Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4]

+15
high seraph
nautilus
Rasei
Aeiou
plotstickers
chinomi
She-Ra
ezzelin
Vanilla Ace
Kiyoko
katagi
Mr. Alice
Cure
Ninfia
Five
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 35 ... 62  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 62]

106Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 8 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:17 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Right-o so I don't really have too much to share right now. I'm trying to process what my ability means for game balance. I guess it really depends on how many people have the same mechanic, so I'm going to wait to see if anyone chimes in before I share any more. If anyone does have the same mechanic, let's swap. If this statement doesn't make sense to you, you don't have the mechanic.

Re: stuns/jails, I feel like the "one is probably town and one is probably maf" thing has bitten us in the ass over the past few games (Raie and ezz's basically identical redirect in alca's game comes to mind) but I also don't have any evidence that that's not the case so. I have no strong opinion on the alignment of either the stun or the jail.

Re: katagi's death, my first thought was that maf might want to go for an unorthodox target to circumvent protects, given how crossroads went.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

107Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 8 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:33 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Hmm, Kiyo...well, I'm not sure about what you're referring to in terms of a past role, but I'm wondering if I'm the person you're seeking.

Do you have a role that could severely disappoint the same person, and only that person, over and over if used every night, in a way that would not show up in rollover?

108Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 8 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:35 pm

Cure

Cure

Arctic Monkiyoko wrote:Does everyone else have an ability mechanic that reminds them strongly of some other maf game that has been run in the past i want to make sure it's not just me because this will affect my spec

yes.

also, i forgot this game started and when rollover was. uh. rip katagi

i am currently backreading at the post i just quoted.

okay im caught up nothing has happened

edit: I probably don't have anything like what kiyo's talking about, but my ability reminds me of older games rather than new ones.

109Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 8 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:43 pm

Aeiou

Aeiou

Wow The Cure is too easy of a pun wtf, I still haven thought of one for myself
RIP Tagi, wtf is this song, why didnt I pick a better song and I wonder what ability(ies?) you'd get from a song like this.

This game is the first I've seen in a while I think?? where the neutral needs to be taken out as well. At least specifically stated anyway, so we also have to look out for them considering we normally just ignore them and let them do their thing as long as it seems harmless. I dont know anything about matching a past game or having anything like Kiyo is talking about. I agree about the alignment thing(what Kiyo said) and I'm kind of surprised that's all that showed up on rollover? I feel like there is more power roles floating around, or should be? Then again I dont know shit about balancing, maybe one day Ill pretend to know and host a game haha. The rollover is pretty straight forward and I think the only thing really gleanable is that Jason and Plot didn't send in NK but that doesnt mean diddly squats really yet other than they are lower on the lynch list? Tagi is a weird lynch target but I guess it makes sense to avoid protects or rng.

tl;dr I have nothing to contribute and its work time

110Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 8 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:59 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Aeiou wrote:Wow The Cure is too easy of a pun wtf, I still haven thought of one for myself

111Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 8 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:01 pm

Five

Five

Heh. The Jackson Five.

112Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 8 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:05 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Tiki The Tralala wrote:Hmm, Kiyo...well, I'm not sure about what you're referring to in terms of a past role, but I'm wondering if I'm the person you're seeking.

Do you have a role that could severely disappoint the same person, and only that person, over and over if used every night, in a way that would not show up in rollover?

Nope. I don't have a "partner" so to speak. I'm not looking for a specific person, just wondering if someone with a similar ability exists so we can swap. If not, I'm going to just pick someone random and they'll know when they get a thing.

Re: malicious neutral

IN ADDITION, some malicious Third Party roles may need to be eliminated for the Town to secure victory. The number of such roles will be announced at the beginning of the game.

I guess they're technically maf-aligned? So even though they don't count towards the maf ratio and probably also can't communicate with maf(?) we should think about it as town needing to eliminate 5 maf to win. I wonder if the other neutral is more town-aligned, then.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

113Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 8 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:14 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Yeah, my comment on different plans was meant to encompass weird gambits and dodging protections - either way, I don't feel like katagi was killed for the reason of stopping discussion in any way though that just might be me Stating The ObviousTM

Regarding stuns and jails:

Luxaria wrote:Actually, towards that point and if memory serves, didn't Blaire get stunned by the mafia on N0 in CCS when she said she'd be inactive? Which we all found weird like we do now? I think, anyway...

... lmao yeah that was the case in CCS maf, and I wonder if it's the same here, too... That being said I guess I don't want to delve too deeply into alignments of the stunners and jails both because I feel like the alignments of both are kind of ambiguous as they stand right now (i.e. if the stunner had straight up stunned someone like Kiyoko immediately on n0, that would be far less ambiguous bar gambits than what we have right now) and because their alignments will probably become more obvious the more phases we have from their targets.

/treads water

Aeiou also brings up a good point that there's an extra person who have to take out that isn't maf... I feel like it might be possible that this game's laid out like Lucas' SMT game where there was a mafia-aligned neutral and a town-aligned neutral, and that the second neutral's ability is more beneficial to town?

For the record I feel like the malicious neutral's ability/win is at least more damaging to town more than mafia*, since mafia doesn't need to eliminate the malicious neutral to win (but town does), though this might just be a product of balancing and the malicious neutral might just have some random ability like sending emails to people (that isn't outwardly malicious) with the added effect of blocking the town from a win, but calling them a malicious neutral ... lmao

Either way ia we should treat this game as having 5 maf than four

*by that i don't think the win is something like "kill everyone in this game"

114Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 8 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:53 pm

Cure

Cure

Skype wrote:[9:53:04 PM] Raie: Jailson Derulo

I feel like someone might jail blaire literally for this hilarious pun alone but i could be wrong.

also i'm not the jailer, but if i was i would totally jail blaire for that pun alone.

115Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 8 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:04 pm

plotstickers

plotstickers

I have professional development this week, which I completely forgot about, but I thankfully don't have any homework.

Anyway, it's very exciting and puzzling to be stunned. Exciting because that means someone Noticed Me and there's a low chance I'll be mislynched on D1. Puzzling because I'm kind of an odd choice for a stun. Ah, mafia, the game where we mess around with convention.

I am going to be a little less conservative this game and bring up that there's probably a bus driver in this game!

116Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 8 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:05 pm

chinomi

chinomi

wait there was already a night phase what OOPS

117Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 8 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:07 pm

plotstickers

plotstickers

chi you missed your own concert

118Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 8 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:11 pm

chinomi

chinomi

yabai

119Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 8 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:12 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

Jason Derulo.....

wHO JAILED ME I WILL HAVE MY LAWYERS ON YOU, YOU JUST WAIT

also who is everyone now i just got back ok please have subtitles or namecards somewhere don't do me like this

on another note i too am curious as to why i was jailed. like i'm pretty much never an actual threat, so??? but that's ok we'll figure it out probably later who kno

120Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 8 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:15 pm

Rasei

Rasei

This phase I will not vote for Jason or Plots. Now bed time for me. Have to wake up in a little over four hours.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 62]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 35 ... 62  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum