Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX

+8
kalyri
Rasei
drandahl
Luxaria
Sammiya
Megrid
Pan
Kiyoko
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 26  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 26]

226Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX - Page 16 Empty Re: Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:32 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Sayaka shook her head at the poor, tiny mummified child. He had hurt so much already. His bandages were old with the wear of hundreds of years of torment,  torn and stained with tears. Sayaka could not imagine an eternity spent wandering with such sadness, such grief, wanting only for a friend. In some cruel jape, his unending misery had become his only companion—until he came to Traverse Town, where the group of feather seekers took him in with warmth and kindness. And why would he want to leave that behind? Sayaka sighed to herself, and she looked at Carlos.

“Carlos, I have an experiment for you.”

((Carlos, sweet, perfect Carlos. If you would be so kind as to ask the forces of nature if there is more than one protective role in this game, that would be lovely. Or, however you wish to phrase it. Actually, you said there's a loophole if you refer to people by role, correct?))

227Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX - Page 16 Empty Re: Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:04 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

At hearing the name ‘Carlos’ followed closely by the word ‘experiment,’ the scientist forgot all his prior animosity immediately. “I am all ears. Actually, I am many things besides ears, such as bones and teeth and blood and soft meats, but in figurative rather than a literal sense, I am all ears.”

(( Also re: Amumu thing, assuming everyone is telling the truth about everything. I might be able to answer that. I found out some time after I made my first post about not stunning me that I actually can’t get stunned out of science because my action is asynchronous to rollover. If Cecil were to track me, it would show up as me having not acted. If Amumu’s friendship alliance-y thing is the same way, that might be why. I imagine it’d be up to Tiki to ask if his action would show up when tracked, and then also up to him if he wants to share it with the thread. ))

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

228Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX - Page 16 Empty Re: Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:15 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Sayaka clapped her hands together and looked at Carlos.

"Okay, I have a simple request for your experiment," Sayaka said.

((It's actually not simple. I'm wondering if you could somehow phrase a question to the forces that be such that they can determine the following:

1. If Luke actually has a protective/doctor role.
2. If there is more than one protective/doctor role for the town alignment.
3. If Luke used his protective/doctor role on N1.
4. If Luke's protective/doctor role extended to Kyouko on N1. (Actually, this makes the first point kind of redundant)
And I don't know if you can squeeze anything else in, but wishful thinking in order of priority:
5. If Luke used an attack N1.
6. If Amumu shared abilities with Luke (and Intern Wilbur did not see it).

The purpose of this is to corroborate their story such that it either clears both of them, but, namely, I would like to know if there is actually another protective/doctor role.

Because I used my save on Kyouko on N1.))

229Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX - Page 16 Empty Re: Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:32 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

“Uhh.”

Carlos coughed. And then looked around the plaza. And then looked at Cecil.

“Would running that experiment compromise my neutrality? Because I did do that whole speech about science not taking sides and--” Caught somewhere between two equally vague handwavy gestures in an effort to communicate something less vague and less handwavy, he threw his arms in the air and gave up on hand gestures altogether. “Look, I’m trying to keep myself and my reason to live alive by not taking sides. Or, well. One of my reasons to live. Science is the other one.”

(( That said, that is a fascinating thought experiment and I am already trying to think of a possible question that would answer as many of those as possible. But in the interest of Cecil-preservation I'm probably going to stick with the these and more than these bulletproofs question that Cecil suggested earlier. ))

230Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX - Page 16 Empty Re: Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:39 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Amumu looked up into Carlos' eyes. "But, wouldn't doing all that help you to know that there are more people to protect you? And Cecil? Like Luke and Sayaka did for Ms. Coco?"

231Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX - Page 16 Empty Re: Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:52 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Sayaka sighed as the weight of reality pressed down upon her shoulders. It was never easy with Carlos, but he had a right to be afraid of his involvement with the puella magi.

"I know this is asking a lot of you," she said, "But you have my word that I will cast my protection onto you or Cecil, whichever you prefer... but..." Sayaka looked at Kyouko, pain in her eyes. "Know that it comes at great sacrifice of my own."

She pointed at Amumu.

"There's the chance that this one will stun me and someone will attack you in the night. I am sorry to ask you to do this, but know that doing so would help us to prove Cecil's innocence and get rid of these feather deniers."

((Additionally, can you by any chance phrase it such that it includes proof of me being a doctor/protective role?

Anyway, here are my thoughts. I know that I used my role to save Kyouko. I denied it to see if anyone would claim it, and also because of a personal reason relating to my role's intricacies. Here's what I think regarding how these events went down:
1. Mafia claiming doctor is a bold move, because then the doctor knows for a fact it's them. Additionally, Amumu directly linking himself to Luke would completely throw their gambit into the trash, but maybe their goal (if they're mafia) was to add backing to Luke's story to ferret out the doctor, and then kill them.

2. If/when I probably get stunned/killed/whatever, I'll flip town. I've clarified with Alcasync as to whether or not the specifics of role show up in the rollover. She said it's just alignment, which is why I want to prove that I am a doctor role before I die and all you see is "Town".

3. If/when I die, you can then draw inference from what happened here as to whom the mafia are. You are right, there's a chance Amumu's action might not have been present to Wilbur due to some strange interaction. That said, Luke's entire listing of abilities is altogether bizarre and inconsistent. This might be out of self-defense, or something that can easily be explained by all of your proverbs you've posted about there being a simple explanation. Maybe Luke and I did both cast protection.

But I think we stand to gain a lot of information from this entire scenario. It clears at least Luke and possibly Amumu (if they're telling the truth), I'm cleared (either through science or night actions, RIP Sayaka you always die in every timeline), and the remaining town will have a good idea of whom the mafia are. Or maybe it's a bad move and I'm dumb and should never play mafia again, who knows.

232Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX - Page 16 Empty Re: Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:54 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

“I’m protecting Cecil in my own way.”

And wow, that sounded way more like a cheesy movie line out loud than it did in his head, though it was true for varying but statistically significant degrees of true. He hoped Cecil didn't hear that. Of course Cecil heard that. He hoped Cecil wouldn't broadcast it, at least, or he might actually die of embarrassment.

“And I don’t need protection. I’ll be fine. A scientist is always fine.”

(( For the record I know what question I’d ask to hit all of Luxaria’s points. Still won’t ask it. I just want the thread to acknowledge my prowess with boolean logic. ))

233Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX - Page 16 Empty Re: Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:01 am

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Amumu heard Carlos' conclusion.
Then slumped.
Then cried.

234Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX - Page 16 Empty Re: Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:11 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

Sayaka tipped her head to the side, staring at Carlos, perfect though he was, yet imperfect in his obstinance. And maybe being imperfect was okay.

"This seems strange," Sayaka said. "If these experiments were run, one way or another, those of us gathered here to locate the feather would be able to expel the deniers from our midst without further harm.

"In other words, Cecil, the one man you care about more than anything, the man you'd protect until the end of time, would be safe. He would no longer be threatened, endangered, in trouble. Him, his broadcast, and his interns pose a real threat to the deniers; he, alone, can monitor the actions of others, and what's to say that he does not witness them commit a deed?"

Sayaka pointed her thumb to her chest.

"But I have helped him now, perhaps more than you and your defense of him has managed. I have presented myself as a protector of the innocent and defenseless, and for that the deniers will come for me and not Cecil, and then I will be gone and the deniers will still lurk in our midst, and the group gathered here will be fumbling about in darkness, perhaps until it is too late."

"Or," Sayaka said, "you could run the experiment and expedite our search for the deniers and remove precious Cecil from danger.

"The fact that you do not wish to looks suspicious.

"Not for you, obviously, since you are not part of this search, but for Cecil." Sayaka looked at the radio host and stared at him with intense interest. "You would go to any length to protect him, even lie. What's to say you do not know the truth about Cecil? What's to say that he isn't a denier, and you're protecting him through your stubborn refusal?"

Sayaka held up her fingers and counted.

"With your experiment, we gain information about myself, Luke, maybe even Amumu." She threw her arms out wide. "Maybe even Amethyst and Kyouko, depending on what we learn, and suddenly... with all we learn, the pool of individuals that could be deniers grows thin, until now Cecil is a primary suspect... until Cecil might even be one himself, and you've known all along and plan to protect him."

Sayaka held her palms open.

"Or you could do the experiment, we use the information to expel the deniers, and Cecil is safe, unharmed, and innocent."

235Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX - Page 16 Empty Re: Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:43 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

“I’m sorry, which part of you suggesting to murder him was supposed to be protection?”

And maybe that was a little passive aggressive, but passive aggression was a municipally approved rhetoric. All in all, this was starting to veer into non-scientific territory, where facts and logic gave way to a tension of shoulders, a certain set of the jaw, and a sharp tone that wasn’t quite yelling.

“I know what you’re trying to do, and Cecil is not a… a bargaining chip that you can threaten or not threaten to try to convince me to cooperate. I’ve made my position very clear, on my neutrality, on Cecil, on… on the intentions and serendipities that combined encompass our shared existences. If you need information, you can research it yourself. And now if you’ll excuse me, I have an intern and a sandwich I need to go find.”

He didn’t quite storm off.

But it was pretty close.

(( Giving Carlos an excuse to go leave and come back for night experiments I guess, but mostly I am going to bed so this is my last post til rollover, haha. ))

236Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX - Page 16 Empty Re: Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:17 am

AliceofOz

AliceofOz

((Wait, Tiki, Kyouko wasn't crying I was referring to Amumu's teary eyes. xDD But it's okay, still cute. o3o))

---

The discussion was heating up tonight, and Kyouko found it hard to keep up with all that's going on.

Sayaka claiming that she really was the one who protected her, right after Luke did, although he did it more awkwardly and with less confidence. So he had some kind of impenetrable field around him for 24 hours, which is how he survived?

Perhaps he was staying in an inn close to hers that night?

But wait, didn't Amumu say that he visited Luke that same night to form an alliance? If so, Amethyst would've been nearby, since he was seen tailing her that night. How was she stunned if she was within Luke's bubble, unless the protection only applied to people who get attacked from the outside? Maybe it didn't apply to stuns?

"Hey, Luke guy, I'm still a bit confused on what's going on here. How exactly did you protect me that night? You said that your guardian bubble thing expanded to protect me as well? That..I mean..how did you know where I was that night in the first place to claim such a thing?"

Kyouko sighed as she caught Sayaka looking at her that way. She couldn't help that she had a big mouth. It was true - what Sayaka said made sense.
It would have been much safer if she hadn't said anything. And now there was a high chance that the deniers were going to kill her next. Why did she have to defend her that night? And if what Luke said was true, then she had two people defend her?!

THIS ISN'T RIGHT. Kyouko wasn't defenseless. She just didn't expect an attack that night, and now the person she cared most about was in danger because of her carelessness!

'No, no. This can't be happening.'

"Sayaka, just protect yourself tonight! Don't worry about me! I lowered my guard last night because I was naive, it won't happen again."

237Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX - Page 16 Empty Re: Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:44 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

Exhaustion tugged at Sayaka's shoulders and eyes. It took all of her strength to stay alert, but she'd need to maintain vigilance throughout the night. At Kyouko's words, she nodded, taking a long look at the girl and the way the starlight ignited her hair with a faint glow, outlining the fiery reds with soft pinks. Sayaka did not know if she would see her again soon. Somehow, as she looked up at the everlasting night, she felt as if she had been on this precipice... forever.

Returning to her chambers, she worked long and hard into the night, compiling her thoughts onto paper.

((Okay, I did this in my New Beginnings thread, and I felt like replicating it here with a little more organization. This was long overdue, actually. Unlike New Beginnings, I do not actually think that I am about to die in the night. It would take a few prominent roles to actually take me out, and I believe doing so would implicate them pretty substantially. That said, to whatever end, these are my notes on every possible pairing not including myself and Carlos, as well as my most likely candidates, and a few extra notes. I'll enclose them properly to be more readable. Interpret and use them as you will. If they're at all helpful, I'll be glad.

Important Messages
To Luke:

To Amumu:

To Kyouko:

Mafia Pairings Analysis:

Additional Notes:

Voting Pattern Analysis:

Likely pairings in no particular order:
Amethyst/Soren
Amethyst/Amumu ONLY IF AMETHYST CAN ATTACK WHILE STUNNED.
Amethyst/Luke
Amethyst/Cecil
(No current Kyouko pairings outside of an extremely implausible Kyouko/Luke, depending on Amumu testimony, unless she is lying about bulletproof, or more information comes to light, or a mafia is pinned. This said, without KyoSaya bias, I'd find it very odd if mafia were to waste their first attack N1 trying to clear themselves. If you are a hidden vigilante that shot Kyouko N1, then now is the time to speak up, because that practically guarantees Amethyst is mafia. And if you're mafia trying to frame Amethyst by saying you attacked Kyouko, don't bother; if Amethyst flips town, you're done.)
Soren/Luke (I do not think this is likely, but there's a very, very remote chance)
Soren/Cecil
(Ultimately, I... I do not think Amumu/Luke is a pairing. It would be too bizarre to do what they did and both be mafia, the slimmest of chances)
Amumu/Cecil (There is a fairly acceptable chance of this)
Luke/Cecil (This one may be possible as well)

I feel like one of these pairings is the most likely to be the mafia pairing.

If Amumu clarifies Luke's abilities in a way that seems damning, Luke/Amethyst and Luke/Cecil are two of my top pairings. If Luke says that Amumu can attack, Amumu/Cecil gains some traction for me. Amethyst is suspicious all around given that she hasn't talked much. Kyouko is probably town. Soren feels kind of town, but may be working with Cecil (?).

Spoiler:

Edit: One thing I forgot to mention in my long analysis is that if the friendship thing (if it happened) was consensual, then Luke accepting it as mafia would be interesting. It'd either mean he accepted to not be suspicious to Amumu through denying him, or he accepted because he thought his abilities were ambiguous enough to escape Amumu's suspicions. I really, really want to hear more from both of them on the exact details of how this works. I truly do not think both can be mafia... unless they are very, very dodgy with regards to the mechanics of this ability, which then raises my doubts about them. Augh, too tired to keep analyzing this connection between them. I've voiced a ton of thoughts on it already.))

238Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX - Page 16 Empty Re: Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:58 am

drandahl

drandahl

Cecil shook his head and looked down. That was a good blood stone circle, that he had been spending the entire evening constructing

((Sorry for being in and out, guys. Been keeping tabs but haven't been active in conversation today))

239Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX - Page 16 Empty Re: Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:00 am

alcasync

alcasync

Radio Broadcast wrote:Hello listeners. More on this story, because it developed. Intern Wilbur has been keeping tabs on this whole Amumu situation, and it appears that last night, Amumu went to pay a visit to Soren.

Soren was stunned.
Kyouko was targeted for a kill being chased out of Traverse Town but it failed.
Soren was targeted for a kill being chased out of Traverse Town but it failed.

▍▍▋▋▋▉ ▉ DAY 3 START ✦

There are 8 players remaining. It will take 5 votes to lynch someone. The phase will end when a player (or no lynch) has the majority of votes on them.

240Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX - Page 16 Empty Re: Roleplay Mafia Minigame ❧ NIGHT SIX Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:04 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

(( Today's proverb: This is the game that never ends, oh yes it goes on and on my friends. Some people started playing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue playing it forever just because... ))

Last edited by Kiyoko on Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum