Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win]

+11
drandahl
high seraph
Ninfia
Tiki The Troll
Aeiou
Pan
Kiyoko
katagi
Luxaria
Mr. Gerbear
Five
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 33 ... 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 24 of 42]

346www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] - Page 24 Empty Re: www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:03 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Hopping in here to say that I probably won't be around much this phase. Advil + nap didn't help much and I feel like complete hodor. Going to lie down and take a general break from the internet today. Sorry for not being more help but if anyone has any questions for me I am totally happy to answer them like tomorrow or some hodor.

vote: no vote

I recognize this doesn't really do anything I just didn't want to leave without acknowledging that it is a voting phase.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

347www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] - Page 24 Empty Re: www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:14 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Do what ya need, Kiyo. Hope you get well soon!

348www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] - Page 24 Empty Re: www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:35 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Given all the claims, here's where we're at using my interpretation of concrete statements:

Luxaria

• [N0/D1] Stunned on N0.
  • [D2] Role says exactly what it does, and it does so fairly simply.

katagi

• [N0/D1] Stunned on N0.
  • [D1] Neutral. Staying silent on win conditions.
  • [D2] First win condition achieved. Intermission was not "directly linked to [katagi] in any way".

Kiyoko

• [D1] No clue what role does. Role PM is literally "hodor hodor hodor". Not sure if did a thing on N0, but tried to.
  • [N1] Didn't choose a target for action, but tried to "hodor". No PM, no rollover result. Not aware of effects. Theory of what happened re: Rasei's PM with intention to do a thing.
  • [N1/D2] Stunned on N1.
  • [D2] Has idea of what role is generally, but not sure what happened on N0. Has ideas about message Rasei received "assuming Rasei tried to target [Kiyoko] or was redirected onto [Kiyoko]."

Pan

• [N0] Can't comment on (role / website?), but someone (also?) submitted [something ridiculous].
  • [D2] Didn't say anything on role because "really terrible idea", and won't barring specific cases.

Aeiou

• [D1] Didn't act on N0.
  • [D2] Not able to perform any actions on N1.

Tiki the Troll

• [D1] Didn't act on N0.
  • [N1/D2] Stunned on N1.
  • [D2] "I didn't act again" (<- Role or being stunned?). "Role requires I wait. I video[sic: bide?] my time. Not a night action." Knows how to activate role. Using it might lose it. Not sure of "the cue" to activate it to "make it do anything" and "what [action] does". Guesses it is a counter to prevent or reverse a "bad" thing happening. Thinks he's linked to Pan (?). Attempted to use role after garbled text in N1/D2 rollover--nothing happened. Clarifies did not attempt any actions on N1.

Ninfia

Lucas

• [D1] Doctor claim.
  • [N1/D2] Jailed on N1.
  • [D2] Straight-forward role. Doesn't think he'll live longer. Didn't act N0. Confirms Sammiya's gift. Role is straight-forwardly a doctor with minor aspect of flavor. Feels like he will live one more night phase. Sammiya's gift reads pro-town. "Not sure if I'll pass or keep item."

Cure

• [D1] No clue what role does.
  • [D2] Stun on Tiki on N1 was from town. Didn't stun katagi on N0. Had no action on N0. Stunned Tiki on N1. Was not aware of stunning action until N1. Will not have stun N2.

Blaire

• [D1] Miller. "Role effect is super-dee-duper pro town." If investigated, show as mafia, but shows as town on death.
  • [N1] "I kill people."
  • [D2] "Rasei was partially my b." "Rasei tried to touch me." <- Stated as a joke. Can kill people. Targeted Rasei with a kill on N1. "If I ask god again to kill someone else later on". Sent in shot to see how it'd look in rollover due to flavor stuff. Can't answer a question because "literally breaking one of The Rules or . . . close to it".

Rasei

Sammiya

• [D2] Sent Lucas a gift. Didn't give Lucas a gun; gave something he could use as protection on self or someone else. Only had one of this item. Gave Lucas a "hiding role". Not sure how it would be described. Five items left to make. Three boosts to a player granting "additional use of their role ability", two are "lasers". Can send one item per night phase. Didn't send one on N0. Lasers are basically guns.

Rulings

• Only successful kill attempts will show up in rollover. If an attempted kill fails, it will not appear.
  • If two successful attempts go through on the same person, two messages will appear in rollover.

Intermissions

Not using spoiler tags in this instance, but will in the future if no one else is updating it.
The most non-concrete thing I added that I could think of was Lucas' mentions of likelihood of survival since it felt relevant given roles in question.

If I missed anything let me know.

Last edited by Luxaria on Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:25 pm; edited 4 times in total

349www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] - Page 24 Empty Re: www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:38 pm

katagi

katagi

i can tell you that intermission is not directly linked to me in any way

350www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] - Page 24 Empty Re: www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:42 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Updated. I wasn't sure on that, but you immediately commented on it in thread and got a win condition, thus the "???" nature of it from my perspective.

351www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] - Page 24 Empty Re: www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:46 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Oh, yeah. Bide, not video. What I get for writing it out on mobile.

And to clarify, no, I sent no actions on N1. Stun didn't affect me in any way.

352www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] - Page 24 Empty Re: www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:51 pm

Pan

Pan

Cure wrote:Not saying that's what's happening, but it's incredibly easy for mafia to say "the less I say about my role, the better, but it's really important and you don't want to lose me." trying to seem important without actually having to give up any information.

The most pro-town I can be right now is by keeping quiet about my role until it's needed. Should the need arise (or I guess should I be on the chopping block) then I'll disclose more information. I will not go quietly into the night, I will not vanish without a fight, etc etc.

EDIT: also pls feel better Kiyo :(

EDIT2: also also I don't know if we're connected somehow Tiki, sorry!!

http://malafight.tumblr.com

353www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] - Page 24 Empty Re: www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:08 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

No worries, Pan! I'm just theorizing.

Anyway...as far as voting goes, I'm currently most inclined to vote on Sammiya. If Lucas is Town, and has been telling the truth this whole time, then a few possibilities about her gift:

1. It's exactly as it seems.
  2. It's a fake inventor role (like what Five (I think) had in Love Live Mafia).
  3. It's a roll that only APPEARS benevolent, but with nasty downsides, and/or a hidden ability with fake text (my and Tet's roles, respectively, from Meme Mafia).

I admit, Sammie's kinda been on my radar all game. I can see her taking out Rasei as well, despite it being a "strange" choice for most. And if Lucas is, in fact, Town, it may not be so bad to make sure he was given an item from a Town source.

Besudes all that, we only have a last minute doctor claim from Lucas. Nothing actually suggests he's Town, we're just all being wary of not offing the doctor (a doctor in a small game with plenty of stuns, n' jails, n' such...granted, also with a killer in Blaire). He hasn't been able to prove it either way, esp given the jail on him...which, possibly, could have been a Mafia jailing a Mafia, to give him an excuse not to act (come to think of it, he now claims to have a hiding item, a self jail...could be a convenient way of not acting tonight either, complete with a seemingly valid excuse).

But I digress...I actually didn't mean to throw so much shade his way, but then I got into a train of thought, heh.

Anyway, I'll just toss this out there: Vote: Sammiya.

354www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] - Page 24 Empty Re: www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:28 pm

Five

Five

VOTE TALLY

Aeiou vs. Pan
high seraph vs. Tiki the Troll
Kiyoko vs. no vote
Tiki the Troll vs. Sammiya
Luxaria vs. Aeiou

Last edited by Five on Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

355www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] - Page 24 Empty Re: www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:04 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

3.5 hours to rollover, so:

I agree that Lucas' claims aren't a sure thing and it's why I've been probing a bit. Which is difficult because if he's genuine that's risky to air. If we assume mafia has a stun, it's not too hard for them to stun and kill him, which didn't happen (but it's possible they might also not have had a stun last night?). Jailing does prevent him from acting, but it's also a protecting effect. So this depends on whether you think the jail came from town or mafia. If the jail is town, that means in theory at least two protective effects (though one or more might not be consistent?), however Blaire's role is possibly a thing. So Blaire having at least a non-zero amount of shots might warrant more protective effects?? Idk.

The thing that sticks out more to me is this sequence:
1. Lucas says he does not expect to live any longer after claiming.
2. N1 rollover happens, Lucas was jailed, Sammiya claims giving him a thing.
3. Lucas then says again he does not expect to live much longer, but acknowledges Sammiya's gift.
4. Sammiya hopes it helps protect him via some hiding effect (I think she said this then).
5. Lucas then says he thinks he'll survive another night, now confirming the item.

Further notes include: Sammiya said she wasn't sure how the description of the item might come across. The item is described as being usable on self, others, or gifting it again? It's a "hide effect", which presumably means its use prevents other actions (so, three nights of no Lucas if he uses it). Lucas could have been bluffing his own ability to survive at any point regarding his own role or parsing Sammiya's item. But the sequence of get thing, "I'm doomed", "it should protect you", "I live" felt weird.

I'll acknowledge straight-up, though, both of them could be town and just acting normally, but I don't see them as cleared yet. The thing that further interests me is that depending on if this was a bluff by either or both parties at all, it sheds light on some things re: Blaire. I don't expect Blaire to have that particular set of claims on her own or with anyone other than perhaps Kiyoko, Cure, and maybe Aeiou or Pan (?) or maybe myself on her team. She could be mafia vigilante with multiple shots and a crafty claim, and that's horrifying. But notably the aforementioned necessitates two sets of two (if Sammiya and Lucas are linked scum), which is impossible.

I'm also inclined to think mafia is not as likely to do two out-there bluffs or claims in the vein of any of Blaire, Lucas, or Sammiya, since that's 66% of their squad out in the open.

tl;dr version of all of this: I don't have specific clause to trust any of the claims of Blaire, Lucas, or Sammiya, but I also don't have concrete reason to suspect a doctor or someone with a gifting effect. Blaire's role feels the most out there, but still... weirdly plausible. Thus my earlier comments of: I'm still open to voting on Sammiya and Lucas, but Sammiya might require more time to figure out? And Lucas has claimed doctor which is tricky. Blaire is still in bla-la land. The last thing that stands out to me is if you entertain that the jail came from town, it means neither a stun nor a NK went onto a doctor claim. There could be a myriad of benign reasons for this (mafia having no stuns AND no jails, playing WIFOM since he wasn't cleared-cleared, thinking Lucas was bluffing or would protect himself, etc.).

In the end I don't know if I want to vote on any of those three without more discussion and replies. I still think I'll focus on Pan or Aeiou, and still evaluating the Kiyo, Tiki, and Cure grouping. Cure is claiming an un-counter-claimed town stun. If she was mafia she could've used it on Lucas, for that matter, which is food for thought.

So in the interest of voting right this minute, Vote: Aeiou just to have a vote on both people I'm ??? on. Completely willing to swap as discussion merits, though.

edit: One thing I forgot to comment on was Blaire's characterization of her role as "super-dee-duper pro-town". But it's a weird miller with killing effect that has rules against sharing information. idk maybe she sees it as pro-town, but.

356www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] - Page 24 Empty Re: www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:29 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

i mean yeah, shit, i thought it was p pro-town at first but now yall are making me rethink that haha

i actually wasnt factoring in the miller part when i said that because i thought the question was 'aside from that, do you think youre pro-town' so thats my fault 

i also feel like if i were on a team of maf, they def wouldnt have let me dig this hole i made for myself so theres that

im hoping i can get home before rollover tonight but we'll see! i'm def trying to think of someone to vote for though

357www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] - Page 24 Empty Re: www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:33 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

no you had the question right

I just mean

this weird rollover-text garbling, can't-explain-due-to-rules killing effect is a WEIRD INTERPRETATION of super-dee-duper pro-town, but I can also see the angle of "it lets me kill the demons", so.

358www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] - Page 24 Empty Re: www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:34 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

but it does let me kill demons like isnt that really nice for us??

359www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] - Page 24 Empty Re: www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:07 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

So everyone knows, I'm falling asleep here. I've been sick as well. So I may not be around at the end of the phase.

360www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] - Page 24 Empty Re: www.mafia: a UPick [town+katagi win] Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:09 pm

Sammiya

Sammiya
Admin

Lasers are basically guns. Whoops. Should've clarified.

If that intermission wasn't caused by Katagi, then... what WAS it caused by...

@Tiki As far as I am aware my items have no drawbacks when used. I am willing to give one of my items to Katagi or an person picked by at least five other people besides myself if that will assist in proving that I'm town. (The person can't be one of the people to pick themselves, either) Katagi due to the fact she's the neutral, and thus is a safe party that doesn't lean either way.

https://crywolf.rpg-board.net

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 24 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 33 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum