Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Beginnings [TOWN WIN]

+6
Megrid
Sammiya
Rasei
Tiki The Troll
alcasync
Kiyoko
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 12]

106New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 8 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:44 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

V O T E T A L L Y

ALCASYNC vs MEGRID
NAUTILUS vs MEGRID
MEGRID vs ALCASYNC

MEGRID II
ALCASYNC I

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

107New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 8 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:53 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

sobs i never have a stra te gy . .... .
New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 8 XKFOe88

108New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 8 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:58 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Hi I'm back and oh god there are long posts everywhere. Hold on while I get caught up.

Mr. Alice wrote:sobs i never have a stra te gy . .... .
New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 8 XKFOe88

This image represents how I play mafia so it's ok. I think it's best to throw out what you have and see what it sticks, so I babble a lot. A lot. My intuition is bad, but I think sometimes that I can help the town if there's an inkling of truth in my nonstop babbling. Everyone has their own strategies!

For the record, trying to access and post on this forum on a mobile device is an arcane art reserved only for the most expert of individuals, who are able to harness their phones to full power and peak efficiency. Seriously. I can't do it.

Last edited by nautilus on Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

109New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 8 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:59 pm

alcasync

alcasync

Megrid wrote:And as for the second half, I already answered that...

The post you quoted was after D1 -> N1 rollover, at which point (I assume) Sammiya was already back, so my point that while Sammiya was gone, none of us could have known she was out is still valid. But I think this part at least is getting off topic.

Megrid wrote:but I can't really tell you any further than because I knew she was AFK right then, I didn't pressure her and I didn't vote on her

I don't think anyone actually said they thought you should have pressured/voted her? My suspicions of buddying don't come from you not voting for her in D1, but are solely from posts that were made during N1 afterwards.

I don't know if we are going to resolve this. My argument is that you are suspiciously buddying Sammiya, your argument is that you were not suspiciously buddying Sammiya. Your argument is that I am focusing you and Sammiya for insufficient reasons, my argument is that I have not been focusing on you at all until I have had reasonable reason to be suspicious. Whether someone is "too suspicious" or "has enough reason" isn't an objective thing, so I don't think we will see eye-to-eye on this issue.

If anyone has any specific questions for me, I will get to them later. I think Kiyoko is right in that this is probably just going to escalate if both of us keep pushing the issue like this, so I am going offline for some time to give things a chance to cool down.

I will be back in a few hours.

110New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 8 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:07 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

nautilus wrote:
For the record, trying to access and post on this forum on a mobile device is an arcane art reserved only for the most expert of individuals, who are able to harness their phones to full power and peak efficiency. Seriously. I can't do it.

Don't phone.

Like seriously just....don't phone.

Just using it to peek in every now and then is ok, but gOD FORBID YOU WANT TO TRY AND MAKE A POST.

(( Though I've found that the iPad works pretty well if you go on Classic mode though! Classic mode only works half the time on phone.))

ALSO I will def vote later I promise.

111New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 8 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:09 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Um, so I'm a bit uneasy posting this given the earlier potential for escalating feelings in this thread, but I'm going to go ahead and shoot. I don't really want to go knees deep into the Megrid-alcasync debate because of that, and I think both sides have said what they needed to say. I do want to keep my vote on Megrid (unless we jump to Sammiya) because by doing so we'd indirectly figure out alcasync's alignment by doing that, and... Let's talk about alcasync.

To be honest, alcasync has been feeling like the most town player to me because of the nature of her posts and the structure of her arguments? If she isn't town (which is, honestly, knowing how bad my intuition is, a possibility), then I will eat a hat, but she seems the most town for being able to lay out multiple possibilities for events, encouraging more discussion, and generally being willing to answer questions and mapping out her thoughts to allow others to challenge them.

Unless a mafia player knows what they're doing and can do it really well, I'd feel like mafia would prefer to either hide their opinions or mask them using vague things that can't acutely be proven like gut feelings or be incredibly narrow with their speculation and be reactive rather than proactive (i.e. don't lay out your thoughts all at once to let the town poke holes through it, but be more reactive and only speak when asked to ""control"" the amount of information you're pushing out).

I'll edit this post as I go and filter through all the posts, but I guess the first paragraph explains why this took so long.

nautilus

nautilus

No, I flat-out found Rasei RNGing a vote fishy. And if she hadn't changed it, I would've changed my vote to her. And I presumed Mr Alice's vote had been for information, unlike how Alca only voted for me from knowing I was a veteran like her.

But they're both fairly random votes, are they not? At the beginning, alcasync voted for you after saying there was no special reasoning behind it...

I'm clearly not a detective because the only power role in this game is doctor, so there's no special reasoning behind my vote, but someone needs to be the first to vote so...!

vote: Sammiya

B-because you're the only person here that I've played more than one game with. ;v;

... while Mr. Alice's had the reasoning of "I love Miku and your display picture is pretty", which is also fairly random as well and doesn't speak of anything regarding information. They don't back this vote up way later, either.

Not...really...sure...whether to attribute his death to something all super thought out and logical, or if it was random, but since Day 1(?) is apparently primetime for pointing fingers wildly...

vote: Luxaria

Because I love Miku and your display pic is pretty. ; w ;

How is one more easily seen as a vote for information than the other?

And, well, you followed Alcasync's vote once, so it makes sense that you might follow it again. And, well, you proved that by voting for Megrid, so I wasn't wrong to think that you might. You feel like alca's town and to me it feels like it's due to how much she's speculating, but amount of speculation does not a townie make. I remember in several games I've been in the most active players have been the mafia, after all.

alcasync has been a dominant force in this thread, and I'm unwilling to vote for her because if she is town and not mafia, then that basically cuts off one of the more active players in this thread and one of the heavier speculators. She's pushed discussion and forced multiple opinions (rather than attempted to push a single narrative), which I feel like a mafia member would not do also I wrote a bit about alcasync earlier. It's more anti-town, I feel, to dodge questions or lay low than it is to participate and guide discussion.

And it's entirely possible that Luxaria was chosen for the NK before Alcasync's comment, too. The doctor probably would've been more likely to focus on other people to protect, and the mafia could've accounted for the fact it could've made alcasync suspicious. Or, well, a set-up in general.

Yes, but it's possible that the mafia could have been around prior to rollover to have seen alcasync's post, given that it appeared that the majority of players in this thread were around for the rollover during the first day of voting.

It's interesting that you also mention the doctor; Luxaria was pretty active inthread and contributing quite a lot (and outside of Luxaria's light suspicion by alcasync and Mr. Alice's random vote), so it's quite likely to assume that Luxaria could have been a potential doctor target because it makes sense for the doctor to save strong or active players. Who do you think the doctor would have chosen to protect, then, if you think an active, speculating player was an unlikely target?

And, well, of course there's going to be a night kill unless the doctor was extremely insightful/had good targeting unless the mafia was being particularly dense and forgot to send it in or something. Of course I'd anticipate a NK happening, but I never indicated thinking anything of Luxaria being the target. And the NK does determine what happens during the day phase, so that statement is not wrong either.

It's interesting though, because I believe you were the only person other than Luxaria (who is now dead) who mentioned the turnout of NK (outside of everyone going all hypothetical and being all "alright if we mislynch and mafia NKs". I could be grasping at straws here though, so I'll stop with this line of speculation right now.

I believe I didn't focus on the voting in the first place because by the time I had to run out, I saw a bunch of split votes as far as I'm concerned. I didn't focus on you voting against Sammiya because I wasn't focused on it period.

Ah, fair enough. Still, it confuses me a little how I've largely floated under the radar while you've focused exclusively on alcasync's arguments, seeing as I'm the more incriminating one of the two of us. I understand not being  focused on my vote, but upon reading back it would've probably been more incriminating ... ? Or maybe I'm just confusing myself.

Megrid bringing up her parallels in behavior caused me to take a peek at the other game, and sure enough, t'was the case, so I can't really fault her for her vote. If anything, it's this alca-Megrid debate going on that makes me think of her as being somewhat suspicious along with the NK target for tonight due to the tie to Sammiya.

If alcasync is mafia I will actually cry. You will feel my tears falling down the thread. It will be terrible and I will be sad. Tears will splash down my face.

I apologize if I sound a little awkward or unintentionally aggressive; I don't mean to, I'm bad when it comes to situations like this. :(

Also unrelated but assuming I and alca vote the same and Sammiya and Megrid vote the same and Rasei isn't here, then Mr. Alice has the deciding vote... I would actually prefer a lynch on Sammiya for now because by lynching her, we learn information about:

- my alignment because I nearly got her lynched
- Megrid's alignment, for defending Sammiya
- alcasync's alignment, for pushing on Sammiya and then pushing Megrid for defending Sammiya
- Rasei's alignment to some degree?
- Basically we would find info about everyone's alignment except for Mr. Alice maybe

I don't want to unvote from Megrid and vote Sammiya because I don't want to fork a three way tie, but if the thread agrees to it and someone makes the first vote I will totally do it. I will also take the blame if this ends up being a terrible idea.

113New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 8 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:48 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

If we can really find all that stuff out (and by we I mean you guys because holy dang how do you guys come up with this stuff) by lynching poor Sammich, I miiiight be down for that, but could you maybe explain a little more about that so I'm not making a potentionally grossly misinformed decision? ; w ;

But if it's all explained in your post and you don't want to repeat everything again, please let me know and I can redouble my efforts to make understand everything! It's really not you, it's me, I promise, I'm just slow and dumb. ; u ;

P.S. A-a 3-way tie....woah.... * A *

114New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 8 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:20 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Due to extenuating circumstances, we're delaying phase end by 24 hours. Day 2 will now end at 9pm on Wednesday, June 10.

This is for multiple reasons! You can continue to speculate and vote and whatnot. The vote tally's still the same. Nothing's getting reset. Just think of this as a 48 hour long day phase.

115New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 8 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:27 pm

Megrid

Megrid
Admin

Could I just... say something real quick? Sorry if this completely ignores the discussion going on, but...

Initially, I wasn't going to say anything of this because I worried that with the nature of the game, people are gonna take it wrong and just suspect me more for it. Or think I'm being incredibly petty. But I think it might clear things up if I said so outright, since clearly, it did effect the way I was thinking and acting while playing, so...

A long while ago, I was playing a game with a group of people and we were playing out this event. Midway into the event, one of the guys suddenly stopped posting. We all figured we would just keep going and work around him until we dumped him out of the event and kept at it. (In hindsight, I feel like a prick about it.)

Turns out, when he came back, he told us he had a fire go on at his place and the whole time he was gone was him trying to put it out. He wasn't hurt, but...

To...sum that up, when I said I was highly against doing anything against people who were AFK anymore, I meant it. It doesn't matter my alignment, and it doesn't matter how much how counterproductive it'll be for me, I just can't. I know it's not the same thing, I knew beforehand where Sammiya was gonna go and why she wouldn't play, but I guess that incident bothered me more than I knew it should, particularly with Alcasync pressing me a bit too hard about it. But I'm sorry for not mentioning it, and I'm sorry in particular for lashing out at you over it, Alca, since you didn't have a way of knowing it.

So, I'm really sorry for freaking everyone out. I didn't mean to let that get to me enough to take it out on all of you, particularly Alca.

http://falconinthesky.deviantart.com

116New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 8 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:31 pm

Rasei

Rasei

*rushes in breathing hard* I got here before turn over... *Then notice:*

Kiyoko wrote:Due to extenuating circumstances, we're delaying phase end by 24 hours. Day 2 will now end at 9pm on Wednesday, June 10.

This is for multiple reasons! You can continue to speculate and vote and whatnot. The vote tally's still the same. Nothing's getting reset. Just think of this as a 48 hour long day phase.

Everyone made good points, so I'm going to think about everyone arguments and vote later like Mr.Alice.

117New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 8 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:35 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Backing up Megrid's post and asking everyone to please take it to heart and not press her anymore on this particular issue. I do think that Sammiya's absence from thread the other day has already been discussed in depth, and that arguments can be made in other areas instead.

In the interests of making sure everyone is having fun in this game, and in this forum as a whole, if anyone is at all uncomfortable with anything going on in the thread, please let your host or any of the admins know. (If it's in-game related and the admins are playing, take it to the host, and the host can take it to an admin if they think it's important enough.) Sorry for this sudden serious business post, but I personally prioritize all of you guys as people over any game of mafia, and your emotions, personal lives, and whatever else should always, always come first before anything going on in thread.

Sorry for derailing the thread for a bit. Please do continue playing!

118New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 8 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:52 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Aye aye, El Capitan! o7

Also, holy crap, Megrid; I had no idea. D: Please let me know if I pressed anything too hard in my post; I wasn't sure and it seemed like a delicate issue at the time, though I might have referenced it a few times in my post. I shall not touch the issue again, and once again I'm sorry if I made mention of anything particularly difficult or bothered you in any way!

That being said, I'll probably take my leave from the thread for a bit at this point since the phase has been extended, buuut...

I'll explain a bit for Mr. Alice my reasoning:
- Lynching Sammiya would mostly clear me if Sammiya flipped mafia, as I voted for Sammiya and brought her into the lead/tied with no lynch. If we were both mafia it would make no sense to throw my fellow teammate under a bus and get her nearly lynched, especially since there are only two mafia members.
- Lynching Sammiya would slightly clear alcasync if Sammiya flipped mafia, as she had originally voted for her (and viewed her as suspicious, continuing to do so after phase end). If they were both mafia, I feel like alcasync probably would have backed off to some degree from Sammiya rather than advocating a lynch for her (again) the night after.

Vice-versa, if Sammiya flips town then ??? at both alcasync and I.

- Lynching Sammiya would shed a bit of light on Rasei's alignment, as Rasei has been mentioned by Sammiya as an objection of suspicion; if Rasei is mafia and Sammiya is mafia, then I feel like Sammiya would not suspect her co-mafia member (since there's only two, there's less expendable... members, so to say). This is weaker than the above because Sammiya never explicitly voted for Rasei, so it's harder to tie her to Rasei "officially" because she never voted for him, so to speak.

Does that make sense? Also, don't worry about it! I like babbling and explaining things. It makes me feel like I'm doing the right thing.

119New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 8 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:03 pm

alcasync

alcasync

Megrid,

I'm caught up in the thread and I've also cooled down a bit. I'm also sorry for getting so worked up. I think in my efforts to defend my views, I didn't word things as well as I should have, and I'm sorry for upsetting you. It wasn't my intention at all to push you on something you weren't comfortable talking about and I'm really sorry for not noticing that it was something that was bothering you! I thought maybe you were getting upset only because I was voting you, and I didn't realize there was something else going on. I think that's my fault for being so focused on your individual arguments that I was missing what you were trying to say in the rest of your posts, so sorry also for making you repeat yourself a lot. I need to read through again now that I have a clearer head, because I feel like maybe I did miss a lot of what you were saying because I wasn't reading carefully.

I had no idea that your feelings about AFK players was a personal value kind of thing, and now that I know, I'll definitely keep it in mind and I definitely won't press you about it anymore. I'm sorry that happened to your friend and I completely understand you being upset over something like that.

Ummm, I'm actually really bad at noticing when other people are uncomfortable in general so if anything I do or say ever bothers anyone, please please please tell me! ;v; I do want to be friends with all of you.

So, yes. Sorry for getting worked up and for upsetting anyone and for if I scared any of the other players from talking.

I would be happy to elaborate on my thoughts in a clearer and less emotionally-charged way if anyone still has any questions about my suspicions. If we think it would be a better idea to steer the conversation in a different direction, then I would maybe like to hear Mr Alice and Rasei's thoughts on all of the players? ;v;

120New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] - Page 8 Empty Re: New Beginnings [TOWN WIN] Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:21 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

That clears things up a lot, Nautilus! Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! ; 0 ; pls babble 2 me all day bby ;D

And sorry that you went through all that, Megrid. :'( That definitely sounds like it was a pretty scarring event for you, and I'm doubly sorry that you were reminded of it like this. But thank you for letting us know what was going on. pls take care of urself ok this should be a safe place

eh
well
as safe as it can be considering there's...mafia...around....
hhhhh ;;; u ;;;

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum