Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

distortion [THE END]

+21
drandahl
Rasei
katze
Kiyoko
She-Ra
Crypsis
Ardonye
chinomi
ezzelin
high seraph
angel★
Mr. Alice
T3tsuya
Tinylightsflash
alcasync
Ninfia
Tiki The Troll
Five
Mr. Gerbear
Cure
nautilus
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 35 ... 60  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 60]

151distortion [THE END] - Page 11 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:00 pm

nautilus

nautilus

distortion [THE END] - Page 11 0dZrth9

This one is different.

When the paramedics arrive, the individual is not only conscious, but bright-eyed. Sclera bordering blazing irises. They’re twirling a Browning around one finger by the trigger guard, in the way actors do in action movies, in the way nobody should do in real life. Blood weeps from an affluence of open wounds, there’s a rapidly blooming bruise beneath one eye, and they’re laughing, a delirious, primitive, victorious bark.

“I said I’d kill them. I said it, didn’t I?”

They fling an arm sideways, thrusting a finger into the darkness between street lamps. There’s a figure there. A congealing knot of fabric, metal, blood, and human flesh. Limbs askew, chest a ripple of charred viscera from half a dozen smoking holes. But the police uniform is unmistakeable.

The officers assume what anyone might assume, given the scene in front of them. They rush the bloodthirsty survivor to the hospital, and then arrest them.

By the time the lab results come in, the police have realized they’ve made a significant mistake.

The dead officer’s body is riddled with bullet wounds from .22 Long Rifle ammunition, the very cartridges belonging to the semi-automatic Buck Mark they’d confiscated from the suspect. The identity of the shooter is clear.

On the dead officer’s person, police uncovered a recommended issue Smith & Wesson folding knife, glimmering with blood. When the analysis comes in, it lists out four distinct matches for the blood samples on the blade. And all of a sudden, the identity of the serial killer is clear, as well.

“I want my gun back,” are the first words out of the shooter’s mouth, when the detective enters the hospital room. Out of uniform again, this time, because uniforms don’t have the best reputation at the moment.

“You can pick it up at the station when you’re recovered, provided you have a valid license for it,” the detective replies. And then, though there’s no way for him to enforce it, he adds, “and provided you cooperate.”

The shooter—and victim as well, the detective reminds himself—narrows their eyes, but does not argue. It’s as good a cue as any to continue.

The detective starts with the mother of all questions. “What happened?”

Reticence and dislike for authority battles with a desire to recount a saga of victory. The conflict plays out across the shooter’s features, and the detective watches patiently. The machines hum and beep in the background, a soundscape becoming all too familiar—though, admittedly, much preferable to the silence of the morgue.

Finally, in a rasp suitable for campfire tales, the shooter begins. “I was patrolling the streets at night, looking for the killers.” The detective considers an interjection about how this is a job not for civilians, but for the police. Given recent circumstances, however, he decides it best not to interrupt. “Now, I’m not doing anything illegal. No more curfew, so that’s fine. Open carry, but I don’t have my piece drawn. I turn the corner, and there’s this cop standing in the streetlight. I give them a nod. They walk up to me. And all of a sudden, I know something’s wrong.

“They’ve got a knife in one hand, and I see it flashing in the streetlight. So I reach for my piece, and as I’m doing so, the cop runs up and hits me hard in the side of the head with their police baton. I hear a sickening crack, and lights are flashing behind my eyes. Now, I’m operating on instinct. I draw my weapon and fire, and I shoot that fucker in the chest. They reel back, but they’re standing, even though I can see this big smoking bullet wound in their chest. And then they bring up the knife and I feel this pain in my gut, but I don’t have time to think, my blood is pumping pure adrenaline, firing every last round in the magazine. And finally, they drop to the ground dead, and I drop to the ground, alive. And that’s it. I killed the killer, just like I said I would.”

There’s a ferocious glint in the shooter’s eye, one of a predatory mammal. Fueled by the struggle and dominance of the hunt. The detective allows them to bask in their triumph.

“When we found you, someone had administered first aid—” the detective begins, but the shooter cuts him off.

“Oh, yeah. They did a decent job, but left as soon as they heard the sirens. After what happened, I don’t blame anyone for wanting to hide from the police.”

The detective takes a breath to begin his next question, but he’s interrupted once more.

“They had a message for you, though. Said they had something they wanted to tell you, but that it didn’t matter anymore, so they won’t be dropping by.”

“Hm,” replies the detective, because really, that answers that.

distortion [THE END] - Page 11 F33cN69

angelstar was stunned!

Ninfia was targeted for a kill, but it failed!

Mr. Alice was killed! They were mafia. A rising star at the ◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙ Police Department, Mr. Alice was one of the many officers responsible for investigating the recent string of killings. Mr. Alice was killed in a skirmish with a local resident, who asked not to be named in this publication. Mr. Alice was discovered posthumously to be carrying a folding knife covered in the blood of past victims, believed to be the assault weapon in recent attacks. Upon further investigation, the bruises of past survivors matched marks left by a standard issue police baton. Outraged citizens swarmed the ◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙ police station early this morning, demanding to know why the station was harboring a dangerous criminal. Detective Inspector ◙◙◙◙◙◙◙, who remains in charge of the serial killer case despite this incident, has declined to comment. (continued on page 6)

distortion [THE END] - Page 11 ZT4k8rL DAY EIGHT

Please vote for whom you would like to lynch. You have unlimited vote changes.

Phase ends at 7pm PST. PMs will be sent out at that time.

Rollover will be posted at 8pm PST.

Please PM all actions to nautilus.

?T : ?M

152distortion [THE END] - Page 11 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:01 pm

nautilus

nautilus

So some of you sent in your actions early and I could ground you, but I won't.

I will remind all of you that the limbo period between when phase ends and rollover up is a dead zone for actions though, and if you submit during then it won't count.

Last edited by nautilus on Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

153distortion [THE END] - Page 11 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:03 pm

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

THE KNIFE. I FUCKING TOLD Y'ALL IT WASN'T MINE. HUZZAH

154distortion [THE END] - Page 11 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:06 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Female cop with stabby tendencies. Hmm...

Edit: I actually wanna go back to where the lady cop told me to look out for a teen with a hoodie and Diet Coke. See if she's still there.

Last edited by Tiki The Troll on Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

155distortion [THE END] - Page 11 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:06 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

I said something bad might happen to you if you target me.

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

156distortion [THE END] - Page 11 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:07 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

I am so absolutely jazzed rn I can't even handle it.

157distortion [THE END] - Page 11 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:07 pm

alcasync

alcasync

Interesting. I'll admit that I didn't expect Mr. Alice to be mafia. I wonder if Sammiya was actually town, but framed?

I was the one who protected Ninfia last night. I sent her a message, and wanted to make sure she would get it. ;v; I have a lot of protection items, so I'm not particularly worried about using them.

158distortion [THE END] - Page 11 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:07 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

alca ur my hero. and thank you for your message! its very helpful <3

159distortion [THE END] - Page 11 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:09 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

A lot of the descriptions of stab murders and attempted murders also noted blunt force trauma. So, we know that was Blaire. The only thing that doesn't QUITE fit was that the weapon used to kill Eleni was, well, still in Eleni.

Edit: Wait, no, I misread it.

Rollover wrote:Blood can be seen on the countertop, the floor, and the cash register, the dollar bills inside stained a dark red. Upon inspection of the body, several wounds can be seen: whoever had attacked had stabbed the owner of the store right through the leg with a long knife after repeatedly stabbing them in the back, pinning them quite literally behind the wooden counter. In addition, sugar and glass in their hair and bleeding from the nose and mouth suggested a death through blunt-force trauma or head injury, if not multiple stab wounds. The guilty party had clearly wanted a brutal demise.

Last edited by Tiki The Troll on Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

160distortion [THE END] - Page 11 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:10 pm

Ardonye

Ardonye

Nice rollover.

Quick heads up I have two midterms this week (today and Wednesday) so idk how active I can be :(

http://ardonye.tumblr.com

161distortion [THE END] - Page 11 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:12 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Right now...I'm not inclined to think it's a coincidence that a female cop told me about the suspect in Eleni's death.

On a related note...not sure who to vote for now...but not Gerry anymore, heh.

162distortion [THE END] - Page 11 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:16 pm

alcasync

alcasync

Judging from the flavor and from Ninfia's comment, it sounds like Ninfia killed Mr. Alice, and that it was a kind of retaliation shot. If Sammiya was actually mafia, this makes me wonder if Sammiya was the one who shot Ninfia and was shot in return? I'm not sure how much sense that makes though because a 2x retaliation vig kill seems very powerful. I need to go reread the flavor!

One thing I found interesting was that Mr. Alice's knife apparently had four different peoples' blood on it. Ninfia is obviously one of those individuals, but I suppose it's not immediately obvious who the other three are. ;v;

Also my internet is acting up again, so I'm taking a break for now and I'll come back later!

163distortion [THE END] - Page 11 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:19 pm

Cure

Cure

alcasync wrote:Interesting. I'll admit that I didn't expect Mr. Alice to be mafia. I wonder if Sammiya was actually town, but framed?

Maybe? If there's a framer, they're working overtime. I'm wondering about something.

Ninfia did send me a message saying it wasn't a good idea for me to act on her? I wonder if she reflects any items used on her. Though, I'm not sure why it'd work with the NK.

Gerry sent me a message with an item attached, so I won't vote him today.

Vote: Tinylightsflash for now. I'm gonna think about some stuff and I'll be back with a more substantial post.

Last edited by Cure on Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

164distortion [THE END] - Page 11 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:21 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Yeah, considering the chat Ninfia and I had on roles, I guessed her passive triggered when she was acted upon. And yeah, that role is powerful...but then again, we have two millers, apparently. So, I can see the balancing act there.

As for this:
Alcasync wrote:One thing I found interesting was that Mr. Alice's knife apparently had four different peoples' blood on it. Ninfia is obviously one of those individuals, but I suppose it's not immediately obvious who the other three are. ;v; wrote

Easy. The victim by the bloody footprint, Eleni, and you...it all matches up.
Which I guess also means Tet, hilariously enough, wasn't who tried to kill you that night.

165distortion [THE END] - Page 11 Empty Re: distortion [THE END] Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:22 pm

Cure

Cure

:V If tet wasn't the one who tried to kill alca, tet might have been framed. because the primary evidence for the lynch on alca was that me and ezz saw him visit alca.

though that makes the whole thing with sammie really weird.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 60]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 35 ... 60  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum