Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

distortion [D4-N6]

+18
Crypsis
She-Ra
high seraph
ezzelin
plotstickers
Tiki The Troll
Sammiya
Tinylightsflash
katze
chinomi
angel★
Mr. Gerbear
alcasync
T3tsuya
Five
Cure
Kiyoko
nautilus
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 28 ... 51  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 51]

76distortion [D4-N6] - Page 6 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:29 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Mitsu and I would prefer you paraphrase whenever possible, even if the messages are from other people, but if they're really short messages or you want to quote a short bit of it that's fine.

But yeah no posting any location stuff in-thread even if it's something someone else sent you.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

77distortion [D4-N6] - Page 6 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:12 am

plotstickers

plotstickers

Uhh, I have no way of explaining what makes me not mafia. I've literally acted twice this game and haven't sent any messages so far because I've been forgetting. The curfews are killing me, sob. I did receive a message last night, which I'm not sure what to make of.

I like to think that I'd post at least once per phase as mafia to avoid getting policy lynched (not that I've succeeded in the past), but idk if my record as a quiet player makes that believable... Anyway, all these deaths make me hesitant to accept my possibly getting mislynched.

I'm kind of sleepy ATM tbh so this post has little substance.

78distortion [D4-N6] - Page 6 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:56 am

ezzelin

ezzelin

Not sending messages because you don't trust anyone really rubs me the wrong way, as does forgetting to send in actions.

First of all, none of us instantly trusted anyone either - we began to trust others because they shared information with us through messages. You just have to risk it and try contacting someone, maybe if you have a good gut feeling about them, or because they claimed a location/locations that is of interest to you.

Oh and, the whole "I've shared all info I had and could with the thread" - that's why messaging is for? Because you can say more there, and even something as banal as directions from the place you're at can be useful to someone else.

Second, if you make an effort to post once per phase, send in your action and message when you do that. Granted, activity is not required, but if you want to do anything useful as town in this game, you have to explore and message.

The only ones who benefit from not messaging /spreading information are mafia. :/

79distortion [D4-N6] - Page 6 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:29 am

chinomi

chinomi

OK TY FOR THE MESSAGE CLARIFICATION.
Vote: Crypsis

look at this wonderful random vote.

i'm like... kind of in this state of confusion right now because i feel like i might know something which i can't elaborate on for various reasons but also thinking WOULD THE HOSTS REALLY DO THAT? I DON'T THINK THEY'D DO IT... BUT IT'D BE INTERESTING... squints at the hosts...

this is what happens when you bring ______ into a game, man.

80distortion [D4-N6] - Page 6 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:55 am

Tinylightsflash

Tinylightsflash

Chiming in on the messaging vs not messaging to add that I personally was hesitant to message anyone with useful info initially in case I inadvertently told a mafia player key info plus I initially had literally nothing to offer. I've yet to receive any messages other than a cursory "hi bro" from Hayley and all the info I have now is old news. Messaging people for me is pretty much a waste of time.

I don't quite understand why cure and tet greenlit sammiya to shoot dran, but I also had almost no basis for shooting Rasei (sorry Rasei) so I can't say much there.

81distortion [D4-N6] - Page 6 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:08 am

ezzelin

ezzelin

Even if you're hesitant to share much info through messages, you can share a little and gauge their reaction, and decide by that if you want to trust them with more or not. And even if they're mafia, you can arrange to get info back from them - yes, they might lie, but if they do it'll sooner or later be exposed, so they'd gain little by lying about areas, tbh.
Messaging is generally a good town tool because while it benefits mafia to message and share just enough information to appear town, it's also harder to lie and not be caught in messages compared to thread, imo. In thread you can slip under the radar, or chime in from time to time, but when messaging, all attention from the other person is on you.

82distortion [D4-N6] - Page 6 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:57 am

nautilus

nautilus

I had a clarification post on item claiming but then I was all UHHHH about whether or not what I was saying was making sense, so I'll pass that off to Kiyoko to clarify item claiming if she wants to, haha

re: what happens to items when you die -- ヾ(U○ᴥ○)U !!

I'll post a vote tally in my next post.

Last edited by nautilus on Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total

83distortion [D4-N6] - Page 6 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:12 am

nautilus

nautilus

VOTE TALLY

alcasync I
Mr. Gerbear II
plotstickers I
Crypsis I

distortion [D4-N6] - Page 6 ZT4k8rL

Mr. Gerbear vs alcasync
alcasync vs Mr. Gerbear
Tiki the Troll vs Mr. Gerbear
Cure vs plotstickers
chinomi vs Crypsis

84distortion [D4-N6] - Page 6 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:16 am

plotstickers

plotstickers

To be clear, my point was that I haven't even been posting once per phase. I've been too busy to post, much less act. Sorry, I'm still getting back into the work routine, which is a little more stressful this beginning of the school year because my grade level has changed!

I'm in an area Rasei referenced in a post, but I don't think she said anything about being there herself.

85distortion [D4-N6] - Page 6 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:50 am

high seraph

high seraph

holy shit is this another thread oh my god im so behind im sorry

86distortion [D4-N6] - Page 6 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:52 am

She-Ra

She-Ra

T3tsuya wrote:
For what it's worth. Color me interested. She-Ra never really fell off my radar. She's among one of a few people who have said very, very little since the beginning of this and I'm interested in why you think she's maf.

my guess: people (mainly cure) have been positing that my role is the mayor of this town, and the flavor on Rasei's kill kind of made it sound like she was killed for being the upandcoming mayoral candidate. That makes the current powers that be look bad, and some think that means me.

However, tiny has now claimed the kill on Rasei - her reasoning was just that she got overconfident and went with her gut but I have to look a little sideways at that because just from how things were going I can't see why Rasei would be a real suspect? I know there was talk of the four of us in the same room being interesting but it wasn't a lot to go on for a vig kill imo. For what it's worth, I've had no contact with tiny.

I'm thinking of voting tiny right now because the shot on Rasei makes me suspicious. I also wonder if there might be a corrupt cop role in this game. I think it's definitely been hinted that there's an actual monster killing people, but if Gerry's miller claim was real then he'd be right about there needing to be some authority figure who could have set him up. Other possibility - corrupt cop somehow knew who rasei was and didn't want a new mayoral candidate coming in and ending police corruption? It's been mentioned that the current mayor cut police funding, I feel like there may definitely be lack of oversight in our police force. Then again that could be too much motive for this game, I mean generally maf just wanna kill town not "cops wanna kill whistleblowers to maintain their corrupt system" but who knows this game is big.

edit: as for me not saying a lot - mostly it's cause I haven't done much. I've fucked up and not acted twice now (first day plus yesterday when my work computer didn't send my pm) and I haven't found much info. I've also been kind of busy but I'm in the process of looking into more things now so hopefully by tonight's night phase I'll have something more to offer.

87distortion [D4-N6] - Page 6 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:59 am

Crypsis

Crypsis

Hi! Hello! sorry I didn't post yesterday i was super busy and only just remembered to send in my message to alca-nee passing on Cure-senpai's message and movement and stuff! >w<

i see a vote for me and i've never had to defend myself before but! I've been sending all my movements and some information about items and stuff to alca-nee and Cure-senpai, and i was thinking of sending some information that Cure-senpai told me to someone else in thread who I think is town! I'm not gonna talk about the dangerous items just in case i make a bad choice in who to send the info to but the thing Cure-senpai told me about, I don't think it's very useful to mafia and it might help town a lot!

i also posted about the bloody child sock prints back when that happened. i haven't said anything else though because i went to the statue place and everyone already talked about that. Oh, except there are child footprints in a sandbox? i don't know if it's the same child as the bloody sock one though. the sand wasn't bloody anyway!! owo

I definitely 100% don't want to vote for alca-nee. if alca-nee were mafia then because of the items she told me she has, rollover would be even longer than it is! but since she didn't use any items and told me and Cure-senpai about the items she has, i think she's town! (i hope that's okay to say?) >w<)a

i also don't know if tinylightsflash is mafia because like, why would mafia say they killed someone if they killed a town? wouldn't they just try to stay quiet?

just from the people who already have votes for them the only people i would be comfortable voting from that list are Mr. Gerbear and plotstickers, but if people think we'll get more information from voting the mayor to check if there's a whole corrupt government subplot going on then i would be okay voting for the mayor too? That's She-Ra right?

oh and i haven't said much about my role but that's because my role is pretty normal like it doesn't even talk about jobs or anything i don't work in the government! i just want to buy a house!!!

okay i'm going to go shopping now (irl! not house shopping!!!) let me know if you have any more questions for me!

88distortion [D4-N6] - Page 6 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:12 am

She-Ra

She-Ra

tru re: tiy claiming. But one of those kills had to be maf right? And I think they have all been claimed? wait, have they?

eff let me go read.

89distortion [D4-N6] - Page 6 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:14 am

katze

katze

Oh I forgot that She-Ra was possibly mayor...Okay so that throws everything out of wack for me because while there could be a corrupt mayor thing going on, I haven't seen anything tha's led me to believe that's happening?

I also forgot to say where I was when the day phase started. I'm currently with the benches right now. I found the bloody shoes which are most likely male and they led to the C7E02 and there was an X at the end of it that apparently marked evidence? But all the evidence was gone.

RE the night kills: Two were vig shots and one was a maf kill as far as we're aware.

90distortion [D4-N6] - Page 6 Empty Re: distortion [D4-N6] Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:16 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Item clarification!

The only 100% solid rule is that you cannot tell people how to get items in thread.

Things that are okay

• I used a thing last night on Mitsu
  • I have an item that lets me protect things
  • I found a thing in the place that I'm at

Things that are not okay

• There's a Lady Gaga CD in lucas's basement, just break into his house and go down the stairs and you'll find it

If the flavor of the area makes it obvious what kind of item you might find there (e.g. a toaster in the IKEA kitchen area) you can describe the things in the area "where I am, there's a sink and a toaster and that stupid light that looks like a dandelion that no one in their right mind would ever install in their real house" but you can't say, specifically, that the toaster is an item that you can put in your inventory.

If you never talked about there being a toaster in room, you can say "I found a thing in the place with furniture and it might kill a player if you combine it with another item that involves lots of water" but it's one or the other. If you say "toaster in the furniture room" you can't say "it's an item" and if you say "item in the furniture room" you can't say "it's a toaster"

This caveat is kind of in place because finding the item is often woven in with the flavor and it's not always easy to report what you find while intentionally omitting parts of flavor, so you have the option of either reporting on a flavor in the are, or reporting on the presence of an item in the area (and you can hint generally at what you think the item does) but you can't do both.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 51]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 28 ... 51  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum