Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win]

+11
drandahl
high seraph
Ninfia
Tiki The Troll
Aeiou
Pan
Kiyoko
katagi
Luxaria
Mr. Gerbear
Five
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 23 of 42]

331www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] - Page 23 Empty Re: www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:47 am

Cure

Cure

i honestly thinking shooting someone just to try out your ability in such a small game is a... bad... idea...

I didn't stun Katagi. The reason I said the stun on Lux was probably mafia-originating was entirely logical deduction. I not only did not act on N0, I had no action to act with on N0.

Now that that's out of the way, I don't necessarily think Blaire is town or mafia based on her responses. Pretty much everything she's saying can be chalked up to "it's Blaire, guys", and is not a reflection of alignment. However, I kind of don't want her shooting more people, and I'm also incredibly baffled that she shot Rasei for no reason (even if Rasei did end up being NKed???).

Edit: Also, I'm not saying Kiyo was stunned by mafia, just that I know the stun on Tiki is town-originating. It would be a logical assumption that she was stunned by mafia, but I never said that. Especially since I know that the town stun on N0 is not the same person as the town stun on N1.

332www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] - Page 23 Empty Re: www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:02 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

hello, i woke up with one hodor of a headache and i'm not feeling great at all and don't expect me around much til it clears up because i can't really spec in this state but fwiw my list is more or less exactly the same as vowels'.

if we're going with the theory that rasei was both nk and vig kill then blaire is town imo unless some really hodoring weird shenanigans are going on

won't vote:
katagi (although the "If there are neutral players, town might need to kill some of them too! All of this will be listed in the ratio! " from frontpage has me kind of "hmm" but I guess there's no reason why we can't let tagi get her win and then kill her after if all the mafia are dead and the game isn't over yet???)

not inclined to vote:
lucas because doctor
everyone who was stunned during a night with a NK (lux, tiki, me + tagi and lucas)

????:
blaire (i think blaire is town at this rate fwiw but a yolo vig shot could easily lose us the game. i don't think it'd be a good idea to lynch blaire but like... blaire pls stop shooting people unless we all agree it might be a good idea to shoot people? tl;dr i think blaire is probably both town and a liability given her wildcard personality sorry bbear but you know it's true)

everyone else:
pan
vowels
sammie (gave a thing to lucas?)
cure (maybe stunned someone on n1 but possibly not n0?)

in the interest of full disclosure i think i have an idea what my role is generally. still don't exactly know what i did on n0 but will keep you guys updated. i've tried to act both n0 and n1 but I don't think I did anything on N0 besides apparently send rasei a message (which i have ideas about, assuming rasei tried to target me or was redirected onto me or something) and was blocked on n1.

kinda leaning towards a pan or vowels vote atm but i can wait til pan posts before voting. don't want to make it pan vs. vowels this early by voting vowels, and don't want to pile on the pan votes before pan even gets a chance to talk

k i'mma take some advil and hodor off for now

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

333www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] - Page 23 Empty Re: www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:03 am

Cure

Cure

Was going to edit this into my post, but I'll leave it here since kiyo just posted.

I'm probably going to vote from this list today:

Vowels, Pan, Blaire, Lux, Sammie

Since there still seems to be some confusion. I did not stun anyone n0. I stunned Tiki last night. I was not even aware I had a stun until last night. I will not have a stun N2, so none of the stuns will come from me. Take that as you will, I will say no more about it.

Last edited by Cure on Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total

334www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] - Page 23 Empty Re: www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:05 am

high seraph

high seraph

Luxaria wrote:Also @ Lucas.
Do you think you were NK'd? What are you willing to share? Like don't be dangerously open about it, but uh. It's straight-forward you're saying?

Prior to seeing Five's clarification that multiple kills on a player = multiple rollover messages, I would have no way of answering this for sure. I only had a vague impression that the jail on me was meant more as a protect rather than as a stun, but it really could go either way. But given the clarification, I think it's entirely possible that Rasei was both the NK and Blaire's... whatever she did.

In regards to being open, I was originally willing to say what my site was, but then I checked the rules again and realized that that wasn't allowed ha haha. But yes, my role is very straightforwardly a doctor with a minor aspect that is basically there for flavor, I guess? I agree with Aeiou that it's best to be open if I'm likely to die sometime soon, but after reviewing the situation I feel confident I can live through at least one more night phase. So I'd prefer to still keep things somewhat vague for now.

Aeiou wrote:Lucas is Sammie's gift town leaning? IS IT A GUN??? Is there anythign you guys can safely reveal about that??

I can't read Sammie's gift as anything other than town tbh. I don't mind if Sammie wants to reveal what the item's function is, but tbh I feel like it's pretty sensitive information that could be detrimental to how mafia would behave if they had access to it. So if I pass this item along to [you], I personally feel it's best to not be so loud about it so that mafia won't know where the item is atm. But, y'know, [you] are free to do whatever you want.

Disclaimer: I'm not sure whether I'll use, pass or keep the item yet. ;-)

Moving away from the "things that concern high seraph" now.

If Rasei was the NK as well as Blaire's target, does that clear Blaire as town? I mean, assuming she's telling the truth, it'd be pretty odd for maf!vig!Blaire to target Rasei if the mafia were already using their NK on her, right? I guess we can't be 100% that Rasei was also the NK because of unseen shenanigans, but right now my feelings on Blaire could be summarized as "hmmmmm". Her role does sound dangerous to town and she has been pretty reckless with it so far, but idk man.

There's also the multiple roleblockers I've mentioned before, and that Kiyo elaborated on, but honestly it's kind of giving me a headache. I'm not sure writing off the players who have been stunned is a good idea, because the idea that there might be one-shot roleblocks is seeming very real to me. :-/

As far as the lynch is concerned, I'm not going to vote Sammie (at all) or Blaire (unless something major comes up). I've got mixed feelings about Kiyoko and Luxaria (but that's nothing new), and everyone else is pretty much in a "???" basket. And then there's katagi just chillin' alone in the neutral corner. For now, I'm going to make a vote: Tiki the Troll just for the sake of throwing in a vote. I don't think I know a lot about Tiki at this point. Hello Tiki. What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?

335www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] - Page 23 Empty Re: www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:12 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

high seraph wrote:There's also the multiple roleblockers I've mentioned before, and that Kiyo elaborated on, but honestly it's kind of giving me a headache. I'm not sure writing off the players who have been stunned is a good idea, because the idea that there might be one-shot roleblocks is seeming very real to me. :-/

fwiw my reasoning is "we know these people didn't send the NK on those nights." I know it's not solid because just because someone was stunned doesn't make them mafia and let's be real just because someone was stunned one night and the nk went through doesn't mean they didn't send the nk on the other night.

but honestly we have to start somewhere in terms of narrowing down vote candidates and "stunned on a night with a nk" seems as good as any a place to start to me. if both blaire and lucas are town (which i'm currently inclined to believe) then we won't really get anything from yesterday's vote logs either so

okay and tha is for real my last post for a while i'm going back to bed hodor hodor

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

336www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] - Page 23 Empty Re: www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:33 am

Aeiou

Aeiou

I'm going to bed too! Don't kill me before I get a chance to do anything ;0;

337www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] - Page 23 Empty Re: www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:48 am

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Hmm...I'd say rocky road, Lucas.

Also, in the spirit of openness, i will say that I know how to activate my role, and that using it has a chance of making me lose it, but I don't know:

1. The cue for when I should activate it, to make it actually do anything.
  2. What it actually does.

My best guess is that it's a counter to keep something "bad" from happening, or maybe even to reverse something bad.

Five likes her roles that makes the player who owns them have to spec on the implications and what they actually do.

338www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] - Page 23 Empty Re: www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:43 am

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

yall i literally already said that i wasnt gonna be killin nobody no more p l z  r e a d

339www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] - Page 23 Empty Re: www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:47 am

Sammiya

Sammiya
Admin

The thing I gave Lucas acts like a hiding role would, as far as I gathered from the description. I don't know how the roll-over description would go/how it would be described.

I have five items left I can make. Three of the items gives a boost to a player, allowing them an additional use of their role ability. The last two are lasers.

I can only send out one item per night phase, and didn't send anything out N0. I sent Lucas the item that I did because I felt like it'd be the most useful to him that night, although it was a close mental debate on giving him the role boosters instead. (I also had thought about giving Katagi one of the role boosters, but decided Lucas would be better due to his earlier claim.)

I'm reluctant to describe things further since I don't know how revealing it would be/if it'd make it possible to figure out my website, my apologies.

https://crywolf.rpg-board.net

340www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] - Page 23 Empty Re: www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:23 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

tired as hell, but the people I wanted to reply did, so:

Given Five's clarification, it seems most likely the NK and Blaire's killing effect were both on Rasei. Further, if she's telling the truth then Blaire's role seems to be built to make it hard to claim, so it seems the intent is she has to try and earn our trust on a leap of faith. That or she is, in fact, mafia. For her to be mafia would mean mafia was willing to throw out a miller claim, use a vigilante shot on a NK target (unless redirection happened, but no one has hinted at this?), and conjure up this weird set of rules for Blaire.

That ploy is... possible. If it happened, it'd mean certain people would most likely have to be mafia. For the most part I think given the description insofar, deductions, and comparison to other roles being weird, she is more likely a weird town with an anti-town role that has restrictions. I can buy that, and I can buy that more if she did double-up kills on Rasei. The main question I'd have is: Is it plausible for Blaire to, on her own volition, send a killing effect in on Rasei independent of a third-party? She explained her reasoning. She's Blaire, so she can be, as Kiyo put it, a wildcard. I'm still mulling that over.

So re: complicated or obscure roles, since it seems quite a number of you have them, I'll say mine tells me exactly what it does, and it does so fairly simply.

@ Lucas
If what you have from Sammiya is genuine, that makes sense to hold off for a while longer. But thanks for the reply so far. Your role reads similar to mine in description, though tbh the flavor in mine was not what I expected, but I'll take it.

Re: Sammiya's role
Said I'd comment, but at this point and after she's described it, it kind of depends on more items, I guess?, being given out and seeing if anything is funky. I don't know if calling them items is accurate since they don't show in rollover, but I guess invisible items are a thing, so. Either way, it does feel typical for Sammiya to share what her role does, and it makes sense for her to give pseudo-protection to a doctor claim. Waiting game on that front, I guess.

I'm hungry, so thoughts on possible votes before I come back later and re-read some posts:

Not looking at katagi for obvious reasons. Blaire feels... like a town with a weird role, but I'm not erasing the possibility of mafia just yet. For Sammiya, I'm mostly waiting to see what else comes of or from her (re: her items both being sent and used), though I am willing to vote for her. Everyone else is fair game for me, with Lucas being the one I'd least vote on of the lot for obvious reasons. I don't really have a firm read on which players I'd like to push for just yet, but I do think Aeiou and Pan are the ones I am the most ??? about. Between Kiyo, Tiki, and Cure... I actually don't have any preference. Maybe willing to see Tiki go most of those, but I haven't given due consideration to his most recent posts, so there's that.

341www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] - Page 23 Empty Re: www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:45 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Luxaria wrote:Maybe willing to see Tiki go most of those, but I haven't given due consideration to his most recent posts, so there's that.

I see how it is.
</3

342www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] - Page 23 Empty Re: www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:09 pm

Pan

Pan

Yello, sorry, slept in because I felt like hell.

The reason I haven't said anything about my role inthread is because that would be a really terrible idea. That's all I'm going to say on the matter. My silence is as pro-town as I can get right now, barring a few specific cases that I am also not going to elaborate on because that would also be a really terrible idea.

http://malafight.tumblr.com

343www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] - Page 23 Empty Re: www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:16 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Pan wrote:Yello, sorry, slept in because I felt like hell.

The reason I haven't said anything about my role inthread is because that would be a really terrible idea. That's all I'm going to say on the matter. My silence is as pro-town as I can get right now, barring a few specific cases that I am also not going to elaborate on because that would also be a really terrible idea.

I kinda wonder if we're linked.

344www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] - Page 23 Empty Re: www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:48 pm

Cure

Cure

Not saying that's what's happening, but it's incredibly easy for mafia to say "the less I say about my role, the better, but it's really important and you don't want to lose me." trying to seem important without actually having to give up any information.

I'm still not sure how I feel about Rasei being the NK, because it seems like an odd target for mafia given the last day phase, but I ggguuuess it's safe to assume that's what happened. Making Blaire an anti-town town role.

My list of people I'm willing to vote is still the same, maybe sans Blaire. I'm not going to vote Vowels while she's sleeping, and I'd like to see a little more discussion first.

345www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] - Page 23 Empty Re: www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:01 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

All I know is, I'm waiting for something bad. There was one time I saw something that made me think, "Hmm, that seems pretty bad," so I told Five I'd use my role.

Don't think it did anything, though.

So, if Pan is telling the truth, we may well be in some weird, symbiotic relationship, like She-Ra and I did in Symphony.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum