Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]}

+10
Rasei
Luxaria
Cure
Mr. Gerbear
high seraph
Mr. Alice
Tiki The Troll
alcasync
Ninfia
Kiyoko
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 25]

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

hm, okay. so I had thought that lucas was the commissioner. I had gotten some info regarding him which was revealed in rollover but I had thought was related to the stuns on lucas, which made me go hm, lucas was stunned, commissioner had an injury that had him off the job. Silly me for thinking it was that simple.

Kiyoko wrote:
Due to an injury sustained in the field, his duties shifted in his later career towards the more organizational side of law enforcement work. Even so, Commissioner T**** remained committed to cleaning up the streets of New York City, in person if need be, even to the very end.

I think the commissioner may have had a delayed role of some sort? the information I got talked about his time as an officer and how he got promoted pretty recently-- he was injured in april and only returned in late july. So, maybe he was still settling into his role as commissioner and would have gotten and clean investigate after x amount of time?

also, the street rat may be a tailor, or I may have been hit with some mafia obscurement.

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

the more I think about it, the more likely it is that I think I was hit by some obscurement tbh, just based on the flavour of it.

/rubs chin

183Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]} - Page 13 Empty Re: Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]} Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:05 am

alcasync

alcasync

My thoughts were that Tiki could clearly tie physical appearance to alignment ("someone with my hair color is mafia") and that seems scary enough for the mafia to want to kill him.

I think we're not reading deeply enough into the flavor! Tiki apparently thought his character's heritage was important enough to appear in rollover, though it wasn't.

Cure is described as an Italian immigrant, Rasei is mentioned as coming to New York from San Francisco, but Tiki isn't mentioned as being from anywhere (though Mr. Gerbear confirmed he seems to have been born in the United States). I think if the Commissioner's family has been in New York for generations, it's possible that he's Dutch, Irish, Italian or German. I think of those four, Irish is the only one with a "stereotypical" hair color (red), unless someone wants to claim that the stereotypical hair color for Germans is blond. But since we don't know what color Rasei's hair was anyway, maybe it's not worth it to think too hard about this. ;v;

Also, Tiki was killed in the same way as Cure, though their bodies were disposed of differently. I feel like that's important.

drandahl wrote:My guess is that Tiki was killed because he was one of a few people who voted Rasei (and therefore might be more trustworthy). The other Rasei-voters were Alca and TLF. Tiki seems like a good candidate out of these three, either if mafia wants to throw scum on Alca by not killing her or if Alca is mafia.

drandahl wrote:TLF
--Last vote on Rasei, in the last eight minutes, making final tie vote with NL (great job, TLF!).

drandahl wrote:Alca
--Voted Rasei.. also has been giving a bit of role info and has been useful so far. I'd rather keep her around for now.

Emphasis mine!

I find this post very interesting. You acknowledge that I have played pro-town so far but you play down the fact that I FoSed Rasei throughout the phase and that it was my observation that led Tiki to change his vote in the first place. Also, you directly call attention to the fact that I could still be mafia and that "for now" you're not willing to vote me, however you do not do the same for TLF.

Maybe you're arguing that the last minute vote that made it possible to lynch Rasei is more valuable than the initial vote on Rasei, which is fair, but without my and Tiki's vote, Rasei wouldn't have been a potential lynch candidate in the first place. ;v;

@drandahl, Also to answer your earlier question, none of my information was able to prove or disprove anything you said in your post. I didn't get anything about hair color or ethnicity or scars or anything else you said.

I'm interested in hearing from Mr. Alice and drandahl because they're the only two (aside from Tiny) who have yet to share anything about their ability, and everyone else has claimed some sort of information-gathering aspect to their role so far. While I think it's very possible that mafia also has information-gathering as part of their roles, I suppose we can't know until everyone shares. ;v;

Also one thing I'm a little interested in, Mr. Gerbear, Ninfia, and Luxaria all seem to be able to get information about a character's history, though Mr. Gerbear seems to be more focused on ethnicity (Tiki is American) and Ninfia seems more focused on events (The Commissioner had a leg injury) and Luxaria might have birthplace information? But while Ninfia seems to get information about roles, both Luxaria and Mr. Gerbear get information about players.

Um, and I guess so that my point about Luxaria makes more sense! Despite my French accent, my character was actually born in Atlanta, Georgia, and pretends they were born in Paris to fit in with their professional community. Which is something that my character would definitely not voluntarily reveal to a stranger, but since Luxaria's character seems kind of like a female version of the Casanova it maybe makes sense.

Aaaahhh I just hit preview and I didn't mean for this post to be so long. S-sorry! /)n(\

184Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]} - Page 13 Empty Re: Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]} Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:47 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

Okay, finally got some actual sleep after being idol trash, but I'm starving and need to do a few things, so this'll be a bit on the short side. (Edit: Just once in my life, I want this statement to be true.)

To reply to Dylan, I can see your assessment of Tiki being the NK target over alca and Tiny, particularly because Tiki was fairly active and engaging the thread. I'd say the context and timing of his vote also make him a pretty clean kill. There's always a chance for WIFOM, but I'm going to view alca and Tiny as least priority and have no desire to vote on them unless something damning comes up. Especially so in alca's case since she was consistent in her pressure on Rasei iirc (I'd need to double-check) and she's verified my information on her. For Tiny, though I think her vote was more self-preservation (or maybe that was when it was on... Blaire? I'll check the vote log, since I'm suddenly forgetting), she was the clinching vote when she could've just done NL and I don't think anyone would've batted an eye considering how she had just been in a tied majority. So yeah, not looking their way.

Actually for that matter, alca starting and pressuring the vote on Rasei is interesting to me for what little information I have on her. It should be fairly obvious to follow, but I did target her N0 and learned something of her character that made me a bit unsure how to process it. I've tried to be vague because we still don't know how exactly mafia can utilize the information on each character, and the information I have is... let's say I wasn't sure if her character has an ulterior motive or disposition towards one alignment or the other.

Since she did lead the vote on Rasei, I felt a bit more comfortable being forward with her just to make sure my action didn't land on someone else since my results actually make no indication of the player's name. And she confirmed it, so. I don't know if I should go into detail just yet. I can probably wait for now since alca's pretty set as pro-town in my reads given D1, meaning it's probably benign. If she's fine with it, I'll share. It's probably not too terribly detrimental, but who knows how the mechanics of this game works.

Edit: And she posted as I was typing. Yeah, that's why I said Gerry's information wasn't wholly accurate, but I had no reason to suspect him solely because of that since from what I knew, he probably would not have known about alca's character's true origins and was instead being earnest with his results. And alca's character having somewhat of a deceptive past made me curious if it was her character trying to hide something negative, partly why I was actually hesitant to follow her vote.

As for last night, I think I might be able to deduce the role name of the person I targeted, and it'd be one of the roles I'd say at face value would lean more towards town, if we look past possible characterizations like what alcasync commented re: entrepreneur last phase. Regardless, I feel a bit more comfortable sharing some of this information since it's not presented like what I got for alca, but I'll omit the target for now and let them choose if they wish to claim it (assuming I got who I think I did...). Info was that there's a character coming from a war-torn family that's trying to support their mother and younger brother. That should be suitable for now.

Re: My character
To corroborate alca's information, my character is indeed female, and what's interesting to me is that my own character description makes no mention of her actual clothing (but it does mention her accessories). So I can't tell if whatever alca said was just embellishment or if she actually was told my character dresses immodestly or whichever. Thus, I replied with "roughly accurate" since my role PM indicates my character is well-endowed (jealous tbh) and flirty. I'm actually curious what alca was told considering what she commented on with regards to Tiki's flip and statements on D1. Which I'll get to next post because...

alcasync wrote:I think we're not reading deeply enough into the flavor! Tiki apparently thought his character's heritage was important enough to appear in rollover, though it wasn't.

I agree with this.

But now afk finally eating. I am so hungry.

This post is getting longer than a "short post", so I'll tie it off and get to some analysis after I've eaten and handled a few tasks.

185Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]} - Page 13 Empty Re: Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]} Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:32 am

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

Luxaria wrote: I'll omit the target for now and let them choose if they wish to claim it (assuming I got who I think I did...). Info was that there's a character coming from a war-torn family that's trying to support their mother and younger brother. That should be suitable for now.

das me

I figure we should be pretty open if information is correct because, well, it is reasonable to fact check and make sure that our targets are landing. so hey, look ma someone is talking about me.

edit: I also doubt that things like hair colour and eye colour will show up much in my own slivers of information, so unfortunately I can't contribute much there.

to be further clear about what I got last night, it was a bit about suits and looking snappy. so unless the street rat is someone who maybe shines shoes? and gets info like that?

186Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]} - Page 13 Empty Re: Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]} Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:43 am

alcasync

alcasync

Luxaria wrote:To corroborate alca's information, my character is indeed female, and what's interesting to me is that my own character description makes no mention of her actual clothing (but it does mention her accessories). So I can't tell if whatever alca said was just embellishment or if she actually was told my character dresses immodestly or whichever. Thus, I replied with "roughly accurate" since my role PM indicates my character is well-endowed (jealous tbh) and flirty. I'm actually curious what alca was told considering what she commented on with regards to Tiki's flip and statements on D1.

I didn't get any description about specific clothing, actually! The tone was just "That Luxaria has no modesty" and then a lot about how the gossip(?) would never have gotten a husband if she went around flashing her ankles like Luxaria does. I think the gossip(?) wants you to wear longer skirts. The flavor also didn't specify gender (it used "they" pronouns), but I felt like the description wouldn't make sense for a male character anyway.

On that note, I'm guessing high seraph is the gossip since no one mentioned getting a message on N0 when he was stunned, and because high seraph mentioned being married. ;v;

Regarding my backstory, I think my character was born a century too early to be the hipster they truly want to be. But I can understand why Luxaria may have been suspicious of me on D1 if she had information about my character pretending to be French. I promise you it is for entirely innocent reasons! Being French suits their profession much better than being Southern.

With all the roles that can look into backstory, I wonder if we're supposed to try to deduce alignment from them somehow, and find motives and stuff like a mystery novel? ;v;

187Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]} - Page 13 Empty Re: Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]} Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:28 pm

drandahl

drandahl

alcasync wrote:I find this post very interesting. You acknowledge that I have played pro-town so far but you play down the fact that I FoSed Rasei throughout the phase and that it was my observation that led Tiki to change his vote in the first place. Also, you directly call attention to the fact that I could still be mafia and that "for now" you're not willing to vote me, however you do not do the same for TLF.

Maybe you're arguing that the last minute vote that made it possible to lynch Rasei is more valuable than the initial vote on Rasei, which is fair, but without my and Tiki's vote, Rasei wouldn't have been a potential lynch candidate in the first place. ;v;

Yep, you FoSed her. You stuck to your claims that she was acting guarded/strange. Though, I still think the risk of a mafia lynch crept in at the last moment, so I think it's still plausible you were just stuck supporting a failed strategy.

I do think it's more likely you're town. I'm just holding both possibilities in my head, and not marking you as suspicious.

alcasync wrote:I'm interested in hearing from Mr. Alice and drandahl because they're the only two (aside from Tiny) who have yet to share anything about their ability, and everyone else has claimed some sort of information-gathering aspect to their role so far. While I think it's very possible that mafia also has information-gathering as part of their roles, I suppose we can't know until everyone shares. ;v;

True. I feel like I've been pretty open about my physical traits and ethnicity though, pretty early on. However it's not town-beneficial to reveal information about my role right now.

188Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]} - Page 13 Empty Re: Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]} Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:44 pm

alcasync

alcasync

I think I should make myself more clear! There are two mafia remaining. There are also only two players (not counting Tiny) who have yet to claim any investigative aspect to their roles. This is why I am pushing for more information.

It is entirely possible that all players, including mafia, have investigative abilities. It is also possible that some town might not have investigative abilities. Both you and Mr. Alice have been very cagey about sharing information. I hope you understand why I am looking for more from the both of you at the moment.

189Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]} - Page 13 Empty Re: Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]} Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:52 pm

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

THE FAKE PARIS THING MAKES A LOT OF SENSE.

Anyway I've been thinking about this since last night but like where's Five

Five's usually so much more helpful when town I think? Is Five busy irl?

I'm gonna Vote: Five

drandahl

drandahl

I understand your reasoning, though I do think owning investigative roles can be easy enough for mafia to fake (or, it doesn't seem unreasonable for mafia to hold investigative roles, as you suggest).

Still, I'm going to be pretty busy this phase, so here's more information: My role has some investigative abilities, but I cannot target players.

That is all I'm going to reveal this phase.

high seraph

high seraph

i will not confirm or deny any rumours abt my person >:( ! ! !!! !

@alca, here's your vote tally with timestamps
Spoiler:

Also I don't think anyone has said anything about the lack of stuns during the previous night phase? I... don't really want to use Rasei's comments leading up to her lynch as a basis for speculation, since they were made during the limbo period in between phases, but I think it's super weird that she'd say that Raie was the town stunner at that point. I don't think she'd say that deliberately to throw us off and it probably just slipped her mind; so I'm assuming there was some kind of mafia strategy between her saying "don't lynch me, I'll say who Cure was" and, well, her being lynched.

At any rate, rollover didn't have any stuns this time. Aligned with the flavor from N0 that said that Cure was having dinner with one proper lady (some nasty people are saying that it's me, but don't believe those rumours ok, it's probably just someone that looks a little like me), I think it's safe to say that Cure really was a town stunner. Where the second stun ran off to is a mystery tho... Going by the same logic I'm using for Cure, Tiki likely wasn't any of the two N0 stunners, otherwise his stun would be processed before he was killed. I have a feeling Tiki might have said something about his role in thread but I...... don't feel like going back to look lmao.

Regarding today's lynch, I'm still waiting to hear something from Five, even though I don't necessarily suspect her the most atm. Here are some of my thoughts on the players rn:

Ninfia - feeling neutral on hayley atm because, as much as she's been open with her information so far, she's basically only been confirming what other players (drandahl, Lux) divulge, which is a generally town-sided response, but also a easy strategy for mafia.

alcasync - I trust alca, the first to vote Rasei.

Mr. Alice - idk

high seraph - Whodunnit? {[ SEP 22, 1924 | TOWN WIN ]} - Page 13 40b892449834812a69a19c51586986a2

Mr. Gerbear - not really sure how I feel about Gerry yet, but I find that, for some reason, the info he has been divulging feels the most believable tbh.

Luxaria - get a longer skirt Lux, jfc this isnt 50 shades of grey.

drandahl - pretty neutral about dylan atm because he has been making strange and sometimes contradictory remarks, but that's... pretty much?? average dylan??? Regardless, he made a bold move by claiming several of his role's traits while unprovoked, which is interesting.

Tinylightsflash - her vote patterns last day phase were largely made in self-defense, but it did get Rasei lynched in the end. She also took a great risk with this vote, because it led to a tie between Rasei and NL, and if Rasei had flipped town, we'd be looking at Tiny in a completely different way rn. Besides, the way the two were acting in the thread during the last minutes of the phase is good evidence that they weren't communicating off-thread. I believe Tiny is town.

Five - made some intriguing comments earlier in the game, but hasn't really caught my attention besides that tbh.

I'm gonna go ahead and vote: Mr. Alice, because I'd like to hear her opinions on the recent events. I would ask her personally but after the scandal of Five's accusations that I was having an affair with The Curenova, I can't risk being seen with a man in public u__u"

Luxaria

Luxaria

I don't think I saw anyone else do this, so here we go, timestamped vote tally. Using EST since I'm too lazy to convert to our usual PST forum standard.
D1 Votes:

Also out of curiosity, I checked and so far Five and Lucas are the only ones not to post during this phase. Five's last post was her vote on Tiki right after Tiki voted for Rasei, who flipped mafia. Lucas' last post was his explanation for why he voted on Five. Everyone else has voted this phase, and mostly recently. Tiny posted earlier in the phase shortly about her character's bio, and given timezones it might be another hour or few before we hear more? Blaire hinted at sharing information when she woke up later, but that's it. Mostly everyone else has been active.

I'd definitely like to hear from those four above, particularly Five since it feels very unlike her to be this silent. I also think there's some information floating around regarding Lucas? that I want to check because of something that just occurred to me, but I'll get to it in a moment.

edit: jk Lucas just posted. Reading that and some recent things.

JK LUCAS JUST DID VOTE TIMESTAMPS. what is life.

high seraph

high seraph

u will never get a good husband if youre always late like this luxaria just saying

Tinylightsflash

Tinylightsflash

Awake and caught up! The reason I haven't revealed any investigative information is that I don't have an investigative role and am feeling super useless. All I can give you guys is my own flavour information and my obv very reliable and infallible opinions about other players.
I'm interested to see what five has to say on account of they were super aggressive in the other games I played. Lucas made some big helpful posts tho so I'm not too suspicious there.
Gonna vote: five just in case I don't get back on before rollover (I have principals observing my lessons today ._.)

Five

Five

I've been pretty busy the past few days (and sick on top of all that yesterday, which on top of it being a night phase and a quiet one at that should help explain my lack of posting.) But here, I have some thoughts.

First, the lack of stuns last night. It's looking pretty likely that either Rasei was the mafia stunner or Cure was the town stunner or both, but what we know about Rasei's role flavor doesn't seem to match up so easily with a stun? We know that she was basically a con artist and that she was found disguised as a woman when she was apprehended (that looks a bit weird to read but I am opting for OOC pronouns over IC ones), so it seems likely that she had a role at least partially based on disguising herself. I'm still not convinced, because it seems to me like the roles in this game are much more... oddball than that, that it's as clear and simple as there being one town stunner and one mafia stunner, though.

Second, the lack of anyone stepping up to swing the vote from Rasei to No Lynch, which was touched on by a number of people already but I wanna hear the sound of my own fingers on the keyboard and get my thoughts out there. The way I see it, there are at least three possible reasons for a mafia player to not change their vote to save their companion, plus another oddball scenario I can see as remotely possible but that isn't really worth considering. First, they may not have been here to change their vote at all, but there wasn't a whole lot of activity in the thread at the very end of the phase anyway. Second, they may have decided that changing their vote would likely implicate both them and Rasei, so they kept their vote where it was. Third, their vote could already have been on No Lynch, meaning they couldn't change it to something that would save Rasei even if they were present and willing to take the risk. There's also the possibility that Rasei was a miller; I don't think there's any reason to move forward under the assumption that that was the case. Rollover did mention her criminal activity specifically and she was found disguised as a woman which feels like the result of a mafia ability, especially because she didn't give us a heads-up about it or anything beforehand, but on the other hand there have been so many references to gangs and her criminality really doesn't seem to fit that particular profile.

Because the vote was a tie that ended in a mafia being lynched, I'm not inclined to vote for anyone whose vote was on Rasei last phase without a very strong reason, so that would be... Alca, lights, and Tiki (who I will definitely not be voting for on account of being a corpse). I am looking a bit more at the people who voted No Lynch, because as I mentioned it's possible someone kept their vote on No Lynch to give Rasei a fighting chance with the RNG. Aside from Rasei, that would be Ninfia and Gerry. I think for now I'm going to vote: Mr Gerbear because looking through his posts from d1 they kind of just look weird--he voted No Lynch with no reasoning given other than "before I forget", and then said he didn't know if no lynching was the best idea? He didn't give any other suggestions, either? It just doesn't sit right.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum