Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Love Live! School idol mafia [Mafia win]

+10
Aeiou
Five
Cure
Tiki The Troll
deo
Ninfia
plotstickers
Luxaria
Rasei
ezzelin
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 28  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 28]

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

Entelechy wrote:
Yes! I have a reason! I wanted to put a vote on someone, because Ezzelin said that it MIGHT count if the phase was skipped again, and thus result in a lynch. And lynching anyone for information is better than no lynch at this point.

As for why you, its because the previous post you made really reminded me of the kind of posting you did when we were mafia together in Lux's all vanilla game. It has the same vibe to me.

I remember many times before I joined this forums you talking to me about your strategy here, and how you like to just watch and listen for the first few rounds, and I've generally observed that to be true. The exception being when you are mafia.

well I mean a lynch on my at this point would give the town absolutely zero information, and would pretty much be a wasted day phase regardless. shrugs. I can't say much when it comes to your vibes, but the point of mafia is to post as if you're town regardless of alignment, so perhaps I'm better at seeming town when I'm maf than I thought!

I was actually thinking "huh, I'm being way more active than usual" as I was posting but well, I was pretty excited about this game (since I actually said "lol what if love live maf" to ezz) because I enjoy love live a lot, and am pretty darn happy with my role.  I tend to post more when I'm excited, like in Litmaf, where that got me killed n1.

It's also a smaller game so I feel the need to be a little more active. also, compared to most games, the first few phases have given us a lot to speculate on vs the usual "quiet n0, nk, no lynch or random lynch, quiet n1, nk" so I have more to say. And I may or may not have been procrastinating my way to the end of my work day yesterday.

that being said, I'm gonna be scarce tonight since I have an exam tomorrow so if I'm posting a bunch, I'm procrastinating on studying and you should all yell at me.

Cure wrote:
edit: Ninfia did you jail me. :V

lmao no, my ability is primarily passive. I'm just saying you made it pretty clear that killing you would end the phase, as Lux and Ace also agreed with so the jail on you reads as town to me.

in all likelihood, the second stun and jail couldn't act n0 so that the mafia had a better chance of getting a kill off?

also cure, you keep being like "THERE COULDN'T POSSIBLY BE ANY MORE USES OF THIS ABILITY" but like. why not. you also were certain the dash couldn't be a stun.

still kinda mulling over the stun on ace but I don't really feel like I have more thoughts on it than last night.

also, to be fair, in the cases where I've NK'd bigger mafia players its usually a group decision, so, I mean higher profile targets are usually a good call regardless.

oh re: sammiya getting an item. if Eli was the inventor, I wouldn't be surprised if she acted on sammie first.

I'm at work but I'll try to respond again on my lunch break!

edit: sits on top of this page proudly

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

ezzelin

ezzelin

Love Live! School idol mafia [Mafia win] - Page 8 Vote_tally_by_amashimono-d9yi4cq

Entelechy vs Ninfia
Cure vs Entelechy
Sammiya vs Entelechy
Tiki vs Aeiou
Ace vs Entelechy

Totals!

Aeiou I
Entelechy III
Ninfia I

ty Ace for making a tally while I was migraining!

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Ooh, thanks Ms. Hosr (may your head feel better soon)!

I just got clarification on something from Ezzelin, and y'know, I actually don't need Aeiou to respond to my vote anymore. My vote that, funny enough, was not RNG, but something meant to seem not too aggressive, so Aeiou would talk. But, again, now that I've confirmed something with Ezz, not really necessary. =D

Of course, we can't talk about our roles, and really, I wouldn't want to anyway. But, so you guys know, if we lynch Vowels, one of two things will become clear:

• Aeiou is Mafia.
  • The Mafia can hide their actions.

Well, pending any Miller stuff (and that you believe me on this). But yep.

The Duckie votes seem solid too, but for me, I'll not be switching anytime soon.

Last edited by Tiki The Troll on Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Vanilla Ace

Vanilla Ace

Get well soon, host-senpai!

Ooh, info. I assumed it was RNG since, well, you said it was RNG. What I get from your possibilities is that you were able to act on Aeiou and you saw something...happen. Considering we get something from this lynch any way it turns out, I'm gonna go ahead and unvote, vote: Aeiou

Entelechy

Entelechy

Ookay. My own thoughts on NKs and roles.

We know that all three of the mafia are not Sammiya, Ace, and Cure, because if those were the three mafia, there would have been no NK.

We know that Sammiya Ace, and Cure are not stunners or Jailers.

We can presume that the Killproof is still alive.

Given that there were two stuns, and exactly twelve roles for twelve players, I am inclined to believe that the Inventor was responsible. I am not sure what the Boost role does, actually. I mean, in a normal game, but could it possibly have allowed someone with stun to target two people?

As for the targeting strategy, regarding killing Deo N0, it might be to sow confusion just because it was unexpected. The Mafia might have gotten bored with the same people always dying N0 and wanted to do something different. It could be RNG. The mafia could be strong spec people trying to hide by picking off the weak spec people so they blend in better. However what confuses me is that Rasei tends to mislynched a fair bit. She does have some good insight, but her wording and frequent claims to be acting on RNG makes her a lynch target often enough. So I really have to wonder if the mafia knew something.

The double night stun on Sammiya and the seeming unusual NK choices makes me wonder if the Mafia doesn't have some kind of information source. Given the logic I've seen of how roles match character personality, (just going by the wiki description of personality) I wouldn't be surprised if Toudou Erena had a way of learning things about people she admired.

Now, my reasons for voting Ninfia were thin, but we didn't have much of substance to go right then, and Ninfia behavior seemed to match more how she acts when mafia than town. I don't claim to have had a strong reason.

That said, her reasons make sense (you would not believe how into Love Live she is. But it seems like many of you are?). So I am willing to unvote Ninfia until we get strong evidence.

Tiki, on the other hand, seems to have garnered solid information somehow, and I doubt that their action is a mafia ploy because that would be unnecessary and gratuitously high risk.

So I will also vote AEIOU

111Love Live! School idol mafia [Mafia win] - Page 8 Empty Re: Love Live! School idol mafia [Mafia win] Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:41 am

plotstickers

plotstickers

Whoa, Tiki is taking the initiative. Very interesting! It seems a little convenient to me that three players are around to vote for Vowels right now, but that might be a little too aggressive for mafia. Not to mention being around at the same time doesn't necessarily mean anything. /flips table to disrupt wine

I don't often see the same person get stunned twice in a row, so I'm also inclined to think mafia has an investigative role on its side. That said, it certainly is odd that she was stunned over killed in that case. Does mafia not have an additional kill? /rubs chin Also, Sammie could have a passive stun, but no one else was stunned on n0 so that seems unlikely unless there's a rate of failure?

vote: Vowels I'm willing to follow Tiki's lead for now with a tiny bit of hesitance because Vowels can be easy to mislynch. I'm hoping she can drop by before the phase is over. I wouldn't mind another lynch candidate if the vote totals aren't too close. /stares at vote manipulation and lynchsave roles

Omg if Vowels ends up being lynchproof, I'm going to cry

112Love Live! School idol mafia [Mafia win] - Page 8 Empty Re: Love Live! School idol mafia [Mafia win] Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:55 am

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Popping in one more time before work to clarify something I shoud have said long ago:

PLOTTIE...
...that is your cutest avatar yet. =D

113Love Live! School idol mafia [Mafia win] - Page 8 Empty Re: Love Live! School idol mafia [Mafia win] Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:58 am

Cure

Cure

Ninfia wrote:also cure, you keep being like "THERE COULDN'T POSSIBLY BE ANY MORE USES OF THIS ABILITY" but like. why not. you also were certain the dash couldn't be a stun.

The dash being a stun is completely different than me saying there's not two individual phase ending roles in this game. Because phase ends are actually kind of ridiculous. We had TWO different types of phase ends in lit maf and it was still an awful lot in a 24 person game (from two different people. Neutral Pan could end day phases (while canceling the lynch), and mafia Sammie could end either phase (while not canceling the lynch/nk)).

I absolutely cannot for the sake of balance see two DAY PHASE ENDING ROLES belonging to DIFFERENT PEOPLE (not originating from the same role via role copier) being in this twelve person game.

Also the phase ending roles were heavily regulated in lit maf (Neither could act within essentially 10 and 13 phases of the first use of the role). It's extremely strange for a phase-ending role to be able to be used IMMEDIATELY after its first use.

Last edited by Cure on Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total

114Love Live! School idol mafia [Mafia win] - Page 8 Empty Re: Love Live! School idol mafia [Mafia win] Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:00 am

Cure

Cure

... Hmm. Tiki is actually being very forceful and assertive compared to normal, which strikes me as role-related reasoning to be going after Vowels of all people. His first post where he actually voted for her struck me as very unusual (but not in a scummy way, because he acts very differently when trying to lay low as mafia). I'll trust this for now. Unvote, Vote: Vowels

There's not really a reason for Tiki to out himself if he's mafia, and if Vowels flips town we'll all just kill him anyway. Let's hope you're not a paracop again Tiki.

115Love Live! School idol mafia [Mafia win] - Page 8 Empty Re: Love Live! School idol mafia [Mafia win] Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:25 am

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Cure wrote:There's not really a reason for Tiki to out himself if he's mafia, and if Vowels flips town we'll all just kill him anyway. Let's hope you're not a paracop again Tiki.

Oh, ho, ho, what is the worst that could be happening?

116Love Live! School idol mafia [Mafia win] - Page 8 Empty Re: Love Live! School idol mafia [Mafia win] Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:22 pm

Five

Five

Hello I am here! I went to bed early last night and missed rollover and then had some errands to run this morning but I have returned. So, I know we've kind of moved past this as a thread, but I think the jail on Cure was absolutely for protective purposes because it was pretty clear what she was hinting at with the item pretty much immediately after I asked her if it was an item and she said it seemed like what caused d1 to be skipped.

I have... mixed feelings on the duck's quick d2 vote and desire to lynch someone even if the phase ended early. Mostly, I don't think there was any information to be gained from a one-vote lynch, contrary to the reasoning presented, but also I can see the argument that a lynch is still better than no lynch because the lynch is the only chance we stand at hitting mafia because outside of weird and lucky driving there's no way the NK is going to end up killing one of them. I feel a little bit uneasy about the quick bandwagon on the duck in response, though, and would not be surprised at all if one of the duck votes came from mafia if the duck is indeed town.

I'm very much okay with lynching Vowels if Tiki has information, but I'm curious about the information Tiki says we're going to get out of the lynch, particularly the "mafia can hide their actions" bit being something we'll apparently know if she flips town. I guess that's something we'll learn after the flip. I feel okay with a vote: Aeiou because this definitely looks like behavior Tiki would not use without a reason behind it.

117Love Live! School idol mafia [Mafia win] - Page 8 Empty Re: Love Live! School idol mafia [Mafia win] Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:51 pm

Cure

Cure

It sounds like... some sort of watching/tracking ability. Possibly that vowels was the only one who targeted Rasei last night. Which would mean vowels had to have sent the NK, or else mafia can obscure their actions. This seems like the most likely scenario to me, because Tiki is implying that if Vowels flips town she's a miller. If he was a detective and she was a mafia miller, he wouldn't have any real reason to suspect her.

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

I admit, I'd usually try to play this quieter for longer, too, but given the current NKs, laying low and just writing out my usual, silly posts isn't going to keep me safe anyway. Besides, we're down 2 Town to 0 Mafia, and have little to go off of.

Looking again at the roles, Miller seems out of the question at least, so long as the inventor can't hide alignment somehow, heh. Given that I'm actually 99% sure Aeiou did at least one NK, I wouldn't be surprised if she's killproof, or just the lowest profile Mafia player.

Entelechy

Entelechy

Tiki The Troll wrote:I admit, I'd usually try to play this quieter for longer, too, but given the current NKs, laying low and just writing out my usual, silly posts isn't going to keep me safe anyway.

The mafia has awoken a sleeping giant.

Luxaria

Luxaria

This'll be a bit brief of thought since I'm in mild pain right now, so without wading too much into some of the Duck vs Fia discussion, and other things...

re: Item creator identity
I saw Ace's and Fia's comments regarding the items/gifts on Sammiya and Cure, so following up on that...

Ninfia wrote:oh re: sammiya getting an item. if Eli was the inventor, I wouldn't be surprised if she acted on sammie first.

That's actually a good point, but if Sammiya seems to have gotten her gift/item D1 (meaning the result of a N0 action), then that would mean if Rasei acted on Sammiya and then Cure, she would have had to have picked Cure within the 3 minute long D1 and sent the action in (unless she had it planned in advance). She also only commented directly towards Cure, iirc, and didn't mention Sammiya. Additionally, the proposed sequence suggests Rasei could act every phase. Is this typical of an inventor-ish role? To me it seems more likely that whatever Cure and Sammiya received came from different sources.

@ Duck
Not going to get into depth on anything else you may have said, but:

Entelechy wrote:Given that there were two stuns, and exactly twelve roles for twelve players

I think you're referring to the list of abilities outlined in the master post? In which case, there should be 17 role effects listed there, not 12. There was also a note that some of the roles could fit multiple types, which would explain the numbers not lining up with players perfectly. Or did you mean something else with this comment?

re: The troll versus the alphabet
Hm hm! I've very rarely seen or known Tiki to behave in this manner out of the gate (especially after the unforgettable first time he did such a thing... s-sorry about that). I am a little bit curious what you know since your "one of two things" implies in the second case that Aeiou isn't mafia, but mafia is hiding their actions, while meanwhile Aeiou seems to have sent in a NK by your statements. Was this N0 or N1? Either way, I'll trust your lead for now.

Vote: Aeiou

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum