town, her inexperience and general uh, untalkativeness makes her a really easy target for mafia to push a lynch on her. We do have one vote actually on Mr. Alice, two players (Jaiser and drandahl) who mentioned possibly side-eyeing Mr. Alice, and alca who I'm not quite counting because I consider alca's post more a general defense than explicitly side-eyeing anyone.

Also heads up, Mr. Alice, drandahl and I are all playing GW2 right now but if you need someone to reply in the thread just post and I'll call them in to reply to people.

Woah ninja'd by a lot of unvotes, including mine.

alcasync

alcasync

vote: no lynch

I'm still willing to change this, but I don't want to die, and I don't want to revengevote a newbie just to save myself.

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Apologies for silence. Between sleep and work (Sleep coming at 7 pm pst, and work at 3 am pst, heh), and now being sick...just a lot of ugh my my muddled, muddly mind.

*Shakes out the cobwebs*

That said, while at work, I did have time to ponder, yes. Ponder that, yes, I, like many of the others here, know not of the playstyles that our fellow players use, and am just a lowly newbie...but, there is something that stuck out to me.

Not only one some poor rodent murdered, but I had someone conk me on my noggin as well. Now, why would they do that? Who would do that?

Well, I suppose, had I the power to stun someone for a night, I would be inclined to use it night one. After all, my first game, I'd have a cool, power, I'd hate for it to end, not only abruptly, before any proper play, but also to lose a cool ability, never to use it, just like that. So, perhaps it was just some excited noob!

...On the other hand, maybe I'd be more inclined not to use it quite yet, being so new and unsure of the best uses for my talents. Might screw something up, right? So, no...no, maybe it wasn't someone new. In fact, more reason for it to be a veteran, no?

Let's look at this. Last night, an experienced townie bit it, while poor, little me got a bad headache. What does that mean? Well, not only were the noobs spared from an abrupt end (which, really, wouldn't be so conducive to keeping them around), but I, a new player in this madness, basically got a safety net for the first day. After all, only two Mafia, why the hell use night zero to conk out one of their own? And if you're going to just stun someone anyway, why not make it a learning, eager new competitor, all but giving him a free pass from the gallows on day one, hmm?

So, then, why me, why this rookie? Why, perhaps it's because I'm close to another new entrant, so maybe that would risk ruining the fun for not one, but two new players? And if it was a set of strikes targeted for these reasons, it would have to have been from some veteran player, someone in the know. And who knows I and Jaiser best? Who is it here who has been saying so much that makes so much sense...TOO much sense, if you ask me?

Why, it's none other than -
*finger point with a fabulous flourish*
Kiyoko!

That, ladies and gentleman of the well, I cast my vote as such:
Vote: Kiyoko

Last edited by Tiki The Troll on Sat May 30, 2015 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos...being sick sucks.)

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Sorry if I'm misinterpreting your post, Tiki, but are you suggesting that you think that the stunner is mafia stun? Because I'm really, really interested in why you might think that.

Jaiser

Jaiser

Can you explain what that statement means/implies for those of us still kinda new at this? His logic checks out to me, but your reply makes me think that might be because I'm misunderstanding how the game works.

alcasync

alcasync

I was under the impression that the stunner was a town stun, actually!

Also, Kiyoko, have you ever played a game with Megrid before?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum