Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!]

+7
Pan
nautilus
Rasei
Kiyoko
alcasync
Luxaria
Kotakia
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 15]

31TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 3 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:25 pm

alcasync

alcasync

I don't cancel actions if that's what you're thinking! I'm a pretty unique role. ;v;

32TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 3 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:10 am

AliceofOz

AliceofOz

Sure thing, alca.

I'll act on N0, just for you. <3

33TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 3 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:00 pm

Kotakia

Kotakia

Despite having a Get Out of Jail Free Card, alcasync appears to be on the Afterlife Express with sammiya.

An attempt was made to jail alcasync but it failed!
alcasync has died! They were Unwanted Revival. They were town.
sammiya has died! They were Constantly Curious. They were town.

The ratio is 5:3.

Day 1 Begin.
Night 1 begins at 3 PM CST on June 24th.

http://kotakia.tumblr.com

34TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 3 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:14 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Wondering if Alice is jailer based on her last comment.

alcasync wrote:one way or another I think my alignment will be revealed after tonight.

Even if something happens to me, act on N0 or N1 anyway okay? ;v;

Kotakia wrote:alcasync has died! They were Unwanted Revival. They were town.

I'm guessing that either alca will be revived, uh, unwantedly, or that she performed an action that continues after death and its effects are currently ongoing.

So I'm also guessing that either alca died as a result of her own role and Sammie was NK, or else mafia has a vig. I don't particularly think a town vig would've targeted her, even if they were suspicious of her request. Jailer could go either way, I think.

Hey, does anyone here happen to have a trope whose initials are "D.R."? If you do, I can help you out.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

35TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 3 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:54 pm

AliceofOz

AliceofOz

Kiyoko wrote:Wondering if Alice is jailer based on her last comment.

Please no. I didn't realize that alca would die this quickly. I really shouldn't have made that comment. :x

I was going to act on N0 anyway, whether she had requested it or not. (I'm pretty sure I was the only one who acted last night, since people usually reserve their actions until they need it, unless you had some specific role that required an early action, like mine did.) It was an interesting coincedence that she wanted people to act on N0 or N1, but again, regardless of whether she asked for it or not I would've acted last night.

And no I didn't attack anyone, I'm not a vig. If I was a vig, I wouldn't waste my kills this early on someone just because they asked me to.

Also, RIP Sammiya and..Alca? I think she's going to come back somehow, but not sure what would trigger it.

36TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 3 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:15 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

AliceofOz wrote:(I'm pretty sure I was the only one who acted last night, since people usually reserve their actions until they need it, unless you had some specific role that required an early action, like mine did.)

The jailer acted too, though? Assuming you're claiming not jailer, then there were at least two actions if you acted too.

That said I'm okay with leaving jailer alone since I really have no reason to suspect they might be maf.

D.R.-senpai please notice me

37TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 3 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:20 pm

AliceofOz

AliceofOz

...oh. Okay that was me misunderstanding. I thought jailer = maf. I guess they wanted to jail alca since her comment seemed fishy?

Nevermind then, at least two people acted last night.

38TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 3 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:28 pm

nautilus

nautilus

I... huh. I guess this game went off with a bang.

I agree with Kiyoko that alcasync's death seems like a consequence of her ability rather than the actual NK. If she was the NK target, then the jail's protective ability should have prevented her from dying (unless mafia has an ability that involves an unblockable NK or something); rather the jail failed outright, implying that her ability overrode the jail attempt. Given her trope name, I'd assume that alcasync will be revived later on in the game or her ability extends beyond the current phase and involves player actions, given her request??

Not sure what to think of the jailer, because it's a double-sided role ability; if mafia jailer, then it might have been to purposely block whatever alcasync was trying to do, whereas if town then jailer may have tried to prevent her death with the protective side of the role. I think jailer is more likely to be a town role than a mafia role because of the nature of the jailer's protection being less important for mafia, but I suppose it could go either way.

This leaves Sammiya as the NK. I'm inclined to think that it might be because she was a mafia veteran and has played lots of mafia games previously, but it could have easily also been a random hit.

Last edited by nautilus on Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:30 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Clarity)

39TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 3 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:41 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

nautilus wrote:If she was the NK target, then the jail's protective ability should have prevented her from dying (unless mafia has an ability that involves an unblockable NK or something); rather the jail failed outright, implying that her ability overrode the jail attempt.

This is a very good point that I can't believe I missed. Also assuming the ratio is correct then both Sammie and alca are actual town and not reverse-millers. I think alca said something about us understanding her ability after N1, so I'm all for leaving it alone until N1 is over.

So... it's technically MYLO (barring night actions and whatnot). I have information to share that might help us decide who to vote today but I'm waiting for D.R.-senpai to respond first.

40TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 3 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:15 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

If D.R., does the second word have more letters than the first?

41TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 3 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:48 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Mr. Alice wrote:If D.R., does the second word have more letters than the first?

Yes. Are you D.R.-senpai? If so, nobody vote for Mr. Alice because I am pretty sure D.R.-senpai is town.

42TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 3 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:50 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

ExCUSE ME?! hOW DARE YOU!!! I AM THE BEST MAYORAL CANDIDATE THIS TOWN HAS TO OFFER AND I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS KIND OF SLANDER!!

WHERE AND HOW DID YOU COME TO RECIEVE THIS THOROUGHLY UNPLEASANT RUMOR I DEMAND TO KNOW

43TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 3 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:20 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

( RIP Sammie ;_; and maybe RIP Alcasync? ;v; )

Hmmm.

So we have a jail attempt on Alcasync. It's unclear whether this was town or mafia's doing, and it's even more unclear which alignment Alcasync is. Alcasync's N0 statements can be interpreted several ways. I think it's much too forward for her to do that as mafia, but I could be completely wrong. That said, she called a lot of attention to herself regardless of alignment. It could be a bait one way or the other. Was she trying to draw mafia into some specific trap relating to her role? And why did she encourage town to use their roles if they were not detrimental?

I agree that her death seems likely to be self-inflicted, otherwise the jailer's protection should have kicked in, if I understand the role correctly. As it is, her own self-initiated death took place before the jailer role. Did she know for a fact that her role would go off no matter what? If so, what does she gain by telling all of town with helpful roles to act N0 and N1? Lastly, Kiyoko mentioned the possibility of reverse-millers (I searched for this in the glossary, but I only brought up miller, which means that they show up as the opposite alignment). Just so we're on the same page, in this case you're suggesting that a reverse-miller would be mafia showing up as town? If that's the case, this could be the end-game plan of a mafia Alcasync trying to present herself as town. The fact that she said “You'll see what role I am” could suggest that, but... wouldn't that be a giant “Hey, hey look at me” sign if she were mafia?

One interesting thing to note is that Alcasync usually plays with a heavy town push in the first day phase to try and get lynches going and learn more about people. So, I feel like whatever her role is she must have valued it more than contributing to day one discussion. If she were mafia, the entire gambit calls a lot of attention to herself and conveniently removes her from the discussion. If she's town, her role must be worth the immediate downside and could benefit town substantially. Conversely, I'm having a lot of trouble seeing the benefits she gains as mafia without casting immense suspicion on herself. It seems like she's probably coming back due to her trope name, so I would imagine we'll find out soon enough what her plan was? I'm trying to avoid mind gaming myself here, but I think this reads as a town move.

As far as the jailer is concerned, I agree that it could go either way, but I feel like the move was more town. There are four situations: Mafia has jailer and used it on mafia Alcasync (do they gain anything from this? Maybe adding more to the bluff?); Mafia has jailer and used it on town Alcasync (this is possible, but her statements came across as a bait); and town has jailer and used it on mafia or town Alcasync to roughly the same end, that being that town found her statements and request to be suspicious. I'm not sure if they'd do it to try and protect her from death, since that suggests that they believe her as town, and it would probably interfere with whatever she was planning?

... Okay, sorry, brain's still in overdrive from the roleplay thread. Closing thoughts: Unless we get a vigilante claim, Sammiya was the NK, correct? Since we didn't see any saves go out, and the alternative would be that Alcasync was targeted and did not get hit (which we can confirm would be the case since the jailer effect would have saved her if the death was not self-inflicted). This means that Sammiya was either town or mafia doing a reverse-mill, if I understand Kiyoko, but that would make more sense for Alcasync to do since she might (?) revive, whereas Sammiya is just... dead. So, Sammiya was town. I have some theories that I'll share after more discussion, but I guess the short of it is that it's due to her experience.

44TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 3 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:57 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Alca is 100% town and I'm very interested in why you're suggesting she might not be.

45TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 3 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:59 pm

nautilus

nautilus

I doubt the alcasync mafia gambit theory is likely at all - considering that it's exceedingly early on in the game, Alcasync would be doing herself no favors if she drew that much attention to herself, and an auto-suicide is not exactly a role that you'd commonly see associated with mafia unless Kotakia threw some weird roles into the mix.

I agree with Kiyoko that we should probably wait until N1/whenever or if alcasync decides to come back to us though before we speculate any further on her, since either her ability will become more known to us or she might come back and tell us about it later on herself. SHRUG

Other thoughts... I think I'll leave Mr. Alice and Kiyoko alone for now. Kiyoko seems to be softclaiming some form of investigative role & given that the ratio is 5:3, I'd rather follow what she has to say with respect to Mr. Alice for now rather than scuttle possibly our only information lifeline.

Finally: due to RL shenanigans (of a painful and slightly distressing kind) I will be gone for the majority of the morning tomorrow, so I won't be able to speculate much. I will try and sneak in a vote if possible, though, and I'd love to hear from everyone who hasn't commented yet. :o

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum