Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4]

+15
high seraph
nautilus
Rasei
Aeiou
plotstickers
chinomi
She-Ra
ezzelin
Vanilla Ace
Kiyoko
katagi
Mr. Alice
Cure
Ninfia
Five
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 41 ... 62  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 62]

301Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 21 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:28 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Uhh... Is this like you're hit with a normal night phase stun or like the "you lose your ability for 48 hours" kind of thing like we've seen in some past games (like Fia's role in lit maf and I think R...asei's role in CCS maf)?

I agree that this is neutral-sounding either way.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

302Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 21 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:33 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

Jason Derulo....

it said i would be stunned "this phase", so that'd be....during the night phase (N1)

303Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 21 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:43 pm

angel★

angel★

justin chimberlake wrote:man nvm then angel is lame :/

oh :(

also inclined to believe that chi is not maf?? (otherwise i wouldn't have responded to her in a non-vague way...) but then also she could be making it all up like the dreamer with the sunsets 8( but her vibes are making me lean towards trusting her

(chi pls don't hurt me again)

lol this roofie pizza thing was a wild ride. it does seem to be a third party thing, though i've been thinking about if they were more likely to be the malicious one or not. on one hand, it doesn't seem that malicious since you get to choose to be stunned or not, but on the other it could just be relative?? i also wonder if the two third parties will try and counterclaim each other for the non-malicious one (or maybe even mafia trying to cc them too???), since if your win condition is something like having x people let you stun them, then it might not happen until you come forward and beg people for it as people are pretty nice towards neutrals usually. so it's interesting to see how this will play out....

304Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 21 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:06 am

Cure

Cure

I know in a game I hosted a long time ago, one of the neutrals had a win condition that had some flavor to it about collecting pieces of a puzzle, but was effectively requesting players to allow themselves to be stunned and they got their win condition after x number of players agreed. I know I wasn't the only person to implement that exact neutral role (it always had different flavor aspects to it).

old game role wrote:Every night, choose a player to help you collect all 4 pieces of the compass in order to get your win condition find the treasure! They may also refuse to help you, as it will keep them from using their action for the night.

305Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 21 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:19 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Yo so I got confirmation about my ability. I can't be stunned out of acting. If pizza is neutral and needs someone to voluntarily get stunned, hit me up. I do have some requests tho

When I answer the door, please say, "Did someone order the meat lovers with extra sausage" and then start playing raunchy music in the background

if it's not exactly like this i'm going to ask for my money back okay. i'll still offer to tip i guess since you went through all the trouble of coming to deliver pizza

but not the full price

just the tip

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

306Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 21 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:40 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

how does this happen. tl;dr at the bottom because I suck at life.

Rollover wrote:Tiki the Troll was jailed!

And, if you have been earnest thusfar, this is what I feared the end result might be of yesterday's discussion.

Tiki the Troll wrote:But yeah. Why jail me other than wanting no information on what I have talked about for two, damn days now? And a jail instead of a kill, because, let's face it, looking at the last day phase, could easily mislynch me if I don't get to prove myself.

I don't think anyone is clamoring to lynch you just yet, though obviously some results and transparency down the line are likely going to be appreciated given how it evolved into such a big topic. I won't probe deeper for now given your comments. But, I do worry you'll now have to worry about being a bit of a target each night given all factors. If you have any idea of how we might be able to help you get your role off... though discussing and coordinating actions publicly in thread is... Well, I guess we'll see how future phases go.

Mitsu wrote:re: jail on Tiki - I can see a few options here:

Mafia jailed Tiki so he wouldn't be able to do his thing given he seemed to be hamming it up as some sort of good thing here and to further delay his ability to prove himself

Town jailed Tiki because they didn't trust his claims from the previous phase, or town jailed Tiki a la Raie jailing me in CCS mafia as a way of protection, but given the fact that Tiki outright claimed jailing would interfere with his thing, I feel like town would not jail him if they believed him enough to want to protect him

Given the amount of people in-thread willing to put their faith in Tiki, I feel like the former (mafia jailing Tiki) is more likely than the latter.

I agree with the entirety of this assessment, though if I put on my devil's advocate tinfoil hat, there's always the chance of maf!Tiki being jailed by a mafia as an elaborate ruse. That said, I'd be more inclined discard this theory since I know Tiki's stances on emotional manipulation (see: the displeasure in thread) and also being the butt of a gambit like that. He could also be mafia doing... who knows what and got jailed by a town. Hell, even by a third party somewhere in all of this, whatever Tiki's alignment might be in that case. I guess I'm at a point where I have no reason to trust Tiki right now, but I have no reason to distrust him and I'd rather not see him lynched just yet. I'm leaning more towards the first option Mitsu outlined. I can see an earnest town!Tiki getting blocked N0, trying to make a big deal of it with the hope of town's compliance, and getting burned for the honesty via mafia jail.

... if I want to dig deeper into the rabbit hole, I am now thinking about how weird the roles seem to be in this game, judging by hints in thread and what I know of my own. Mafia with access to the content of four of them could hatch some bizarre plan, but that'd mean only a few people could be helming this ship of lies, and one of them was quick to vote Tiki, and another is in a position where I'm less inclined to view them as mafia. But that's all wishy-washy. Also, unrelated to Tiki ship, it could be any other ship in the thread under the same situation of mafia having more content to use to bend the logic of in-thread discussion with falsified role hints.

I don't know why I rambled on all of that to arrive at the conclusion I indicated before I began rambling, but hey I'm too lux; didn't read, for better or worse. I hate myself and this title. kill me.

Cure wrote:I'll continue not to contribute anything of value, because I have nothing to contribute. If you vote me out it's a waste of the day phase and a hit to the ratio. I'm honestly not really paying attention, so you don't really lose anything other than another mislynch. My ability is not particularly helpful on its own.

Big frown. For several reasons. But one of those I'm not going to discuss right now, and Kiyo already got to what I would have. I am curious what Kiyo's other reasons are, but if she'd rather not delve into them I'll take the hint. For now, anyway. Also seems Cure started posting more, so this lowers the care on this matter.

Kiyoko wrote:but I did read chi's asking people whether they're active/passive as a more town thing to do. If chi has an ability that's harmful or disruptive to her target in any way, it doesn't make sense for her to basically declare in thread who she's going to act on, and if she has an ability that isn't harmful then I think maf!chi would just use it on maf and not be so overt about target-hunting.

This is actually really good reasoning and I have no qualms with it for the moment.

re: Pizzagate
I was so goddamn confused until I realized Blaire actually posted yesterday about a pizza and Aeiou said something.

I guess I can see Aeiou just "claiming" the pizza mention as a joke, but the entire concept of the pizza is so weird.

From what Blaire's saying, it sounds like this pizza was an instant notification on N1? And you had to either accept or deny the pizza? If you accepted, you'd be stunned on N1? And if you declined... nothing?

What.

Am I missing something with all of that?

I... guess I can sort of see that being a third party role so to speak. I'm not sure if I'd place it on the malicious or non-malicious third party, though.

I've been typing too long so I'm just going to finish this with:

Kiyoko wrote:"Did someone order the meat lovers with extra sausage" and then start playing raunchy music in the background

jfc

Kiyoko wrote:just the tip

go to bed.

tl;dr: Given what happened, I find Tiki's candid info on D1 a little detrimental given where we may have ended up, but not inclined to lynch him right now for several reasons, one of which being it seems more probable maf!jail targeted town!Tiki. The pizza is weird to me considering no one mentioned anything about it on N0/D1 to my knowledge? Hm, I may have a theory (Edit: jk I suck), but I'll wait to see if any more info crops up, and I need to check some things first anyway. I have no qualms with cryptic posts for the protection of sensitive info. Will do more elaborate reads later on when more have posted, but I still stand by not wanting to lynch Mitsu, maybe Kiyo, and probably Tiki for now. Kiyo's also pretty lewd, and Fia's song is damn catchy, may she RIP and shred mafia in her dreams.

307Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 21 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:55 am

Aeiou

Aeiou

I just want to vote for someone because Im tired of no lynching
vote: Ace

for no real reason but I feel bad because Vanilla Ace and your icon are so good
I'll be around tomorrow to change it tho depending on whats going on in the thread.
But yeah I dont really have feels I just wanted to do a thing so I picked somewhat randomly ;w; I always feel awful when I vote for some reason lmao I have bad judgements

308Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 21 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:04 am

high seraph

high seraph

Umm I havent backread everything yet, but I did see that Kiyo voted for me.

I also don't have anything to contribute atm in terms of information I could have received from my role power because hmm... I haven't managed to make my action work yet lmao. I don't want to give away too much, but this is a tricky role that Five borrowed from someone else ;w;...

Umm I should also say that I won't be around a lot today because I have two tests in the afternoon and I'll be spending the night at my friend's house because tomorrow is Valentine's Day and I really shouldn't be alone bc I might do stupid things that I will regret lmao.

309Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 21 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:46 am

Vanilla Ace

Vanilla Ace

RIGHT SO

The past phases has mostly been re:Tiki and his 'thing' and I feel like that's been beaten to death. Whatever it is, if I understood correctly, basically, things could go south quickly if we mislynch and Tiki gets to do his thing. Not...something I'm exactly thrilled about, but the information, anti-town or not, was from Tiki himself, which, I think, if he was maf, he would've just kept shush about. Anyway, I'll just carry on now.

The other point being roofie pizza. I'm gonna chime in on the "probably a neutral thing" chorus. If the person receiving it is informed that they will be stunned out of their actions beforehand, it doesn't sound like the kind of stun a regular town/maf stunner would have. Unless it actually is town/maf stunner thing disguised to look like a neutral power, but idek if those exist.

Uhh, yeahh, I think that's all I can say for now. As for my own role, it's a thing I'm kind of wary of using and I probably won't be doing for a while until the situation calls for it. It's been some time since I've last gotten something like this so I'll try my best to be useful!

As for the people I'm not willing to vote for this phase, there's Tiki for reasons I have already mentioned. I guess I'm also not willing to vote for Kiyoko or nautilus unless some new information emerges. Both have been actively speculating in thread. Also, there was the whole "I did a thing on you" exchange last night phase?? and nautilus seemed convinced that Kiyoko is town and i want to trust their judgment okay

@Vowels;
Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 21 Band1498

Also, I just remembered that I also got the first vote last phase sobs

oh yeah and a tentative vote: no lynch because I missed voting last phase orz I'll be around to change it before rollover though. Just leaving this here in case anything happens

310Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 21 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:32 am

nautilus

nautilus

Good morning everyone hello. I have woken up and am ready to vote. Like I said before, I feel like pizza is probably neutral because imagine if you were town pizza and mafia could just say "NO..." to your stuns and vice versa. Plus the fact that the pizza appears to confer no benefits to its sender and is in essence a stunner but not as reliable...

Also, another note which is kind of unrelated:
angelstar wrote:i also wonder if the two third parties will try and counterclaim each other for the non-malicious one (or maybe even mafia trying to cc them too???), since if your win condition is something like having x people let you stun them, then it might not happen until you come forward and beg people for it as people are pretty nice towards neutrals usually. so it's interesting to see how this will play out....

I'm wondering about this too, actually... If pizza stunner needs to stun a couple people to get their win condition, then the easiest thing for them to do is to be forward and seek out people to act upon, and normally neutrals tend to claim if they're the only neutral alive in the game.

I... feel like the neutrals wouldn't claim outright without being prompted, though. Given that one of them is slightly detrimental to both parties (malicious neutral counts towards mafia's ratio of people they need to murder, and town cannot win without removing them) and the other is slightly detrimental (regular neutral counts towards mafia's ratio of people they need to murder), they might just avoid claiming to make themselves the target of either side (though fwiw given the position the neutrals are in this game I feel like they wouldn't be made priorities to be taken out by either side).

In addition, there have been times when there's two neutrals in a game they have win conditions that influence each other, and they may be hesitant to claim neutral if one of their win conditions is literally find the other neutral. I... am kind of curious about what the other neutral may do when one of the neutrals becomes known in-thread, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. Either way, I don't really view the neutrals as a priority in this game at the moment unless it comes to light that one of them has an extremely anti-town ability or something (and at least the pizza one seems largely benign?)

Anyways, actual gameplay. As I reiterated before, I'm unwilling to vote for Kiyoko, Luxaria, plotstickers, Tiki for now, and I feel like given the arguments on chi and my own revised thoughts, tentatively chi. This leaves:

the list wrote:♪ Cure
♪ Jason Derulo
♪ Ace
♪ ezzelin
♪ She-Ra
♪ Aeiou
♪ Rasei
♪ high seraph
♪ angelstar

Of this list, I'm gonna vote: She-Ra, not because I have any beef or anything but because I'd like to hear more from them in general! So far their posts have been a lot of asking questions, being uneasy about Tiki, and providing a summary of Tiki's extremely convoluted role (suspicions, thoughts, opinions, what's ur favourite pizza flavour)

I know she said she was going to be afk last night though, but. :O I'm also aware she's still pretty new at this, but I'd still like to hear from her.

311Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 21 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:45 am

She-Ra

She-Ra

Hey okay I am awake.

First: OH NO HAYLEY :(
Second: I INTRODUCED YOU TO THAT BAND

So a lot of people have been talking and I'm just gonna go ahead and drop some quotes from people who already said what I've been thinking, I guess.

Nautilus! At The Disco wrote:
re: jail on Tiki - I can see a few options here:

1. Mafia jailed Tiki so he wouldn't be able to do his thing given he seemed to be hamming it up as some sort of good thing here and to further delay his ability to prove himself

2. Town jailed Tiki because they didn't trust his claims from the previous phase, or town jailed Tiki a la Raie jailing me in CCS mafia as a way of protection, but given the fact that Tiki outright claimed jailing would interfere with his thing, I feel like town would not jail him if they believed him enough to want to protect him

Given the amount of people in-thread willing to put their faith in Tiki, I feel like the former (mafia jailing Tiki) is more likely than the latter.

yeah. I feel like this is the dominant attitude? But anyway I agree, we spent a lot of time deciding collectively to give Tiki a chance so jailing him seems Not Town to me.

The Cure wrote:

I'll continue not to contribute anything of value, because I have nothing to contribute. If you vote me out it's a waste of the day phase and a hit to the ratio.  I'm honestly not really paying attention, so you don't really lose anything other than another mislynch. My ability is not particularly helpful on its own.

The Cure wrote:I'm not being passive aggressive? I'm just straight up saying I have nothing to say because I'm not paying attention. I really don't care if you vote me.

You won't get any information from lynching me other than a loss to the ratio. I'm not really trying to dissuade you from voting me if you think my lack of contribution is worth lynching me. ya know.

...kay? I uh. I don't find this suspicious exactly, but I wish there was more to go on from Cure. But I mean if you got nothing to say you got nothing to say, I guess?

Arctic Monkiyoko wrote:I don't know why people are throwing shade on the cryptic posts in-thread. I thought it a pretty reasonable general assumption that whenever anyone speaks cryptically in thread, it's because at least one of the members in that conversation is town and they're trying to communicate without mafia catching on to what they're saying. Because two mafia have zero reason to act like that with each other in thread when they can just communicate offline.

Which is also why I am not particularly interested in pushing people to explain any cryptic remarks beyond what they are comfortable sharing at this point.

Yeah, actually I was thinking along these lines too. I know I was like "waah why is it cryptic" last night but that was mostly because I'm new and there was a lot going on that I assumed was either forum slang I don't yet know or inside jokes I am outside of. Tbh even if it confuses me I think people trying to cryptically get things across in thread is almost a good sign because aren't maf allowed to communicate privately?? so they wouldn't have to do that. Or they could be trying to throw us off???? Ahhhhhhh!

srsly tho, I'm glad we cleared the pizza thing up. It's still super weird though. And as others have said seems like a neutral thing most likely?

so, okay.

for now I'm going to vote: The Cure because vibes, mostly. but that could probably change once there's more discussion up in here.

EDIT: Oh shit! Ninja'd by someone who wants to hear from me! Yeah I'm mostly still trying to figure out these games so I don't know what would be helpful to say - but sure, just ask me whatever you would like to know?

Last edited by She-Ra-Ra-Riot on Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total

312Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 21 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:01 am

nautilus

nautilus

Actually, that post contained a lot of what I wanted to hear: yesterday a lot of your posts were along the lines of asking questions to other players and not a lot of independent spec, but this latest post contains a nice bit of meaty discussion :')

She-Ra wrote:Tbh even if it confuses me I think people trying to cryptically get things across in thread is almost a good sign because aren't maf allowed to communicate privately?? so they wouldn't have to do that. Or they could be trying to throw us off???? Ahhhhhhh!

I can't really speak to other cryptic things that were mentioned last night, but I feel like explicitly mentioning a cryptic thing in-thread between two people is not something mafia would fake or do to throw people off, since mafia is able to communicate privately outside of thread... If two mafia were to fake or do some sort of cryptic communication with each other I feel like that'd draw unnecessary attention to both of them so I think it unlikely mafia'd do something like this to throw people off, though y'know wine in front of me etc.,

re: Tiki - Tiki uses he/him pronouns! And on that subject, belated reply to Lux, though not really a reply of note but just a random comment about Tiki:

I did briefly consider the whole maf!Tiki jailed by mafia angle since it'd be a convenient way to delay his ability to prove himself if this was all some kind of weird, elaborate lie, but considering how upset he was about being jailed I feel like that'd be unlikely if only because I don't think he'd agree to something like that, imo

313Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 21 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:54 am

high seraph

high seraph

I hav no idea what to expect of this test, but its starting in 5 minutes

wish me luck........... :-(

314Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 21 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:24 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

Short, half-asleep post:

Nautilus! At The Disco wrote:I did briefly consider the whole maf!Tiki jailed by mafia angle since it'd be a convenient way to delay his ability to prove himself if this was all some kind of weird, elaborate lie, but considering how upset he was about being jailed I feel like that'd be unlikely if only because I don't think he'd agree to something like that, imo

Yeah, that's roughly my conclusion. It's not a thing I can see Tiki typically agreeing to do. Doesn't make it impossible, but highly improbable.

Regarding some comments on the nature of people being cryptic, I always wonder what level of masquerade mafia dares to put on by doing a "look at me being hush, hush pro-town" versus "let's not draw unnecessary attention to ourselves". I suppose rather than outright maf-to-maf in thread, I could see maf trying to be cryptic towards town if they can pull it off well. Regardless, someone withholding information and reading between the lines doesn't concern me most of the time, unless context and other anti-town actions warrant it.

That feels like a tangent. I'm tired. Will comment on pizza/neutrals, votes, reads, life later.

GOOD LUCK LUCAS.

315Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] - Page 21 Empty Re: Symphonic Mafia: A UPick [n0-n4] Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:28 am

She-Ra

She-Ra

Nautilus! At The Disco wrote:
I can't really speak to other cryptic things that were mentioned last night, but I feel like explicitly mentioning a cryptic thing in-thread between two people is not something mafia would fake or do to throw people off, since mafia is able to communicate privately outside of thread... If two mafia were to fake or do some sort of cryptic communication with each other I feel like that'd draw unnecessary attention to both of them so I think it unlikely mafia'd do something like this to throw people off, though y'know wine in front of me etc.,

re: Tiki - Tiki uses he/him pronouns!

Ahhh soz Tiki!! I am still getting people mixed up in my head I think. I'll edit my posts ^^;

Also, yeah, it seems like it would be a pretty convoluted scheme which leads me to not really suspect maf.

people who are up in the air for me rn would be: lucas, cure, rasei, ace, & ezzlin if only because a lot of them haven't seemed to say much but I'm rereading things right now and there's still a long day ahead, so.

umm, not inclined to vote nautilus, tiki or lux, and from what I can gather re-reading and looking at other people's specs I think I'd extend that to not wanting to vote kiyo or plot, either.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 62]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 41 ... 62  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum