Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Love Live! School idol mafia [Mafia win]

+10
Aeiou
Five
Cure
Tiki The Troll
deo
Ninfia
plotstickers
Luxaria
Rasei
ezzelin
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 28  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 28]

Cure

Cure

I know that Ninfia actually does like offing active/strong players first, unless she's decided to take a page out of my book and go after quieter players because she KNOWS that's something people know about her.

These targets are weird. Vote: Entelechy for now.

edit: if I were to die in a freak accident this phase, the night phase would get skipped btw. So. This day phase is not ending early.

Vanilla Ace

Vanilla Ace

@Cure; Okay! That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying!

Cure wrote:I only said it'd skip the phase if I died literally a minute before rollover. I don't think the jailer acted with that in mind.

It seemed pretty obvious that you were implying that with the item in your possession, your death would cause the phase to end early again, so I wouldn't really discount the possibility of a jailer acting on you to stop the phase from ending early

re:Entelechy v Ninfia; Getting a vote in with the phase end in mind is a risky move for maf which makes me think wifom. I'll be here for most, if not the whole phase though so I'm not really in any hurry to get a vote in at this moment. I'll wait until more people speak up

plotstickers

plotstickers

Huh, so does that mean both presents were distributed on D1? I wonder if there's any chance that they could have come from the same source. :|a I suppose we'll see if no one gets one in the future?

Goodbye, Eli. (;___;)/" This pattern of going after quieter players is making me a little suspicious of our more active players, but I can understand why mafia wouldn't want to potentially waste their NK. (I understand too well...)

Regarding actions besides the NK:

-Sammie has been very popular these past two nights. She was stunned on N0 and N1.
-A second stun appeared on N1. Ace was stunned.
-A jail appeared on N1. It was used on Cure, maybe in a protective capacity?

I'm not sure whom I'll vote for yet, but I probably won't vote for Sammie, Cure, or Ace today since they could not have sent in the night kill. Is the vote on Duck random, Cure?

Cure

Cure

@Plot. Nop. I think it's super sketchy to try to vote at the first possible second in case the phase ends. That'd guarantee a lynch on ninfia, and if she's town, that'd be another entirely unnecessary hit to the ratio. You can argue wifom wifom "mafia would know they didn't try to kill cure" but I'm willing to slap a Slightly Scolding vote on them Just Because.

Luxaria

Luxaria

re: Cure and the item with the phase end
Ninfia wrote:@ cure: what? you made it pretty clear that would happen way earlier than that? I am far too lazy to go find the quote as I'm brushing my teeth here but you said something like "it could only be Deo's ability based on what happened."

I got this impression too, but then again the item posts yesterday have really thrown me off because the role defies what I'd expect of both phase end and flavor for the game. If I'm following Cure's two outlined scenarios--wait.

Cure, how quickly after the D1->N1 rollover did you receive the item? If there was a delay it's possible someone (accessory maker?) might've... copied the phase end, I guess. But if it came right as rollover happened, I don't think the timetable would line up for scenario #1. Just to clarify, does the accessory/item/present indicate that it will go to someone else after it leaves you? Or, if I'm reading you properly, you just indicated it was multi-use since it is so closely related to the working theory of deo's death triggering it? Not that it's multi-use in the sense of "It says it'll go elsewhere"?

Edit:

Went to double-check to see if you answered that already:

Cure wrote:@Plot I got it right at the beginning of this phase. Which is interesting since D1 was skipped and it's unusual that an item would be instantly activated. Unless the person who gave it to me targeted me on N0 and it was given to me technically at the beginning of D1.

Hm.

This is... getting messy, but then... Working idea would be deo had this item/ability, which got copied N0, and then given to you some time around rollover(s). Was the timestamp before or after D1->N1 rollover? I think if it was a N0 action, the host would've sent the PM prior.

That said, as has been pointed out, Fia previously mentioned Eli makes accessories, and Rasei commented in a strange fashion @ Cure, and then flipped as Eli. Is... it that simple?

Re: Last night actions

So... that's a bit more than N0. Sammiya getting stunned N0 and N1 is weird. I can't tell if that's one alignment or two behind the pair of stuns. One possible theory is... if that jail is town and not mafia (will get to in a moment), mafia might've wondered why there was no jail N0 (since it's in the ability list) and thought Sammiya might've been stunned out of it N0 and threw another on her tonight. But obviously this wasn't the case, so I'm guessing the jail and second stun have some conditions that didn't allow for them N0. Meanwhile, if you're a town stun, do you stun Sammiya twice in a row? Or after someone else did, if the first wasn't your stun? I guess you'd have high reason to suspect the first stun was mafia if it wasn't yours, too. Conversely, does mafia stun her twice? Or follow up a town stun? Ace has a point with "Why not just kill her if you're worried about her" instead of stunning her two nights in a row. Hmm.

For the jail, I had the same thought as Fia in that it looked like someone trying to protect Cure from possible killing effects and ending the day phase again, since that's what I thought she was hinting at all last phase. Nothing stops it from being mafia aligned, though.

The stun on Ace is strange. I can see it as a town action in case mafia was sending NKs in through the newest member, since we tend to give new players some space, but given the nature of NK targets so far things could go either way. The NKs have both been on targets out of the ordinary. deo makes sense if you're trying to dodge protects, so I'm guessing Rasei might fit into that vein as well. Plus her comments in thread.

Re: Votes

I'm not sure how I feel about the quick vote on Ninfia. I can see the logic of not wanting the day phase to result in nothing, but it does feel a bit strange, especially when evidence suggests the phase end is dependent on Cure dying. (Edit: Also, she points out it'd end the next phase, so theoretically this phase is safe... this also furthers the idea that it was linked to deo's death retirement.)

I agree with Cure that Ninfia tends to NK much more surgically, since I think each game I've hosted for her she's gone for people like Mitsu, Kiyoko, Cure, and ezz. This obviously isn't a hard rule since she could in theory do anything.

I'd like to see Duck reply to Ninfia's statements and Cure's vote, plus the others that haven't posted.

Closing thought: Interestingly, I think both Sammiya and Cure hinted at receiving a present/item yesterday, and both ended up stunned and jailed. I'm not sure what to make of that.

Aeiou

Aeiou

Hmm at least we know Sammie is more likely town! She also can't be a stunner unless there's a third lol. I don't know what to make from NK targets although I did pick up on what rasei said right before cure got the item so it is possible that's why maf picked her.

I don't really see a reasoning for either vote so I'm not inclined to vote either of those two atm.

Cure

Cure

Lux wrote:
Cure, how quickly after the D1->N1 rollover did you receive the item? If there was a delay it's possible someone (accessory maker?) might've... copied the phase end, I guess. But if it came right as rollover happened, I don't think the timetable would line up for scenario #1. Just to clarify, does the accessory/item/present indicate that it will go to someone else after it leaves you? Or, if I'm reading you properly, you just indicated it was multi-use since it is so closely related to the working theory of deo's death triggering it? Not that it's multi-use in the sense of "It says it'll go elsewhere"?

I got the item at 9:37. It was immediately after rollover and probably given to me during N0 tbh, but ezz had to deal with all the phase end shenanigans.

No. I literally never said that. It's literally an effect that's applied to me. The next phase will be skipped after I die.

I said multi-use because the PHASE ENDING ABILITY is appearing multiple times (immediately, even) after its first use. A phase-ending ability should not be multi-use in a game like this unless there's some weird shenanigans going on like someone duplicating someone else's role. Deo's in this case, since Deo died and the phase was skipped. I literally cannot believe that there would be a normal phase ender and a passive phase ender. There would not be two roles like this in a twelve person game. This is deo's ability or deo had an identical item. end of story. I will not accept any alternate theories because THERE WOULD NOT BE TWO SEPARATE ROLES WITH PHASE ENDING CAPABILITIES IN A GAME THIS SMALL. it has to be the same role or a role copier. And given the explicit text of how this works, the person who had the original ability had to be deo.

Aeiou

Aeiou

That's such a strange ability/death activation thing... Has that been done before? It's kind of awkward

Entelechy

Entelechy

I really dislike skipped day phases, and with another potential one on the table, I didn't want to take a chance of missing another chance to have someone retire.

But if I were mafia (I am town, I am not mafia), I would know that the NK was super duper unlikely to trigger another phase skip since it wasn't on Cure. So why would I make that immediate vote? It would just draw attention to me since I would know it almost certainly wouldn't actually cause a retirement. I would not profit from casting that vote if I were mafia.

Lux, I am unsure which statements of Ninfia's you are referring to? I did respond to why I voted for her (the timing on content of her post herereally reminded me of when we were mafia together in your game, which was the most cause I had to go on).

I'll quote myself again below:

As for why you, its because the previous post you made really reminded me of the kind of posting you did when we were mafia together in Lux's all vanilla game. It has the same vibe to me.

I remember many times before I joined this forums you talking to me about your strategy here, and how you like to just watch and listen for the first few rounds, and I've generally observed that to be true. The exception being when you are mafia.

I am by no means sure, but I wanted to get an emergency vote in in case the phase skipped again, and that was the strongest thing I had to go on.

100Love Live! School idol mafia [Mafia win] - Page 7 Empty Re: Love Live! School idol mafia [Mafia win] Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:50 pm

Cure

Cure

IT"S... really weird. Especially if it's a town ability?? Since... if it's applied to a townie and they're NKed... the... day phase will get skipped. But I can't really see why it would be a mafia ability unless they like... put it on townies and then kill them to end the phase but? idk man.

fwiw. I'm also pretty sure there's at least one revival role in play, given that it says this will only work once and if I were to die and be revived, it would not occur a second time.

@duck. Isn't that game literally the only game you've actually played with Ninfia where she was alive for more than one day? How do you know that's not how she always plays. It reads as her normal behavior to me, and I've played a lot of games with her. Not saying I think she's town or anything, but that seems like a weak reason to me.

101Love Live! School idol mafia [Mafia win] - Page 7 Empty Re: Love Live! School idol mafia [Mafia win] Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:10 pm

Sammiya

Sammiya
Admin

PLEASE STOP STUNNING ME. 'sobs

But Vote: Duck for now. His quick vote on Ninfia feels really weird to me, particularly given his cited reason for it.

https://crywolf.rpg-board.net

102Love Live! School idol mafia [Mafia win] - Page 7 Empty Re: Love Live! School idol mafia [Mafia win] Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:38 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

@ Cure
Ah, okay, I follow you. I was thrown off because I read . . .

Cure wrote:It's an item, yes. I say multi-use, because it seems like the item that caused D1 to end. I think someone gave it to me but I have no idea what character it could have been.

I have no idea why an item that could skip the day phase multiple times in such a small game would be usable multiple times but...

. . . and got it in my head that you were saying it seemed like it was an item that it, itself, had been previously owned (by deo) and then got passed directly to you, thus signifying its multi-use capability. But I get the wording now. That clears up some of my confusion.

You're probably right in that ezz had to deal with the phase end instead of send PMs, but I guess I was also wondering if she'd send host PMs to players between "phase end" and "rollover" each phase. Thus why I was kind of curious if you got it right around N0->D1 rollover and didn't notice it until after D1->N1, but iirc you did post in the short time frame between phases, so. I agree with scenario #1 in this case in that it's either an item that mirrored deo's role on N0, or we're in one hell of a game for 12 players, which I find unlikely since I know ezz is meticulous about balance.

@ Duck
Oops, I got the order of posts mixed up and thought Fia had replied to you more directly. I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow to see what she says, but!

Hm.

You're right that Ninfia does listen and watch quite a bit for the first half of the game--by her own admission, and how she plays most games--but I also think the game you're referencing was a case of her being very inactive rather than proactive like in the example you cite. She'd mostly show up close to phase end and barely contribute, or at least not as much as usual (from my perspective as host, I mean, and someone that's played with her for a while). So I'm not sure if I really catch the explicit similarity between these two games.

Otherwise, do you have any thoughts on the recipients of actions and NKs? So far I've only seen your vote on Fia and reasoning for it.

@ Sammiya
Do you have any thoughts on the stuns on you? Otherwise, /hugs ;w;

103Love Live! School idol mafia [Mafia win] - Page 7 Empty Re: Love Live! School idol mafia [Mafia win] Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:56 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Okay. I'm a bit worn out, I'll try to reread everying again later. But first, in honor of our fallen comrade, let's bust out the RNG "Give me some good spec," vote: Vote: Vowels.

As for what I, just some thoughts on the voting patterns.

• This ispretty common when there's a high profile speculator in the Mafia. To avoid the ":Why aren't you dead yet?" question for someone who's a typical NK target they'll take out lower profile players, leaving the list of "Why not dead?" suspects as large as they can so they can hide amongst them.
  • Because this DOES get Town looking at all the heavy spec folks though, this has been seen at times to be less noticeable players just trying to draw attention to the unusual targets, and getting the Town to try and turn on the speculators.
  • RNG. This all but throws out the strategies above, instead just trying to avoid scrutiny and predictability by being random. And besides, this random nature could get the Town filling in gaps in all the wrong places, getting us talking about, for example, the two things I list above.

Beyond all that, there's this weird, literal time bomb business in the form of Cure's item...and now an item that replaces role powers. Actually, a question for forever stunned Sammie: while you don't like the new role as much, would you say it's equal to, greater than, or less than your original role, in terms of power and viability?

Oh, yeah, then there's all the stuns and jails. The jail on Cure makes sense, a sort of protect. But the stuns, meh, no ideas here, heh.

ezzelin

ezzelin

Any actions that were sent on N0 to be processed after rollover have been processed in those three minutes between N0->D1 and D1->N1 rollovers.

Vanilla Ace

Vanilla Ace

ezzelin-P wrote:Any actions that were sent on N0 to be processed after rollover have been processed in those three minutes between N0->D1 and D1->N1 rollovers.

Cure wrote:I got the item at 9:37. It was immediately after rollover and probably given to me during N0 tbh, but ezz had to deal with all the phase end shenanigans.

So Cure received the item during n1, which means either it was a delayed gift or someone was able to give the item before d1 phase end. And Sammiya says she received an item during d1 based on the timestamp. Correct me if I'm wrong, but looking at the list of role archetypes available in the game, only the Inventor and Gun(smith??) can give out items, right? So unless the Inventor can act every phase, Sammiya probably has a gun or uhh, an early retirement device or something.

we've only had three votes or something but i'm gonna do a vote tally gdi

00:15 Entelechy vs Ninfia
00:41 Cure vs Entelechy
02:10 Sammiya vs Entelechy
02:56 Tiki vs Aeiou

Entelechy - II
Ninfia - I
Aeiou - I

okay, that was four

I'm not inclined to vote for Ninfia because it was a random-ish gut read vote that has been rebutted by Lux and Cure far. Vowels vote was explicitly rng. I'm gonna hold off on voting for Entelechy (I keep misspelling your username, I'm calling you duck like everyone else) for now until I have enough reason to. Fuvk it, I guess wifom is a reason in itself. I can probably change my vote before rollover if anyone has something else to say so I'll bite vote: duck

My maf skills are rusty (not that they were any good to begin with lmao) so excuse me if I'm not seeing some things. If anything I'm naturally suspicious of strong speculators because it can be easy to run the town into mislynches with enough blocks of text, but that's more of a personal thing. Considering the supposed odd NKs (I can't really tell because this is my first game here), I guess having at least one of the strong speculators be maf isn't too far-fetched.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum