Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia thread 2 [Day six]

+16
nautilus
Mr. Gerbear
katagi
angel★
Luxaria
Ninfia
Five
Rasei
Aeiou
Mr. Alice
Cure
drandahl
high seraph
Tiki The Troll
ezzelin
She-Ra
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 24 ... 36  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 36]

ezzelin

ezzelin

Hmm okay, my bad then. I thought it was the night before from how it was phrased earlier.

@Luxaria
I fail to see how is that relevant, unless you're mafia and want to find ways to counter my role. I won't reply to that.

angel★

angel★

screams @ gerry

nautilus

nautilus

jesus christ let me just update my info post for now so we can organize all the shit that's just come to light in this here thread. bbl

Aeiou

Aeiou

my message to host and their response
mememe wrote:YELLS WHAT IS THAT OBSCURTIY

ok so are NKs counted as actions?? what about passives ovo

host wrote:nks yes, passives no unless they're activated that phase.

if it helps any??

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

I just have ZERO idea of why I showed up besides my theory which is tbqh the most logical thing that I can think of. I really did not act I literally have no way to prove this WHY MUST I BE BURDENED WITH THIS SCARY TEXT ROLE

Aeiou

Aeiou

And the change was my first card choice but I guess maybe host couldve not liked that and cheated and picked my second option?? Is that a thing. I feel like I might do that as host if I thought the second choice was more fitting?? Idk Ive never hosted

E: I like how some of you seemed to have deeper thinking when you picked roles. Mine was just CUTE ANIMALS

Luxaria

Luxaria

Gerry wrote:I could just as easily have voted for Katagi, really? I voted vowels because i got ninja'd by drandahl's explanation and that spur-of-the-moment made me think oh it's probably vowels. But I'm more inclined to think Katagi's town because of that whole giving the gun to nautilus thing. But well. That could have very well been A Ruse.

I was just curious because you were quick to vote after drandahl, and I wanted to know what your reasoning was since both targets had been hit with roleblocking effects. I can see why drandahl would jump on Vowels since it was his action, if he's town, but yours was a quick vote.

Gerry wrote:Now I know literally any definitive information about me will be obscured. I had no idea it would work this way. :V

Gerry wrote:my role literally says any investigation won't work on me. I pretty much said I was vanilla because I thought all the actual investigative roles were dead, but I didn't realize the Libra question counted???

I guess in some ways I can see why you'd think this, but everyone kept refering to angel as a pseudo-investigative role, and her role determines the accuracy/inaccuracy of information, meaning it's investigative to a degree; it's information about the game or players from the host. You even had a similar role in Gakuen S2 and used it in an investigative capacity.

Gerry wrote:THEORY: Aeiou is lying about being The Jump because I can't really see The Jump as being a watcher kinda role? I mean... the roles this game are v. creative (thank u hosr) but it would be a huge... leap (haha) for The Jump to be a watcher. Maybe Aeiou could be The Through? Because The Through can.... walk through walls and check on people? IDK

Hmm.

She could jump up high above and see what everyone else is doing.

nautilus

nautilus

TBH THAT WORDING SUGGESTS LIKE... IF SOMEONE WAS A BOMB AND GOT NK'D THEN THE REVENGE KILL WOULD SHOW UP AS THEM ACTING, NOT... SIMPLE INVESTIGATION... ???

Summary of Game Claims:

To add onto Lux's statements: the sheer fact that Angel could ask statements about what cards people were imply that her role is investigative, since that's functionally identical (if less flexible) to chinomi's role.

Last edited by nautilus on Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Luxaria

Luxaria

ezzelin wrote:@Luxaria
I fail to see how is that relevant, unless you're mafia and want to find ways to counter my role. I won't reply to that.

You were saying Aeiou's results were wrong because they didn't include you, which is why I was curious if there might have been some wording that precluded you from showing up in Aeiou's investigation, so to speak. I.E. Aeiou only watches the players, not anything related to the items. Your action might not have been "an action" so to speak?

But as has been pointed out, the phase in which Aeiou watched Katagi give the item to Mitsu was not the same phase as the one when you acted, so you would not show up. Meaning the question was useless, but I didn't edit it out because this thread has been a whirlwind and I got caught up, gomen.

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

even y'all are saying pseudo-investigative tho :( i think i'm still thinking Classic Mafia too much in that i only really considered literal "I'd like to investigate X please" night roles, and not lie detectors or passive watches, as those don't technically literally target me personally. but i mean. i guess i know now :v

i don't even know guys. i wanted to be cleared this phase i really really did ughghgh

nautilus

nautilus

Mr. Gerbear wrote:I didn't confess my role sooner because 1) i had no idea the obscurity could have even been Aeiou. All this time i was thinking oh maybe its someone else, who knows. and 2) I DON'T LIKE CLAIMING :C

and also 3) You're right tho, my role ISN'T entirely being passively uninvestigable... my role also says that my card won't show up on rollover. this is why i didn't want to claim anything. i absolutely know that not flipping anything on death is SUCH a scummy role and i'm trying so hard not to incriminate myself

re: 1) What do you mean by this? Do you mean you weren't sure the obscurity would show in Aeiou's results, or Aeiou causes the obscurity?

3) ... What even is the utility of this role as a town role. Tiki was also a role that could disappear but at least he could prove his alignment in rollover after a point before doing so? And Tiki claimed that ability in a very upfront manner in that game, knowing that it may cause confusion later on.

I... it's a scummy role though and I feel like claiming this in a more upfront manner would have been better. I mean, I... did the same (withheld information about my incorrect flip until I was on the table) and said my flip would be incorrect in Lit Maf 2 and I was totally right even though I didn't know at the time to plant the seeds of "was she a miller???", and, like... I considered shooting you last day phase and given that you didn't out any of this information town would've been left confused at your flip.

If you were to die by any means before outing this information, it would've fucked up the town pretty badly. Furthermore, I... given that She-Ra claimed a town silencer which is really anti-town as fuck and Five claimed that they weren't even a stunner at first but an anti-town role, I... am disinclined to believe we had multiple anti-town roles when starting this game like this? This is seriously at this point just me thinking about the game's balance here, what kind of utility is this role in this game

I... okay I'm going to vote: Mr. Gerbear tentatively, this is really weird, I know the phase ended in no kill going through, but like

What is happening here.

That being said: If Gerry is mafia and knew this would happen the fact that they didn't kill Angel immediately is very strange since Angel was prodded to check on Gerry so like

??? was the NK obstructed??? did the mafia decide to kill Lux instead??? did they think this ability would not apply to Angel???

Possibilities:
Gerry is mafia and has a role that obscures him from all investigation.
Aeiou is town.

Gerry is town.
Aeiou is mafia and coincidentally lied about there being an obscuring role in play, or Aeiou is mafia with Angel and the two of them colluded to frame Gerry in a really convoluted manner without realizing he was actually a role with obscured information. If Gerry is being truthful there is no way that Gerry could have been investigated by the mafia because of the role he's claiming so what the hell

That being said I feel like I know the host well and the excerpts of the PMs posted resemble the host's typing

Gerry is mafia.
Aeiou is mafia and for some reason decided to out the fact that the mafia has some kind of obscuring ability.

Gerry is town.
Aeiou is town and somehow the investigation caused Gerry's role to show up as being active (?)

Last edited by nautilus on Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

1) that it was my obscurity that showed in Aeiou's results wow i worded that horribly earlier. like, i thought someone else might have an obscuring/confusing role. i didn't know how my action acted until angel showed us her results :V my role literally only says "attempts to investigate you will not succeed"

but like....... i didn't realize it would be in that manner..... i just thought nothing would happen? idek

3) I HAVE NO IDEA what the use of this as a town role is. Besides the fact that i don't like claiming, that was a big factor in me not saying anything about my role because the next thing i hate after claiming is incriminating myself

i really see what you're saying now that not saying so would have been Really Bad for town, but like... i just... didn't even think of that. this is all a learning experience for me i mean i kinda realize i need to think more about the Entire Town and not self-preservation...

please don't vote me....... i mean if i have to die to take one for the team, this is not the game for it. i literally have no idea how my death will appear in rollover it'll probably be all zalgo'd up. and the ratio would be messed up. and i'm completely totally town but my death will only bring more doubt and confusion and i don't want that :(

Luxaria

Luxaria

Hmm. I'm going to take a break from the thread to let it sit so I can process some of this.

I feel like between Aeiou and Gerry, at least one of them has to be mafia, and I'm leaning Gerry.

I'm trying to think of why Gerry would so vehemently declare he thought he'd be cleared this phase and iirc didn't voice much objection last phase, but maybe he thought his role might show up differently in results, or he saw no way out of the situation. I will say that fundamentally, unless he's completely omitting a portion of his role, I just... don't know if I see that as ever being town. Beyond just being anti-town, what is the point of having that kind of a role as town?

1. The two role detectives (town and maf) don't see that the entirety of your role is to obscure information (which is basically saying what the role is, in not so many words).

2. The alignment cop doesn't see your alignment (fair, could be anti-town, though that means your sole purpose in this game is to be anti-town).

3. Any watcher roles can't see you act. But you have no active abilities. So what are you hiding from them?

Literally the only point of your role is then to hide from alignment cops, which is anti-town and you're basically almost a miller in that regard (especially if your card doesn't flip), so why wouldn't you just claim it? Even if you hate claiming, your role serves literally no function except to diminish the power of town. You did say it was anti-town, and yet you kept repeatedly also saying you were effectively vanilla because you viewed all investigative roles as spent. Then... what is the big hang-up in saying what your role is? It's not like you're going to be in a position where someone is investigating you later on and it comes up, if you think the investigations are all dead, and as such you're not tricking anyone (especially when, btw, the mafia role detection died D1). At best you'd trick one lingering town investigative role, which you just did.

Plus if your role is no longer functional in your eyes, why not claim it because you know people are going to ask later in the game? Like, you don't just sit in thread and not realize we're going to pester you into saying something. So if you're town, and your role ceases to have a purpose from your perspective, and you're going to have to claim later, why not claim when people kept asking you?

I feel like I'm just hammering in the same point over and over, but it's because from a position of logic, nothing you're doing or saying in relation to your role makes sense if you're town. If you happen to be town and maybe this was all a huge, messy understanding, I apologize. But I just... can't see anything you're saying as coming from a town.

So.

Edit: Ninja'd by Mitsu. Going to read that, but I'm thinking of voting Gerry.

Aeiou

Aeiou

Before Lux showed up with her hidden thingy I was thinking that maf just didnt send in a NK and then dran stunned me to frame me?? Is that too far fetched??

Well then there's the fact that I dont think mafia team wouldve let jeanne just straight up not use her role??

Idk, mysteries

angel★

angel★

i... really hope i'm not continuing my streak of unlucky spec but i'm still inclined to believe gerry :|a idk, i can kind of understand his thinking, and his reaction seems genuine to me?

i'm reminded of raie's chants of DYLAN AND BLAIRE and... i'm not sure if i completely agree with her, but i do think it's between dylan, blaire, and vowels????

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 36]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 24 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum