Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]}

+10
Rasei
Luxaria
Cure
Mr. Gerbear
high seraph
Mr. Alice
Tiki The Troll
alcasync
Ninfia
Kiyoko
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 23 of 25]

high seraph

high seraph

oh my god why y is there another vote on me why do ppl hate me the gossip

Luxaria

Luxaria

Tiny's a valid vote, anyway, since she's playing (Game Post).

Mr. Gerbear vs Lucas
Lucas vs Kiyoko
Tiki vs Lucas
Ninfia vs Tinylightsflash

Lucas II
Kiyoko I
Tinylightsflash I

high seraph

high seraph

how is it possible that 50% of the players dont even know theyre actually playing

Five

Five

Vote: Luxaria

Join me in my vote, it's the only way.

Luxaria

Luxaria

who knows.

Also I'm busy so the game ends prematurely by 5 minutes srry guys.

Lucas was lynched.

HE WAS MAFIA. YAY.

You all still die, though. srry.

high seraph

high seraph

i should have expected that everyone would have been mafia tbh >:(

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]} - Page 23 LHLzmrZ

Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]} - Page 23 Kd6FCHO
JUSTICE IS SERVED
Monday, September 22, 1924

SEP 22 -- One arrest made in a bust on a speakeasy located in a basement under the hotel on 3rd and 16th. Police have apprehended a woman of unknown identity. The woman has given her name as L******, however, clientele of the speakeasy referred to her as “the Barmaid.” Not much is currently known about L******.

The speakeasy itself seems to hold ties to a recently uncovered alcohol distribution ring led by former railroad proprietor, F***. This was the last known operating speakeasy with connections to this ring.

The police would like to thank the community for the tips and witness reports that led to the capture of this group.

Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]} - Page 23 Ik2j23b

LUXARIA HAS BEEN APPREHENDED. SHE WAS THE WAITRESS. SHE WAS MAFIA.

TOWN WIN

Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]} - Page 23 I0e6nVG

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Role PMs:

Thank you all for playing, guys! This was all in all kind of an experimental game, and it was originally designed three years ago so I can’t really speak to how it was originally balanced. The game was intended to have an overarching narrative with role information tying into the rollover flavor rather than directly connecting to one another, but I feel like I didn’t have as much room as I’d expected to develop that narrative.

Regarding roles, a lot of the town roles were intended to double up on each other in some way. The Commissioner was intended to be the obvious cop, who received a passive result tying one physical trait to mafia. The Archivist and Professor were weaker versions of the role who could tie roles to alignments, albeit with really vague flavor. The Photographer by itself was designed as a weak role because it could directly tie players to the descriptions uncovered by the Commissioner, and the Journalist and Gossip complemented the Archivist/Professor respectively, by tying players to roles (also in a vague way).

The mafia were designed to be able to use town roles against themselves. The Railroad Baron started out as a weak role, but as town claimed their roles, the Railroad Baron became a more traditional stun. The Waitress was intended to counterbalance town claiming their abilities/results; the more powerful the town ability, the more disruptive the Waitress would have been (for example, the Waitress makes the Archivist and Professor receive the opposite alignment for their results, and would have given the Commissioner a suspicious persons report about a specific town rather than a specific mafia, however it’s less powerful on the Photographer who only gets physical descriptions and nothing else.) The Entrepreneur was designed so that any potentially suspicious qualities investigated couldn’t stick, and had a difficult-to-achieve miller bonus.

I got a few requests to revamp this game for a future iteration (so that certain people can get a chance to play) and I may do this. All town roles were designed to directly tie a player to alignment in two jumps of information (e.g. player -> appearance -> alignment), but given the fact that everyone has a unique role, this information dissemination is made moot by mass-claiming. I think in a future iteration I may nix the direct information chain and go with a more vague detective novel-y “discover the motive” approach where types of information aren’t as fixed. I’m open to any other feedback anyone might have.

All in all, I hope you enjoyed my “ahhhh wtf am i doing” flavor and thick-necked GW2 portraits. Thanks again for playing!

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

yehaw friends we did it

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

Wow!! Congrats, town! That was really fast like damn

Cure

Cure

Me, N0 wrote:im putting all my money on lucas having rolled a female character so i'm gonna go on a date with lucas okay thanks

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

I want to say, this is my favorite thing I've written for this game. Gerry investigating alca on N0

Transcript of interview, as expanded from shorthand notes wrote:Q: HELLO. I AM RUNNING A CANDID ARTICLE ON THE RESIDENTS OF NEW YORK CITY. WOULD YOU HAPPEN TO--
A: (HEAVY FRENCH ACCENT) GO AWAY. I AM VERY BUSY.
Q: OH, IS THAT ACCENT FRENCH? HOW DELIGHTFUL. ARE YOU FROM FRANCE?
A: (SARCASTIC) NON, I PICKED UP A FRENCH ACCENT IN ZE ORIENT. (EXASPERATED) MAIS OUI, OF COURSE I AM FROM FRANCE. NOW IF YOU WOULD MOVE ASIDE--
Q: AND WHEN DID YOU MOVE HERE TO NEW YORK CITY?
A: ZAT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.
Q: THAT’S A LOT OF EQUIPMENT. WHAT’S IT FOR?
A: ZAT IS ALSO NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS-- (NOTICING THE NOTEPAD) ARE YOU WRITING ZIS DOWN? STOP ZAT IMMEDIATELY.
Q: COME ON, JUST A FEW WORDS FOR THE ARTICLE, AND THEN I’LL LEAVE YOU BE. TELL ME A BIT ABOUT YOURSELF.
A: (GRUMBLING) BIEN. I WAS BORN IN PARIS AND I CAME TO AMERICA TO, HOW YOU SAY, SEEK INSPIRATION. I AM FINDING NOW ZAT ZIS IS A MISTAKE. ZERE IS NO INSPIRATION HERE, JUST NOSY STRANGERS LIKE YOURSELF. NOW. AU REVOIR.
Q: HOW CHARMING (NOTE: SARCASM). AND HOW ARE YOU LIKING NEW YORK?
A: (WALKING AWAY)
Q: (YELLING AFTER) THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME. (UNDER BREATH) UGH, I CAN’T STAND THE FRENCH. (NOTE: STRIKE THAT LAST PART FROM THE TRANSCRIPT)

drandahl

drandahl

Well done everyone! That went by so quickly.

Big thanks to host! The flavor was a lot of fun this game. Shame we couldn't have more.

This game was the bee's knees.

EDIT: Snaked by a very noir french transcript.

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

mr. gerbear and lux are hella hot omg

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

FRENCH ALCA WAS SO RUDE TO ME. If alca hadn't voted for Rasei I would've thought she was mafia lmao

Thank you so much for hosting the game Kiyoko! I wanna play this one again

Mr. Alice wrote:mr. gerbear and lux are hella hot omg

*eyebrow waggle*

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum